Sea World

Loving a fish

Your point of view

"you! We're going to Sea World!" Omma said to me. I was 8 at the time.

"Really? Yay!" I was so excited I couldn't help but squeal out of joy.

We eventually arrived at Sea World and I was astonished at all the  animals there. My parents told me that we would save seeing the orca whales and dolphins for last. In the mean time, we rode the rides and looked at the penguins and fish. We also petted the mantis rays and sea turtles.

It was finally time to see the orca whales. We sat in the front row knowing we would get soaked. I didn't care. I wanted a close up of Shamu. The show started with 3 of the orca whales jumping up and looking at the crowd. I was so  amazed at them. One of the orca whales looked at me. I knew it did, I could just tell. It's fin wasn't curved like the other two were so I was assuming that it was Shamu. It jumped and splashed us.

"You did that on purpose!" I laughed. I looked as the trainers were feeding them fish and petted them. They looked really happy. They jumped out of the water at their command. I had managed to get a picture of Shamu with me in front of him. It looked like he was smiling along with me.

"I'm gonna be a sea animal trainer when I grow up!" I declared. And I hadn't changed my mind ever since. Not even after 10 years.

 

I was scuba diving in the ocean looking at all the fish in the sea. It was what made me happy the most. It calmed me whenever I had a bad day and always excited me. I saw new things everyday. I was in a completely different world.

 After I  finished, I went home. My parents were going to announce something. I listened to what they were gonna say.

"you, we're going to move to Korea!" Appa shouted.

"What? Why? Your're joking right?" I would have to leave my friends and the ocean I loved so much.

"We bought a house there! Your dad found a new business there also. Since you only have a year left of high school, we decided that we would move to Korea. We'll go to the beach everyday if you want to. We leave in 3 days."

"Fine." I murmured. I went upstairs and started to pack my things.

*The beach there better be as awesome as the one here.* I sighed as I looked at the picture of Shamu and me.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Donghae's point of view

"Come on Donghae! You can go faster than that!" My coach shouted at me as I was doing the backstroke. I was only 9 at the time. I had wanted to learn how to swim since I was 3. 

The back was hard for me to do at first, but I managed to get it in time before the test was coming.

It was the day of the test. It was to dertermine if those of us could go to the nationals.

I had trained really hard from day 1. It was finally my turn. I could see that 5 people were eleminated already. I gulped since I was really nervous. But I tried not to show it, especially in front of my parents. As soon as the gun went off, I dove into the water. The water kept splashing at me as my arms kept hitting the water. I went as fast as I could.

I had to go 300 yards in 40 seconds. I didn't think I would make it at first but as I touched the wall on the other side, I heard cheers and applauds. "Lee Donghae finished with the time of 37.5 seconds!" 

I was so happy you couldn't even imagine. I could see my parents full of joy. My coach gave me two thumbs up.

Swimming wasn't a hobby to me. It was my profession. My life. Without it, I would be incomplete.

----------------------------------------------------

Junsu's point of view

I laughed as the waves got bigger and bigger. "COWABUNGA!" I was on my favorite board riding the biggest wave I had ever seen. I was 10 at that time. I was so care free that I didn't care what was happening around me. I couldn't believe my eyes by the time I realized what happened. The other surfers had fallen from their boards.

I was still on mine! I was surprised. People with much more experience than me were falling through the waves, trying to get back on land. I then decided, that I would become the best of the best at surfing.

I loved it so much, I loved it more than I loved girls.