The School's Festival

Sweet Candies

 

It's the day of the School's festival, everything goes beyond imagination. I believe it was one of the most huge festival that has been held for years. Hoya really did well on this Festival. I could see a huge sign of welcome in front of the gate. The opening ceremony gonna be start when the school's end. After that, we're going to have a holiday for a week. Well you can't say it as a holiday as we have to attend school but to watch the sports competition and participate in some intern competitions.

I entered the class room, it was rare to see lots of people already sit on their sit and listening to my class's president.

Sungyeol, please go to your seat quickly, I need to explain regarding the School's Festival.” Said the president. I just nodded and walked quickly to my desk.

Sungjong, what's happening?” Asked me to Sungjong who was paying attention to the front.

It's about the Competition for intern. He's listing for whose going to participate in each competition.” Sungjong explained. I nodded and turned my head to the front.

Ok, I continue again, as I said there are 4 competitions for intern in this year School's Festival. There are Basketball, Football, Athletic, and Quiz. For Basketball we need around 7-8 players, while football around the same players as basketball. For Athletic, it's going to be a relay, we need 4 persons for this. While for Quiz it's going to be a team consists of 4 persons. For the rules it's going to be explain in the technical meeting which is going to be held tomorrow. So please assign yourself if you want to participate.” And finally he finished talking.

I looked at Sungjong, so was Sungjong. We gave a look to each other.

Ok I start with the Basketball. Please raise your hand who want to participate.” After he said it, actually there's a lot of boys in the class who want to participate. They were yelling their names. I looked to the back, I saw Myungsoo raising his hands calmly. So, he's going to be in the basketball team.

Well, ok I already wrote you name. Now Football?” I looked around again, It was as much as the Basketball team with yellings too.

Ok. How about Athletic?” Now it was different, there's only two persons who want to participate.

Hmm ok, I wrote the two of your names first.” He wrote the two persons names. “Quiz?” There were few girls who raised their hands. “Thanks.”


 

Now, we have that the Football teams and Basketball teams have too many players. While the Quiz already consists of 4 members. For Athletic we only have two persons. For those in Basketball and Football teams, are you guys willing to participate in the Athletic?” He asked. But none of them raise their hands. “Hmm well then, let me see.” He scanned the students inside the class and suddenly his eyes met mine. “Sungyeol? Don't you have long legs? Why don't you try to participate? The others will help you for sure.”

I widened my eyes, is he really asking me to join in the competition. Athletic? I had done it before in elementary school, thanks to my long legs I won the competition. But, this is High School.

Yeah, Sungyeol might be win it.” Said one of my classmate.

Sungyeol, I know you can do it!” Now people start cheering on me.

Hey hyung, why don't you give it a try, it's not about winning after all, it's about the experienced.” Said Sungjong as he supported me.

Well, uh... Maybe I could give it a try.”

Great! Then it's making it one more members left. Whose willing to move from the teams?” He asked the class again. It was silent, no want raise their hands. “Alright, alright, If no one wants to move willingly, then I will move one of you by myself.” He said. But then someone raised its hand. “Excuse me?”

I'm willing to move to Athletic.” Said him with his deep husky voice. I looked at him in disbelief. WHAT?! We're going to be together then? God damn it.

Are you sure, Myungsoo?” asked the class's president. Myungsoo nodded.

I resign myself then.” I blurted out while raising my hand.

Why?” He asked, I looked for a reason but can't found anything. “If it's about Myungsoo in the same team as yours, I'm sure you guys will doing fine together. Be professional.” He said as he ended his speech and left his place to the Student's commitee's room.

I looked back to Myungsoo and gave him a death stare. I smashed my table and walked out from the class.


 

_

The breezy wind got me relax. I skipped the first class since I know, people gonna talk about the Competition for intern. Let's say that the School's Prince Competition already got me overwhelmed. I don't want to put more pressure on my shoulder. The School's Prince Competition already enough for me.

I opened my phone and searched for my love numbers. Sunggyu. I pressed the green button and called him. Not long after hearing some beeps, I heard his voice.

Hello Woohyun!” He greeted me immediately.

Hi Hyung. How you've been doing?”

I'm fine, not much patients these days, I think the rate of healthiness is increasing somehow.” He said scientifically.

Oh please Gyu, it's not about the healthiness rate that increasing. They just don't want to disturb you since you're unavailable now.” I said to him and he just scoffed.

Yah if there's no patients, how could I get my salary.” He said.

Then I'll do the work for you and you just wait for me in your apartment. Be a good house-wife.” I grinned.

Yah!” He yelled on the phone.

I'm just kidding.” I said and he calmed down a bit. “but, seriously I'll be working hard someday, for us.”

Woohyun..... uh...” Then it went silent for seconds before Sunggyu talked again, “Well, uh..... So, what are you doing? Why are you calling me at this hour? You should be in class right?” He changed the topic, huh, he must be blushing hard. I just let him be.

I don't have any class today, it's the day of the School's Festival, so teachers are some students are busy preparing for it.”

But at least you should stay inside the class, Woo.”

Gyu, please, there's nothing to do inside the class. They're all so noisy, I better hear your voice then theirs.” Sunggyu let out a small giggle, I knew his smiling now.

Stop that Woohyun. Ok ok, do what you want.” He gave up.

So, I was thinking will you come to the opening ceremony today? It's around 1 PM. I'll be the most happy guy in the world if you come.”

Why would you be the most happy guy if I come?” He asked confusedly.

Because, I'm gonna show to all of them that you're my boyfriend, Gyu.” Then there was silent again. Sunggyu was not giving any respond. “Gyu, you're coming right?”

Ah! Yeah... yeah I'm coming. But I'm so embarassed to come to your school... School is not where I belong anymore.” He said worriedly.

Who say that? You're not aging that much. You look pretty young to me. Come on, Gyu, don't worry over such a thing like that. I always be by your side when you're here.” I promised to him.

Uh... Alright, If you insist. I'll come.” He agreed.

Great! I'll be waiting then.” I said to him.

Ok, I'll see you later Woohyun. Need to go back to work. I love you.”

Ok, I love you too Gyu.” Then Sunggyu hung up the phone. I smiled widely and looked to the sky, I'm sure lots of people gonna be surprised. I can't wait.


 

_

Time passed by, without I notice it's already time for the opening ceremony. I could see several students from different schools. They were all chatting happily while waiting with for the opening ceremony to start. I looked around and found a spot to sit. So, I sit down on a bench under the tree while waiting for Sungjong..

I opened my phone and tried to dial Sungjong's number, but I couldn't reach him. I looked around again, but still no Sungjong's presence. Suddenly I could sense a stare from a group of guys, I felt uncomfortable by them so I just ignore and pretend I'm busy. Why do I have to look so lonely at this kind of situation.

Excuse me--” A guy was going to say something to me, but suddenly he stopped talking. I looked at his direction and there Myungsoo suddenly appeared from nowhere, blocking him.

The sit is taken.” He said to the guy coldly, The guy scoffed with his looking so annoyed.

Then Myungsoo really sit next to me. I ignored his presence. He didn't say a word, so did I. I tried to steal glances at him, and I think so did he. I decided to break the awkwardness between us.

Ehem, Ehem.” I cleared my throath first. “So, what are you doing here suddenly appeared from nowhere?”

Nothing, I think this bench has the best view of the park. That's all.” He said.

huh? Such a bad liar.” I said to him. He faced and was pissed. “Do you miss me really that bad?” Teasing mode: on.

Sungyeol, just stop the hell what are you doing now.” He said pointing his finger at me. “I don't want to hear any of your words.”

If you don't want to hear me, then just get off from here.” I said to him rudely. But he stayed still not leaving. I just let him be. As long as he stayed silent, then I'll be fine.

After like 5 minutes of silent, he said something. “Sungyeol, will you hear me for a sec?”

Oh you're talking now. Good.” I said.

Why is it so hard to talk you.” He said to hisself. “My point is that... I want to... uh..” Then he suddenly took something out from his bag. It's a paper bag of a bread store. “Hmmm, well here, for you.” He handed me the paper bag. “Last week, I didn't give you the coffe bun... So here, I bought you one on my way to school.” He said. He looked shy as he looked to another direction.

I smiled happily, no sincerely for him. I opened the paper bag and my nose could smell the aroma of the coffe. “This is... for me?” I asked him. He nodded shyly.

Thanks a lot Myungsoo.” I said smiling sweetly to him. He looked at me but then I felt something weird on his face, it was red. Was he blushing? “Myungsoo, are you by any chance... hmmm blushing?” I asked him.

W-what?” He touched his cheek and acted cool like nothing happened. “Of course not.”

Yes you are.”

I am not.” He replied again not admitting.

Myungsoo, you are.”

I'm not.” He said with a voice of patient still could be heard.

You are!”

I AM NOT!” He replied agian, looking emotional.

But you are, duh...” I said making him more in rage and it looks more red now.

Myungsoo lost his temper and stood up. “ARGHHH!” With that he left the bench. What's up with him? First he's the one who came to me. Second, he did blushed, now he's mad? Weird of him. I felt funny somehow teasing him like this. He already got a taste of his own fault.