Fishy, I think 4 fries are enough

Loving a fish

Donghae's point of view

I had planned the proposal a few weeks before graduation and Sungmin and Sooyoung's wedding. It was going to be at the largest aquarium in South Korea called Aqua Planet. It was in Yeosu so we were going by train which would take at least 3 and a half hours. you only worked morning shifts on Monday that ended at 12:00 P.M.

I only told Eunhyuk and Junsu about this. And it turned out that Junsu was planning to propose to Ri-In also, though I didn't know when.

The three of us were sitting under a tree at the park. It was very peaceful and serene. Kids were laughing while playing at the slides and swings. Dogs were running around on the field with their owners. 

"How many people do you guys plan on inviting to your weddings?" Eunhyuk inquired.

"Maybe 100? Cuz of all the kingkas, their families, and girlfriends. I'm sure Jonghyun, his mom, and Key will be invited also." I replied.

"Okay then, I'll invite 300!" Junsu announced.

"Well, aren't you Mr. Popular?" Eunhyuk and I both rolled our eyes.

"But Donghae, your proposal sounds really awesome." Junsu stated.

"Yeah, it's well thought of." Eunhyuk acknowledged. 

"Hehe, well it really suits her hobby so I'm sure she'll love it." I sighed in content. It took me a while to get permission.

"I wonder if Ri-In will accept." Junsu didn't sound like himself for a minute.

"You don't need to worry. Why wouldn't she accept you? She was the one that liked you first anyway." I muttered. 

"Oh yeah huh... Well just so you know, I love her more now." He proudly claimed.

"Anyway, dude, when she accepts, when do you want to get married?" Eunhyuk questioned.

"I was thinking next year since I'll be busy with the Olympics this year." I exclaimed.

"Getting married at 20 isn't bad. I want to get married in October though." Junsu remarked.

"Are you in a rush or something? That's only 4 months away." Eunhyuk asked as he got distracted by a couple of kids eating bananas like the monkey he was. I smacked him on the head. 

"It's because I want to have kids." Junsu declared.

When you'll be barely turning 20?" We both gave him an odd look. "What about your surfing career? It hasn't even started."

"I'll manage to be a surfing dad. It'll be fun. When they grow up, I can teach them how to surf too." Junsu mentioned.

"Well, good luck with whatever you want to do." I sighed. We just kept on talking and talking, whether it was about the good old days or about our girlfriends, we had a nice time. Before we knew it, it was 11:50 A.M. 

"Okay guys, wish me luck." I got up from the swing and walked over to my car.

"Hwaiting FISHY!!!" They both yelled from the top of their lucks. I gave them a thumbs up and drove to you's aquarium. *Let this proposal be a success!*

As I drove, I kept on thinking about what Junsu said about teaching his kids how to surf.

*Teaching my kids how to swim would be nice. Especially if they want to follow my footsteps.* I smiled at the thought of it, but it also made me think of my dad.

*I really hope I can be a great dad like you were.*

------------------------

Your point of view

This morning wasn't very good for me. One of my favorite penguins had passed away. His name was Choco and he passed away due to old age. The funeral wasn't done properly because there were a lot more customers than usual so it was rushed. What I hated even more was learning that not many of the co workers even felt bad. I was probably the only one that was attached to him. He was 19. Penguins had an average life span of 18-20 years old.

*I shouldn't spend my time moping around. He's in Penguin Heaven now.* I thought as I waited for Donghae to pick me up. 

For some odd reason, both Junsu and Eunhyuk texted me and said Have fun on the date today!  

I guess Donghae told them what we were going to do today. I wonder what he had planned. We had gone to a lot of places in the past few months from amusement parks to the beac. 

"Hmm... are we going to go somewhere far?" I pondered. Donghae soon arrived and I headed inside the car.

"Hi Oppa." I greeted him as I put on my seatbelt.

"How was your morning?" He kissed me on the cheek before driving back on the road.

"Not really good. One of my favorite penguins passed away today."

"Aww, I'm sorry to hear that." Donghae said sincerely. "But he's in Penguin Heaven now so I'm sure he's happier there."

"Wow Oppa, I didn't know you knew about Penguin Heaven. But yeah that's true, thanks." 

"Of course I know. I wouldn't be your boyfriend if I didn't know otherwise."

“Haha. So where are we going today?” I asked him.

“You’ll see. It’s a surprise.” was all he replied as he took ahold of my hand.

The ride was very quick because the train station we arrived at was about 10 minutes away from the aquarium. Donghae apparently called someone to take the car back to his apartment.

“What city are we going to?” I tried to look at the tickets he had already bought beforehand, but he wouldn’t let me see them. We headed on over to the train because it was going to leave in a few minutes.

“At least tell me how long we’re taking.” I pouted. He always fell for that cutesy aegyo stuff though I didn't really like doing it.

“3 hours.” He led me up the steps to get on the train.

"What are we going to do in 3 hours? This better be worth it." I stated as we sat in our seats. There weren't many people in our area. Just a couple, a businessman and 3 elders.

"You can go to sleep. I'll be listening to my music." He claimed as he got his ipod out. 

"I don't feel tired though. Can I listen to your music too?" He handed me an earphone and I recognized the song. "It's your dad's song, right?"

He nodded and started to sing along to it softly. His voice was very soothing. After about 5 or so songs later, the two of us fell asleep.

"We have arrived in Yeosu. Have a great day and thanks for riding......." I woke up to the sound of the conductor speaking but didn't really pay attention.

"Oppa, we arrived." He yawned and stretched a little before standing up. 

"Wait. What could be in Yeosu..." I pondered as we descended out of the train. "No way... Oppa, are we going to Aqua Planet?"

He nodded his head and I grinned a cheesy grin at him. "No way! I told you we could go after a few months. It barely opened this week! It's going to be packed in there!"

"We'll be scubadiving most of the time so it'll be okay. Let's go." He grabbed my hand and we walked over to the bus stop.

We were lucky because as soon as we arrived, the bus approached us.

We headed inside the bus, showed our bus passes and sat down near the back.

Aqua Planet was closer than I thought. When we got off the bus, it was right in front of us with its huge and colorful balloons. I took notice of the Beluga whale next to the sign. My mouth just dropped open at the sight of the crowd. 

"Don't worry. We're going around to the back." Donghae assured.

"Really? Why?" I gave a puzzled look. We were allowed to cut all those people?

"You'll see. We're scubadiving. We can look at the sea animals and fish later."

"Okay. Then off we go!" I smiled as I took a hold of his hand. I had a hard time containing my excitement because I wanted to go to Aqua Planet for the longest time, since it's the biggest aquarium in Korea. Today was going to be awesome.

------------------

Narrator

The two of you went to the back door and waited for a worker to open it. You wondered how Donghae had a connection to the worker but it seemed like they weren't friends because he just left after he gave you and Donghae your suits. You followed Donghae to the changing area and went to the girls' room. Surprisingly, Donghae was done before you.

"Oppa, isn't this only your second time scuba diving? We haven't gone scuba diving since we went with Eunhyuk and Junsu at the beach."

"I'm a fast learner." He simply stated before dragging you to the enormous ocean like pool. You went inside and the cool, refreshing water felt soothing to you. Donghae motioned you to come closer to him. You were amazed at the variety of fishes that were swimming across from you.

But you couldn't help but wonder how Donghae had gotten so experienced when it's been at least 3 months since the last time you guys went scuba diving. 

-------------------------

Donghae's point of view

I bet she was wondering why I had gotten so much better at scuba diving. I had been here before it had opened. It was all due to my brother because he was one of the business workers who were planning the opening and everything that had to do with the aquarium.

After exploring for a while, I lead you towards the oysters. She had told me before that she liked pearls. So I signaled to her to pick up the oyster that was the biggest. She grabbed it and started to follow me. There was a certain area where the customers could see us from the top. I had people holding a huge poster facing us. I told you to look down. And I could tell that she was surprised by what the poster said.

-----------------------

Your point of view

Oh my gosh. I couldn't believe my eyes. The big white poster at the bottom said "Will you marry me?" When I turned around to face Donghae, he gestured to open the oyster. 

*No way! Is it really what I think it is?* I opened the oyster and I could see the beautiful ring glisten in the water. 

I swore that this was the best proposal I had ever received, then again, it was the only proposal I received, but still. I swam over to  Donghae and hugged him.

We eventually got out and quickly changed back into our clothes. When I saw him again, I kissed him with ecstasy.

"Oppa! I can't believe you did that! Let me see your ring." He flaunted it to me and it suited him. When we came back to the front, many people congratulated us because they saw everything. We spent time looking at all of the sea creatures before we headed back home. We pretty much cuddled the whole time on the bus and the train. 

"I still remember the first time we met. I thought you would be a jerk. Man, I was so wrong. To tell you the truth, I actually saw you the day I came here. Maybe it was fate that you and Junsu noticed me at the beach?"

"I thought that you were just another typical girl but a cute one. And I looked like a jerk because Junsu wanted to go to the beach as soon as I came back from Japan."

"That was where you went?" I had always wanted to visit Japan. But that was mainly because of Kuroshio Sea, the second largest aquarium in the world.

"Yeah, for swim meets. We can go there for our honeymoon if you want." He quickly called the person to return his car back to the train station.

"Oh my gosh, Oppa. That would be amazing. If I have you with me, we can eventually go around the world since you've already been to Japan and China. You're going to be in London soon."

The person who was picking us up turned out to be Junsu, along with Ri-In.

"Congrats guys! But you should congratulate us as well..." She coyly smiled.

"No way! You too? Did you two plan on proposing at the same time?" We continued to reminisce about the past in the car ride back home.

As soon as we came home, I told all the kingkas, my parents, and Yeonhee that I got engaged to Donghae. But of course, it wasn't until after he won silver at the olympics in London, did he want to get married. I was perfectly fine with that, because I was so proud of him. All of his hard work and effort was worth it. 

It wasn't until early September that we decided to have the wedding. We had rushed through it because we didn't really care about the fancy church and reception. We just wanted to be happy together. Actually, that was only half of the reason. Before Donghae left to London, we had a little too much fun. 

"You guys are having a baby??!?! Shotgun wedding!" I heard Heechul and Eunhyuk laugh. 

"Shut up!" Donghae blushed. It wasn't common to see him blush because it was always me that looked like a cherry. Our wedding was short and simple, just the way I liked it.

I was so thankful to have him as my husband. He was everything I had ever asked for.

And just like that, 6 years went by. 

"Come on, Eunhee! You can do it!" I shouted as I was timing our six year old daughter as she was rapidly kicking her legs and on the freestyle 500. We were at the national swim meet that was held annually. Donghae had done it many times before and he must hve been proud to have his oldest daughter follow in his footsteps.

Donghae was also cheering her on as Eunhee's one and a half year old brother, Sangmin, was sitting on his lap. Our  three-year-old Taehyun was trying to distract me by wanting some water, but our five-year old-daughter Hyemi gave it to him.

"Don't distract Mom when she's doing the timer!" She scolded at him as I started to run towards the end of the pool in order to press stop as soon as Eunhee touched the wall of the pool.

"Yes! You beat your score and you got third place for sure! Way to go, Eunhee!"

"That's my daughter." Donghae smiled as he grabbed her towel and helped dry her hair. 

"Thanks, Appa." She grinned triumphly.

"How about we celebrate, by going to the aquarium?" I suggested. The kids all shouted in delight. As soon as Eunhee got her award and bronze medal, we headed off to the aquarium I used to work at. Now, I'm an official sea animal trainer. I'm actually the most experienced trainer at the new aquarium I'm working at. I've done dolphin training, walrus tricks, worked with the sick sea creatures, and just so much more. I fell in love with all of the aspects of the aquarium.

As we made our way there, we suddenly realized how quiet it was. When we turned around at a red light, we noticed that the four of them were all asleep.

"So.. you remember how I told you I wanted five kids?" Donghae mentions as he makes a right turn.

"Fishy, I think 4 fries are enough. We spoil all of them already."

"How about we get a dog then?" He offered. 

"You must have forgotten that Hyemi is allergic." I shook my head in disapproval. 

"Oh yeah, well I think having five kids would be perfect. You've seen how good of a father, I am. My dad would be so proud. He wouldn't mind having another grandchild."

I laughed as I started to hear Taehyun snore. "These past 6 years have been really hectic, don't you think? We have a daughter a few months after we get married, I got trainer of the year at the aquarium, you win GOLD at the 2016 olympics, which I will never forget by the way, and then, we had another daughter, and eventually we havd two sons. How did we manage to do all of that while still going to college online?"

"We're just really good multi-taskers. I'm telling you, another son or daughter would complete my life. I won't ask for anything, ever again." 

I raised my eyebrows. "Okay, well I'll probably break that promise. How about I take you to Georgia?"

It made me a little interested, but I still wasn't having it. 

"Fine, Sea world?"

It had been a long time since I've been there. "We'll just see."

"Yes! I love you, my jellyfish." He kissed me on the cheek.

"Ma bobo!" Sangmin cried out. We just laughed at our adorable maknae.

Loving a fish really does have its perks.

----------------

I had planned on updating this around the week that AFF had server problems. I'm really sorry I took more than 2 years to finish this. I had planned on finishing it up quick but I never really got the chance to. But I hoped you guys liked it. Thanks for reading and subscribing. ^^