The funeral and prom

Loving a fish

Your point of view

A few days past by and it was time for the funeral. Every kingka and their family attended. My parents and I had just arrived when Donghae's mom and brother had started crying.  Donghae had introduced me to them and I tried to comfort them.

His stepmother was nowhere to be seen. I gazed at Mr.Lee lying in that casket. He looked like he was at rest. I prayed for him before heading back to my parents. Donghae and his family cried and cried. Their tears just wouldn't stop. I could tell that Donghae was crying the most. He truly loved his father.

Junsu told me that Donghae was the King of Tears. He would cry for his friends if they were in pain or feeling sad. He's such a good friend.

I knew how Donghae felt though. My Grandpa died when I was 9. My parents wanted to speak to Eunhyuk and Junsu's parents and Donghae's mom so I sat next to Donghae. "Our deepest condolences." I heard them tell her.

He rested his head on my shoulder. I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Oppa, you know he's watching over you right?" He nodded. "So you shouldn't cry anymore. He's in a better place now. He wouldn't want to see you cry all the time,"

He wiped his tears. "Yeah i know, but I still can't accept the fact that he's gone." He looked over to the casket. 

"You know I'll always be here for you. Just talk to me about it." I told him.

"You know I'm a good listener also!" Junsu whispered from behind us. 

"Thanks you two." He hugged us both. Then we went to the graveyard to bury him and say a few last words. I placed the flowers I was holding into the tomb.

After Mr. Lee was buried, everyone went to Victory Restaurant. We reserved the whole restaurant since there were 150 people who attended.

As we were eating, Yunho's dad stood up and wanted to speak. "Dongju was a very considerate man, which is why Donghae's so kind. He was also very intelligent, which is why Donghwa is so good at math." Some people chuckled. Donghae and Donghwa smiled. "I remember when we first met in high school. We were sitting right next to each other in homeroom and we just clicked. We were friends for 22 years. It makes me wonder how time flew by so fast."

Yunho looked at his dad, wanting to talk also. He sat down and Yunho stood up. "Dongju Ahjusshi was like my real uncle. I knew him since birth. He gave me good advice. Whenever I visited him with Donghae, he made really good food for me." 

One by one, everyone talked about him. Donghae was the last to speak. "Dad... he supported me so much when I told him I wanted to be a professional swimmer. It was his dream before also but he wasn't able to accomplish it. That's why he let me move to Seoul on my own so I could fulfill my dream. But I wish... he could see me swim one last time, not on T.V. but in person." His tears started to fall again.

"For Dongju-sshi!" Appa shouted as he lifted his drink.

"To let him have a good journey as he goes to Heaven. He'll always be with us, in our hearts." I claimed and everyone shouted cheers as they drank their drinks.

------------

I took Donghae home after everyone finished eating and wrapped up their conversations. My parents allowed me to stay for the night, knowing he didn't want to be alone.

"Gwenchana?" I asked him as I helped him bring his swimming gear from his old house into his closet.

"Yeah... I'm okay." He said before he embraced me from behind. "Can you sleep with me?"

"Oppa, do you realize what you're saying?" I instantly blushed, thinking things.

"I don't mean it like that. Just sleeping." He poked my cheek. "Are you always thinking about that or something? You ert." 

I shook my head and pondered about it before I agreed. I changed into my hello kitty pajamas before laying in his queen sized bed. Donghae was wearing a white tank top and basketball shorts.

"You should wear ier pajamas." He whispered.

I faced the opposite direction of him, not wanting to say anything.

"I was just kidding." He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Good night Oppa." I murmured. He kissed my cheek. "Good night you-ah." I wanted to make sure Donghae fell asleep before I would. But we ended up falling asleep at the exact same time. I guess it was because we were facing each other the whole time.

---------

Narrator

The next couple of days, Donghae swam more often. But that meant you didn't get to see him as much as you liked. He had quit his life guard job so he could focus on his swimming. Now that he was slowly getting famous, he wanted to become faster and get gold medals.

You spent time with Sooyoung and helped her out since her stomach had gotten larger. You also got a job at the aquarium Donghae took you to. Your dream was getting closer to you than you thought.

It was the day before prom. Donghae was sitting on the couch, watching his best friend Junsu surfing, when you came to his apartment.

He got up and hugged you. “Baby girl! How have you been? I missed you.” You pecked him on the cheek.

“Missed you too.” You noticed Junsu on the T.V. “You’re watching Dolphin?”

“Yeah. His dream came true.” Donghae spoke.

“Yours did too. You’re swimming at the nationals.” You remarked. “Your dad must be really proud of you.” You murmured the last part so he wouldn’t think about him and get sad.

Yours will soon.” Donghae claimed.

“I sure hope so. I came to tell you I got a job at the aquarium you took me to.”

“Chincha? That’s awesome. Congrats.”

“Thanks. All I do is feed the sea animals, but I just gotta work my way to the top.”

“Good luck. Hwaiting you-ah!” He smiled. It’s been a while since I saw him give me a sincere smile. I grinned back.

“Oppa, don’t forget to pick me up at 7:00pm tomorrow araso? I came to say that too.”

“Of course, I wouldn’t forget that.” He looked like he was lying though so you laughed and kissed him softly on the lips.

----------------------------

Donghae’s point of view

The night after, I picked you up from her home. She looked so beautiful, she took my breath away. I wondered how a dress could make her look like a goddess.

(Recap of the dresses on chap 31)

“You look so beautiful.” I told her.

“You look very handsome also, Oppa.” She blushed. I was never going to get tired of her blushing. It was all natural so I knew she didn’t need make up.

After we finished taking pictures with her parents, we left to the school. When we arrived, we realized that all the other kingkas had dates, or girlfriends. And none of them went to our school. Except for Hankyung’s. It was Jessica. I couldn’t believe Hankyung was willing to date her. I hoped he wouldn’t get used but it seemed Jessica wasn’t acting like her regular tish self. She looked like she was actually pretty decent for a girlfriend. I guess she was willing to change for him

I guess it was for the best. Hankyung got over Ri-In and Jessica wouldn’t have to chase Jaejoong and Yunho and Leeteuk around anymore.

“Oppa, let’s grab a drink.” you said over the music so we headed over to the food and drink table and grabbed a couple of sodas.

Appa’s and my song began to play. you somehow knew it was our song or something and asked to dance.

So I took her to the dance floor and I put my arms around her waist while she put her arms around my neck. We just swayed side to side, not caring about what the others were doing. It was only me and her. I wished time could have stopped right there and then.

But nope. The song had to end and we headed to where Yeonhee and Changmin were.

But as we headed over there, we heard a shot.

“What the heck is going on?” Changmin asked. But no one could answer him because someone screamed.