g.junhwe -- stubborn

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)
Genres: fluff, angst
Pairing: junhwe x minji (reader)
Request: yes [scenario]
Via: tumblr
Small resume of the request: Junhwe fell in love with a yg trainee but after discovering his hyung was in love with the same girl, he found himself in a delicate situation.
Inspired by: Same Old Love - Selena Gomez
Lenght: 4861 words
• ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • 
Right from the start, Yunhyeong was Junhwe's closest friend, because they entered the harsh life of being a trainee together. Later on, both got to the debut in the same band, known as iKON after all the problems both have been through. They used to tell everything to each other, every single thing, even those small little stupid thoughts they had sometimes about how tired they were and about how giving up was so easy for both, how they were emotionally tired and how they thought they wouldn't last long over all the problems that seemed to come their way, especially after debut. It was never easy, all the attention they got sometimes was tiring, even if they were thankful for being able to have one another for support. Seeing the same faces everyday was just not something they thought would get so boring.
Both males were resting, tired over all the physical effort they made to keep up with the though practices their leader put them through - it was already a routine therefore they didn't feel as tired as everyone could think. Hanbin's eyes were reason enough to fear him - if he didn't like the slightest movement, he would point it out and ask them to do it again until they were tired and the movement was clean. 
However, this time, only Yunhyeong and Junhwe were left on the practice room as the other members headed out to get food or whatever they had said before they left. Junhwe said he'd stay behind because he had a move that was bothering him and Yunhyeong volunteered to stay with him just in case Junhwe didn't want to be alone. Junhwe didn't seem to mind it. As they were now chatting, the door suddenly opened, making both stand up in case the person that walked in was their leader.
But that person didn't look like their leader. It was far from it. Firstly, it was a girl. She was shorter than Hanbin, her nose was smaller than his and her hair was longer. ''I'm sorry, I didn't know this room was being used...I mean, I was indicated to come here'' her voice too, sounded different from the tone Hanbin usually used. It was much softer, almost like a melody that could last hours, days or even months and the people listening wouldn't mind.
''You sure?'' Yunhyeong was fast on his feet; before Junhwe could wake up from his daydream, the elder was by the door, helping the female who showed him a paper. Being the nice guy Yunhyeong was, a soft smile was displayed over his lips as he corrected the female, understanding why she was so confused. ''It's this room, you just got the floor wrong. It's the floor above this one.'' he calmly told her as he read the map she had in her hands.
The female blinked, facepalming at her mistake; she even let out a quiet laugh, letting Yunhyeong know she was now aware of her mistake ''I'm sorry for disturbing and thank you so much.'' with those words, she walked out. Yunhyeong stood by the door, making sure the female followed the right path this time. 
The other male on the room, watched the scene quietly, feeling surprised at how easy going Yunhyeong had always been - it sometimes bothered him since he too wanted to be like him but at the same time, he was glad he was like this because this way, his emotions were harder to read off. Thankfully.
 
More than a week has passed by, the group was now practicing one of their songs in order to have the success all of them looked for; someone made a mistake and that made Bobby start fooling around in order to stop Hanbin from getting mad - just in case the leader decided to start nagging. The guys were laughing when the door opening interrupted them. All of the seven pairs of eyes landed on the door that presented two females, laughing.
''I'm starting to think this is destiny'' Yunhyeong called out as soon as his eyes landed on Minji, making both of the females jump out of surirprise; Minji was convienced they had got out on the right floor but upon seeing the two guys she saw a week ago inside the room, she understood she wasn't. Minji smiled softly at the comment, bowing down her head to all the guys inside the room.
''My bad'' her voice sounded, earning a quiet laugh from the male she directed her words to. Junhwe kept quiet, not wanting to give away the fact he was there too, a week ago - she probably only saw Yunhyeong anyways.
Bobby suddenly bumped his shoulder on Yunhyeong's telling him to ask them to join his group for dinner later, at the restaurant nearby since there was no way their boss would let them see the girls inside the building; Yunhyeong proposed that to Minji who agreed to do so, letting him know she'd bring her group along.
 
Later, that night, as the guys decided to call it a day, the door opened, showing not only Minji but six other girls - who'd say she'd have enough friends to keep all the guys company. ''Just in time'' Yunhyeong announced, grinning widely to the female who nodded her head, showing a smile to all the guys on the room. 
''We'll wait outside.'' the female calmly told the guys, knowing they probably would want to take a second to wipe away the sweat, like the girls did before meeting them. After seeing the male nod his head like he agreed with her, she exited the room with her group and then the building.
''The guy is pretty cute'' one of her friends commented, making Minji laugh quietly as she wasn't intending on having anything serious with him since as far as she could tell, their relationship wouldn't go past the friend step; he was maybe way too friendly in her opinion. It was certainly not the one she was looking for, he didn't fit her ideal type. 
''He's nice, for a friend, that is'' Minji calmly commented, leaning against the the wall of the building right ewhere they were waiting for the boys, away from the main entrance just to avoid any unwanted attention from Yunhyeong's fans or even his band's fans. That was the last thing they needed to start of a friendly relationship. The very last.
''You serious? I mean...he's quite an oportunity'' another one of her friends calmly commented, smiling to herself as her mind pictured the exact same smile Yunhyeong showed once the girls came in. 
Minji only laughed at the way her friend spoke, taking some time to think about what to say, or how to actually say what she wanted to say in a nice way ''You can have him.'' being this a synonym of how the female didn't actually want to have anything serious with the male. She didn't find anything that attached her to him, apart from how nice he seemed to be - he only saw him two times anyways; she couldn't still tell it, even if she watched the same programs his fans watched. People were different off cameras and Yunhyeong couldn't be the exception from that rule.
 
A few more minutes ticked by, leading the girls into a conversation, some of them even claiming the boys so they could talk to them and maybe even get to know them better. Minji simply shrugged it off as she wasn't looking for anyother than friendship in that moment as she pictured how hard it would be for both parties.
Just when the girls were done barking about the boys and how they should act, the males showed up. ''Let's get going.'' Bobby half shouted, not wanting to drag attention to him but simply wanting to tell everyone to get going since sometimes his friends decided to simply pretend they didn't hear him, as probably a teasing manner.
Yunhyeong approached Minji, sowing off his signature smile ''What do you feel like eating?'' he asked, out of pure politeness, making the female wonder what she could actually have for dinner. After thinking for a while, she shrugged her shoulders, peeking at the male as she let him know she had nothing in mind, she'd let him decide what they could have since she knew her group was probably just hungry and wouldn't exactly mind the food that was about to get into their stomaches. ''Let's buy some meat and stop by my cousin's house then. We can have a barbecue.'' this suggestion made Minji raise an eyebrow but since she noticed her friends were already taking the most out of their chances.
''Sure'' was her simple answer that made the male smile in victory. He turned to warn his friends who didn't seem bothered by it. As they walked to get the meat. The guys have been planning a small party for a while now, to celebrate the year they have spent together as a group, putting up with each other and sometimes even dragging each other in order to leave no man behind - it was just how it worked anyways, it felt great after all the effort they had made; this was exactly what they were born for - no regrets.
''You know, since iKON has passed the first year now, the guys and I decided to throw a small party, that was actually what we planed and since we only invited you guys for dinner, I was wondering if you'd like to join us for the party too. You guys can go home whenever you feel like doing so, it's just a suggestion'' Yunhyeong spoke, quite nervous since he didn't exactly wanted to be turned down on this.
''A year? Congradulations.''  was all the female was able come up with; her eyes searched for her group, wanting an answer for the girls as she wouldn't decide it by herself  and by th e looks of it, the females would want to spend some extra time with the guys. 
 
As they arrived, the guys walked in like the owned the house - they were comfortable enough with Yunheong's cousin. He didn't mind the fact they used his vacation house if that term did fit the situation, as long as everything was clean after they left, things would be alright. 
The girls took a little more time, getting to know the house, like they were actually scanning the place. Most of them were by the living room, chatting. Yunhyeong and Minji walked towards the kitchen to cook since in her group, she couldn't actually trust anyone else on cooking. ''We'll cook outside, I just need a few things from here'' the male told her, smiling softly to Minji who nodded her head and helped the male with whatever he needed, carrying stuff outside.
 
''I was hungry, damn what took you guys so long?'' Bobby teased, looking at Yunhyeong who laughed and shrugged his shoulders, Minji didn't react.  Everyone came to sit down. The table was full, maybe it had way too many people surrounding it as the food somehow didn't seem enough even if it was covering the table by just how many dishes managed to sit perfectly on that wooden table. 
During the night, everyone managed to have a nice chat, particularly Minji's friends and Bobby who kept being the extrovert person he was, making the environment quite comfortable. Minji too, ended up losening a bit, managing to show off a smile that caught someone's attention. She shyly covered her lips whenever she noticed she was smiling too widely, perhaps it was something she got used to do; some could see it as hiding her brightfulness.
''Let's play paper, rock, scissors to see who gets to wash the dishes'' Hanbin suddenly suggested, gaining everyone's attion. Some groaned as they knew they weren't usually lucky in this game and some others, like the person who suggested the game, chuckled happily as he was usually pretty lucky when it came to this. Minji's friends weren't looking forward to get her nails runied therefore, they were almost praying the guys would have less luck than they did because even if they lost their partner to speak with, they didn't have to wash the dishes.
''Paper, rock, scissors.'' Hanbin shouted, watching some rocks, some paper and some few scissors. He sighed and shouted the same again, whining when he noticed two of Minji's friends got to escape from this simple task. Next, Hanbin and Bobby were also excused. They shouted in happines, watching the others play. Donghyuk was out of the run towards the kitchen too. And in a few more minutes, there were only three standing and the one who lift his hands was Yunhyeong, shouting happily that he didn't have to do the dishes.
Minji noticed she picked paper, just like the quiet boy in front of her while Yunhyeong decided to use scissors. Her eyes slipped from the male's frozen hand up to his features just to notice it was the other guy who stood on the room the other day. He didn't look particularly happy about this situation.
 
''Is everything okay?'' Minji asked quietly, wanting to break the odd silence Junhwe had set in the kitchen - everyone else was on the living room laughing loudly as if there was no tomorrow to live or to laugh about. The male shrugged his shoulders slowly, managing to release a huge sigh ''Hanbin always gets away with this. And I'm the one doing the dishes for the week too.'' he commented like they were long date friends; it was almost overwhelming for the female who nodded her head as she laughed ''That's my task this week as well. They all decided to do their nails at the same time... those smart asses.'' the way Minji spoke made Junhwe laugh quietly, it was almost like his group had painted their nails as well, or maybe they couldn't go near water.
Out of a sudden idea, Minji grinned and pushed her shoulder against Junhwe's, gaining his attention. She leaned closer to him, tip toeing to reach his ear - he stood still, wondering what she was up to. ''Let's prank them.'' the proposal sounded way too interesting for him to take it down. He took a few seconds, as if thinking about the consequences but it didn't take long until he nodded his head firmly. 
''Great. Hold on, I'll be right back.'' she told him, drying her hands in her pants since it was only water. Junhwe sniffed a laugh as her hands were marked on her thighs, like someone grabbed her there. She took less than five minutes, coming back with two water guns. He raised an eyebrow at the sight of those. ''A party by the beach ain't a party without water'' she quickly fought, lifting the two guns she held. His eyes looked back at the dishes that were now clean, drying. He held out his hand, smirking just slightly at her idea.
''One, two...'' upon shouting the three, Junhwe and Minji ran inside the living room, pointing the guns at their friends and in less than a few seconds, they were wet. The girls started shouting and the obvious answer was right before their eyes. The living room was empty, everyone ran outside towards the beach as Minji and Junhwe kept using their guns as if it wasn't enough already how wet everyone was. Laughing, they kept running away with the two other chasing them but soon both stopped.
Minji sat down on the sand, laughing at what just happened since it was kind of a good revenge even if she didn't really mind washing the dishes with Junhwe - over all the silence that was shared, it was actually nice and comfortable. Seeing the female sit down created a urge inisde him to sit down by her side on the soft sand. It fell silent again as they looked at the ocean and that huge water wonderland made her remember what just happened; she started laughing once again.
Junhwe seemed to be affected by her laugh since he was laughing too. ''This was so funny'' she whispered in between her laughs as she tried to breathe properly but it wasn't even being easy. When she managed to calm down, she peeked over at the male, sighing happily. He too, looked at her, amused with the situation. They felt like they were long date friends, satisfied with the situation.
There was a single second their eyes met and again, things fell silent like there was no need for words. None of them knew what to say and they were distracted enough not to sence the group coming towards them. Bobby insisted not to interrupt them since they seemed quite busy but  since the water guns were right behind them, not being watched over.
Hanbin picked up the gun, getting their revenge. All the group was now wet. Minji groaned and got up, deciding to chase who had decided to get back at them. Junhwe was still sitting, laughing at the sight of her running after Hanbin as now everyone was all wet.
''You like her, don't you?'' Junhwe was taken aback with this; his eyes looked over at the male who stood by his side, smiling at the sight of the female who struggled to catch Hanbin. ''Not in a million years'' the answer was nowhere near true - he knew it and so did Yunhyeong but he wouldn't simply say it to Junhwe's face like that. Even if Junhwe only spent that day with her, those few little hours, it was enough to make him feel something, especially when their eyes met for a few seconds. To avoid having Yunhyeong saying anything else related to this, he peeked over at the ocean and waited patiently. There was a sparkle on Minji, something that made it easy to get along with her, something that made him want her and he knew Yunhyeong experienced the same feeling. He could see it in his eyes, the same way Yunhyeong could read him off, over the way he denied. 
 
Later on that night, after everyone decided to take a second to appreciate the way the ocean climbed over the sand, some were by the water, letting their feet be touched by the cold water as some other would rather sit down and watch the water fall and raise. Junhwe was one of those who decided to sit. Minji was the opposite. She stood, grinning like an idiot as she kicked the water around to whoever was by her side, Yunhyeong for instance who was laughing along with her; they were all wet anyways, more water wouldn't make any difference.
''You like her, don't you?'' Bobby read off Junhwe's face as both watched the scene before their eyes, a few meters away from them. Junhwe scoffed and looked away from Yunhyeong and Minji, trying to avoid that question as he had been asked that before. He wanted to keep quiet but at the same time, he wanted to assure everyone that there were no feelings in between them. Yunhyeong had the way to have her. But he knew it wasn't truth and if he couldn't fool himself, he wouldn't be able to fool anyone either.
''She's alright.'' he started, wondering if he should kick some more things into that sentence to make more sence than it did. He nodded his head ''I like Sooyoung the best.'' he continued, looking over at Bobby who raised an eyebrow. He peeked at the female who was busy jumping on her friend's back, laughing her soul off. ''I didn't see you with her the whole day, how can you be interested in her? You kind of avoided her...'' the elder male commented, chuckling at the lack of imagination. ''Fight for it, it ain't getting any easier throughout life, you know it'' with this, he stood up and patted the younger male's head, making him glare at him for giving him such advice. How could he actually fight against Yunhyeong? Out of everyone else, why did it have to be against Yunhyeong?
 
Almost a week had passed since the small party they threw; Junhwe did remember waking up next to Minji and honestly they had had a few drinks to celebrate but nothing too severe. Most of them slept over the living room since it seemed a nice place, nice enough to fit everyone and he couldn't get over the fact he basically slept with her. Her head ended up over his chest, Yunhyeong's head was over his thighs and he even had another girl over his feet. But those didn't bother him the slightest. Minji's head had laid over his chest, making his heart beat faster at the thought of it. He was glad he was the one who woke up first other ways, things could have gotten pretty bad. Truth was, his group had insisted to make it hard for him by inviting the girls to have lunch with them whenever they could.
This meant they had a high probability of seeing each other and Yunhyeong getting involved into this small drama as well. This was hard for him, more than it was to the female who still seemed clueless about both male's feelings. Little did he know Minji was aware of that small something that happened between them; she was probably just as messed as Junhwe was. The girls noticed that and even encouraged her to talk to Junhwe, which she turned down. But she was certainly not aware of the once sided kind of love that had grown over Yunhyeong's side. He, on the other hand, knew he had no chances.
Again, the two groups were together, this time eating lunch at the cafetaria. They were quite pumped up for some reason, the girls kept talking about their choreography and how nice it was, almost wanting the boys to watch it but Minji didn't bother joining in the conversation. Junhwe was sitting right in front of her, eating the food quietly, avoiding her eyes in hope this would be enough to push her away from him and save his friendship. The female on the other hand, was worried about the situation, about what was going on Junhwe's head since she tried to talk to him and whenever she tried talking to him, he'd answer with short words that didn't mean much. He was not like that.
Tired of this, Minji stood up, pulling Junhwe's shirt so he'd follow her and even though she was shorter than him, her grip was quite strong. She dragged him, leaving their groups behind, staring at them quite surprised. Only a few were aware of what was happening; the girls knew just how Minji was short tempered.
''Now, what the hell is going on with you? Why do you keep avoiding me?'' she asked, pushing him right in front of her as her arms crossed over her chest. Junhwe wondered if he should answer her honestly and what would change between them if she knew the truth. ''What are you talking about?'' yet, he decided to play dumb, avoid the truth and eventually piss off the female. Her face turned upside down, into a frown at his answer. She knew he was not telling the truth. 
''What's your problem?'' she sighed, pushing his shoulder as she unfolded her arms, glaring at him. He kept quiet, looking at her in hope this would be good enough to keep him safe. ''Are you going to deny the fact you felt something too?'' 
''What are you talking about? I didn't feel anything.'' he scoffed, rolling his eyes as if this was the truth. He wanted her to believe his lie so he could move on with his life but deep down he knew he wasn't that good at fooling people.
Minji groaned, stepping closer to him ''That's not what you said when we were watching the movie. In fact, it was you who pulled me into your embrace after everyone fell asleep just so you wouldn't feel guilty about whatever there is to feel guilty about.'' she pointed out, letting her hands land over her hips as if she was scolding him. He was surprised about this - nothing really came to his mind, no good replies since he couldn't deny the fact he could have done what she said; alcohol was never his friend and he should know it.
Little did they know that the third party was also hearing this; he was part of the problem. Junhwe was left speechless at this. He wanted to say something but nothing came to his mind and seeing her there, so close to him yet so hard to reach for, made him sigh. ''We can't be together'' he finally managed to pull out his lips, earning a question look from the female who wasn't understanding why ''Please don't ask any questions, we really can't let this go any further.'' he continued, blinking when his feet were stepped on ''You pull me in and then you push me off?'' her question made him feel more guilty than he should. He knew it.
She wanted to let him know he could tell her what was going on but at the same time she didn't want him to spill the information just in case it made her regret wanting to know about it. Minji sighed, wrapping her arms around his torso as she was still stepping on his feet. Her head rest over his chest as her eyes closed slowly ''Alright then.'' her answer made something die inside him. He wanted her to tell him things had to be hard for them so they could fight for it, like Bobby suggested. He wanted her to pull him in this once but she didn't and he somehow felt relieved.
Her arms tightened their grip around his waist, having the male pull away to check up on her who didn't want to pull away. She was hurt with his actions, especially because he gave her false hopes. She wanted to hade him but this wasn't exactly something easy to do; she couldn't hate him just becase. ''I'll let go of you then.'' her simple words were followed by a quiet snif. Junhwe nodded his head slowly even if he hated the situation. He was relieved and at the same time mad at this. He wanted her.
Minji pulled away, rubbing her eyes as she looked down, not wanting the male to see her tears that managed to slip out of her eyes - they were supposed to stay inside but for some reason they didn't, it was stronger than her, the urge to cry. The male on the other hand, felt quite weak. He didn't like the sight of her crying the slightest. It felt wrong. But she still faced him, showing off the bright smile she wore just the time they were celebrating his achievements. ''I'll let go of you, but first... can I kiss you?'' her request seemed a bit too weird for him who felt his heart digging a hole on his chest everytime it beat against it, wanting to come out.
He didn't know how to answer to this and before he could answer her, she laughed quietly and shook her head slowly ''Forget it, it's stupid.'' again, this made the male feel guilty and without thinking twice, he cupped her cheeks and pulled her in, surprising her who wasn't expecting this. He wasn't expecting it either, much less the kiss turned so passionate in just a few seconds. Her lips felt perfect against his, her body against his felt comfortable and even her quiet breathe made him realize he was really into her but this was way too wrong.
Once they pulled away, the female bit her lip. ''I'll get going then.'' her stomach tightened at the thought of the kiss, mixed with the fact she accepted he wasn't going to take back his words and make her his. In fact, she vanished from his sight before he could call out any word like he was planning to do. He rolled his eyes at his own actions, laughing at himself for being so stupid to let everything come to this point in which he was hurting himself, her and Yunhyeong without his knowleadge. 
''If I'm the reason for your hesitation, step over me Junhwe.'' his eyes ran across the hallway finding Yunhyeong standing there. He wasn't expecting to see him there. And now he felt guilty for everything. It was eating him alive.
''Like I said before, I don't like her.'' Junhwe whispered, wiping his lips away as if he was spitting the hand that just fed him. ''Yeah, I know that. Love is a whole different level'' Junhwe froze for a second at Yunhyeong's statement. Was it love? Probably. Was he satisfied with this? Not really. ''Either way it's over, hyung. Life goes on.''
 
 
A.N.: OMG I'm finally done with Junhwe's scenario! I hope you enjoyed it and I'm so sorry that I took so long, this has been sitting on my ask box for the longest. I'm really sorry that I only got to you now but at least it's done, right? Thank you so much for your request and feel free to request again anytime soon! I'm sorry I got a bit carried away hahaha let me know if you want a part two or something o/