k.hanbin -- come back home

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

Genres: angst, fluff
Pairing: hanbin x sura (reader)
Request: yes [scenario]
Via: tumblr
Small resume of the request: Sura asked Hanbin when he'd come home but he got mad since things at work weren't going well
Inspired by: Winner - color ring
Lenght: 2137 words

• ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • 

Hanbin's phone light up for the nth time that day. He was tired of watching the light on and switch off when the caller gave up on trying to get his attention or rather (in his opinion), distract him from his work; this made him lose focus as it was driving him crazy at how hard it was to get this simple words off his brain into the paper - everything seemed so easy inside his head but when it came to spill them out, they seemed more confused than he actually was. It was tiring, trying to come up with the perfect lyrics to a song that he would probably look down on after being done for not meeting his standarts. That was Hanbin anyways. He wanted things to be perfect, end of the story. 
He wasn't sure of the last time he did go home since he felt like his work was more important at that moment than getting a proper night of sleep or some kind of homemade meal into his stomach; those necessities could wait, music couldn't. That could be the reason why he spent most of the nights over at the studio - sometimes even knocking himself out to sleep over the table as he waited for the pencil or pen to draw some kind of word, or even over the computer when his hands hurt way too much to pick up a pencil. The male sighed, wondering if it was better to take a small break or simply ignore the huge headache he had. It was nothing new to him anyways, all this stress was part of his daily life.
The screen light up once again, finally having the male reaching for him quietly as he found out that whoever was calling him was either very worried about him or simply had nothing to do and either way, it was better if he picked it up - at least that person would stop calling him. His eyes read the ID, making him sigh as he knew perfectly well what was coming down the way from the conversation. Yes, he did miss his girlfriend but sometimes, he wished she would understand his side - even when he knew she did understand him and ignored the fact she cared about him and his health. 
Rolling his eyes, he pulled the phone up to his ear as he picked up the call, wanting to get this off his back. Sura's voice calmed his ears with a soft hello followed by how relieved she felt since he picked up the call. She also mentioned just how many times she called him that day and the week but he didn't answer to that, or at least nothing further than a soft chuckle as if letting her know he was guilty. ''Are you okay at least? Aren't you tired?'' her voice asked over the phone making Hanbin think just for a while before sighing out the answer ''I'm alright. Just a bit.''
His answer made her feel a bit more worried than she probably should but then again, when it came to Hanbin, she knew she could never be too careful - his words didn't match the reality half of the times probably because his self evaluation about the situation he was going through made him understand that there could be worst scenarions however, in the female's eyes, it was already bad the way things were. ''When are you coming home?'' the coat of worry that covered her voice somehow pissed Hanbin off. It was not that he felt like it was fake but over the years, he had heard that question just way too many times to even feel grateful for having people who cared about him; the question only made him tired, even angry if that could describe the way he felt.
''I'm not sure. I have to work. Bye.'' by this answer, Sura knew he was mad at her. The female asked herself if caring for her boyfriend was a sin or even if she was the one who did wrong but again, in her eyes, she was only caring for him, wanting to let him know that she was there for him even when it didn't seem like it. Sura sighed as she heard her phone beeping out those annoying sounds she wished to stop. As she clicked the red button to end the call, she closed her eyes and pulled her phone away from her ear just to drop her body on the couch where she was sitting.
The phone slid from her hand down to the floor and she didn't seem bothered by it. Hanbin's phone was probably off by then, so she couldn't reach him. Again, she sighed. ''Why are you so hard to reach sometimes?'' she asked out loud to nobody particularly since she was alone. Her eyes opened taking a look at the dark room she was laying on. The only light that entered the room was provided by the moon and that was only enough to make up some shapes of a few objects that were around her. At this scenery, she closed her eyes again - there was nothing she didn't see before and since her boyfriend wasn't around, her eyes weren't as useful. ''Stupid Hanbin...'' her lips mumbled, making her angry at the way he usually shooed her off when she simply wanted him to know how much she cared. Were her actions that wrong?
Sura felt a blanket of worries drop on her body, making it heavier than it was before - she didn't like that feeling one bit. Maybe it was warm enough to help her sleep since she didn't feel like moving towards the room to get some sleep before having to get up for work. The female opened one of her eyes, searching for a clock that she found over the coffee table that was right in front of her. If she decided to sleep now, she would have seven nice hours of sleep, which was enough for her to rest her mind and start a brand new day with energy. Her eye closed again so she could do as her brain ordered her, get some sleep.

''You look nice.'' one of her coworkers said to her who showed off the brightest smile she could pull off her lips. She thanked him and rushed to change her clothes in order to work. Troughout her shift, she found herself thinking about Hanbin and how he was, if he did sleep or if he ignored all she had told him. The female frowned and shook her head, wanting to have that guy off her brain for a while - she knew she'd have enough time to think of him once she got home and stared at the four walls that surrounded her while she was alone.
''Sura!'' she lift her head and blinked, looking up as her name was called by her coworked who laughed at the expression she showed. ''A costumer just asked for you.'' she raised an eyebrow and tilted her head, wondering just who was there requesting for her services when there was someone else available. Pushing those thoughts away, the female wiped her hands, drying them as she walked towards the counter finding a well known figure. She smiled a bit at the way his hands were holding onto one another tightly as he waited, probably humming a soft song that played through his headphones.
''How can I help?'' her index finger gently tapped the male's hands. His eyes lift, enough to see the female who smiled at him. He smiled too, not bothering to take away the hoodie that covered his hair so nobody would recognize him; his eyes were almost fighting the edge of the hoodie to be seen. He still didn't answer her ''What brings you here?'' she asked, wanting at least an answer from the male. 
Through an half smirk, he answered her ''You're requested at the studio.'' that only made Sura laugh but soon it lost the fun. Her hands held onto a paper she pulled out in case he wanted to order anything. ''I don't think Hanbin wants to see me right now. I think I pissed him off last night.'' she whispered, letting her eyes fall down to the blank paper as she spoke not so happily now. The male and Sura had switched their characters since she was the one looking down and he was the one facing her. ''We both know Hanbin is crazy for you.'' he reasoned. He knew his best friend better than anyone but Sura didn't seem so convienced.
''Bring some food with you later. I hope you do visit him.'' the male sighed out as only he knew the state Hanbin was, sitting in front of the computer, perhaps frustrated with his life and even more now that he concluded he did wrong when he spoke to his girlfriend the night before. 
Sura's eyes lift from the paper as she saw the male turn around ''Wait, Bobby'' she called, frowning a bit just to watch him turn around and tilt his head slightly. ''Aren't you hungry?'' she asked. Hanbin's friends were her friends too and Jiwon was no exception; she knew she needed to take care of her friends in order to feel good with herself. Jiwon laughed a bit ''Save that for Hanbin, later.'' he winked at her, watching her roll her eyes at how he always got away, teasing her.
The female felt a bit angry at her boyfriend still, not only for last night's events but because he had people trying to solve his problems; she didn't find it exactly nice. She'd rather have him either arguing with her or simply facing her without saying a thing but she knew Hanbin and he was stubborn. Unless work had gotten easier for him, he wouldn't find his way out to come to her. It was like he was tangled, unable to free himself from work. She didn't exactly blame him for that.

''Dinner is here!'' Jiwon shouted loudly as he knocked on the studio's door, hoping Hanbin would come out but he only heard a soft okay coming from the room. He sighed heavily and looked at Sura who shrugged her shoulders and walked towards the door. She knew Hanbin after all. ''I'm going to eat everything, Kim Hanbin.'' he shouted, trying for the last time before Sura smiled softly at him and pushed the door open, entering the room her boyfriend was working on.
His eyes were still on the computer, too busy to notice someone had came in. However, Sura was surprised as she noticed he was checking his phone. It was like he was desperate. Hanbin sighed, blinking as he noticed that there was another body inside the room ''Bobby, do you think she's still mad at me?'' he asked, turning around to face his friend just to be surprised as he noticed that it was his girlfriend, not his friend who stood there in front of him. ''What are you doing here?'' he asked, out of shock.
''Well...I can go away if you want...'' she mumbled, pointing over at the door but he quickly shook his head and got up from the chair he was sitting in. His tired eyes that watched the female made his brain relax a bit at the sight of the female - she was fine and since she was there, she wasn't mad at him. He walked up to her, taking her in his arms just to sigh ''I'm sorry baby, it's just that nothing seems to make sense'' he whispered to her, talking about his work - something that was already normal in their conversations as it somehow relaxed him to get off his chest how his busy day went.
Sura didn't speak, she limited herself to drown in his gentle touch, loving the fact he had his arms around her again since he had been away from her for way too long. ''Are you still mad at me?'' he asked, worried as he pulled away, wanting to see her face but her arms wrapped around his torso as her head searched for her favorite hiding spot, between his shoulder and his neck. Sura shook her head slowly, letting him know she wasn't mad at him. ''I just missed you a lot'' she explained a few moments later, losing the sight of the soft smile that landed over the male's lips. He comfortably wrapped his arms around her again, deciding that maybe standing like this for a while was alright. He had enough time to look at her later, while they were having dinner since she was nice enough to bring him some food.

A.N.: Okay so, I decided to release those I have already written somewhere in my laptop; I know it isn't actually fair but since I have writer's block on a few requests, I found out that leaving everyone waiting would be worst. Here you go, thank you so much for requesting, I hope you enjoy  it and feel free to request again anytime tbh. Don't forget about #HANBINSWEEK, I'm going to take requests for it until the 23rd because that's when the week is over. I'm sorry that it is so short btw. That's all.