Sacrifices

Sweet Candies

As they left. The atmosphere were more awkward than ever. He still hugging my waist. Then I decided to talk.

"Myungie... What is it?"

"What do you mean?" he asked back.

"You rarely being this touchy since... You know." I said not want him to talk in detail about the accident few days ago.

"I just... I... Uh..." he looked confused. "just want to have some good moments with you."

"Myungie... You know what, you're the best thing I've ever had." I said to him smiling. But he just laughed awkwardly.

 

_

Great did he just say that I'm the best thing he ever had? No, I'm not. I'm just a bastard whose playing with your heart. Don't fall for me Sungyeol. Please don't. You are a good guy and very attractive. I don't want to hurt you.

I let go my grip from his waist. I just smiled awkwardly and tried to look as sincere as ever. "The match will start soon I guess." I said making an excuse.

"hmm... Myungsoo, I'll go buy some drink first." he said. I nodded. Good you better get off from me so I could clear my minds. Sungyeol you really is something... Undescribeable.

"Oh, Myungsoo where is Sungyeol going?" Woohyun asked.

"He's going to buy some drinks." I said to him.

"Soo, I need to tell you something. This is very important for you to know." He said to me like its a very big secret.

"What is it? just tell me."

"Sungyeol..." As he said his name I started paying attention to what he's going to tell me. "he's the little brother of the doctor that I like, no, I love." I rolled my eyes as I heard that. I thought t was something more important.

"So? What's make it related to me?" I asked him.

"Don't you get it! I love this doctor! And he's Sungyeol big brother. Now, Sungyeol is you're fake boyfriend because of the bet. The bet is made by me. That means because of the bet made by me, the doctor that I love won't love me back knowing his brother is hurt because of me." he explained it in details.

"So? What's my problem?" I responded with a question for him.

"What?! Myungsoo, I know this is majorly not you're problems and its mine. I just want you to help me, you jerk. Help me!!" He shook me.

"Woohyun calm down. So, that's another reason that you looked surprise when you met him. Let's just think about this later." I said to him. He sighed and then he took something out from his bag. It must be lollipops. "you eat candies everyday in a purpose, am I right?"

He stared at me. "What?! Myungsoo, I've told you before right why I like candies! Before I met this dentist I already love candies so much." He said to me, then he handed me one of the lollipops in strawberry flavour. "want some?"

"Sure. Thanks." I took it.

"You know, I've been thinking, If you like him, Sungyeol in this case, I'm fine with it. We're all fine with it. Then the bet is void." Woohyun said.

"What?! Yah! Woohyun I already said to you, I don't like him." I replied him with a bit anger tone now. Didn't he hear it before.

"But you're action toward him looks sincere. If you do, it'll make benefits for both of us. I got his brother and you got him." he said with a smirk.

"Woohyun, don't talk about this again. You do know what my answer is. I DON'T LIKE HIM."

"Ok, ok. Chill." Woohyun said. "Oh look the game is going to start." Woohyun pointed to the tennis court and we saw Dongwoo getting ready.

 

_

Where's the store? I need to buy some drinks. I walked and walked around to search but it seems there's no store around. I think I should buy it from the store outside of the court. I need to show my effort that I care about him.

I walked and walked, the store is quite far than what I thought. Where's the store by the way? Did I forget where is it? or... The worst case, I'm lost now. No way, that I'm lost. I should ask people around.

I looked at a good looking man around 20s. He looked around Sunggyu hyung. I asked him where the store is? "excuse me, I forgot where the store around here. Do yiu happen to know where is it?"

He looked at me and then he stared at me from head to toe that gave me uncomfortable feeling. "pardon me?"

"I asked you, wether you know the location of store around here or not?" I repeated the question.

"Oh sure I know." I smiled happily. "want me to acconpany you there?" he offered.

I nodded. "Sure, sure. If you don't mind."

"follow me, it's that way." he pointed to a direction and I followed him.

 

The walked was not taking much time but the trip there was fun because he's so friendly and nice. He talked about was I doing all alone and where do I go to school. He gives me the vibe of friendliness that makes me feel comfortable.

"Oh right! It's here. How could I forget?" I said to him as we arrived to the store. "Thank you so much, I'll go buy sonething first. You wait here ok." I said and went inside to buy some drinks. As I paid I looked to the glass-window he still waited for me. I rushed outside as I finished and gave him one of the drink. "Here for you. Thanks for accompanying me to the store."

"oh, thanks. You don't have to do this actually. And you're welcome." He replied back.

"Ok then. I'll go now what time is t?" As I looked to my watch I was shock. "What?! I've been away for 30 minutes. Myungsoo must be freak out, I guess."

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I'm going to the tennis court. I think the match already started. I'll go first ok." I said and ran away. But then he shouted.

"Let me take you there I have a motorbike. I could give you a ride."

"you will?" I asked him.

"Sure. This way." he led me to his motorbike. I felt like I met my saviour.

 

_

Where is Sungyeol? It's already been 30 minutes since he left. I feel more uneasy now. I looked around as I searched Sungyeol's figure. But this tall and choding boy can't be found anywhere. I even start standing now. Woohyun looking at me now.

"What is it Myungsoo? Something wrong?" He asked. What the hell? Doesn't he realize that Sungyeol has been missing.

"I'm searching for Sungyeol, he's not coming back." I said to him.

"Oh! right! Where's Sungyeol?" this stupid person.

"I'm asking the same question. Where's Sungyeol?" I asked him in frustration. "I'll go out searching for him." I said and left him on his seat.

"Wow. Myungsoo surely been lying to himself. He cares about Sungyeol a lot." Woohyun said to himself.

 

I ran around the court to search for him. I searched at the near store and found out that there's no store around the tennis court. So, where the hell is he going now? Didn't I tell him to tell me where is he going? he did tell but he didn't tell me to go outside the tennis court. This stupid choding, where the hell are you? I ran and ran again until the entrance of the tennis court. I'm facing the street but I don't know where to go. But, then this familiar figure showed up near the entrance, with a guy from a motorbike. Is that Sungyeol? I took a step closer and it's him as he opened the helmet. Why was he with a guy? Was he cheating or something? I felt something boiling in my heart. I felt like going to explode soon.

"I'm sorry if I disturb you or anything. Thanks a lot for everything." Sungyeol said to the guy.

"No, problem. It's my pleasure to help a beautiful boy like you." Sungyeol just smiled and said thank you again.

"oh, I'm sorry I'm being rude, I haven't known your name. What's your name?" Sungyeol asked but then a hand pulled Sungyeol back.

"Get off from him! Don't you ever touch or getting near him!" I shouted to the guy. Sungyeol looked at me in surprise.

"Myungie, don't shout like that to him." He defended the guy.

"Sungyeol, you just shut up!" I said to him and immediately making him shut his mouth. Why am I being this protective to him?

"Whoa, man calm down. I'm just helping this boy." the guy said.

"Sungyeol, let's go inside." I said and ignored the guy. I dragged Sungyeol with a strong grip. He looked back to gave the man last thank you and sorry.

 

We went inside the court again but before I go back to my seat I stopped and talk to Sungyeol. "What the hell were you doing with that guy? No, where have you been? Answer that first." I asked him.

"Myung, I'm sorry... But--"

"just answer my question short and simple. Damnmit!" I shouted to him making him flinched.

"I.. Went outside to search.. the store since... there's no one inside..." he answered.

"then whose that guy?" I asked him.

"Myung... That guy was just.."

"just what?! Just flirting with you? damn Sungyeol I don't know you're such a b itch." I said that word as my heart boiling so hot but then my face getting hot as well. I felt my cheek getting reddened and pain could be felt on it. Sungyeol just slapped me. I was speechless.

"Myungsoo... I HATE YOU!" He said and left me with tears rolling down from his cheek. I was surprise, somehow my heart feels hurt seeing him cry. His slap makes me realize what I've been saying was overboard. I stood there for a while and think what should I do? But before I start thinking my body already react to catch him. I ran to him and catch him in my hug.

"Sungyeol, I didn't mean what I say. I was... Emotional. I just can't control it." I apologized to him. "Please forgive me. I 'm just worried and afraid if something happened to you." I hug him tigthly as he will gone from my life. He was still sobbing hard. But I succeded in comforting him.

"Myungie....." He finally called my name.

"hmm?"

"you know that I won't ever cheat on you. Please believe me." He said. "Sungyeol, I always believe in you. I'm sorry." I hug him tightly and everything seems fit perfetly the warmness, my hand around his waist, his scent. Everything just great. I released the hug and cupped his face. I looked into his watery eyes and soon I kissed him full on the lips. My lips and his match each other, the kiss was beautiful and great. Its different than the kiss we had before. Sungyeol parted as he needs air.

"Myungie..." he hug me and whispered, "I love you."

"I..I..." I couldn't said the same words back to him yet. I couldn't lie when it comes to love, so I just shut my mouth. But now, I know that I treasure him a lot. Just like a precious jewels. He's unique and different. I feel like I need to protect you all the time. I found that your choding side is your main attractive point. I can't stand looking at your cute faces.

"Sungyeol, let's go inside." he nodded, I brought him inside with him still hugging me.

 

_

"It's already decided for this year school will gonna make a school festival which is an annual event. For the theme of it, it's not yet been decided. But we already make the details for the event. The festival blablabla" yeah keep talking friend. I'm dying in boredom here. I need to go to Dongwoo's match.

"It's our President rights to decided which place, what time, theme, and etc. Right, Howon?" I just stares blankly feeling sleepy while my head thinking about Dongwoo's match. "Right. Howon??" the speaker raised his voice and I realized his waiting my answer.

"Ah! Right yes yes." I answered not knowing what we're talking about right now. I really should go right now. Like really really right now. I looked at my watch and eventhough I go there now I won't make it in time. But at least I came.

"Hoya? You alright?" asked my secretary. Her name is Bora.

"I'm fine, Bora. It's just a problem." I answered her.

"Dongwoo?" She asked again.

"H-How how do you know?" I asked her in surprised. Bira surely have known me very well since she's my secretary.

"I've known you very well Hoya. Dongwoo has a match today right?" she asked and I nodded. "and you want to go there to support him but you're stuck here?" I nodded again. "want me to help?"

I looked at her in excitement. "How?"

"Just follow me." Bora said. Then he touched my back and rubbed it. She raised her voice a bit louder so all of the people inside the room here her. "Hoya! You're ok? Maybe you have a terrible headache." I stared at her and she gave me a wink signalling me to play along. So, I start acting too.

"Ughh.. I guess I have a terrible headache. I can't take it anymore." I said while massaging my forehead. Everyone start turning their attention to me.

"Sir, I'll bring Howon to the hospital, he has a terrible headache." said Bora to the principal.

"yes Bora, bring him, now!" he said in panic. I brought him outside the room.

As we already outside the room, I stared at Bora. "Bora?! Damn you are a bad girl." I said to her.

"I'm not bad I just have a lot of ideas sometimes." She said proudly. I chuckled at her. "Now, go to Dongwoo before it's getting more late." She said. I nodded and said thank you to her than took a taxi to Dongwoo's match.

 

The trip to Dongwoo's match was rather long. It takes 20 minutes to the place. I looked to my watch and excellent Dongwoo's match gonna be over soon. I stopped around the court to buy a bouquet of flower for Dongwoo. He will win it for sure. Then I ran to the court only seeing people leaving the place. Great I totally miss it.

I went inside and found Dongwoo on the centre of the tennis court with the others. There's Woohyun, Myungsoo, and... Sungyeol. Oh right, I heard that Sungyeol will come. I ran to them and come to congratulate Dongwoo.

"Dongwoooooo!" I came to him.

"H-h-hoya?" He looked at me like he didn't expect me to come.

"How's this dino doing? you nail the match right? here I brought flowers for your winning." I said to him with a smile on my face. But then Dongwoo just stay silent and his face looks sad.

"Dongwoo what is it? Why you're unhappy?" everyone was silent.

"He lost the match Hoya." Woohyun answered my question. I was surprised. Dongwoo losing is something so rare to happen.

"Dongwoo, I'm sorry I didn't watch the match. But I came, right?" I said to him.

"Hoya, Dongwoo, we'll wait outside." Said Myungsoo and they left us. They knew that this will be a long conversation.

"Hoya, why? Why you didn't come? you said you'll come." Dongwoo said something finally.

"Dongwoo, you know that I'm busy. And for you I even lied to the principal and acting as a damn sick person." I defended my self.

"I don't care Hoya! I don't care! The reality is you didn't come to watch the match." he replied me raising his voice. "You always busy with your own business and you never care about me."

"Who says Dongwoo?! I always care, can't you see that I sacrifice myself to come to your match."

"Hoya, once again I said it to you. You didn't came. You just arrived to watch me losing." He said to me.

"Dongwoo... I--"

"Just stop this hella crap conversation. I'm tired of this. I'm going home." he said and walked outside. He bumped his shoulder to mine and I just stood up there and looking around stupidly trying to hold my tears.

"Dongwoo, you never know how much I love you. I always care about you. But I just can't say it to you that I love you. Why can't you start it first?" I said to myself. Soon my tears rolled down.