Meeting my parents

Loving a fish

Your point of view

The weekend flew by pretty quickly. Donghae had a long shift on Saturday so I didn't get to hang out with him. I spent the day with Sooyoung and Sungmin instead. They found out that the baby was going to be a boy. Sooyoung was 4 months pregnant already. We spent time deciding names and they were searching for baby clothes.

After that, played Starcraft with Kyuhyun when I got home. It turns out that Eunhyuk had one too. On Sunday, Donghae found out his father was sick.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you? I want to meet your father." I asked him before he left.

"It's okay. I'll just see how he's doing. Besides, I get to meet your parents first before you meet mine." 

"Fine, be that way." I teasingly stuck my tongue at him. 

"See you tomorrow." He kissed me bye and left in his car. I decided to have a girl's day out with Yeonhee and Ri-In since their boyfriends were busy also. Changmin had to babysit his sisters and Junsu was watching a soccer match with his brother.

We went shopping at the mall. Those girls spent so much time trying out clothes but it was fun. I usually got 2 shirts and a pair of shorts or jeans but Yeonhee and Ri-In made me buy so much more.

I got this for prom.

 

"You look so pretty!" Ri-In shouted in delight.

"Yeah, very beautiful Unnie." Yeonhee murmured.

"Thanks, you two should pick already. You're so choosy." I told them. I sighed as I saw them looking at dresses.

Graduation was less than 7 weeks away. Time past by so fast. I remembered when I first came here and met Donghae and Junsu but that was about 5 months ago. 

"Isn't Donghae meeting your parents Tuesday?" Ri-In questioned while she was in the fitting room.

"Yep. I could have met his dad today but Donghae didn't want me to see him yet."

"Oh I see... hey what do you think of this?" She showed herself wearing a red dress. "Junsu told me not to wear a short dress. He's so overprotective.

"It's great! You should totally wear that." I replied honestly.

"How about mine?" Yeonhee stepped out of the fitting room also.

It suits you! Purple's your color." I smiled at her. She shyly smiled back. We all paid for our dresses and left. We had already bought jewelry and handbags. But the girls wanted heels to match their dresses.

I was looking at some blue heels when Donghae called me.

"Hey Babe, I think I won't come back until Tuesday. It seems that my dad is really sick and my step-mom doesn't know what to do."

I tried to hide my disappointment. It was just one day of not seeing him so I guess I would be okay.

"Araso Oppa. But you have to be here Tuesday. Take good care of your dad. Love you."

I then had another call. It was from my Omma.

"What's up, Omma?"

"I want you to visit Sooyoung and hand her a package from me."

"Neh, I will." I told Ri-In and Yeonhee I would have to find shoes another time. So I went home, put the shopping bags in my room, and left to Sooyoung's house with the package.

"Annyeong Cousin-In-Law." Sungmin greeted me when he opened the door.

"Hey, is it okay if I see Sooyoung?" I peeked in her room.

"She's sleeping. She sleeps so much more than before now that she's pregnant." He grinned. I told him to leave the package for Sooyoung and opened the door to leave. But there was an ugly looking man standing outside the door.

"Who are you?" I asked formally. 

"I should ask that first." He stated sternly.

"Omo, don't tell me you're Sooyoung's step-dad?"

He looked at me oddly.

"Are you you, the daughter of Hwang MinYoung and Choi HyukMin?"

"Neh. Are you looking for Sooyoung's mom or something? Because I suggest that you should leave."

"You insolent little brat. This used to be my home."

"Exactly. USED to be your home. You're not needed here. Especially since Sooyoung's dad came back."

"you? You didn't go home yet?" I heard Sungmin from behind the door. He opened it and didn't bother greeting that man.

"No need to talk to this bastard." Sungmin whispered.

You stupid son of a !" He heard him and tried to punch him but Sungmin smoothly dodged it.

"You must have forgotten that I know martial arts. I can beat your anytime." Sungmin said in a voice that scared me. It scared him off and he ran away, with his tail between his legs.

"Nice one Oppa, but that seriously scared me."

"I'm a good actor aren't I?" 

"You were acting? I thought it was real."

"Nah, I don't try to beat up adults." He said bye and I went home.

----------------

Narrator

Monday was very boring for you, because Donghae wasn't there. He called you plenty of times though. It was finally Tuesday and you were waiting for Donghae after school so you could go see a movie before you saw your parents. You two ended up watching The Kitchen and it was awkward between you two because of the passionate scenes.

You tried to shake it off though and started to talk about Sooyoung's stepdad.

"You said you met him before right?" Donghae nodded.

"He's an ugly fellow, don't you think?"

"Of course. But did something happen when you saw him?"

"Yep. Sungmin managed to scare him off though. He tried to hit Sungmin but he dodged it. That man called me an insolent brat. Who says that nowadays?"

"Apparently he does." Donghae sighed.

"So how's your dad?"

"Not doing good. He went to the hospital today. I'm going back tomorrow."

"You could have just told me to cancel meeting my parents you know." You murmured sadly.

"It's okay. I wouldn't miss it for the world." He beamed and you kissed him this time.

"You're so considerate Oppa." You and Donghae arrived at your house and your parents greeted Donghae.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Choi and Ms. Hwang."

"Welcome. Come on in." Your mom claimed.

You guys headed inside and you saw the table was rearranged into an actual dining table and not that odd little table from before.

"What are we eating Omma?" you asked her.

"Pasta." Your dad replied for her.

"Oh that's my favorite food." Donghae smiled.

"We know. That's why I made it." Your mom said happily.