k.hanbin -- at least I had you

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

Genres: angst, drama
Pairing: hanbin x dahee (reader)
Request: yes [scenario]
Via: tumblr
Small resume of the request: dahee has a hard decision to take; everything is in her hands. 
Inspired by: bts - blood, sweat and tears 
Lenght: 1786 words
• ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° •

Dahee held tightly onto a few papers that had been previously handed to her by a man that was dressed as a doctor, almost as if they were back to those child-like plays where everything is possible and everything is nice. She stared at those papers, wanting to give up on reading any new word as no good news were written right there. Her eyes watered at the thought of everything going on in that moment. She had to make a decision and be strong by sticking to it until the very end.

Her eyes finally ripped away from the paper; the female looked up at the doctor that stood in front of her. She showed off a slight smile, almost as if thanking him for this information that didn't do any good to her ''I will let you know my decision tomorrow.'' she carefully selected her words, watching the male nod - there wasn't much time to spend in this situation and she knew it; the doctor on the other hand, found her relaxed way of speaking and taking decisions quite impressive.

That day, the female went home to bury her worries away; she did make a decision back at the hospital but she wanted to go home and rest, take her time to take in the decision and accept it.

Not long after, her boyfriend arrived to. Her head turned to see him; she forced a huge smile on her lips as she saw him; this could be the last time she saw him. His smile grew almost automatically as she smiled at him; Dahee walked up to him and hugged him tightly ''Welcome back.'' she chuckled out, hiding away her sadness. The male still didn't undestand that something was going on - he was busy enjoying this moment of affection she provided him.

''How was work?'' she asked, feeling the male pull away to look at her who kept her smile over her lips. His hand caressed the side of her face, managing to let his fingers get lost in her hair as his thumb landed over her cheek, caressing it gently. ''It was fine, I just missed you quite a lot.'' he told her, sighing quietly as he noticed that it has been a while since they even sat down to have a conversation or simply enjoy each other's company.

Dahee looked up, surprised with his answer. A truthful smile grew over her lips, making Hanbin smile more. ''I missed you too, lots.'' she whispered to him, hugging his torso as she tiptoed just slightly, wanting to share a kiss with him. Chuckling, he leaned down and joined their lips, kissing her lips gently.

The female made sure Hanbin knew just how much she actually loved him; they ended their day cuddling in bed. Both fell asleep in each other's arms but Daehee's sleep didn't last for long. The smile she pulled off earlier had a price and she was paying for it in that moment. She sat up on the bed, looking at Hanbin as her tears fell from her eyes; she wasn't even sure if she could stop them. They looked too hard to stop; it was her brain who was controlling her tears and she couldn't simply order it to stop.

Her hand gently caressed his hair - this was just the reason why she loved the fact he was a heavy sleeper but that night, Hanbin wasn't exactly asleep. He was half asleep, for some reason he didn't manage to sleep. Hearing his girlfriend sob quietly woke him from his half asleep state. He slowly sat up, frowning at the way she was crying. ''What's going on?'' he whispered to her, pulling her to his chest just in case she needed some support or anything like that.

Dahee looked down, not even moving her arms to hug him back. She was unable to keep herself from crying two rivers ''I just love you so much, Hanbin.'' she whispered to him, sniffing just to lean her head on his chest. Only now, he noticed something was wrong with her ''I love you just as much.'' he told her back, just in case before he started kissing the top of her head gently, here and there. This only made her cry harder.

This was just not her original plan. She was hoping he'd be asleep so she could leave in the morning without having to answer any of his questions. But that wasn't the case. Hanbin woke up and comforted her, just to make it worst. ''Wanna tell me what's wrong?'' he asked her, still delivering kisses around her head, making sure she knew that he'd give her all the love she needed until she got through whatever was going on.

She shook her head slowly, holding onto his shirt tightly like she never had before. ''Can we just enjoy this night, Hanbin?'' she asked, pulling away from him as she didn't mind showing him how her face looked after she cried so hard. He frowned at her answer but at the same time, he knew he wasn't getting anything from her lips unless he complied to her wishes.

''Alright then, let's make the most out of tonight.'' never did those words feel so heavy to Daehee who smiled although she wanted to cry. She pulled him towards her, kissing his lips, gently at first. At some point, she just wanted to forget about the things that were about to take place the day after, on the hospital and that somehow forced her to kiss him harder, making sure to recieve the same treatment.


Hanbin wasn't able to fall asleep that night. Dahee slept in his arms but the worry of what was going on in her life that was making her cry so hard, kept him away. He was afraid something happend and that that something wouldn't be simple to solve. Just then, his phone rang; he stared at it, sighing just to notice it was his best friend who was calling him.

He picked it up, almost regretting it. His eyes landed on his girfriend who still didn't let go of him; she slept peacefully in his arms, her fragille and exposed body was relaxed against his own, for the last time according to the news he just recieved. His friend claimed to be his girlfriend's friend, her sister's boyfriend and in that moment, he just needed someone to lean on - he knew Hanbin would be there for him.

''My girlfriend is currently on the hospital. She's not making any recovery and the doctor said that she may die soon if things go on. I visited her a while ago and she's smiling so brightly that I just want to cry at the thought of it.'' he chuckled over the phone, breaking down into tears. Hanbin now undersood what was going on. Dahee's sister was on the hospital, fighting for her life, that was the reason why she was crying.

The male on the other line seemed a bit uneasy thought. Hanbin noticed that, maybe because he wanted to notice - he was blind enough not to see his girlfriend was going through a hard time. ''You didn't call just to say this, did you?'' he whispered, afraid of the answer. The male on the other line sighed, sniffing before he cleared his throat to speak in a tone Hanbin would understand.

''Dahee was here today, talking to the doctor. According to him, she's the only one who can save her sister. He said there's no time to look for anyone else. I even told him to test my blood and whatever he needed but he said the results came out negative.'' he stopped for a while, biting his lip as he tried to think how to say the next words to Hanbin. The silence on the other line made Hanbin grow worried, especially because he knew the guy who was going out with Dahee's sister. He wasn't the one to hold back his words.

''But?'' Hanbin coughed out, knowing that there was a but somewhere in his sentece; there had to be - what other reason would make him this nervous? The other male coughed, crying quietly as he still had no idea how to break the news to Hanbin who was by his girlfriend's side. ''But if Dahee does want to help, she may die.'' he finished, wondering why he didn't say it earlier - it seemed much easier for him, although it was extremely painful. It helped his chest feeling relieved.

Hanbin froze. He didn't know what to say, do or think. Suddenly all her actions made sense to him. Why she welcomed him home so nicely. Why she held onto him so tightly. Why she cried and why they ended up having one another in the end. Why she slept by his side like that, why she didn't want to tell him a thing. Hanbin hang up the phone, letting it fall down to his side as he rubbed his eyes with his hand. There was nothing he could do about it.

His eyes landed on the female that still slept by his side. ''Was this why you told me you loved me?'' he smiled sadly, shaking his head slowly. He didn't want her to go but he didn't want to stop her either - it could be for the best or for the worst. He'd be by her side either way. The male wondered how he was so comprehensive about this when it was almost obvious that there was a huge part of him that knew he was going to lose her with the both options he had in hands: a) let her do it or b) ask her to reconcider. If her sister survived and Dehee didn't, Hanbin would be lost but if her sister died and Dahee left him, he'd be unable to have her back. 

He closed his eyes, taking in a deep breathe. ''I hate you so much, Dahee.'' he whispered, joining their foreheads as now it was his turn to cry. She was asleep peacefully, in his arms and soon, he wouldn't have her there. He held onto her tightly ''but I love you so much as well.'' he cried out, pecking her lips and forehead before hugging her to his chest.

He didn't regret following the female's plot for that day because at least, he had her fully once in his life; if he didn't get to taste another single drop of her would be somehow fine because he too, made sure she knew just how much he loved her. Some things were meant to be.


A.N.: How's this? Haha. Thank you so much for requesting. I'm sorry for taking so long to get to you but I hope you enjoyed it! Also, do not forget about #HANBINSWEEK, please. Feel free to request again anytime by the way and let me know your thoughts on this small (sorry for being small) scenario / oneshot!