k.jiwon -- good luck next time

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

Sojin's eyes landed on the couch. Just two or three days ago she heard her boyfriend being interviewed, being those questions all about the same thing, as usual. However, there was a question that caught her interest; what if the person they're dating cheats? Bobby answered a straight, yet quite cute, ''Bye''.

 

Her lips parted as she let out a quiet breathe - why couldn't she do the same thing when it came to him? Was it that easy to let go of her if she hurt him once? Because it was very hard for her to let go of him, no matter how many times he decided to hurt her. Maybe it was just because she actually loved him. The female leaned her forehead on the wall, closing her eyes as her hands rest on the same wall, as if she needed some support in that moment.

 

She didn't really care about how cold the wall was in that moment, she just needed something to hold onto her and there was nobody around. She was inside her house, tired of crying her eyes out by the fact Jiwon didn't even bother hiding the fact he was cheating on Sojin. Call it heat of the moment or whatever but truth was, he was conscious of what he was doing.

 

She didn't blame his work for it, much less those MOBB nights he had while promoting that sub unite he was working on; it was his work after all but Sojin knew that the MOBB nights were just an excuse for him to get things off him. It wasn't even the pictures he took with the fans or whatever those girls were. It wasn't the fact he most of the time arrived late and drunk. Not even the fact he spent so much time away from her.

 

The female always excused him, because he worked hard. Because she understood him but the fact he simply stopped paying attention to her whenever they met up, the fact his phone was much more important than the two seconds he got to spend with her, made her notice that something was going on.

 

Sojin had managed to get some time to congratulate Bobby for his success after a stressful day at work. Mino even suggested her to show up at their party; she did agree to it because, why shouldn't she? Her boyfriend was having the time of his life, after all.

 

Now, she only kicked off her heels as those bothered her, perhaps a bit too much; out of all the pain she felt, that was the only she could get rid of easily. She couldn't pull out her feelings and step on them just to move on, things didn't work like that on human's body - she wished they did though.

 

The party seemed nice enough the first ten minutes - Jiwon was nowhere to be found though and that was something Sojin wasn't expecting; he was the party himself therefore, it was weird not seeing him bounce around with that energy of him - where was he?

 

Just a few seconds ago, she wanted that question answered but by the looks of it, she didn't like the answer...the slightest. Her eyes landed on a male that looked exactly like her boyfriend - there was no way to mistake him on the huge crowd that surrounded him. Jiwon was Jiwon and on top of that, he was her boyfriend, of course she'd recognize him. But over all the layers of him she knew, she never really got to meet this half drunk man whose lips were glued to someone else. Of course.

This was probably the reason why he came home so happy after every party. The reason why he started avoiding her. Sojin did regret joining the party that night, she was tired and stressed because of work. This was the last thing she expected to see.

 

She considered herself quite calm as she didn't fuss around, she didn't throw a thing at the wall - the wall had no fault on this, much less did her neighbours. By now, she slipped down the white wall that supported her body; her legs were giving up on supporting her weight after that long day of work. She didn't even want to open her eyes - they hurt.

 

To add to this, the annoying bell kept ringing, helping her head to hurt even more. When it took a break, she'd sigh out of relief and go back to crying but whoever was trying to reach out to her had other plans. He managed to get through the main door.

 

Now, the bell that rang was her house's. It was annoying, the happy melody that exited that small bell -  maybe it was annoying because she was sad. However, that wasn't the only thing that was bothering her. There was a loud voice coming from the outside, a voice that she once loved so much, shouting her name and not so nice words as his hand bumped against her door. She thought he was strong enough to take down the door but she didn't want to worry about that in that moment.

 

Sojin looked over at the door, wondering why he was there anyways. He had his two new girlfriends to take care of, probably they wouldn't be able to get enough of him, like he always so proudly showed off to his friends; women were attached to him like glue. She even thought of shouting for him to leave but then again, her neighbours didn't have to hear these kind of things at night - he'd eventually give up on it like he did on their relationship a while ago.

 

Jiwon's voice was more like a background noise by now. She managed to stand up and head to her room, banging the door to make sure he understood that there was not only a door between them but at least, another one. He wasn't going to get to her today, nor any time soon.

 

On the outside, Bobby frowned when he heard the door bang. He pulled his hands away from the door, now wondering why he didn't hear Mino when he said that what Jiwon was doing wasn't right, especially on his girlfriend's back.

 

Only now, Bobby gave up on trying to get to her by making a fuss - he peeked at his watch and noticed that it was way too late to make her neighbours suffer because of his mistake. He sat down and leaned against her door, closing his eyes - he was determined to get to her.




 

The morning crawled from the darkness outside, having Sojin peek out the window at the way the sun went up. She didn't get to sleep that night, knowing perfectly well that she'd suffer the consequences the next day while she was working. However, the second Jiwon stopped hitting her door like it was the thing to blame for last night's events, she relaxed. It fell quiet and her head had less one thing to worry about.

 

Sojin slowly lift her body from the bed, sighing quietly. She went to take a shower as it seemed a good option after a sleepless night - her head and body would probably thank her later for nicely allowing the water to calm her down. She didn't take long on the shower as she knew that she still needed to dress up, eat and pack her stuff for work.

 

Her eyes stared lifelessly at the dress she took off before her bath. It was almost like her body got dressed with a huge weight of pain whenever she used that dress. Having it off was nicer anyways. She picked nice clothes, clothes that she could comfortably work with and somehow just taking this small second to appreciate herself made her feel better. She smiled at the reflection that stood in the mirror. Better days would come, she hoped.

 

After having breakfast, the female knew it was time for her to go to work therefore, she opened the door as she reached for her keys; the door was awfully heavy though. Once her eyes landed on the male that once had been asleep against her door, her eyes went wide - she really thought he did leave once he stopped punching her door.

 

Jiwon woke up with the door opening since he was about to fall. His eyes shot up at the female who looked way too shocked to move; this gave him enough time to get up and stop her from closing the door in his face like she was planning to - he knew her too well. Well enough to read off her moves.

 

''Let's talk this out.'' he asked her in a soft tone, once again, surprising the female; she expected him to be angry with last night's events, even if he had no right to be angry since he was the one who was cheating on her. Sojin scoffed, knowing that she couldn't simply let his soft tone lullaby her into another lie. That'd be perhaps too cruel for her. Because she'd believe it and this would happen once again, over and over without letting her stop this.

 

Again, considering her neighbours, she let Jiwon in, just so they wouldn't suffer with the argument that was about to go down; she would let go of Jiwon, she had decided that but this time, she wouldn't be the one who'd hold back words she wanted to say. No, this time he'd hear her until the very end and after that, she'd go on with her life; she found out that if she let him go without saying the things she had to say, it'd be worse for her.

 

The male found her actions suspicious; why was she letting him in so easily if she was mad at him in first place? Once the door closed, he noticed she walked past him towards the living room. Bless whoever built those soundproof walls.

 

He slowly followed her and stood there like a lost puppy, watching her stare at him intently like she never did. Her eyes were two guns, ready to release two bullets into Jiwon's chest. He knew it wasn't going to be easy, he simply wasn't expecting her to make such decision on the heat of the moment.

 

''Aren't you going to speak?'' she scoffed out, wondering if he'd come up with any kind of excuse or simply stand there, right in front of her. Like he always said, he'd rather have her shouting at him than actually not speaking to him but this tone was nowhere near loud. It was like her voice was about to vanish and that scared the male.

 

His lips parted to speak but the female started ''And don't you dare to say you can explain what was going on. No wait, actually...go on and explain to me what was going on. I'm curious about the lie you're going to come up with, honestly. I'm really curious. Did she kiss you?'' now her voice was getting a bit louder than her usual tone, which somehow relaxed Bobby. He was expecting her to rant it all out and then calm her down; he could do it, right?

 

''Look, I was... I know it's kind of... bad what I did but...'' he stopped - there was no reason coming to his brain. He had no idea of how to get out of this situation. Did he even like her? He was sure he did but with all of this distance, work and so on, there were many other females that were just there... when she wasn't.

 

Sojin stared at him quietly, wanting to kill him by the way he spoke. It was like she never really meant a thing to him to the point he couldn't even come up with a reason why that happened. ''The least you could do was be honest.'' she growled at him, crossing her arms over her chest as she tried to calm down.

 

His eyes searched for hers as he tried to think. He bit his lip ''Please, we can turn this around...It was stupid, I wasn't thinking...'' he told her, taking a step closer to her who frowned at his words.

 

''You're not being fair.'' she pointed out, sniffing quietly as she tried her hardest to stop herself from crying; she didn't want Jiwon to see her crying after all. He didn't deserve her tears. He looked at her confused, wondering what she was talking about. ''I don't deserve a second chance but you do?'' she coughed out, stepping closer to him just to glare into his eyes. He was the one taking a step back this time. He wasn't ready for this. She was acting weird towards him. ''There's just no excuse you can pull off this time.'' she sighed heavily, massaging her temples before deciding to add something she had been thinking about ''There goes your second chance.''

 

''What do you mean?'' he was actually lost into her conversation as he wasn't relating any of this to the interview she had watched just a few days ago - who said things happen by coincidence? Well, that person was wrong. Things happened for a reason.

 

Sojin scoffed and sniffed in some air before looking at him, imitating the image of him on the tv. ''Bye~'' with this, she turned him around and pushed him towards the exit, picking her bag that she packed a few minutes ago. The male frowned at her actions, not wanting things to end up this way.

 

She opened the door and exited with him, making sure to lock it before looking at the male ''Now you're free to do whatever you want.'' her cold words hit him harshly. He wanted to react but...what could he say to fight her? Nothing seemed good enough.

 

The female walked up to the lift and patiently waited for it. She got in and took a last glance at the male who was still by her door; she didn't need to say anything else in that moment even though she had just so much to say.