k.hanbin -- just a new beggining pt. 1

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

Genres: angst
Pairing: hanbin x taeeun (reader)
Request: yes [scenario]
Via: wattpad
Small resume of the request: Things weren't going well between Hanbin and Taeeun. He couldn't excuse it with work anymore and they decide to break up
Inspired by: Same Old Love - Selena Gomez
Lenght: 2130 words

• ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° •

''Are you going home today?'' Junhwe's voice asked as the group was already ready to leave the practice room. The leader bit down his bottom lip, wanting to ignore the question he knew that couldn't be avoided. He sighed and shrugged his shoulders slightly ''I guess I will be visiting Taeeun.'' he spat, wanting to get the younger boy off his back. Little did he know Junhwe knew he wasn't - he was able to read through his lies the truth he wanted to hide. Hanbin was tired, work played a huge roll on his life if not the main and by the looks of it, he had no time to waste on relationships of any kind. That was what he had in mind. 

Junhwe smirked, shaking his head slightly ''Just how long are you going to keep lying to her and to yourself, Hanbin?'' he asked, making the male take a look at him as if he actually knew everything that has been going on inside Hanbin's head. He raised an eyebrow and shook his head slowly. ''Keep your nose where you can protect it, Junhwe.'' he warned, walking out right after, forgetting that he wanted to stay back and take a look at all the work he still had do to. He couldn't simply stay there when he knew Junhwe was staying behind too, perhaps even torturing him with things he shouldn't even know about.

Sighing, he found himself pushing his earphones up to his ears and walking towards the place he always went when he needed to think. The music suddenly stopped as he walked towards the river he usually watched running as his mind thought about his life. He knew someone was calling him but as soon as his eyes landed on the monitor he noticed it was the person he wanted to see the least; Taeeun. It was not her fault that she felt worried about him who had stopped talking to her, not giving out any kind of news not even the notice he was still alive, under the pilles of work he had falling over him every two seconds. 

Taeeun realized how they had drifted apart the past month, how his calls had came to a tragic reduction, resembling how much he wanted to talk to her, how much he actually missed her. Her calls were either ignored or, when he picked up (out of the rare times he did) she'd be the one letting out her concerns, asking him if he was okay, saying how much she missed him, trying to understand if he needed anything. This call was no exception. He didn't pick up, his eyes stared at the screen, lighting up and going black over the breaks of the ring tone while her ear rest against her screen, almost praying for him to pick up. Love was that unfair.

The female ended up giving up. She sighed and hung up, knowing there was no use to wait any longer for him to pick up since he wasn't going to pick up the call any time soon. Convienced their relationship was hanging by a rope, she decided to cut it. There was no need for further formalities, he wasn't trying therefore, she didn't need to try either. Yes, it did hurt her more than she could imagine it would but being with someone that didn't value her wasn't exactly what she wanted for herself, it was just not one of her goals. Even if she loved him. She wasn't dumb to the point of keeping up with something like that - that later could turn into hell.

Looking around, she found the couch, almost screaming her name. She dropped the phone on the floor, not really caring to pick it up since she was in no mood to talk to anyone. Taeeun threw herself on the couch, her arms wrapped around a pillow quite tightly as if this was enough to ease her pain, as if it made her forget her problems for a second, she had no idea this could feel so good. In all honesty, she wasn't going to cry. The female had prepared herself for worst (even if it was nearly impossible to be prepared to the worst) it made her feel less heavy. It didn't feel as bad and she was grateful for that. 

Sometimes being alone in a quiet place was the best choice. That was exactly what Taeeun was thinking right until the bell rang. ''Taeeun'' her name was called, forcing the female to look at the door even if there was nobody since the door was closed. She somehow knew that voice. ''Taeeun, come open the door please.'' the voice asked, making the female raise her eyebrow, wondering if she was hearing things or if there was indeed someone outside. She groaned since the only way to confirm was actually going to the door. 

Her eyes were able to picture the guy standing in front of her, recognizing him as one of Hanbin's bandmates, the one that had been there for her when Hanbin wasn't. Taeeun was surprised to notice he was quicker than she could ever be, as if he knew exactly what was going on and what he shoud do; his arms wrapped around her into a comforting hug, something she missed from Hanbin the most. However, Junhwe's hugs seemed way better, comfort-wise and honesty-wise. It was like he had feelings for her that woke up something she wasn't honestly understanding what it was - it could almost be compared to how she felt when Hanbin was beside her (or better, when he had been), singing to her in his cracky deep tone that always brought a soft smile to her lips or when he decided to simply cuddle her just because - everyone needed those 'just because' cuddles. Just because, no other explanations neeeded.

''What are you doing here?'' she whispered softly, managing to move her head to look up at him whose eyes were already on her. She could almost swear that the background noise was either her heartbeat or his; either way, it was racing. She had no idea of how this would get her involved into something she didn't want but the fact she had his eyes looking almost deeply into her soul made her feel weak - maybe this was the consequence of missing her boyfriend (should she even mention him as boyfriend?) too much. Most of the feelings were probably fading and she didn't feel guilty for it - the feelings simply weren't there; this made her wonder if he was the one who did wrong or if she was the one at fault. 

Junhwe didn't give her an exact answer as he himself wondered what he was actually doing there. The male shook his head, wanting to come up with any kind of idea in order to come out of the situation he was into. Over all the confusion Taeeun could be feeling, it was awkward. Very awkward. With this in mind, Junhwe let go of her ''Just came to make sure you were okay.'' he quickly made up for his actions, making the female look at him still confused with what he said since they weren't exactly close.

The female was left behind since Junhwe ran away after a few more seconds. She couldn't be more confused but at least, for those few seconds he held her, she felt alright. She didn't feel that much pain as she felt like someone cared for her like she deserved. That was something Taeeun didn't feel for a while. However, it only took a few more minutes until her brain hit her hard with some harsh critics. If she was acting this way, then probably she needed to feel guilty or at least bad for Hanbin; but she didn't. 

"We really need to talk" the female whispered to herself even if she had decided to end their relationship without telling him, she knew that in order to be fair, she could only talk it out to him. In the end, both seemed to want to let go of each other. 

 

Hanbin was still thinking of what to do; he had already concluded that by the way the things were going, she was only disturbing him, keeping him from walking a step closer to one of his goals and making him lose his concentration over all the times she called him and insisted to talk to him - he ran away from the problem more than half of the times just so he wouldn't face a furious Taeeun that didn't exactly appeal his eyes. She was way too scary.

''So, what are you going to do about Taeeun?'' Junhwe seemed far too interested about this situation and that lead Hanbin to come up with a theory; he had to be either seeing her or simply wanting to annoy him - Junhwe wasn't that mean to the point of touching Hanbin's wound if there was no case to therefore, the first option was probably the right one. With this in mind, Hanbin turned to his friend and raised an eyebrow ''Why are you so interested in this? Do you have anything you want to say to me?'' he asked, crossing his arms over his chest just to let Junhwe know how his actions were suspicious. The younger felt nervous over the sudden way Hanbin was turning tables. Junhwe shook his head firmly but before he could say anything else, the male walked out of the practice room, banging the door harshly. Junhwe sighed, mumbling out a word that would be censured if Jinhwan was around; he'd be forced to leave behind a dollar on their bottle if Jinhwan heard him curse.

 

Taeeun groaned loudly as she came to open the door; after yesterday's events, she wasn't actually thinking straight as she didn't get to sleep - her head hurt, not even medicine was enough to cure her. If only her head was the only thing that was hurting though, things would be easier and the medicine could cure her pain. Her eyes widened when she came to the door and noticed yet again, another male by her door but this time, the sight was more than surprising. Hanbin was standing in front of her. He wasn't happy. He wasn't sad. He didn't look alright, much less happy to see her. Taeeun sighed and opened the door some more, asking him if he wanted to come in but he shook his head, saying that the things they had to solve didn't need long. He came there with a propose and she was almost sure of what it was.

''Let's break up.'' were his words that she didn't fight. Taeeun knew there was no other way out, it had to be done since none of them seemed to take interest in the relationship. Hanbin wasn't surprised but something kept playing in his mind. The male scoffed ''So you've been meeting him behind my back.'' he nodded his head as he noticed she didn't even look at his face; this was driving him frustrated and over all the frustration he felt because of his work, this only came to get him feeling worst. ''I can't believe you.'' he whispered quietly, scoffing again at the thought of having someone he once loved cheating him behind his back. She did nothing though.

Somehow, Hanbin wanted to hear Taeeun tell him not to go, to fight for them or even to ask him to rethink about his decidion but she didn't and that only supported his theory. ''How long has it been going on?'' he whispered, glaring at the female who crossed her arms over her chest. ''Let's not start this'' she sighed as she tried her best not to get mad at him - the situation was already bad as it was and the last thing she needed was another drama coming into her life after this huge drama he played in his brain; she did nothing (or at least nothing made her feel guilty) even if she had been tempted to, she did nothing.

''I should have known.'' he whispered and shook his head, turning his back on her just to head towards the elevator ''Where are you going?'' she asked, worried at the thought of what he could do in that state ''Junhwe's going to learn a lesson.'' he commented through a whisper that got Taeeun panicking; now she had enough reasons to be worried especially since she knew Hanbin wasn't thinking straight, he was probably mad at the fact they had broken up even if there were no more feelings attatched to any of them. In the end, it was Hanbin.

 

A.N.: I'm sorry that this one is so short but I've had problems writing this part; I hope you enjoyed it to be honest and feel free to leave your feedback. Thanks for requesting and stay tunned for part two.