k.jiwon -- not us

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

There is this occasional tragedy that randomly (or not so randomly) decides to land over people’s lives like it is no big issue. The only problem out of this is the fact it ends up unfolding a huge box with unpleasing, listed matters. It was maybe the one thing people looked forward to avoid, having more stress piling up over their own lives when they seemed to be at their limit already.

 

‘’Well, the thing is...the test is positive’’ a female stated, having her best friend glaring at the test as if it was the worst bomb that could have been dropped into her life. ‘’It’s positive? How is it positive?’’ she whispered, looking up at the blond female sitting in front of her ‘’Do I have to explain you how babies are made?’’ she groaned and threw herself on the bed, having her best friend scoffing at her. Points for her sassiness.

 

The female got up from the chair she was sitting in while her best friend only laid on her bed. She bit her lip nervously, apparently, things had gotten worst than she could ever tell. ‘’Are you sure it is his?’’ she asked, looking down at the female who looked more than exhausted from  all the questions she was forced to answer - it drove her to tears. ‘’Yes, I’m sure. I told you over a hundred times I’m sure I’m pregnant and it is his baby.’’ she lost her cool. Maybe it was because her friend wasn’t helping at all. She was more worried about telling the guy about this than actually caring for her best friend’s questions.

 

‘’You have to tell him…’’ she mumbled quietly as she felt guilty for the situation. After this, she could only recall hearing her best friend cry to sleep.

 

That night, she didn’t get enough sleep as she was worried. Why was she worried? Maybe because she hasn’t been fair. She has been unfaithful towards her best friend who was now pregnant. They say feelings can’t be controlled and she didn’t seem to be able to get a hold of her own - she thought that the day something like this happened to her, she wouldn’t give in to whoever that person was but that was until she met this crazily charming guy.

 

It seemed even more crazy how quickly they got from strangers to best friends. Before she could snap her finger, he had already gotten his spot into her schedule but the good thing about it was that whenever she was down, things would simply go away as he was that type of person who managed to get everyone around him, happy.

 

By what she could tell, things had started getting a bit too out of hand. It all started with gentle touches and even little playful jokes, drowning them into a heavy sin of perhaps liking each other too much. Things were going quite well at first, until she met this girl best friend. She met her through college. They struggled together and surprisingly, they had majored in the same department. They found jobs close to each other and basically, they lived together. And maybe that’s what got her feeling more guilty over.

 

‘’We need to talk.’’ she whispered out loud the text she just wrote down on her phone, knowing that as soon as the male woke up, he’d be coming to her. Only recently, she found out her female best friend and her male best friend had started dating - according to her, it was a recent thing, both clicked right away; she couldn’t understand how her best friend was the one getting to be with him though as she felt they clicked right away as well.

 

Getting to know they were a couple made her lose sleep sometimes, it was almost like she was betraying herself. She could always pull out the card she did start liking him first but even if that was the case, Jiwon liked her best friend first, at least. So she would still lose the argument. And it seemed wrong on top of everything. To make things worst, the lack of caution between Jiwon and her best friend just got her another reason to give up on him. Even if he dragged her into his speech every time, claiming they were just friends and it was okay to be that close - when she knew it wasn’t.

 

She leaned her head back, hitting the wall; she wasn’t going to sleep, that was for sure. Her eyes searched for a clock, just to remind herself that the only division of the house that had a clock was the kitchen. She looked over at her phone and sighed heavily. It was five in the morning. Jiwon wouldn’t be up that soon. Knowing him, he wouldn’t be up until ten or so since he was on vacation. He’d rather stay for a late night date than actually going out first thing on the morning, or at least, his laziness kicked in way too frequently.

 

Since those thoughts wouldn’t let her sleep, she had decided that she’d do her thing. She wrote a note to her best friend, sticking it on her forehead as she had fallen asleep while crying. It only said she had something to take care of and she’d be back as soon as she managed to get it done. It also said she was only a call away, she didn’t have to hesitate to call her and besides, Jiwon’s house was just around the corner.

 

If the street could run out of oxygen over her breathing, nobody would stand alive in that block. She just had no idea of how many times she breathed in and out before ringing Jiwon’s house bell until he woke up. Groaning, he came to the door. He was sleeping, like she predicted he would be however, when his eyes landed on her, he smiled. ‘’Hey babe.’’ this salute didn’t seem pleasing enough for her anymore. Her face gave it away.

 

‘’What’s wrong?’’ he frowned as she walked past his door, not wanting to create any fuss in the middle of the street ‘’Well..sure, come in.’’ he sarcastically said as he closed the door, finding her actions very strange. She wasn’t usually like this - was she back with the doubts she had when he first told her things were okay the way they were? He sighed and walked up to her.

 

‘’We have to stop doing this.’’ she told him, turning around to meet him - he could read off the panic and all those inner feelings she wanted to hide; she was just an open book to him, blame him for being her best friend. He looked at her, confused with her words. ‘’If it is about her, I told you, I’ll break up w-’’

 

‘’She’s pregnant.’’ she cut him off, glaring at him. The words sounded quite sour. Not only for her but for him who suddenly lost all the sleepiness he felt. It was just like a bomb was dropped into his life and in reality, it was a bomb since a kid to look after was just something he wasn’t expecting. For the sake of the kid, things had to change. His eyes looked at her as he quietly tried to scan her features, wondering if she was telling him the truth or driving him to a no way out road.

 

It took him some good five minutes to realize she wasn’t going to use such a low scheme on him. She was genuinely worried over the situation and he could tell. The fact she was there at such hour gave away the amount of hours she gave up on sleeping. She was there because she couldn’t sleep over the war that has been going on inside her head. It was all because of him who came into her life claiming a special spot to himself, having it just so easily to ruin her life just as easily. It wasn’t fair.

 

‘’You said it yourself, this had to come to an end but it came out differently than you expected. Now you should really accept the consequences of it. And even though I do love you a lot, I’ll haunt you down if you hurt her.’’ she warned him, lifting her hand so she could point her index finger at him as if she was scolding him - and she was. ‘’I’m serious about this. If you dare to hurt her or the baby that’s coming, I’ll come after you.’’ she finished, walking past him as she bumped her shoulder against him on propose. She was hurt with all of this. But he wasn’t able to do as he promised.

 

Getting over him wouldn’t be something easy for her to do but having her best friend left alone during the hard time she was going through would be worst. And she’d rather let go of him than of her. ‘’And if I wasn’t clear enough, get your together and make things right to her.’’ she texted him as she arrived home, stopping by her best friend’s room to see her asleep. She removed the sticky note from her forehead and made sure she was comfortable before she headed to her own room.

 

Now it was time for her to try getting some sleep. She knew she had a long morning ahead of her, her best friend would be nagging and if Jiwon decided to show up, she would be dying inside. But that’s just life.