k.jinhwan -- te quiero

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

Genres: fluff
Pairing: jinhwan x jieun (reader)
Request: yes [scenario]
Via: tumblr
Small resume of the request: Jieun is teaching Jinhwan spanish
Inspired by: d-unit - thank you
Lenght: 1478 words
• ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • 
Jinhwan stood in his girlfriend's room nervously. He stared at the walls, almost feeling like he was foreign to those. It had been a while since he visited Jieun who seemed to be doing well in her life, as well as her studies.

She had decided to major in something that she thought was useful, something she could easily work with. In Jinhwan's point of view, she was doing just fine, especially because he felt quite dumb when compared to her who seemed to be growing more and more everyday out of everything she managed to achieve. He was proud of her.

The male caught her on a break, making him sigh in relief; he wouldn't have to stare at the walls and talk to his brain anymore. They were probably heading out for a lunch slash dinner since it was quite late to have lunch and quite early to have dinner.

''Baby, what were you studying just a while ago?'' he asked, curious as he knocked his head to the right, letting part of his hair fly towards his left eye, covering it. Jieun smiled, finding the sight more than adorable; could Jinhwan get cuter than this? He was clueless, just that was cute itself at how lost he was, looking at her, asking her to explain him something he didn't get. She smiled a bit, passing by him to get the food ready like she promised she'd do.

Jinhwan lost no time in wrapping his arms around the female from behind as he smiled softly, watching her cooking their food like it was something he never really saw. ''I was learning Spanish'' she suddenly answered the question he asked her not to long ago, making the male nod his head slowly ''That's nice'' he commented, not really knowing what else to say apart from that since he didn't really understand a thing about other thatn the couple languages he knew. 

''Do you think I'd be able to learn it too? It could be our thing.'' he came up with that idea, not only to have her helping studying but also because he wanted to prove her he could do some things as well. Jieun chuckled quietly, feeling his hold tighten around her waist gently as if squishing a ''yes'' out of her lips. He managed to get what he wanted, making him smile softly and hide that same smile on her soft skin, right over her shoulder. His lips gently kissed it. ''Great.'' he hummed out, sniffing the food that he was about to taste.

Soon enough, the table was set and the couple was busy eating, too busy to even talk. Jinhwan appreciated everything that his girlfriend cooked for them, humming almost as if thanking her ­­for the food she just cooked - in his opinion, it was delicions therefore, he didn't even need to speak those words out to make her understand he liked it. Jieun smiled softly at the sight of her boyfriend enjoying her food so much, liking it to the point he didn't even have time to talk in between as only a few sounds came out, making her understand he liked it.


After eating, Jieun was ready to head back to her room but Jinhwan had other plans. He held her wrist, after having everything cleaned up. The female secretly smiled and let her boyfriend turn her around so she'd be facing him. Her smile was skilfully wiped away from her lips the second Jinhwan was able to see her facial features. ''I'd really like for you to stay a bit longer with me before you went back to study...'' he asked, sighing quietly, blushing a bit like a little kid as he looked down almost as if he was shy about it. 

''Perdón pero no entiendo.'' she answered him in spanish, letting him know that she didn't ''understand'' what he was saying; she needed to study spanish after all. The male frowned a bit at the sound of those words he didn't understand, the slightest. She chuckled at how his face looked so innocently lost. He looked at her, puzzled as he wondered how he should answer or even react to her behaviour but he had no idea. 

The female hummed quietly as she looked at him ''I said I don't understand.'' she camply explained him, making him raise an eyebrow. ''I'm the one who doesn't understand a thing.'' he commented, rolling his eyes as the female could only laugh at this. ''You don't need to understand a lot, as long as you know the stuff that means the most...'' she shrugged her shoulders, gently pushing him towards the couh to somehow pay him for being ''mean'' just two seconds ago.

Jinhwan nodded his head slowly, pretending to understand what she was actually talking about but he was clueless ''What's the most imporant, though?'' he asked, frowining a bit as both bodies landed on the couch; his arms wrapped around her as she rest her head over his chest, not really bothering to look at him who didn't seem to mind. Jieun shrugged her shoulders at his question, feeling comfortable in his arms.

''You know, Jinhwan...'' she suddenly spoke, pulling his arms away as she turned to look at him, kicking her legs in the air just to rest them over his. The male tilted his head slightly at how their silent cuddling moment just got interrupted. He waited for her to speak since he didn't have anything to say. She smiled shyly at him, making sure she was looking into his eyes as she leaned closer.

''Te quiero'' she whispered to him shyly, what she just learnt a few years ago while she was randomly searching online for different ways of saying ''I love you'', for some reason. It came handy now. Those words made Jinhwan smile for some reason, it was like he didn understand them. He gently closed the gap between the two of them, pecking her lips gently with a soft smile printed on them.

''I love you too'' he answered her, making the female blink quite a few times at how he actually got the meaning right. ''How...did you know that was what I said?'' she asked, feeling her face turn red and hot from embarrassement. Chuckling, Jinhwan shrugged his shoulders slowly and hummed quietly ''I guess you can't just say something like that without meaning it and it gives off that feeling...'' he explained, smiling a bit more while his thumb rubbed her cheek gently; his eyes scanned her features, making the female look down shyly.


Before Jinhwan could blink, they were back inside her room. She was busy studying for her exams and the male was left alone with his thoughts, noticing that those two words she said a few minutes ago were still stuck in his brain. However, when he tried to pronnounce it inside his brain with that little voice that echoed in his mind, something seemed off. He bit his tongue and glared at nowhere particularly, as if trying to figure out how to say those two words that seemed lost in the back of his head.

''Ti kyero?'' he asked out loud after a few minutes, distracting Jieun from her studying. She blinked, looking at him as she frowned, wondering what he was trying to say. As soon as her brain proccessed what he said, she chuckled at how funny yet cute, it sounded. Since he was backhugging her, she turned her head and held onto his chin, pecking his lips gently ''You're so cute, Jinhwan'' she started, looking at him as she pulled away ''But you're mixing italian in that too.'' she commented, chuckling some more. ''It's te.'' she taught him, waiting for him to repeat.

''Te?'' Jieun nodded her head slowly, asking him to repeat it again so that word would be stuck inside his head. Jinhwan nodded his head firmly and confidently spoke again ''Te kyero!'' he grinned, making the female laugh at how confident he was of the second word. ''It's alright baby, you're almost there.'' she hummed, picking up her pencil and writing down the two words before handing it to him. ''Te quiero, mi rey.'' she softly told him, pecking his lips again before giggling to herself at how cheesy she sounded.

''Te quiero..'' he mumbled, reading off the paper before clearing his throat, smiling as he rest his chin over her shoulder. ''Te quiero'' he said again, quickly stealing a kiss from her before his lips pecked her neck and his arms tightened their hold on her waist. Jieun giggled at this, feeling her heart flutter at this small gestue of him - even if this was nowhere near helping her studying, he was lifting part of the pressure from her and she could actually teach him the few things she knew.


A.N.: Why do I think this is so cute? ; u ; omg I'm sorry that I took so long to get to you, honey. I hope you enjoyed this small oneshot and honestly, feel free to request again anytime! Hope you enjoy it!