Pressure

Sweet Candies

 

The chirped of the birds waking me up from my deep sleep. I opened my eyes slowly and I could see a ray of sunlight already shined my room. I positioned myself into sitting position and gather my spirit then suddenly someone came to my room.

“Sungyeol? Oh you already wake up, Good then!” My mom came inside my room.

“Morning mom~” I said still sleepy.

“Morning son. So, I already make you breakfast downstairs. Before you go to school don't forget to eat ok. I have to go to office earlier again today.” She said to me.

“I will mom.” I said to her, then she smiled and left my room but the she came agian.

“Oh, and Sungyeol, when will your school exams begin?” She asked.

“Next week mom.” I said to her.

“It's Friday already, then I'm hoping to hear a lot of 100 for your exams score, son.” She said and closed my door. Ughh... it's still morning and yet she already gave me pressure for my exam week. I hate life.

I woke up took my towel and went to the bathroom. Thank god, that Sunggyu hyung not showering at my room. Oh, and by the way where was he last night, he went home really late I guess. Well, at least I could enjoy my morning shower.

I went out with my towel on wrapping me. I took out my uniform from my wardrobe and wore it. Another day, another school. I sighed.

 

“Yeollie! Let's have breakfast together!” Sunggyu hyung shouted from downstairs.

“Ok hyung!” I shouted back from upstairs. I ran down with my school's bag in my right hand and my phone in my left hand. I put all my belongings on the couch and sat on the dining table. “What is it hyung? You never ask me to have a breakfast together.” I said to him.

“Can't I ask you? I'm just feeling good today.” He said while munching his sandwich.

“Something happened yesterday?” I asked him.

“Yeah, I got a new patient. He's at your age.” He said.

“Whooo hyung, don't be a pedo!” I said to him.

“Pedo? e?” He's surprised and stopped eating. He shot a death glare at me, “Yah! Did I say that I love him or someting?”

“No, you didn't.” I answered him.

Then he continued. “So, this patient of mine is 17 but he likes to eat candies a lot and even I need to treat him like kids. He just cute doesn't look like 17 at all.”

“Do I look like 17?” Suddenly I got to urge to ask him.

“What? Oh wait... you don't.” He answered.

“Then what age do I look like?” I smiled cutely to him using my puppy face.

“50!!!” Sunggyu shouted to me. My smiled turned into a pout.

“Ugh! I hate you hyung!” Sunggyu hyung laughing hard, so then I took my sandwich with me and walked out the door.

“I love you! Be careful Yeollie!” I could hear him outside the door still laughing. How come that he manages to be genius with his personality like that.

 

I start walking to school and trying to feel the morning breeze. I visited a bakery shop that I sometimes go to before going to school. I entered the shop and bought 2 breads for my lunch and the other one just for snack. Just in case, I feel so hungry, suddenly. The ahjumma there already recognise me and she's happy to see me.

“Be careful on your way to school, Sungyeol!” The ahjumma said to me.

“I will Ahjumma, thank you.” I said smiling happily to her.

I walked out from the bakery shop to continue my walk to school with a wide smile in my face, but then I bumped into a figure. I bumped into a quite well-built chest. It should be a guy then. I looked at the guy and it was Kim Myung Soo. My shyness took over myself.

“Oh... Good Morning, Myungsoo-ssi.” I said to him while lowering my head.

“Excuse me?” He asked, seems like he didn't hear me clearly or maybe he didn't recognize me?

“I said, good morning, Myungsoo-ssi.” I talked a bit louder now.

“Morning.” He said. “who are you?” He asked coldly. I felt like something stabbed me. Kim Myungsoo is surely unbeliavable.

“I am Lee Sungyeol you're classmates.” He looked like not really care about me.

“classmates? I haven't seen you before.” He talked again, without thinking about my feeling. Great, he just making it obvious that I'm invicible in my own class.

“........ then I should get going now.” I walked and passed him by. Then he stopped me by grabbed my upper hand. “W-w-wae Myungsoo-ssi?” I asked him a bit surprised at his sudden act.

“Can you wait for a while?” He asked me. I just nodded. Then he came inside the shop to buy a bread and came out. Then he passed me and walked by his own. I was shock! He asked me to wait for him and then he walked away like that. But then after he walked a bit far he looked to his back. “Yah! Songyul! You're not going?” He yelled at me. Then I snapped back to reality and ran to him.

“Uh.. it's Sungyeol, Myungsoo-ssi.”I corrected him.

“Whatever.” He said. Then we walked to school together. uh... correction I walked behind him for most of the time. No conversation, no talk. I feel like a stupid stalker walking behind him.

When we near the school gate, he looked behind him and talked to me. “So, it's nice morning walked with you.” Then he went inside the building. I was like, What the? Did he say nice walk? We weren't talking or anything. Is he out of his mind? Kim Myungsoo surely an Ice Prince that his brain even freezing. So, I just shrugged off and walked to my class. I sighed, today gonna be the last class and next week is the exam week.

 

 

“Hey guys, the exam week is coming. How's your brain doing?” Woohyun asked as he to another lollipop. I just stayed silent and looked around. I remembered that Woohyun talking about this bet, but I forgot who the guy is.

“Mine doing fine, not gonna let it rest or I'll get the worse date experience ever.” Dongwoo said.

“Well, messed up with all School President's stuffs.” Hoya said while eating his food stressly.

“Looks like we know who's gonna lose this game.” Woohyun smirked to Hoya. Hoya just shot him a death glare. “Hey, Myungsoo, don't stay silent all the time.” Woohyun said to him.

“I'm listening.” I said to them. I need to remind myself about the guy that we're betting on. “Woohyun, Who's the guy?”

“You mean the subject of our bet?” I nodded. “It's Sungyeol.” Then a familiar figure passed us by. “Oh that one! That's the guy, Myungsoo. The tall one.” Woohyun pointed to a tall guy with a pretty boy beside him. That's the guy? He's the one who walked with me in the morning right? I smirked.

“Yah, What is it Myungsoo? What's with the face?” Woohyun asked.

“Nothing.” I said firmly to him.

I memorized the time I met Sungyeol at the bakery. I could tell he was so different than who he's right now. I saw him talking comfortably with the ahjumma inside the shop even smiling widely. But when I bumped to him deliberately he changed into a shy boy. What an interesting boy.

 

“Hyung, I'd like to tell you something.” Sungjong whispered to me.

“What is it Sungjong? Why are you whispering?” Sungyeol asked.

“After I said it don't look to the guy directly.” I nodded. “Do you have a problem with Myungsoo? Because I don't and I could see him staring at us all the time.” I was surprised.

“Really? Uh..... I don't have any problem with him.” I said to Songjung.

“Then why is he staring at our direction? You better be careful hyung. I hope you're not getting yourself into a mess.” Sungjong reminded me.

“I.. hope so... Sungjong.” I said nervously.

 

 

THE EXAMS WEEK

I sat on my chair flipping over the book pages. I'm trying to revise everything that I've learnt last night. My mind filled with my parents words, 'You should get a perfect scores!', 'I hope to hear a lot of 100 for your exam scores.', I sighed. Then, Sonjung came up to me and asked me to teach some parts that he didn't understand. I taught him and he learnt pretty quick. I took a rest from reading the book and looked around. I was actually looking for Kim Myungsoo. He was nowhere to be found. Not even in his sit. Where was he? It's not like I'm worried. I just admire him. Maybe he will show up when the bell rang.

The teacher came inside then followed by Kim Myungsoo who walking so calm with no pressure. The teacher just rolled her eyes, knowing that it would be useless to scold him.

I steal a glance at Myungsoo as he looked so relax. He looked so confident that I could see no pressure in his eyes.

 

The exam week is over. I feel so great that I already put a lot of effort to every tests. I hoped, I got an excellent score.

“Hyung let's celebrate! Exam is over! Let's play!” Sungjong said excitedly.

“Let's go Sungjong... But I want to go to the toilet first.” I said to him and he nodded.

I walked to the toilet and went inside the cubicles. I did my business and was about to come out when I heard a conversation from Woohyun and his friends, excluded Myungsoo I think.

“Yah Woohyun, are you serious going to continue this bet?” Hoya asked Woohyun suddenly.

“Of course! Why? Are you afraid you'll be the one who lose?” Woohyun teased Hoya.

“It's not like that, It just that, I just pity him.” I heard my name being mentioned by Hoya. I started eavesdropping. “Why must be him?”

“Ey, Hoya, what's up with you? Come one it won't hurt anyone.” Dongwoo trying to convince Hoya.

“But, do you think dating him for a month then dumped him, won't hurt him at all?” Hoya said. I covered my mouth and surprised at what Hoya stated. Are they betting on me?

“Hoya, you think too much. He'll be fine.” Woohyun said.

“But...” Hoya trying to say something but Dongwoo cut him.

“No buts, let's just go and have some fun today as our exam is over! Let's go, let's go!” Then the three of them went out from the toilet.

I came out from the cubicles and faced my self in the mirror. What were they talking about? Are they trying to play around with some boys? They seriously are some bad-asses. I should just forget about them. I went out from the toilet and meet up with Sungjong and walked down the road to have a lil celebration.