Chapter Thirty

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Haeri’s POV

“There.” I pointed at my house from across the street and he turned his head toward the direction I was pointing to.

“Got it! Thank you,” he shook my hair lightly before he crossed the street jogging toward my house.

Umm... I don’t see why he thought its okay for him to just shake my hair but okay i'll just let it slip.

I walked back home as well and stood beside him waiting for my mom to open the door because I forgot my keys at home. He was startled when he saw me beside him.

“Oh since I made it here, its okay you can leave now.” He said pointing toward the end of the road where we came from.

I scoffed but didn’t reply. I just crossed my arms against my chest and waited patiently for my mom until finally she yelled a “comiiing,” her quick steps were heard.

“Yahh this is an important meeting don’t embarrass me just leave!” he whispered loudly and made gestures with his hands urging me to leave quickly.

The door opened before I got the chance to reply and we were welcomed with my mom’s smiling face. Both of our heads turned to her.

“Hello kids” she greeted sweetly, “please come in.”

He looked at me with confusion for a moment.

“This is my house dummy” I smirked with so much amusement and I know he mentally slapped himself for being so stupid but he immediately shook it off.

“Hello I’m Park Chanyeol!” he introduced himself excitedly and bowed twice for mom. So that’s the first time she’s meeting him too. “I’m so happy to finally meet you. My father was right when he said you’re so beautiful.” He complimented shyly making my mom laugh. “I’m so sorry for being late, my car decided to let me down tonight.” He smiled apologetically.

Oh wow he talks a lot.

“It’s okay don’t worry! Come on in please, dinner is ready.”

He bowed once more before he entered to the living room where Mr. Park was already sitting.

“He’s so polite and handsome!” my mom whispered to me almost squeaking, “come, come let me introduce you to his father.” She dragged me excitedly to the living room.

Chanyeol sat next to his father. Now that there’s enough light, I saw him clearly. They look alike; both are tall and have handsome features. And they look so rich.

“Hello Mr. Park” I bowed, “I’m Haeri, it’s nice to meet you.” He smiled widely and greeted me back in a very friendly way.

 

“Haeri-ya would you mind serving the cake?” my mom asked after dinner.

“Sure,” I stood up and on my way to the kitchen I heard Mr. Park telling Chanyeol to come and help me.

“Uh- about earlier” he spoke from behind me, “I didn’t know-“

“It’s okay,” I laughed while slicing the chocolate cake. He did look like a complete fool asking me to leave but I decided not to about it.

“Let me take it” he said taking the tray of cake that I was holding to the living room.

“Kids you don’t have to sit here if you don’t want to. Haeri why don’t you show Chanyeol around the house?” my mom said. I guess she knew both I and Chanyeol were getting bored as she and Mr. Park kept talking to each other.

I looked at him waiting for a signal to know if he wanted me to show him around and he nodded excitedly.

“Well, and last but not least of course, this here is my room” I said as I entered it and threw myself on bed. I was tired from walking and running around earlier.

“You have a lovely house” he said following me inside and looking around. “This is so cute!” he beamed holding my stuffed bunny.

“Yah give me that” I stretched my arm and snatched it away from him.

“Why? Is it from your boyfriend?” he wiggled his eyebrows playfully making me laugh.

“In fact, it is.” I said hugging my precious bunny.

He opened his mouth to say something but stopped when my mother’s head popped from behind the door, “Chanyeol-ah, your father is leaving now. He asked me to call you but you can stay if you guys are having fun.”

“It’s okay I will leave with him since I don’t have my car.” My mom just nodded and left. He stood up from the small sofa that’s facing my bed and walked to the door, but then he paused and turned to me, “We’re not done talking yet, next time you should tell me more about your boyfriend” he said pointing at me. “Oh and, its nice meeting you, sister” he smiled widely and waved before stepping out.

My eyes widened when I heard him calling me “sister” but it somehow felt good. He’s so weird but not in a bad way. He’s easy going I honestly had no problem being around him.

I found myself smiling while still hugging the bunny into my chest at the thought of meeting Chanyeol and Mr. Park because I got real positive vibes from them.

“They’re nice right?” I asked it as if it could reply. Looking at my cute little bunny, I missed my sweet cute angel Yixing so much so I grabbed my phone and dialed his number hoping he’d pick up.

“Baby!” My heart skipped a beat hearing his voice after almost losing hope that he’d pick up.

“Yixing-ahhh I miss youuuu” I lied back on my bed almost yelling from happiness. I was in a great mood and listening to his voice made me feel even better.

“Oh my God I miss you so much my little princess.” Damn how I missed his voice. Hearing it makes me miss him and miss all the times we spent together more and more.

“Guess what Yixing!” I sat up straight on bed so excited and ready to tell him about my new step-father and step-brother to be. He didn’t reply; there were incoherent voices around him talking.

“Haeri-ya, I’m so sorry baby I have to go I’ll call you later okay?” he sounded in a hurry.

“Uh- okay, I love you.” I understand that he gets busy, I really do, but I still couldn’t help but feel a sting of disappointment.

“I love you too” he said quickly before hanging up.

 

I was sitting in Chanyeol’s fancy black Mercedes as he was driving me and my mom to their house. They invited us for dinner and he came personally to pick us up though I noticed later they have a driver. He kept cracking lame/funny jokes all the way which made the ride really comfortable.

It was obvious that the Mr. Park is rich but I was still shocked when I saw their house, or should I say villa? It is so big and it has this huge colorful garden filled with the most beautiful flowers. They have a big pool as well. For two people that house is too huge.

“So, you want me to show you around before dinner?” Chanyeol suggested since dinner was to be served in about 30 minutes. I wasn’t sure if 30 minutes are enough to tour this house but I was excited to see it so I agreed.

 “This room is mine,” he opened the door of another huge bedroom having a bed that looked so very comfortable.

“Woah you play the guitar?” I grabbed the guitar that was on his bed and sat there placing it on my lap.

“Yeah” he said taking a seat next to me.

“Let me hear!” I handed him the guitar. He didn’t want to at first but I insisted.

When he started playing the guitar, I watched his face. His eyes looked sad, he was staring at his fingers that were moving over the strings; his music too, sounded sad.

“It’s so beautiful” I said softly after he finished, “but it’s not familiar.”

“Really? Thank you! Actually I… composed that.”

HE COMPOSES TOO. 

“So are you planning to be a musician or something?” I asked curiously but he laughed right away.

“No I’m a mechanical engineering student to be” he said proudly.

“Oh wow!” this guy is full of surprises. “Which university?”

“Seoul National University.”

“REALLY? DAMN! ME TOO.”

“REALLY? HIGH FIVE!” he yelled raising his hand in the air to high five me and I instantly hit it causing both of us to laugh out loud.

We soon stopped laughing and turned to the housekeeper who came to tell us that dinner is ready. Chanyeol nodded and thanked her politely for informing us.

“Let’s go eat I’m so hungry!” he said happily and we both stood up to go. “Hey Haeri,” he spoke on our way to the dining room, “I’m really glad you came,” he smiled, “I’m glad to have a sister like you, I hope it's okay to call you sister.”

I wanted to reply but we already reached the room where my mother and Mr. Park were waiting for us.

“Come on kids let’s have dinner,” said Mr. Park. I bowed slightly before I took a seat next.

 

 

When I and my mother left, it was already late at night. I went straight to bed but I didn’t sleep. I was thinking about how happy it makes me that my mother got to meet someone like Mr. Park and the best part is that the guy who had to become my step brother is someone likeable. It didn't take me too long to feel really comfortable around him. It's like we're meant to be siblings.

I feel like Chanyeol is very comfortable around me too. After spending a lot of time with him today, I understood that living alone with his father who’s always busy made him lonely most of the times. He has a good relationship with his father but still he never got to see him much. He always wished he had a brother or a sister, that’s why he said that getting to meet me made him so happy.

 

I touched the necklace that never leaves my neck. I looked at my phone; it said 12:03 A.M. I called Yixing, and after the fifth beep, an unexpected voice answered me.

“Hello,” a girl’s voice answered.

I checked my phone’s screen again to make sure I didn’t dial the wrong the number and no I didn’t. “Who is this?” I asked.

“Who are you?” the girl asked back and I felt like the blood started boiling inside my veins.

“Where is Yixing?” I snapped at her.

“Haeri-ya,” Yixing took the phone from her and spoke.

“Who the hell was that Yixing?” I gritted my teeth trying to control my anger.

“Oh that, that’s just a trainee here. Baby I miss-“

“Why the hell is a trainee there answering your damn phone?”

“Baby the phone was away from me I didn’t hear it. Just now I saw her-“ his relaxed tone made me angrier because I was obviously pissed and he didn’t seem affected.

“I don’t get why she thinks she can pick up your phone and ask ME who I am, unless you two are that close that she thinks she has the right to?”

“Haeri don’t be like this, it wasn't me who allowed her, she was probably just trying to be nice.”

“What the hell!”

“Oh come on did you call to fight? I miss you like hell could you just talk to me about us instead of her?” he hissed as he was probably trying not to yell.

“I called because I obviously ing missed you too but I didn’t know your FRIEND would be picking up.”

“We are in the training room and she just picked up because I didn’t hear my phone, so don’t overreact.” He said firmly.

“I am not overreacting!”

“Listen I have to go now because the break is over, Haeri let me call you later.”

“Goodnight Yixing.” I hang up before waiting for his reply.

I threw the phone on the sofa facing my bed after setting it on silent and went to sleep.

 

 

“MOMMMM” I yelled at 7 A.M from upstairs all the way downstairs to the kitchen where my mom was drinking orange juice. “IT’S TODAY IT’S TODAY IT’S TODAY!!” I yelled excitedly and she laughed nervously. “Mom are you nervous?” I smirked playfully.

“Haeri-ya, are you really okay with this? I don’t want to be putting you through things you don’t want” she answered worriedly.

“Mom I really love Mr. Park and Chanyeol, I really respect them a lot and I’m comfortable around them. And knowing they make you happy too, makes me the happiest.” I assured her and hugged her. She hugged me back tightly.

I still got pissed every time I remember about that night I called Yixing. When he was here, he was so close to me and I knew he was just mine but now him spending time with other girls keeps stressing me out. He said he’d call me back but all he did was text me an apology.

Okay let’s not lie he called once but I missed it because it was 2 AM here and I was asleep.

I wished he was here with me on a day like this; my mother’s wedding. Mom and Mr. Park had been dating for few months even before i met him, so they figured there was no reason to delay it anymore since they are already happy together. Besides, it really isn’t a big wedding and my mom refused to wear a white wedding dress. She barely agreed to wear a white knee-length simple dress.

And the only people invited were some of my mom’s friends and few of Mr. Park’s friends. Also mine, including Kyungsoo, and two friends of Chanyeol.

 

Seeing my mother getting married is the most overwhelming thing ever. A part of my heart broke at the thought of my father. My father who died long ago, is he watching us? Would it be hurting him? I wanted him to know that no one will ever take his place, and I won’t love anyone the way I love him. He is my dad, I will never forget that.

Another part was happy. Mr. Park made my mom’s life better. He made her happier and I could finally relax knowing that if I ever leave her she’d still have someone there beside her. We as humans can’t live alone and she’s still young to continue the rest of her life without a partner.

“Cool huh?” I turned to my right, it was Chanyeol. He stood beside me watching my mom and his dad exchanging vows and rings. “Seeing our parents getting married,” he beamed happily. He truly loves my mother and that’s something I appreciate so much.

“They look good together,” I smiled.

He leaned closer to my ear when they finished their vows and were announced husband and wife, and he said “Welcome to the family, my sister.”

Behind the always playful and loud giant baby image of his, there’s a very sweet and sincere person.

“Thank you, my brother.” A genuine smile lingered on my face because I now have an amazing brother who’s my damn age.

 

After the wedding was over, my mom traveled with my now stepdad for their honeymoon and I was told to stay at my stepdad’s house because they had too many extra rooms and it made mom “worry less” about me. That was temporary though, only till mom comes back then we’d discuss where I stay.

When I finished taking a shower, I checked the clock on the wall it said its 12:30 AM. I was so tired from wearing heels all day so I threw myself on the pile of fluffy pillows and it felt so good. It is fluffier than my bed to be honest.

I checked my phone that I ignored all day. Ugh… I found three missed calls from Yixing. I hate missing his calls. I also found a message from him that said: Haeri-ya… are you still mad at me? Why don’t you answer my calls? :(

Just thinking about his pout drove me crazy and I immediately called him.

“Hello, this is Yixing’s phone but he is not available right now.” The call was disconnected. I’m not sure if it’s the same or a different one but I almost smashed my phone.

I sent him a kakaoTalk message:

  • Where are you?

(25 minutes later)

  • I was taking a shower, baby why didn’t you reply my calls earlier?
  • If you were taking a shower who the hell is the girl that picked up when I called you half an hour ago? Why is there a girl where you’re taking a shower!!!

Instead of replying to my message he called.

“Yes?” I answered coldly because I just can’t act as if everything is okay.

“Eh what’s with the cold tone?” he asked.

“You already know. Who is she and what the hell-“

“Haeri please not again…” he interrupted, “I was taking a shower after gym and my stuff were left outside I can’t shower with the phone in my hand you know!”

“But why does she answer your phone Yixing? Who is she to you? I don’t understand!” I yelled and he yelled back surprising me.

“I don’t know who allowed her to answer my ing phone okay? She just did it without my permission how is that my fault?”

“And you expect me to be okay with it?”

“I expect you to trust me!”

“I do trust you but that’s the second time I call and a girl answers your phone Yixing what do you expect me to feel?”

“Like I said I expect you to trust me.”

“Yeah well it’s hard when you’re a thousand miles away and busy literally all the time and on top of all A GIRL THAT I DON’T KNOW KEEPS ANSWERING YOUR DAMN PHONE!”

“Would you stop yelling? Is it my fault that I’m busy? Is it a reason for you not to trust me? You do understand that without trust we can’t work out right?”

“A-Are you trying to break up with me?” I was nervous.

“What? Of course not Haeri what the hell?" Then he softened "Baby I would never… Haeri I love you.”

I suddenly felt like crying. I miss him, I miss having him beside me and cuddling with him and smelling his scent that makes me feel safe and secure. The fact that he’s so far away is frustrating. Long distanced relationships are much harder than I expected…

“You know what Yixing,” my voice calmed down “let’s just talk later, I’m tired and I want to sleep.”

“Could you this time at least say that you love me before you hang up?” his voice got softer, and sadder.

“I love you Yixing. I really do.”

I hang up and cried because even the warm cozy bed felt so cold. At that moment only Yixing’s warmth could have kept me warm.

But he’s very far away and i'm sick of it. This distance is messing our relationship and I just want him back as soon as possible.

----------------------------

Okay i know i mentioned someone named Chanyeol in the first chapters as a student but let's just say that was someone else LOL

I don't even get myself sometimes, when i was writing the chapter i had Suho in mind all the time and then as i was writing the part it suddenly occured to me that i'm making it Chanyeol so yeah...

Can Yixing just come back already to make the story kinda interesting again? Yeah i'll be working on that soon...

Btw our precious angel injured himself today t^t i hope he's fine... <3