Are We Not Friends Anymore?

Loving a fish

Your point of view

"Mianhae, Oppa. But I don't like you like that. I like you as a Chingu. Ri-In's my best friend. I can't go out with the guy she likes." I apologized to him and ran off before he could respond.

I didn't know that Ri-In followed me and heard everything we said until she turned me around and started to yell at me.

"How could you do that to me? Saying that I liked him and then you completely humiliated him. I can't believe he likes you! Ottoke?" She cried out.

Luckily everyone else was at lunch so there was no one in the hallways. I looked at her and sighed.

"I'm really sorry. But you know I don't like him back. Since you say I 'like Donghae.' Then there isn't any problem right?"

"Of course  there is! They're best friends and you're in a love triangle with them! But since I like Junsu, then I'm in it too so it's a love square! Aish.... This really ."

"At least he thinks you're cute." I tried to make it better. But it was no use. She just screamed out of annoyance and said. "Please just stop talking to me. I have to figure all of this out and think of what to say to him."

"Are we not friends anymore?" I questioned but she didn't answer and left me to the cafeteria. I disappointedly went by myself.

*Wait, if Hankyung likes Ri-In who likes Junsu who likes me and I like Donghae. That's a love Pentagon then!* It reminded me of a fanfic I read. (I wanna be more than friends >_<)

I sighed again as I was in the canteen waiting to get food. I noticed  Ri-In sat next to Yeonhee and avoided Hankyung and Junsu. *Did she know Hankyung liked her too?*

I arrived at the table and sat next to Yesung and Kyuhyun. 2 guys that I barely talked to. It was sort of awkward at the table but Eunhyuk and Leeteuk's corny jokes and gags helped lighten the atmosphere.

I got to know the two of them more and found out that Yesung was the good kind of weird and Kyuhyun loved video games like Eunhyuk. As I continued to observe Junsu and Ri-In, I caught them glance at each other.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Junsu's point of view

It was really discouraging what you told me. I didn't think someone like Ri-In would like me. I thought she would like the nerdy types like Hankyung. Since they were both Chinese, they would have suited each other. I was talking to Monkey when I felt someone staring at me. Thinking it was one of the guys, I looked straight ahead.

I glanced at Ri-In and caught her looking at me. We both looked away awkwardly and pretended nothing happened. I still liked you but weird emotions were piling up inside my heart. It happened whenever I saw Ri-In. That didn't mean I liked her of course. But then again, I loved all girls didn't I? That was the kind of guy I was. I wasn't too choosy so that was a good thing.

*Could I try to get both of them?* I asked myself. But no, that would be unfaithful. Aish, this was why I never liked dating in the first place.

I decided I would hang out with some of the girls from Girl's Generation and try to get my mind off the two of them. Until I made a decision. *Why oh why was I born to love women so much?*

------------------------------------------------

Ri-In's point of view

It was so depressing finding out the guy you like ends up liking your best friend instead.

It was even more depressing when I found out I would have to reject Hankyung. *Or maybe I should give it a try?* I was having mixed feelings about everything. I hated you at that moment. But I wouldn't hate her forever. I knew she didn't mean to do me any harm. She was still too innocent to do such a thing.

I couldn't control my anger and sadness though and just lashed out at her. I had to avoid everyone involved in this. Yeonhee tried to comfort me. Since she knew me from preschool, she would know my feelings.

I noticed you sitting with Yesung and Kyuhyun. She evaded me so I did the same. I gazed at Junsu while he was talking with Eunhyuk. But I think I made it too obvious because he looked back at me. I was shocked and looked away. He did too and I think I blushed.

I didn't know what to do. I was having a hard time choosing. But then I noticed Hankyung. I really felt bad so I wanted to have a chat with him. I wrote a note in Mandarin saying

 迎接我放學後在院子裡。

Meet me at the courtyard after school.

After a while, I decided to give it a try. I'll go out with Hankyung and see how it goes. Plus my parents wanted me to be with someone that was the same race as me. I hoped that it would help me sort out my feelings. Or else, I would never figure anything out.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Donghae's point of view

After school, The two of us went back to my apartment to put away our backpacks. We were planning to go with the others to go to an amusement park. It was water-themed of course.

But something shocking was happening.

When I opened the door, I did what I knew I had to do. And that was to protect you.

"AHHHHHHHHH!" She screamed.