k.donghyuk -- improvise

아이콘 oneshots; REQUESTS ARE OPEN // let's show Yunhyeong, Chanwoo, Donghyuk and Jinhwan some more love, shall we? | Currently 115 oneshots posted and +20 requests)

''You can do this'' Donghyuk whispered to himself, trying to calm down at the million thoughts that just suddenly were slapped into his brain; it was not that he was insecure about their relationship, much less about the way he felt for her. He was nervous; normally people were nervous in this kind of situation as well, it was normal. Donghyuk still had some time to fix the few things there were to fix.

As he looked around, he smiled at the sight of the neat room he had previously prepared for this event he had been thinking of for a while. He wanted to make his girlfriend happy, more than happy if that was even possible. He felt confident even if nervous, especially when his eyes landed on the clock that was over the wall. According to his girlfriend's best friend, they'd be there in less than ten minutes. This meant that if she agreed with him, he'd have only ten more minutes to live as a ''free'' man, as they say.

The sound of the door opening made him freeze. He was expecting his girlfriend to arrive but not as soon as she arrived; good thing he had everything on it's right place and nicely prepared, other ways, things would go crazy. He'd have to rush himself to prepare those last details that people only noticed in the last minute, which would be bad for him, or at least it'd add some more nervousness into his system and that was the last thing he needed in that moment.

The female slowly walked in, smiling as she sniffed the smell that was hanging in the air. It was food, which lead her to think that the weird way her best friend acted towards her during the afternoon had something to do with what she was about to find. As she turned to the kitchen, a shy smile covered her lips; that smile got wider at the sight of her boyfriend. She wasn't sure why he was so dressed up; he had a suit on, his hair was perfectly styled like he just won some kind of award or like he attended to some kind of important meeting. She slowly let her bag down and walked towards Donghyuk who forgot for a second why he should even be nervous.

He took her in his arms, hugging her tightly to his chest; his comforting touch was something she looked for when she came home, tired from work and the outside world that still refused to give in the brighter side of it to her. His lips kissed her head gently as he made the most of that moment. The female smiled and even melted with his sweet actions towards her. His perfume invaded her; she didn't seem to care, much less when she woke up after they slept on the same bed and he left behind a trail of his gentle perfume that she had grown fond of the past years they have been together. It was almost like he was still there.

''What's the special occasion?'' the female suddenly broke the silence, pulling back as her hand rest over his firm chest. Donghyuk's eyes looked into hers as he appreciated her features like it was the first time his eyes landed on her. He broke his girlfriend free from the hug, only having a arm holding onto her. His free hand was now pushing away from her features, the hair that covered them and didn't allow him to see those small inches completely. He didn't want to reveal it but at the same time, he wanted to shout it out to the world, how happy she made him and how he was sure that this step was something he was sure of.

Leaning in, he pressed a gentle kiss over her lips, feeling a smile grow over hers that soon spread into his, like a virus. His hand that previously pulled her hair behind her ear, was now cupping her cheek so she wouldn't pull away; the second they pulled away, he knew he had to build the mood to ask her that important question he had been dying to ask her.

Their kiss was interrupted soon, their noses touched and their eyes opened, looking into each other's. The smile never really left their lips though. She chuckled ''Why are you acting like this?'' she didn't disapprove his actions; she found them sweet but she could tell he was nervous, almost like the kiss could give away that by it's taste. Donghyuk bit his lip as the distance of their faces increased. He wanted to catch every second of her reaction to this.

His hand reached for his nape, rubbing it as he tried to make his heart beat normally once again. Just the thought of being more than her simple boyfriend, made him feel excited. ''We've been together for a while now, jagi.'' he started, feeling proud of himself for not stuttering. He manged to hold both her hands with his own; his eyes landed on the ring she was wearing, making him smile. His thumb gently caressed that ring she used. He had one just like hers, nicely placed on his finger. ''You know...I love you very much and I don't know just how many times I have practiced the speech I just forgot.'' he suddenly looked up at her, blushing at how honest he was actually being.

Donghyuk's girlfriend looked at him confused. He was acting strange but he was being incredibly sweet so she couldn't say a thing. The more she looked at his flawless features, the more she noticed he had something in mind and that something kept him nervous. ''Is everything okay?'' she whispered to him as she noticed he fell into silence. He seemed to forget how to say things, how words were pronnounced and what he actually wanted to say.

On the other hand, Donghyuk sighed. This was certainly not going the way he planned. All that practicing was not helpful. He seemed to be lost. Defeated, the male decided that he'd do something different. He'd open his heart to her, even if she mostly knew it over the sweet nothings he made sure to tell her every now and then. ''I had this all planned for you, I even dressed nicely just to surprise you but I guess I just... seeing you like this, so close to me, makes me feel so happy that my brain can't think of anything else. I still feel nervous when I hold you in my arms, like it is the very first time after you accepted to be my girlfriend.'' he managed to chuckle, not sounding as nervous as he actually was.

The female chuckled along with him; she felt comfortable around him and she liked this sudden surprise of him even if she was still a bit confused over why he had decided to shower her with this. His thumbs carressed her gentle skin. She almost melted under his touch ''You have no idea how happy you actually make me.'' he sighed out, biting his lip at how his heart beat increased, indicating him that the was nearing.

The next thing she knew was that her boyfriend suddenly dropped his height. He was shorter than she was; she wasn't used to this as usually, she'd be the one looking up at him, even if just a bit, because he decided to tiptoe just to . Her brain was trying to process things as she noticed he was down on his knee, this scene being familiar to one of those movies she had once made him watch when she was in the mood for those cheesy movies Donghyuk claimed to like just so she'd comfortably lay on his chest while both their pairs of eyes were on the screen; he mostly didn't even watch the movie but his girlfriend, smiling at how easy it was to please her. She was simple, thankfully.

''I've been thinking of this lately, and I think this is the right time for you and me.'' he started, feeling his hand tremble as he reached for his pocket, wondering why he wasn't smart enough to take the box he had inside his pocket out before he got down to his knee. Sighing, he awkwardly stood up and took it, quickly getting back on his knee just to nervously look at his girlfriend who seemed frozen in her place. 

The soft smile that ripped her lips as she understood what was going on, made him relax. She didn't show any signs of denial. She perhaps just wanted him to pop out the question so she could be in his arms, smiling widely like she always did when she was with him (apart from those few times she felt down over something that happened somewhere and that got her mood to drop; Donghyuk was always there to cheer her up anyways.)

Followed by the couple seconds of silence shared by the couple, the question owned the silence, calling out the right to speak. ''Will you make me the happiest man on Earth and marry me?'' the moment the question was heard, the surroundings stopped existing. None of that mattered, just the fact that he was asking her to be officially his. She took a few seconds to answer, afraid her voice would tremble. She was almost sure he could hear hear heart beat, and he was almost sure she could hear his since it was so loud against his own ears. A soft ''Yes'' escaped her lips, followed by a couple tears that had decided to claim their rightful place over her soft skin.

Donghyuk smiled widely, getting up finally - he didn't even understand that he was on his knee for just a couple minutes, it still seemed too long as he waited for her answer. He took her hand gently, slipping the ring on her finger just to watch her peek at it and smile, not because she earned another ring but because she was happy to have him in her life, pushing away the sadness and butting in everything; he made her heart flutter. 

Skilfully, he interrupted the admiration she seemed to have for the ring - as she seemed too busy appreciating the feelings he had put to it. His arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her body to his just so he could lift her from the floor and spin around with her, to let her know exactly how happy he was to have her in that way. Her arms wrapped around his shoulders tightly as he spinned. Through the huge smile that was over her lips, she was crying, not even sure on how the tears rolled down her cheeks since she was so happy. 

Soon, her soon to be husband gently put her down, pulling back to look at her features that he loved so much. He chuckled at the sight of her teary eyes that didn't overpower her huge smile, if anything, those added more fire to the fire place that was fueled by his feelings for her. His hands cupped her cheeks, wiping away a few tears that were still remaining on them. ''Thank you, I love you'' he whispered to her, forgetting that he had prepared dinner for them. The couple was too busy appreciating each other anyways, dinner could be served later.