Chapter Twenty-six

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Haeri’s POV

“Uhh everything is getting so stressful,” I complained to Yixing as we were sitting on his couch after school eating potato chips.

I decided to apply for Seoul National University and even though I knew I didn’t have much chance to make it in, I was willing to try my best to score a high mark on my entrance exam.

Then of course our national exams would come soon after my entrance exam and I had trouble with few subjects like physics.

I hate physics.

I seriously hate physics.

Yixing on the other hand didn’t decide which university he was attending yet.

I would lie if I said that I didn’t wish he’d apply for Seoul National University too, but love is one thing and personal dreams and goals are totally another thing.

The important thing is for us to stick to each other and support each other no matter where we go and what we do in life.

“Starting tomorrow, you should focus on studying for your entrance exam more, but don’t be too stressed trust me you can do this.” He encouraged and I nodded agreeing.

“I will, I really will try my best,” I said and I meant it. “Did you decide yet what you’re gonna do after we graduate?”

“U-uh not yet,” he replied before stuffing his mouth with chips.

“Yah! Leave me some,” I scolded playfully hitting his shoulder.

“Haeri,” he placed the huge bag of chips that we were both eating from aside and wiped his hands using a tissue before he turned to me.

“Yes baby?” I questioned his serious tone.

“We’ll stick to each other no matter what right?”

I looked at his worried eyes. Did he really think I’d let him go if we went for different universities?

“Pabo, I won’t let you go no matter what” I narrowed my eyes at him, “and I’d kill you if you ever considered leaving me.”

His worried eyes soon shined showing happiness and relief.

“I love you so much!!!!” he yelled startling me for a moment but then I giggled and hugged him tight.

I leaned my forehead against his and wrapped my hands together behind his neck, “I love you even more” I said before crashing my lips into his sweet tender lips that I love more than anything.

He held my waist and pulled me closer to him deepening our kiss and taking me to some other world with every gentle touch.

 

 

 

“Yeah Eunha is coming too,” I told Jina excitedly over the phone.

It’s been so long since they both had a sleep over at my house and I was so excited.

Fixing my relationship with them was one of my main goals to fix my whole life because without them, I realized, I could never be completely happy.

I ran down stairs when the bell rang to open.

“Heyy you came together!” I hugged them both. My voice was louder than usual; I think it’s the effect of my happiness.

“We actually arrived at the same time by coincidence,” said Eunha taking off her boots and Jina nodded.

I closed the door and the three of us ran to my bedroom where we used to spend time whenever they visited.

“I’m hungryyyy” was literally the first thing Jina said as she threw herself on my bed before me and Eunha followed and threw ourselves on my bed as well.

“I already bought snacks and ordered pizza,” I barely said that and they both went crazy cheering happily.

I can’t blame them though.

Pizza is life.

“YES BECAUSE WE GOTTA CELEBRATE OUR NEW COUPLE!” I yelled sitting straight on bed and Jina laughed covering her blushed cheeks.

“NOW SHE’S BLUSHING!” laughed Eunha.

“Sooooo!!!!” I urged, “are you guys doing well?” I asked her wanting to know more details.

“We’re doing great! He’s such a sweetheart you know? He’s smart and cute and squishy. He respects me and asks for my opinion and cares about what I actually think. He makes me feel like I really mean a lot to him,” she looked so happy and proud talking about them two and it made me so happy.

“I think you guys are a perfect match” I said honestly and Eunha nodded.

“They’re so cute you should see them when they’re together,” she laughed and Jina hit her arm lightly, “he’s even helping her study for her entrance exam and for national exams too” Eunha continued and Jina nodded proudly.

“Yeah we’re taking the exam together since we’re both applying to SNU, so we study together and he’s very smart he’s being very helpful and patient with me.”

I could tell she was very happy and it seriously made me happy.

“SNU?” I asked to make sure I didn’t hear it wrongly.

“Yes!” Eunha confirmed it, “I’m applying there too actually.”

“Woah if we got accepted we’re attending the same university!” we hollered and jumped on bed holding hands like crazy girls.

I got the pizza from the delivery guy when he finally came and ran back up stairs so we could have dinner while continuing our talk.

Seriously though, girls’ nights are the best.

“So what about Sehun and Jongin?” I asked taking a huge bite of my delicious slice.

“They’re applying for Seoul Arts University,” Eunha replied while still chewing.

“Woah really?! I’m so happy they decided to follow their dreams and pursue what they actually love!”

I knew they both love dancing so much ever since they were kids, but their parents didn’t support their dreams that much before. Apparently that changed and it made me glad.

“Oh that reminds me!” Jina snapped grabbing our attention.

“What?”

“The whole Jongin thing” she said, “yeah we’re fixing that because you two pieces of were the closest and I do not approve the distance between you both now” she glared and scolded.

“True Haeri, he’s so sad like even when he’s smiling a part of him is still sad,” Eunha added, “he misses you so much… even we miss your friendship.”

“I miss him too,” I confessed, “so much honestly.”

“Then?” asked Eunha.

“He confessed to me and ever since that happened everything was ruined…” it made me sad talking about it.

“He told us,” Jina said. “He also told us that he regretted what he did because he already knew you liked Yixing and he shouldn’t have done it.”

“Yeah and he also said he’s been avoiding you because he’s afraid you hate him now” said Eunha.

“WHAT?” I shouted, “I thought he was avoiding me because HE hates ME now.”

“See this whole thing is just a misunderstanding,” said Jina, “there’s also many other things I’m sure he wants to tell you.”

“Yeah we’ll fix it so you two can stay alone and talk about everything okay?” Eunha looked at me waiting for my reply.

Although it made me nervous, I agreed. It’s about time to fix things with Jongin.

 

It was already 11:20 pm and we were still chatting and laughing loudly. It’s a Friday night and it’s okay to stay up late.

Eunha was teasing Jina who was texting Kyungsoo when my phone vibrated too.

From: Baby <3

You’re still awake right? I hope you’re having fun with your friends ^^ I miss you ~

I smiled reading his message.

I heard Eunha scoffing and murmuring something like “Y’all smiling and blushing to your screens,” and it made me laugh but neither I nor Jina replied her because we were both busy texting Yixing and Kyungsoo.

To: Baby

I am, and yes I am =P I miss you too

And… Thank you Yixing-ah <3

I thanked him for everything, because it felt like if it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t be smiling now.

From: Baby <3

I love you Haeri-ya

To: Baby <3

I love you too

 

 

OUCH.

I rubbed my forehead after I got a smack on it that woke me up.

“Eunha” I hissed in pain, “I knew it was you.”

My bed is big enough for two but small for three and being crowded with Jina and Eunha, I knew it was Eunha who hit me.

It’s her who always moves in her sleep.

It was 7:30 am, I left them sleeping and went downstairs because I couldn’t fall back asleep.

The weather was good; I grabbed a soda from the fridge and went outside to stand under the bright sunlight.

“Good morning beautiful.”

I heard the familiar voice that I love so much and I smiled so widely but I honestly saw nothing because my eyes were still closed.

He wrapped his strong arms around my tiny body and pulled me in for a warm embrace. I inhaled his amazing scent, a mixture of his perfume with the natural smell of his skin.

“You weirdo still drinking soda early in the morning” he whispered to my ear and I giggled.

“Good morning handsome” I replied with my hoarse voice. I didn’t get enough sleep.

“Open your eyes to see your handsome man then” he teased.

I hardly opened them and looked at him, he had been running and his hair was messy and he looked so good I wanted to kiss the hell out of him but I decided to control my hormones.

“Pftt I shouldn’t have opened them” I said flatly.

“What?!” he frowned looking so cute, “Yah Kang Haeri!”

I suppressed my laughter and tried to keep a poker face but failed eventually because he was way too cute and adorable when his eyes rounded in surprise then changed to a frown until he ended up making a sad face.

NOT THE SAD FACE.

I CANNOT HANDLE YIXING’S SAD POUT.

“NO I CANNOT HANDLE THE SAD FACE YIXING” I warned him to stop but he didn’t, instead he acted sadder.

“Okayy okayyy I admit my baby is the most handsome man in this universe” I gave up and a devilish smirk replaced that pout he had before. “Bastard” I murmured and he laughed before taking my lips in a sudden swift move and kissing me passionately.

Made my morning <3

 

Yixing’s POV

I saw my beautiful weird girlfriend drinking soda very early in the morning. I can’t with her weirdness sometimes, but that’s what makes her her.

My special Haeri that I love more than anything.

“So what’s your plans for today?” I asked still holding her small waist after we pulled away from our beautiful morning kiss.

“I’m gonna study with Eunha and Jina for our entrance exam. They’re attending SNU too” she beamed and it felt good seeing her so happy.

“Wow the three of you attending the same university! That’s great!” I cheered for her.

“YES YES” I smiled when she jumped like a cute little kid in my arms.

We talked for few more minutes before she went back inside and I walked back home.

I decided not to distract her today because she needs to study.

 

I sat on my bed after I took a shower and ate my breakfast. I took out a picture of me with Haeri that we took in a photo booth during a date.

In the picture which is actually a selca, her beautiful long hair was let down covering a bit of my face as her head leaned on mine. Her eyes shined and her pretty pink lips formed a huge happy smile. I still remember how my heart fluttered when my cheek touched her soft baby skin.

“I wouldn’t survive without you…” I whispered to myself, my thumb Haeri’s face in the picture.

Flashback to few days ago

“Yixing-ah!” Minseok hyung began talking as soon as he stepped in my house, he seemed really excited.

“Please come in” I was saying but by the time I finished the sentence he was already sitting on the couch.

“I was with a friend that happens to be a manager in an agency when we passed by the poster of you modeling for that jeans brand. He looked at it confused saying that your face didn’t seem familiar so I explained for him that you are not and idol. He asked how i knew and i told him more about you.” He smirked like I was supposed to understand the rest.

“Eh?” I asked.

“Ahh forever clueless…” he laughed, “THEIR COMPANY WANTS YOU!”

“M-me?!” I pointed at myself not quite sure I understand what’s going on.

“Yes they want to train you for modeling and acting!!” he yelled excitedly.

My heart went crazy, beats doubled and tripled and at some point I felt like it wasn’t even beating.

“T-trainee?” I stuttered nervously.

“Yes! They want to take you to America for a whole year to train there under their supervision of course they’d be providing place to live and food and all the training you need.”

Holy !

America?

One year?!

“Wait wait… hyung… this is too much to process right now… America? One year?!”

“Geez Yixing what’s so complicated and hard to understand?”

“I- I don’t know what to say…”

A part of me was jumping happily for the offer because when I modeled for that new brand I enjoyed it so much. I felt like I could do this forever, I kinda had the passion for it.

But America for one year means me away from Haeri for one complete year…

I can’t live without her…

“It’s okay Yixing-ah there’s no pressure. You have about a month or a bit more to think about it. Take your time and think well then let me know” he winked at me and left after saying he has somewhere to go.

 

I still didn’t make up my mind. I wanted to talk about it to Haeri first but I’m scared.

I’m scared of her reaction.

I’m scared she would leave me and never wait for me to come back if I left.

I’m scared I wouldn’t be able to live one full year without her.

Would she wait for me?

Would she forget about me if I left?

I didn’t want to distract her now that she’s studying for her entrance exams so I decided to postpone the topic till after she’s done.

------------------------------------------

Sorry if there are any typos ><