A Week Later

Sweet Candies

 

A Week Later

I sat on the edge of my bed, staring at the window. The day has finally come, for me to go back to school. I've been making up excuses to not go to school. Thanks to my hyung, he's a doctor so I just asked him to make a letter to my home room teacher.

I stood up and looked at myself on the big mirror in my room. Yes, I'm back to my house again. It's been such a big transformation for me. The last one week, I've been spending it with Sungjong and his so called beauty class and stuffs. I realized how much I've changed from head to toe. The way I dress, the way I act, the way I respond to people. Yeah, Sungjong really did his magic on me.

Son! Come on let's have breakfast together!” Shouted my father from downstairs.

Yes appa, I'll be down in a minute.” I shouted back to him.

Alright, this is the day and the time that I should tell to the world, I'm the new Sungyeol. I won't make people look down on me again. I'll make Myungsoo regret for what he has done to me.


 

Hey son...” My mom greeted me a bit confused with something. I guess, it must be about my appearance. “You look... different?” She said. She's right, I rarely use any accessories or other garment that makes me visible. These bracelets on my hand, my colorful sweater than covers my uniform, my hair, yeah most of it are changing.

Something happening, son?” Now it's my dad whose asking.

No, dad. I just realized that I should look more attractive rather than just being a monotone student.” My parents look at each other, they muse be thought that it'd effect my grades so I told them, “don't worry mom, dad, It won't effect my grades. It's only my outside appearance that changes, but not inside.”

Well, as long as you keep in the right track, we won't protest.” Said my dad.

Well let's have breakfast together then. It's been a long time right?” Said my mom. I smiled and felt great at the heartwarming atmosphere in my house. It starts with a great start for this morning.


 

Ding Dong~ The bell rang, I opened it and saw Sungjong stood in front of my door. I greeted Sungjong. I asked him to pick me up since I'm a bit nervous somehow to go to school by myself.

Oh, it's Sungjongie.” Said my mom.

Good morning, Mrs. Lee.” Said Sungjong.

Morning, Sungjong. It's been a long time right? You're still pretty as always.” She said.

Ah really? Thank you mam!” Sungjong said smiling proudly and act shyly in front of my parents.

Well then, dad and mom will be going now.” Said my dad. “Sungyeol, study hard ok!”

Of course dad. Be careful mom, dad!” I waved my hands to them. They waved back and left with their cars.

So hyung ready?” Asked Sungjong. I nodded nervously. “By the way hyung. You really look... fascinating. I'm sure you'll be the spotlight for today.” I blushed at Sungjong's word.

Please, don't say that, it's making me more nervous.”

Don't be hyung! What did I tell you on the training of Self-Confidence? Don't let people see your weakness, be strong and face all of them.” Sungjong said.

Ok, ok. I get it.” I let out a heavy breath. “For all of the students in Woolim High! I'll make sure you'll fall for me. Note that!” I shouted to the air. Sungjong smiled happily at my spirit.

That's the spirit! Now, let's go hyung!” Sungjong said. I nodded and we walked to school together.


 

_

I sat on a bench with my friends while waiting for the school's bell. It's been such a boring week, nothing fun going on. What's even worrying me the most is that Sungyeol didn't come to school for a week. Was I really hurting him that much?

Myungsoo, what are you thinking? You look so busy with your thoughts.” Asked Hoya.

Nothing, just searching for something fun to do.” I answered him.

Something fun? How about helping me on the School Festival? Does that count as something fun?” Hoya asked, instead of ask it sounded like he's forcing me.

Baby, why don't you ask me if you need help?” said Dongwoo. But Hoya just ignored him and waiting for my answer.

I sighed and answered him. “Alright, What do you want me to do? “ll help you, but I'm not interested to become a crew, ok?”

Sure, I don't ask you to become a crew, actually.” Said Hoya, I raise my eye brow, than what he want me to do? “I want you...” He looked at Woohyun and Dongwoo with a smirk. “I want you to join the School's Prince Competition.”

WHAT?!” I shouted at them and stood up from my sit. I looked at the three of them with disbelief.

Whoa, that's quite an over reaction from Kim Myungsoo.” Said Woohyun.

I said it right, that I won't do it! It's not my thing.” I protested to them.

Myungsoo... You know that I really want this year Festival to be a blast, right? So I need you to raise the excitement of the competition.” Hoya pleaded. Aegyo doesn't really suit him, but for some reason sometimes it effects me. “Will you do it?...” He maked a puppy eyes. “For me?”

Come on, Myungsoo, I know you'll do great for this year.” Said Dongwoo. Woohyun just smiled in agreement to me.

Why do I have friends like this? I looked at them again and their pose still same, hoya still begging, Dongwoo grinning widely and so does Woohyun. It's hard to say no when all of your friends wanting you to do something for them.

I sighed as I've decided. “Alright, for the sake of your happiness guys, I'll do it.”

The three of them said yes repeatedly and gave high five to each others. “THANK YOU SO MUCH, MYUNGSOO!” said Hoya as he hugged me tightly.

Dongwoo suddenly coughed, “Lee Howon..” Hoya released the hug and looked Dongwoo.

Oh right... sorry Myungsoo.” Then he backed again. “So, thank you very very much Myungsoo. We'll make sure to cheer on you.”

Yeah, but I have one condition.” It's time for me to say yes repeatedly and feeling my joy.

Eh? What is it?” Asked Hoya.

I will join the competition, If...” I looked at Woohyun, he seemed already realized what I was going to say. He gulped and waited for me to say something, “If Woohyun join the competition, with me.”

WHAT?!” Woohyun screamed.

OH SURE!” Hoya exclaimed. “It'd be great to have two of my friends competing for the Prince title. Woohyun you'll do it right?” Hoya asked to Woohyun. Woohyun gave him a reluctant look. “Come on, Woohyun.”

Oh my, I envy the two of you, if I only I could join this year competition again, I'd compete with the two of you.” Dongwoo protested.

I gave a look to Woohyun, I'm challenging him actually to compete with me. We're friends but I'll show him, that I'm the best. “So, what do you think, Nam Woohyun?” I asked him.

He looked at me and replied the look that I've been making. “Deal,” He answered firmly.

Great! Thanks a lot guys! This year competition gonna be so tight!” exclaimed Hoya.


 

_

I step my first footstep on the school gate and all of the students already whispering to each other. I know I shouldn't really wearing this sweater, this color is just too bright. I looked down to check on my sweater but Sungjong coughed.

What did I say about not looking nervous or looking down? Keep looking forward and walking straight.” Said Sungjong. I nodded and stopped what I was doing.

I walked straightly looking confident as Sungjong has trained me for a week. He was pretty satisfied with the progress that I've been making for the past week. For the past week when I was in so called Sungjong's class, he kept telling me about how Myungsoo looked gloomy and sometimes he asked Sungjong where was I? I didn't believe him at first, but Sungjong said that Myungsoo asked him for three times in a week. What was he up to actually?

Back to the school's atmosphere, I walked to my class with Sungjong beside me. People still can't leave their eyes on me. I walked in and sit on my desk. As people keep looking at me, some of them gasped. Maybe they were realizing that it's the geek Lee Sungyeol who came to class again after a week dissapeared.

Is that Lee Sungyeol? He looks different!”

Is it really him? Am I not wrong?”

That's Myungsoo's ex, right? The one that Myungsoo's play with?”

He's so gorgeous!”

I could hear all of them saying stuffs. I'm actually happy to hear all the compliments about my transformation, but I don't use to that kind of stuffs. So, I just plugged my earphone into my ears and listened to some musics.

I stared to the windows and acted as cool as I could like nothing happen. I looked at the cloud moving slowly and the leaves wobblying as the wind blow. I sighed, I wished that time passed by really fast.

I looked to the front and realized that my teacher already arrived. I must be not heard the bell rang. I pull out my earphones and get myself to study again. It's been a week and I just do some self-study at home, I really need to catch up for everything that I've been missed.


 

The bell rand signed of the start of the recess time. I cleaned up my table as my paperworks piled up on my table. Sungjong was out to the toilet. He said that maybe me and him could go to the cafetaria to grab some lunches.

Hello there.” Someone greeted me. It's so rare to see someone greeting me in class.

Uh... Hi.” I answered him shyly, as my eyes wandered around I saw Sungjong in the front door of our class. He gave me a look, that I should look at the speaker's eyes.

Well, I just want to say, you look different now and you're beautiful, actually.” He said. I blushed a bit at his words. Because of the compliments, I got my confidence and looked at his eyes.

Thank you.” I answered him and smiled.

You're welcome. We should hang out together, sometime.” He said.

Sure, If I have I time, I will.” He smiled happily and said bye then walked away. I watched him leaving and to my surprise he's not my classmates. Wow? Why would he walk to my class just for saying that stuffs?

Hey hyung, it seems that my magic working pretty well on you.” Sungjong came and sat on his desk which was beside me.

He's not our classmate Jong, I was surprised.” I said to him.

Then, it's legit that you're popular now.” Sungjong looked arund and found out that some of them still whispering about Sungyeol. “Look, some of them are still talking about you.” Sungjong whispered to me.

Ahhh I couldn't take this kind of feelings. I feel like I want to explode. I'm really not used to people's attention.” Actually inside of me something feels weird, not because the attention. But it's because Myungsoo, I haven't met him since the morning. That's what making me feel uneasy.

Have you meet Myungsoo? I'm still couldn't found him anywhere.”

No, I haven't.” I answered him short. Why should I look after him, when he's the one who should meet me. He got problem with me, not me.

Do you want to go to the cafetaria?” I shook my head.

I'm just staying here, I want to do some of my homeworks so I could finished it as fast as I could.” I answered him.

Well, then work hard! I'll be going then.” Sungjong said then he walked to the door but then I heard Sungjong's shouted in pain. “OUCH!!!” I stood up from my sit and found Myungsoo in front of the door with Sungjong on the floor.

It's Myungsoo, something sparked inside of me. Seeing him again after a long time it's pleasing somehow, but I shouldn't let my guard down.

I approached Sungjong and helped him stand up. Myungsoo raised his eye brow at me and being the way he is, he won't apologize.

Sungyeol hyung, thanks.” Sungjong said to me, I nodded to him. I turned my attention but I could see a surprise expression on his face. Sungjong recognized it too. “Ah... I should get going then.” Sungjong said and gave me a sign to run the plan A. I smirked to him and ready to run the plan.

So, Myungsoo, nice to see you again.” I said to him confidently. He was still staring at me, he must be not believe in my tranformation. I wave my hands in front of his eyes. “Myungsoo? Hello?”

After what I did, Myungsoo came back to his sense. “Sung.. yeol... ahh yeah nice to see you too.” He said.

How are you doing? Been doing fine for the past one week without me? You must be really happy that I'm not bothering you at all, right?” I asked him trying to be sarcastic. But Myungsoo didn't answer me. “What is it Myungsoo? Not answering my questions?” I walked to him and stood in front of him closely. I put my hand on his chest and I maked my way to the upper button of his shirt to fix it. I knew I'm being such a teaser. Myungsoo was silent and couldn't said any word. “There, you should be neater next time” I said and winked at him.

I turned back to my sit and worked on my homeworks again. I smiled in victory as Myungsoo still stood up dumbfounded on his place. You'll see a lot of surprising event from Lee Sungyeol, Kim Myungsoo.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Hello! I know it's been a while since I update, I know. But I was going to update this earlier, but it seemed that AFF was having a server issue. I even couldn't sign in, so I can't update. But here I am updating the story.

For everyone, I just want you guys to know that maybe I look like abandone this story, but trust me, I don't. I love my story so much, so I really take time to update it, cause I don't want to ruin the plot.

So I present this story for you guys ;) enjoy!