Over for us

Sweet Candies

 

Sungyeol, I'm gonna tell you the truth.” I said to him after I placed my lips on him for the last time. “You're right. It's just a bet. You've found out about it. So, I don't have much reason to be around you anymore now.” I released my hand from him and stepped back. “It's over Sungyeol. There' no more myungie or yeol between us.” I emphasized the word and got a shock expression from him. “I hope you accept that. Goodbye Lee Sungyeol.” I walked away and went out without caring about his expression and feelings. I'm a jerk.

 

I closed the door and leaned on my back to it. I felt a bit ache, no, my heart is aching. I don't know why, but I feel pain inside of me. I admit that one month between me and him have been developing my feelings toward him a little. But I'm not good enough for him, he deserves someone better than me. I sighed and walked to my class.

 

_

Where is my phone? Argh, I should have lost it somewhere... Where is it? Could it be at the rooftop? I was eating my breakfast there while listened to the song on my phone..... And I forgot. I should check it there.

 

Good evening, Mr. Shim.” Greeted some students to me.

Good evening, students.” I said to them and walked passed them. It's good to hear that some students recognize me.

 

I opened the door to the rooftop but then I gasped as I saw a body of a male student laid down on the floor. I ran to him and looked at his face. I gasped again. It's Sungyeol.

Sungyeol!? Yah! Lee Sungyeol? Are you, ok? Wake up!” I said as I shook him, but he's still not wake up. “Goddamit! I should bring him to the infirmary.”

I picked him up bridal style and brough him to school's infirmary. Some students freaked out as I brought Sungyeol who was passed out, while some just stared at me in confused.

But then something popped in my mind. Where is Myungsoo?

The lovely boyfriend of him is unconscious but he's not beside him at all? Huh that brat, he waste such a jewel like you. Let me take care of you Sungyeol. I'll treat you the best. Please give me a chance to capture your heart.

 

I've done checking on him. I could see that he's not in a good condition at all. He's just tired, he's body showed all the signs of it.

I let him raised on the bed while I decided to see Myungsoo and informed him about Sungyeol.

 

I searched and found him immediately inside his class wandering to the window probably just staring to the cloud. I approached him and asked for his attention.

Myungsoo, I need to talk.” I said to him.

Oh, you? What do you want to talk about?” He said in not interesting tone. And how could he talked to me like that? I'm also his teacher. He should treat me politely, but yeah, it's not about him, but it's about Sungyeol.

I don't care about your attitude or anything toward him, but I warned you. If you try to hurt Sungyeol, you better leave him.” I threatened him. He looked at me in disbelief.

W-what? Did you say Sungyeol?” He asked surprisedly.

Yes, Sungyeol. You're Sungyeol! I found him passed out on the roof top.”

Wait...” He was panick but then he calmed his self down and talked again. “Sungyeol passed out? So? What's the point?”

It was a shocking answer to me. I didn't know Myungsoo is such a jerk like this. “What?!” I pulled his shirt, “That's all your response? You're boyfriend is sick and you don't care about him at all?”

Ex-Boyfriend. It's none of my responsibility.” He said coldly to me with his death glare. “You better put off your hand from or else...” He said threatening me back. I released him and stepped back.

Ok, if he's not your boyfriend anymore, I inform you. You just lost your jewel.” I paused waiting for his responds but he just stayed quiet, then I talked again. “I'll take him. You, just stay away!” I said and left his classroom.

 

_

Argh.... It hurts, the memory of that event still clearly visible in my mind. How could I forgot such a terrible moment?

As I woke up those feelings came up immediately. I was still in my lay down position. I don't have the energy to sit, so I decided to just lay down. I could see things around were white, with some decoratives of human's anatomy and stuffs on the wall. This must be the school's infirmary. The wall and the floor are a like with my class. The room was quiet, seems like no one is here. I just stare blankly at the ceiling.

I laid down a bit more and was going to close my eyes when I heard someone entered the room and slammed the door. I was surprised at the loud voice. Who is that? I tried to sit down with all of my strength and opened the curtain. Then there it is, I saw Soohyun hyung sat down on his chair with his hand covered his face.

As he heard the curtain being opened, he looked at me and I could see a bit stressness on his eyes. “Sungyeol? Uh... You already awake? Did I wake you up?” He asked.

Yeah, and no... Uh I already woke up 5 minutes ago. Yeah... and I was surprised hearing the loud voice.” I answered him with my remaining power.

I'm so sorry Sungyeol. Please forgive me. I was just a bit stress out.” He said.

No problem, hyung. I'm fine.” I lied to him. No, I'm not fine at all. My heart is aching so much and my head is giving me a lot of pain.

Sungyeol, you look very tired. I suggest you go to sleep again now. Just lay down. You need a lot of rest.” He said worriedly and positioned me to lay down again. I obeyed him but I don't want to sleep anymore. I'm tired of sleeping, I'm afraid the memory will haunted me in my sleep. Gosh, the event has just passed like 2 hours.

But... I don't want to sleep anymore, hyung.” I said to him.

You don't want to?” I nodded to his question. “Hmm then just lay down and let's talk about stuff.”

That won't be a bad idea, hyung. What do you want to talk about?” I said as the idea was not bad at all. Maybe I could try to refresh my mind.

Hmm I'm curious about you, Sungyeol. I got a question that I want to ask, but I'm afraid you might not want to talk about it.”

What is it, hyung? Just tell me.” I forced him to say the point.

Are you broke up with Myungsoo?” That question. Huh... do all of the people in this school already knew about it?

Yes, hyung. And I'm not going to talk about it any further.” I answered him with a bit angry tone.

Sorry, I just want to make sure. We might just talk about something else.

Nah, I think I just prefer to go back to sleep.” I said as I covered myself with the blanket. I could hear a sigh from Soohyun hyung. He left his sit and closed the curtain.

I'm sorry hyung, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings but I don't want to talk about it at all. Just give me time and I promise I'll tell you everything.


 

_

I walked passed all the students as I heard they were talking about something shocking. I was so curious about what were people talking about and decided to eavesdropping.

I leaned on the wall, acting like playing with my phone, while beside me were a group of people who was gossiping. I took out my lollipop from my bag trying to look natural as it's my habit. Then, I heard them talking.

It's over guys! Myungsoo and Sungyeol has officially been over.” the student said.

What?! I knew it right! It must be only Myungsoo's joke to date Sungyeol.” The other one responded.

Oh my god. That is harsh... How could he do that?” Another one responded.

Well it's Myungsoo after all.” The first guy replied it.

Where did you hear the information?” The second girl asked the first guy.

I heard it from people around. They were talking about it and have becoming a hot gossip. Even in social network like twitter. Gosh, technology these days.”

I walked away from the group and got a new shocking info.

 

Yah where are you Dongwoo?” I asked the guy on the phone.

I'm inside my class Woohyun. Why?”

Need to talk to you now. Tell Hoya to come too. It is important.” I said to him and hung up the phone.

I wait for them at the usual table in our canteen. Actually, it's not a surprising news at all for me but It's still 2 days early, isn't it? But who cares about that. Sungyeol must be heart-broken now. I hope that Myungsoo is not telling him about the bet. Or... I could have been died any moment. Maybe he'd tell Sunggyu hyung.

Beep~ Beep~ My phone beeped. I got a message and opened it.

To: Woohyun

From: Sunggyu

Hi hyun, what are you doing now?

Have you been studying seriously?

Don't sleep during the class period, ok!

I miss you <3


 

I smiled as I looked the last words. He said he miss me already. But I miss him too.

I pressed the reply button and started to write my reply.

To: Sunggyu

From: Woohyun

Hi gyu hyung! I'm just talking with my friends.

Yes of course. No I don't sleep. Cause...

I'm afraid that I couldn't get over with the thoughts of you ;)

I miss you too <3


 

I sent the message and smiled to myself. My boyfriend is just so adorable. He looks like a high school student not like a doctor at all.

Hey! Woohyun, what's with the smile on your face?” Dongwoo snapped me back into reality as he slammed the table.

Yah! Can you just come peacefully?!” I protested.

Woohyun, just make it fast, please. What's important? I need to go back to the school committee meeting.

Hmmm guys I'd like to inform you--”

About what?” Dongwoo asked.

Can you be patient, I haven't finished. Patient Dongwoo, patient!” Dongwoo just nodded in scared and hugging Hoya.

I'd like to inform you... Myungsoo... and Sungyeol broke up.” I informed to them and I could see their jaw dropped and surprised.

WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!”