Trust

Sweet Candies

 

I opened my phone as I heard the device beeping disturbing our late breakfast, Myungsoo's breakfast. As I read, it's Sunggyu hyung telling me that he's home already and asked me to go there now. I locked my phone and looked at Myungsoo who enjoying his tea. Seems like he likes it, huh? I smiled happily.

So, Myungie, you're finished?” I asked him.

Yeah, why? Your hyung already in his apartment?” He asked back.

I nodded. “Yep and he asked us to go there now.” I answered him.

Oh ok then. But....... Where's Sungjong? Don't you invite him too?” He asked me.

Right! Where's Sungjong, let me call him for a minute ok.” I said and he nodded.

I pressed Sungjong's number on the buttons and dialled it. I waited for a while then I could hear the latter's voice.

 

Where are you Sungjong?” I asked him as he picked up.

Ah! Hyung, I'm still...... uh on my way? Yeah, on my way there..” He said. I sighed as I knew his lying. He probably do some shopping on his way.

Jong, can you please fasten your pace? Sunggyu hyung asked us to go to his house immediately.” I said to him on the line.

I get it, I get it. Please wait for a while. I won't be long!” He said promisingly. Then he talked again, “But, aren't you happy hyung? I'm not there and not disturbing your date. At least, you can have more time with Myungsoo, right?”

Yah! Sungjong!” Myungsoo was surprised and he looked at me as I raised my voice on the phone. I smiled apologetically to him and talked again. “Stop blabbering and come here! I give you 10 minutes maximum. Hurry! And Bye!” I hung up after I finished the call without hearing Sungjong's argument.

 

What is it Sungyeol? You seem angry to Sungjong?” He asked.

Yeah, it's the usual. Sungjong and his laziness to be on time. He always distracted with shops around him. And he always lies about it and making excuses.” I explained to him.

Well, that's quite a problem.” He responded.

We'll wait for Sungjong first then.” I said to him and he nodded.

 

After waiting for 5 minutes, Sungjong showed up his self with a few bags on his hand. He looked tired and trying to catch his breath.

Huh.... H-Hi... Sung-yeol.. huh... hyung. And huh... Hi Myung-soo... Hyung!” He said between his breath.

Slow down, Jong. Why don't you take a sit first.” I said to him and he sit beside me. “So, what's with all the bags?” I asked him.

Oh! Some of this are snacks for us and some are gifts for Sunggyu hyung.” He said while grinning. I mouthed an O while Myungsoo didn't respond with anything.

So, I think we should go now, let's go!” I said and as I stood up a hand holding mine. I looked at whose hand was that and it was Myungsoo's hand. He didn't look at me but his face was facing the opposite direction. I smiled with the fact that Myungsoo was being shy. Sungjong just rolled his eyes and walked away first. “Let's go, Myungie.”

I just want... uh... say thank you. For the breakfast.” He said not facing me.

It's fine Myungsoo.” I said to him. He stood up now and walked with me hand in hand outside the cafe.

 

_

I opened the door of my apartment after I received the key from the owner. Finally, out of the house. I looked at the furniture that already included inside the room, there's a brown couch, a wooden dining table with its 4 chairs, and a nice kitchen. I walked over to the bedroom, the main bedroom. The main bedroom was nice. The vibrant was good. Simple but looking good. The other bedroom was smaller but still nice. There are 2 bathrooms, one inside the main bedroom and one is outside.

I waited for the boys to come and sit on the couch turning on the tv. I changed the channel and found a music show being played. I sang some of the songs immediately. I looked at my phone as its beeped. It's a message, I opened it.

 

Dear: Dr. Kim.

From: Soyou

Dr. I just wanted to tell you that

Woohyun came to the hospital for you.

But I told him you're not working today

and so he went out of the hospital.

 

What? Woohyun came to the hospital? I wonder what's Woohyun purpose coming to the hospital. There's nothing happen, right? My anxious got over me, so I decided to call Woohyun. I dialled his number and waited for the boy to pick his phone.

Hello?” He said as he picked up his phone.

Woohyun. You're ok?” I asked immediately as he picked up.

Huh? I'm fine hyung. Why?” I breathed in relieve, thought something happen to him.

No, I just heard you came to the hospital to find me, but sorry I didn't go to work today.” I said to him.

Yeah, I heard it from nurse Soyou that you have to moved in to an apartment.”

Yes, and uh... Where are you now? Why don't you visit my new apartment? I'll pick you up.” I offered him. It's good right, if he could be friend with Sungyeol.

Uh... you don't have to, hyung. I'm afraid I might just be a burden there.” He rejected the offer.

No, you won't woohyun. There are Sungyeol's friend whose gonna help me here by the way. You might know some of them. What do you think?” I asked him again.

Ah... You're brother's friends?” then he let out a small nervous laugh. “Hmm... sorry hyung, but I think I'll pass on this. Maybe later, I'll visit your apartment. Just text me the adress and I'll visit you sometimes.” He said.

Well... if you say so. And Woohyun, don't go around by your own ok, just stay at home. And if you need anything just call me ok.”

Sure hyung.” He answered. “Bye hyung!”

Bye Woohyun.” I said and he hung up the phone.


After I hung up the phone, The door's bell rang. Oh it must be them. I walked to the front door and opened it. I found three boys in front of my apartment. Sungyeol, then Sungyeol's friend Sungjong, and another one is... I haven't seen him before. He looks cold and unfriendly.

Hi, Yeol!” I said as I hug him. I saw an irritate expression from the cold one, but I just shrugged it. I moved to Sungjong and greeted him. “Hi Sungjong, how are you?”

I'm fine hyung, here I brought some gifts for you and snacks for us.” He said raising his hands which was full of bags.

Thanks a lot Sungjong. I'll apreciate that.” Then I moved to another boy, “And you are?” I asked.

Myungsoo, Kim Myungsoo.” He said flatly. I looked to Sungyeol and he looked confused just like me.

Ugh... I think its better to talk inside, hyung. Won't you let us in?” Sungyeol said.

Oh sure, sure. Please do come in.” I let them come in. “I'm sorry that there's not much stuffs inside only this brown couch to sit. Please take a sit. I'll take the wooden chair.” I said they just nodded and obeyed.

So, what's your name? Myungchu?” I asked him. Sunjong and Sungyeol laughed in unison. “Was I wrong? Sorry...” The cold boy was pissed.

It's Myungsoo, hyung. He uh... hmm.. he...” I don't know what Sungyeol gonna say as he was stuttered.

He what?” I asked him.

I'm his boyfriend.” Myungsoo said proudly as he circled his hand on my brother's waist. Well that was unexpected.

Sungyeol, this boy telling me that he's your boyfriend?! Whoa! I never expect you'd get a boyfriend in high school.” I said honestly to him. Cause all I know Sungyeol always studies with no fun at all.

Yah hyung! What do you mean by that?” Sungyeol protested but I just laughed.

I think we'll pass this topic later after we finished with the work. You guys fine with it?” I asked them.

Yeah hyung, it's ok.” Sungjong answered while Myungsoo just stay calm didn't say anything.

You got an uncommunicative boyfriend here, Sungyeol.” But Myungsoo just snorted and Sungyeol hit him. “Let's just workt then. Fighting!” I stood up and tried to organize what to do first.

 

Myungsoo, stop being like this. You said you'll try to be friend with my hyung.” Sungyeol whispered to Myungsoo.

I said, I'll try, it didn't mean I'll get on very well at the first meeting.” He said. Sungyeol just hoping that Myungsoo would really try.

Ok! Let's go to work guys! Sungyeol, You'll be putting all these stuffs in its place. Sungjong, clean all the rooms. Hmm Myungsoo helps me bring up the boxes from my car.” I said to everyone.

Ok hyung!” Said Sungyeol and Sungjong in unison. Myungsoo stayed silent as always.

Chop chop chop!” I said then everyone start to work.

 

_

What's with this big brother of Sungyeol? He keeps checking me out. Am I a criminal or something? We walked to the lift to the parking to lot. It was awkward inside the elevator. But he broke the silent and asked me stuffs.

So, You and Sungyeol really dating?” What's with the question? Is he doubting his own brother?

Yeah, why?” I asked him back.

No, I just can't believe it he has a boyfriend like you.” Like me? What does he mean?

What do you mean?” I asked him.

Sungyeol is a very quiet person at school, but he changes it when he's outside the school into a choding one, once you know him.” He explained to me.

I know, I already found out about that.” I said to him. The elevator than beeped as we arrived at the basement. We walked to his car and he continued the conversation.

You did? Then I think you're the best for him. At least, the guy that stay beside him, could treat him like he's the precious boy ever. I'm counting on you, Myungsoo. Can I trust you?” He asked me, giving me the responsible to take care of Sungyeol. ! This getting complicated for me.

That's a huge responsible. But... Uh... I'll try my best.” I said to him. He pressed a button on his car key as he found his car.

I know you'll do just fine.” he encouraged me, soon he was busy choosing the boxes that he should brought upstairs.

What did I get into, now? His brother now told me to take care of that choding, while I have to break his heart next week. Why this bet should be exist in the first place? I couldn't think very clear now, I might just follow the flow.