j.chanwoo -- blind date

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

Genres: fluff
Pairing: chanwoo x hana(reader)
Request: yes [scenario]
Via: tumblr
Small resume of the request: Hana and Chanwoo are set up on a blind date by Bobby who is close with them.
Inspired by: D-UNIT FT DOK2 - crush
Lenght: 2175 words

• ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • 

''What do you mean I have a blind date tonight? Bobby!'' Hana gasped at the thought of standing in front of a man that she didn't know - she wasn't fond of this kind of thing, much less when Jiwon was involved in it. Sure, he was a good friend but he was a bit... crazy, if that could be enough to describe the male who acted sometimes a bit too child-like and carefree.

The male didn't bother fighting her - the date was set and he knew how Hana didn't like cancelling things at last minute - it was something she learnt to keep herself from doing since she didn't like having people cancelling on her either. It was bothersome and annoying; actually, she could kick in so many other adjectives in between the excuses that it almost made it look like she really wanted to be in that date.

''You don't need to worry, I know him, quite well to be honest. He's a good guy.'' Jiwon calmly slipped in some compliments about his friend, knowing that he had to do this sooner or later either to relax Hana or simply to please Chanwoo who'd probably thank him later for acting this way. 

 

Chanwoo was forced to join this; it was not that he didn't want to go out but the fact he broke up with his girlfriend a few months ago made him want to stay away from females, especially when it came to a more than friends trial. He had to keep himself focused on his job and that was the reason he gave out to his friends who actually grew close to his girlfriend - the reality wasn't quite like that; his ex simply thought that she could have Chanwoo once or twice a month and keep herself busy with someone else the main time.

He stood in his room, laying lazily on his bed as he played a game; Bobby also told him a few things about the girl he'd meet, such as the name, age, things she likes and so on, just to help him a bit more - Hana wouldn't have such information in her hands. If she knew she was about to meet a bandmate of his, she'd probably flip and the second she met him, she wouldn't be able to run away, blame her conscience.

''Aren't you going to get ready, or something? Bobby called two minutes ago telling me to tell you you're going to get your kicked if you don't get up right now and take a shower.'' Junhwe pushed the door of the younger open as he spoke, rolling his eyes at how right Bobby was - Chanwoo was indeed on his bed, playing games on his phone. Junhwe wasn't the one to show off his caring side easily, not even for those he cared as he somehow found it awkward but he was willing to make an exception. ''You deserve better than her. We're just...trying to help you so make an effort to move on. Going out doesn't mean you'll have to marry who you're going out with. If it works, then it works, if it doesn't then just flip the page and go on.''

Chanwoo blinked at the elder's words. It didn't seem like a Junhwe thing to be said. But he was right - he couldn't simply lay around and expect his past to stop from poking him and bothering him with those memories. It was time to at least, earn a new friend, if that could be said.

The male rolled his eyes ''Get out of my room.'' he said to Junhwe who rolled his eyes back and closed the door, walking away towards the place he came from. Chanwoo rolled out of the bed and looked at himself in the mirror, shrugging his shoulders as he noticed that if it weren't for Hanbin's harsh practices, he'd probably have lost his shape - he didn't look as bad. His hair looked nice enough but a shower was exactly what he needed to wash away all his worries.

 

On the other hand, Hana was staring at herself in the mirror. Uncomfortable with the sight of her in a dress Jiwon had asked from his girlfriend ''What the hell is this, Jiwon? I'm not getting married...'' she whispered, knowing it was way too formal to use on a outing. They were supposed to be having dinner, chatting and probably even take a walk after the dinner... not to marry each other. That dress held her still at how tight it felt. 

''It's your fault for gaining weight...'' he sighed, teasing her as he pulled out another dress - his girlfriend was nice enough to befriend Hana and choose a few dresses for her to try out for her blind date.

''I'm sooooo going to talk to your girlfriend after this date. She's going to kill you. Write my words, Kim Jiwon, write my words.'' she pointed at him, glaring before she yanket the next dress from his hands and went to change on the bathroom. The male only laughed at this, knowing he had an answer ready for her but maybe that would be too much for her in that moment - he could sense she was nervous with this. Who wouldn't, though?

 

''Good luck. Also, I'm not looking foward to be an uncle this soon s-'' ''Shut the hell up, Jiwon!'' she growled at him as he parked the car right in front of the restaurant she was supposed to meet the said male. He chuckled at her reaction, knowing he was having way too much fun teasing her about this. ''Don't worry, you'll like each other, I know you will. Just chill.'' the male commented, humming quietly before Hana exited the car. She took a deep breathe and when she was about to close the door, he spoke again ''Oh and, his name is Chanwoo. Jung Chanwoo.'' Hana froze at this information.

Chanwoo? Jung Chanwoo? As in...iKON's Chanwoo? Her eyes widened as she looked at Jiwon who smirked at her ''You're welcome, your idol crush is waiting for you inside, have fun.'' he told her, winking before leaning on the passager's seat just to close the door. Before Hana could protest, he drove away, leaving her outside, with the moon.

 

The female slowly walked in, nervously as she knew who to look for. Her eyes landed on a suited male that actually looked more like a man than he probably should, in her eyes - she was loving every second of it. Slowly, the female approached him, feeling her cheeks heating the second his eyes landed on her.
He got up, almost bumping into the table at how nervous he was to be out with a female after so long. ''Hana, right?'' he asked, trying not to stutter - Hana almost chuckled at the fact he was just as nervous as she was, especially when he looked so calm from the distance. He seemed busy with his own world but now that she was in front of him, things were a bit different.

 

As they sat down and ordered, somehow Chanwoo managed to relax a bit, slightly. Surprisingly, he managed to let his questions or answers, out quite nicely. He didn't stutter for a while, not even when they were having dinner, which got him quite proud of himself for managing to hold onto himself like that - who'd say such thing would feel so good after having his heart broken by whom he loved so much?

 

After having dinner, the couple headed out, just like Hana thought, they would take a walk; she wasn't quite sure where they were heading but she didn't care either. She was actually enjoying the fact she was out with the Jung Chanwoo she always kind of had a crush on - blame him for being so good looking and so nice.
As they walked, they managed to step over that awkward barrier that both were holding onto just to protect themselves but they didn't exactly needed it in that moment since both found comfort when talking to each other.

''I'll take you home.'' Chanwoo calmly said, not really giving her any other option but he didn't want to sound creepy about it therefore, he cleared his throat and continued ''A lady shouldn't walk alone on the streets this late.'' he nervously explained, peeking over at Hana who smiled softly, nodding her head slowly at his excuse.

''Well, alright then.'' she told him, looking around just to rub her arm gently, cursing herself for following Jiwon's indication and bringing such light jacket - it wasn't properly a summer night anyways so why did she agree to it? Chanwoo was quick to notice it, out of concern, he asked ''Are you cold?''

Hana blinked at his question, noticing he came close to her and that stopped her from understanding what he said to her - instead, she felt her body warming up, not to their closeness but because he skilfully landed his jacket on her shoulders, almost like a movie scene. Jiwon planned this, for sure and she lowkey thanked him for that.

''What about you thought? Aren't you cold?'' the female managed to ask as she understood what he had asked her a while ago - the reason why she was now wearing his jacket. Chanwoo shrugged his shoulders at her question when he knew perfectly well he was too, feeling cold, not as cold as she was though. 

''I'm fine'' he simply kicked out, surprising himself at how his actions didn't feel awkward the slightest and actually fit the moment. He was proud of himself.

 

Once again, they were back to walking. They got to the bus stop as Hana said that there was no way they'd arrive her house in that day if they walked. As they waited for the bus, they fell quiet, not really knowing what to say to one another. 

The second Chanwoo parted his lips to say something, his phone ringed. It was on his jacket's pocket; Hana laughed at how it tickled her because it was vibrating. The male reached for it, at the same time she did. Hana looked at her hand to notice Chanwoo's was wrapped around her own. She blushed at the sight, maybe liking it a bit too much. However, she didn't want to look weird therefore, she took his phone and handed it to him, looking down at her feet after.

The male on the other hand, smiled a bit at how cute the scene was. He took his phone, thanking him quietly just to earn a gentle nod from her who didn't even look at him. He checked his phone, raising an eyebrow at the text Jiwon sent him. He looked around, wondering if the elder was spying on them, catching Hana's attention with this.

''What's wrong?'' the female asked, peeking around too, unsure of what she should be seeing or searching for. Chanwoo showed her his phone; she read out loud the message ''Enjoying ourselves, aren't we?'' this being enough to make Hana feel no longer the cold around her. She looked around for Jiwon, understand that Chanwoo must have been looking for him as well. She spotted a car. The car that Jiwon brought her there in.

''You're sooooo going to get them, Jiwon...'' she glared at him who had rolled down his window. Chanwoo had found him too by then. He was shooing Jiwon away; this only made him feel nervous as he knew he'd be teased later, not only by Jiwon but also by the rest of the group that would know about the situation because Bobby didn't know how to keep a secret like this.

 

Suddenly, the night looked too short for both of them who were now standing in front of her house. Hana was playing with her hands, hoping she wouldn't say anything that would make the male feel uncomfortable and maybe even want to see her again someday.

Hana took off his jacket, holding it out for him who shook his head slowly, making the female raise an eyebrow. He chuckled at this, clearing his throat before speaking ''Keep it, you can return it to me tomorrow. We have a revenge ready for Bobby hyung.'' she didn't know why but that sounded quite nice, maybe because it was Chanwoo who said it. She agreed almost immediately to it, making the male grin ''I'll see you tomorrow then.'' he told her, waving his hand slowly to her who walked in after a few more seconds.

The female stopped, turning around just to see the male leave - he had no idea she was watching him. He was quite happy about this, happy to the point he showed of a ridiculous dance before tripping - Hana chuckled at the sight of this. Maybe now that they had some short of date, Chanwoo started feeling nervous about what he'd find at home. Bobby.

 


A.N.: Ayee it's done! Omg I for some reason thought I failed this quite hard? Either way, I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you so much for requesting, feel free to request again anytime. I'll love you up, down and sideways haha. Also, do not forget that since Hanbin's birthday is coming up, I will be dedicating the week of his birthdate [17th to the 23rd] to him; to ask for a scenario / reaction / texts / whatever you feel like asking, simply add #HANBINSWEEK to your request and I will answer it on that week. Thank you so much!