I WANT THAT FISH!

Loving a fish

Your point of view

We got out of the car and the men took me inside. They told me to turn off my phone so I obeyed them. My parents saw me and that was when they started to yell at me for the first time in my life.

"Choi you! You dare to live with a boy? A boy you haven't even introduced us to? How could you lie to us?" Appa shrilled.

"you, I"m really disappointed in you. Why did you tell us you were living with your friend? He was the reason why you didn't want to live with Sooyoung?" Omma asked.

I hesitantly nodded and told them everything. "Donghae was my friend at first and he offered me a room in his apartment to live in because Ri-In and Yeonhee couldn't. But I eventually fell for him and we're a couple now."

"Break up with him immediately." Appa demanded.

"What? Why?"

"We don't approve of him." Oma said.

"You guys haven't even met him yet!" I pointed out.

"We hired our spies to know about your whereabouts. We already know what he looks like. In fact, we're the ones that made those scholarship people offer Donghae a scholarship for swimming." Appa explained.

"That was you?" I couldn't help but feel disappointed. If Donghae found out about this, he would probably not accept it.

"You guys are too cruel. What's so bad about Donghae? He's nice and considerate. I love him. You guys never did this to me before. Getting these guys to kidnap me? I mean really? Did the bad business make you guys turn out to be like this?" I questioned. This was the first time I was talking back to my parents also.

"Why you! You haven't even dated him that long yet!" Appa looked like he was going to slap me but Omma stopped him.

"You don't want to become like Sooyoung's stepdad, do you?" She whispered though I had good hearing so I heard what she had said.

" Look.... the reason we don't want him to be with you is because he just can't. He has a job at his age and lives by himself. He's not rich and his parents are trouble too. He even went out with your cousin. Why did you fall for him? Just when we were about to get you a husband, we find out you have a boyfriend. No means no. You're breaking up with him." Omma said. 

I was teary-eyed by then. "This can't be. I don't want to! Find me a husband? Are you two trying to find a rich husband for me like an arranged marriage? Omona. This can be. No way!"

"We're sorry. But it's for you. It's not like we want to. There's no other option." Omma said.

"Yeah right. For me? No, it's for the company. I don't care if I'm rich or not in the future. You just want me to marry a rich guy so the business would go well. Just like with Sooyoung and Sungmin. Didn't you guys tell me back then that I could do whatever I want in the future in order to pursuit happiness? What happened? After you took me to Sea World, we haven't been able to spend any time together at all."

They were wordless for a few moments. But Appa finally spoke.

"We're sorry you-ah. It's just... the economy's been going downhill and we just want what's best for you. We're very sorry for the way we've been behaving. Not that much like parents huh?" he murmured.

"But you-ah, aren't there plenty of other fish in the sea? You don't have to marry the guy we pick for you. But can't you at least date someone else?"

"I want that fish! And that's final Omma."

She sighed and said "Fine. We'll let you guys date. You have to move out today. You're going to live with Sooyoung and that's final too."

"But Sooyoung's stepdad is really scary. He was the one that hurt you that day. You really want me to live with a man that's violent like that?"

They were speechless once again. "How do you know about that?"

"From someone. Anyway, why did you start talking to them? You had an argument with them and got on bad terms."

"Well, it had to do with your Grandfather's will." Appa began to explain. *So Sooyoung was right.*

"Involving who would inherit the money?"

"Yes. We really thought my brother died. But as it turns out, he's alive. And he was the one that accepted the money without knowing. Sooyoung's mom and Omma got into a misunderstanding thinking that the other was the one that took the money."

"So where is he then? And why is Sooyoung's mom still with that man?"

"We don't know the answer to both of them. But apparently, my brother is wanting to open up a new company that he's wiling to share with me. We got in contact once and he said once it's open, we'll take over it." Appa said. "Anyway, I thought that man was the one who forced Sooyoung's mom into taking the money. So I tried to reasonably talk with him but he was drunk and hit me for no reason. Since you know I'm hot tempered, I hit him back and that was when chaos struck."  He sighed.

"I see. Well I hope everything will be okay. I wonder how Sooyoung is having to deal with that man. What's his name, by the way?"

"Jung Hyukwan." Omma said bitterly. " I have no idea what your aunt sees in him. Anyway, I guess you can live with us in the meantime. Appa already called your school. We'll take you to school tomorrow."

"By the way, about that scholarship thing, we really do think that he deserves it. He should be in the Olympics." Appa stated.

"Yeah. He's amazing." I sighed.

"We're meeting him on Tuesday. Okay?" Appa claimed.

"Alright. You guys will like him." I smiled. We talked some more. I was glad to have solved things out with them.

------------------------------

Narrator

Your parents dropped you off at Donghae's, deciding to pick you up later. You were packing your things when Donghae came in.

"you? How come you weren't at school today? Are you sick?" He came in the room and noticed you putting your clothes in your bag.

"Aniyo. I met up with my parents today. They found out about me living with you and wanted me to move out today. Plus, they explained everything with Sooyoung and her family. Oh and they want to meet you on Tuesday if that's okay."

"Aww. I'll miss living with you and that's fine." He hugged you from behind.

"So how did it go?" You asked him.

"How did what go?" He pretended to be dense.

"The swimming scholarship! Did you get it?"

"Oh.... that..." He suddenly put a depressed face on.

"Aww... Oppa..." you were ready to comfort him.

"I GOT IT!" He exclaimed and jumped out of joy. He also hugged you several times.

"Oppa, you're going to suffocate me." He let go of you.

"I was right. I knew you would get it." He beamed and kissed you this time. Very passionately. To the point where it made you tingle with excitement. He asked for entrance as he wanted to deepen the kiss. You allowed him so your tongues were exploring each other's mouths.

It could have gotten farther but then his phone rang. You were glad that phone rang, or else you wouldn't have been able to control yourself.

"Yobosaeyo? Sungmin? Bwoh? What happened? We'll be there right away." Donghae hung up and took you to his car.

"What is it Donghae?" You asked, really worried.

"It's Sooyoung. She's in the hospital."