Chapter Thirty-three

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Chanyeol’s POV

From what I heard from Haeri’s friends, Haeri and Yixing were so much in love and they had a very solid relationship. Apparently everyone knew how much Yixing loved her and that makes me hope he still does. It’s been 7 months since they broke up and over a year since the last time they were together. Like actually together and next to each other.

I know 7 months is a good time to get over someone but looking at her, she still loves him I know it for sure.  If she still hasn’t gotten over him yet, then maybe he didn’t get over her either.

The reason why I want them to get back together is because I’ve seen her cry so hard just because she missed him. Even 4 months after their break up, she’d still fall asleep crying sometimes, and till today anytime we pass by his old house where she said they spent most of their time together, she’d still look at it sadly.

All I want is to see her happy again, just like she was in all the photos where she had Yixing standing next to her. That wide smile and the sparks in her eyes have to come back.

It was 11:20 PM; I was lying on the couch in front of the TV thinking about how to make my plan of helping Haeri and Yixing getting back together work. “Would you lower the volume please?” I asked that rude sister of mine because I was having trouble focusing but she simply replied with a “Nope.”

“Haeri, can I ask you something?” I ignored her rudeness.

“Hmm” she answered with her eyes still focused on the screen. I wanted to understand her better so that I can know whether she wanted to back with him in the first place.

“Why exactly did you break up with Yixing?”

She looked at me then at the ground before shifting her gaze back to the TV.

“Why are you asking now?”

“Just because” I shrugged. “You do love him so why didn’t you stick to him?”

“There’s no point of talking about it now. It’s over.”

“But still, I want to know. Based on what I know he really did love you so much, he must have been badly hurt.”

She turned off the TV and turned to me.

“That time wasn’t easy for me either. You won’t understand Chanyeol I was used to having him with me literally all day. We did everything together, we went everywhere together, and we’d eat together, study together, clean together, go shopping together, even play and fight together. He was all I had. And then one day he had to leave and I thought okay I can wait a year right? But nothing was ever the same again, we barely ever spoke, and when we did speak we’d mostly end up fighting. He would always cut the phone call and he’d always forget about anything I tell him. And I know he was working hard I know that, but I couldn’t take it anymore, my weakness got the best in me and at that time I thought to myself that I can’t go on like that anymore.”

She let out a deep breath after talking, it seems like she was holding a lot inside of her ever since she saw him again.

“And now you’re over it?” I asked her because to make my plan work I should be sure she still wants to be with him.

“I regretted it, I really did but I know he hates me now for leaving him like that,” she continued with a sadder tone. “I saw it in his eyes. He never looked at me the way he did that night in the party. But I can’t blame him right?”

“But he’s back Haeri you can just talk to him and fix it!”

“Just talk to him and fix it? It can’t be that simple. It doesn’t work just like that” she stood up, “I’ll just go to sleep.”

I nodded.

“Don’t stay up too late. Good night Chanyeol.”

“Okay, goodnight.”

 

 

My phone screen was flashing indicating that someone is calling me. I excused myself from the table where we were having breakfast when I saw it was Eunha calling because I didn’t want to speak to her in front of Haeri.

“Morning Eunha.”

“Morning. So listen, I stalked him for a while and I got his hotel address, but I heard him mentioning something about searching for a new place. He’s going to have lunch with someone then he said he needs to buy a few things but I’m not sure yet from where. Oh and he said he needs fresh air so I’m guessing he’s gonna take a walk in the park tonight.”

“Oh wow how did you know all that?”

She laughed, “As I was following him I overheard his phone call with someone I’m guessing is his manager because Yixing gave him the plan for the whole day and based on what I heard I picked up some information.”

“Ahh wow I’m impressed.”

“Well, luck did help because honestly I saw him by coincidence, he was having a morning run and so I followed him.”

“Yeah we’re lucky.”

“So what’s next?”

“We must make them meet. Let’s say Haeri might end up having a walk alone in the park tonight, and let’s say she’ll ‘coincidentally’ meet someone there” I smirked by the thought of it.

“I like what you’re thinking” she laughed, “then I’ll send you the names of all the places he said he’ll visit by text message.”

“Okay thank you!”

~*~

Haeri’s POV

“So where are we going?” I asked Chanyeol who suggested we go out.

“I don’t know anywhere” he said as he was fixing his seatbelt before he started the engine.

He drove for around 10 minutes not heading to any particular place but I didn’t mind because the weather was nice and I enjoyed the music played on the radio.

“Yah! Don’t text while driving I’m not ready to die yet.”

“E-eh? Yeah sorry” he smiled sheepishly and tucked his phone in his pocket. He drove a bit more until he parked by the supermarket, “Let’s go get some chips and chocolate.”

I happily jumped out the car because junk food is life and I was ready to buy them.

“Haeri-ya, I’ll get the chocolate and you go get noodles I want to have noodles tonight.” Chanyeol was practically pushing me toward the noodles’ aisle.

“No but I want to choose my own chocolate bars!”

“Okay okay but first go get the noodles, palliii go I want spicy flavors.” He pushed me again.

That freak. I decided not to argue with him and just go get his stupid noodles before going to pick my babies next.

 

“Aishh! Why do they place the spicy ones so high?” I murmured as I was struggling to reach for the flavors Chanyeol asked for. No matter how hard I try to push my body up by standing on my toes I couldn’t reach them.

I froze suddenly when I heard a little laugh and a very familiar voice saying “Let me help you.” He extended his hand and grabbed the packs over my head, his chest was touching my back and his chin touched the top of my head.

I shut my eyes strongly trying to calm the crazy beats of my heart and to maintain the strength in my knees. I knew it was Yixing right there behind me and I was stuck between him and the shelves.

“You were struggling-“ he stopped talking when I turned to face him and he saw it was me, his sweet smile faded slowly.

“T-Thank you” I managed to say not daring to look him in the eye but I felt his gaze piercing into me. He stayed silent for a moment, probably shocked. My hands were both clutching the shelf behind me.

I could feel my heart pounding so hard against my chest. He was so close and I realized his smell that still didn’t change has now a stronger effect on me than it used to.

“How are you?” I finally uttered and looked up at his eyes for a second before lowering mine again. His gaze was too intimidating and I was scared of hearing his answer.

He scoffed bitterly. My question was too stupid right?

“I’m fine” he said, “here” he gave me the packs he was still holding and I realized when I extended my hands to take them how forcefully I was clutching onto the shelf as it left red marks on my palms.

He turned his back to me and left as soon as I took the packs from him, he didn’t ask how I was and he avoided carrying the conversation any further.

My hands were still shaking and my heart beats weren’t planning to slow down. It’s been so long since I stood that close to him, and I realized that I miss him so much. I miss him more than I thought I did.

And I love him more than anything in this world.

~*~

I opened Chanyeol’s bedroom door without knocking “Hey where-“ he interrupted me with a loud gasp as he removed the phone away from his ear “what?” I asked him not sure why he got so scared.

“N-nothing you just startled me” he said, “When will you learn to knock the door before entering.”

“Who were you talking to?” I narrowed my eyes at him and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

“No one” he smiled nervously.

“Yah Park Chanyeol” I walked closer to him. He knows I can tell when he’s lying. “What are you trying to hide from me?”

“Y-your phone is ringing don’t you wanna pick that up?” he pointed at my phone and got out of the room quickly.

Lucky him it was Jina so I picked up.

“WHAT?” I yelled “What do you mean you and Kyungsoo are breaking up?”

“We just had a huge fight and I don’t know…”

“Okay I’m coming over.”

“Wait Haeri, let’s meet somewhere else I feel like I need fresh air.”

“Okay then let’s meet at the café.”

“No let’s go to the park, meet me there in 30 okay? Don’t be late.”

“Okay.”

I went to my room and changed into denim shorts and black tank top with a black converse. I placed a light scarf around my neck and went out. My hair was already curled into loose waves from earlier.

 

 

To Jina: Jina where are you I’ve been walking around for 15 minutes

From Jina: Haeri I’m so sorry Kyungsoo just came to see me I can’t come. I’m sorry t^t

To Jina: No it’s okay. Fix it Jina, do not break up because I know you two love each other. Good luck babe.

It was already almost 9 PM. Jina said she wasn’t coming but I wasn’t upset, in fact I was really happy that she and Kyungsoo decided to talk about it instead of just breaking up. I wouldn’t want them to go through what I and Yixing did.

Thinking about him reminded me of the way he stood right in front of me in the supermarket and how it took all I had not to wrap my arms around him and tell him that I miss him like hell.

I sighed and kept walking in the park alone. Even though it was summer, the breeze got colder at night and I regretted not wearing something else.

As I was walking through an empty dark path, I felt like someone was walking after me, I clearly heard their footsteps.

“Hey babe.”

I turned my head to the voice, it came from a guy that looked like a bad boy from the way he placed his cigarette in the corner of his lips. He wore baggy clothes and a cap.

I turned and looked straight in front of me planning to run but someone who looked pretty much like the guy behind me and wore the same style as him stood in front of me.

Both of them took steps toward me getting closer and closer and I kinda felt trapped in between. I tried to run from the side but one of them held my wrist so tight.

“Don’t touch me!” I yelled pushing him away.

“Hushh babe I won’t bite” he smirked touching my chin.

“I can’t promise I won’t” said the other one and I suddenly felt his hand on my thigh.

“Get the away!” he held my hand as I was on my way to slap his ugly face and pulled me closer.

“Be a good girl” he hissed looking at me from head to toe.

My heart was beating fast I was disgusted and terrified I just wanted them to get the hell away from me.

I was about to break into tears when a flying punch hit the guy’s face right on the jaw.

“She asked you to get the away, didn’t you hear that?”

My hands covered my mouth after a loud gasp left my lips.

“Yixing watch out!” I shouted for him and he immediately turned to the other guy who was attacking him. Yixing kicked him on his stomach and punched his nose making him fall to the ground next to his friend.

“Are you okay?” he hurried to me and held my shoulders squeezing them slightly.

I nodded quickly, “I’m fine, I’m- oh my God!” I pointed at one of the guys who stood up waving his knife at us.

Yixing cursed between his teeth. He looked at me then at them and suddenly our hands were intertwined and we were running as fast as we could.

It felt like déjà-vu.

“Faster!” He yelled as I was having a hard time catching up with him.

“Wait- I… Yixing I can’t- I can’t catch up” I said between my heavy breaths.

“Just hold my hand tight and don’t let go!”

When he said that, I couldn’t care less about the two jerks running after us. I wasn’t scared at all. Yixing’s hand was holding mine like his life depended on it, and I knew I was safe. In return, I clutched his hand with all the strength I was given.

 “Oww!!” I hissed in pain.

“What happened??” he slowed down and asked worriedly.

“I think I twisted my ankle” I said bowing to hold my ankle. It was killing me.

“We’re already here. Get in,” he opened the door to a car I realized belonged to him or to his manager I don’t know.

He got in after closing my door.

“Thank you for helping me” I said.

He didn’t look at me; he just started the car and drove.

“Oh my God there’s blood on your hand” I barely touched the wound on his hand that was placed over the gear stick but he instantly pulled it away.

“I’m fine” he said coldly.

“But there’s blood on-“

“Do you know what could have happened if I wasn’t there?!” he yelled startling me. “They could have hurt you! God knows what they were planning to do to you! What the hell were you doing there alone at this time?”

“Why are you yelling at me?!” I yelled back.

“They could have ing hurt you Haeri” he hit the steering wheel angrily.

Why did my heart skip a beat hearing my name leaving his lips? It’s been so long since it sounded so beautiful.

“I’m okay now Yixing” I said softly, “thanks to you.”

He softened a bit but remained silent the rest of the ride.

My heart felt like it was melting; even if he didn’t say it I know he was worried about me.

“How is your ankle?” he asked coldly as he parked next to my stepdad’s house, “Do you want me to walk you to the door?”

I didn’t want to be more of a burden on him, besides he looked like he was asking just to be polite.

“It’s okay I texted Chanyeol, he’ll be here anytime.” I opened the door ready to leave but his words stopped me.

“Your boyfriend?” he scoffed, “Why did he let you go there alone? Isn’t he supposed to make sure you’re always safe?”

“What?” I asked confused.

“Didn’t you leave me to be with him?” his angry eyes were still fixed on the road in front of us.

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t act stupid” he hissed, “I’m talking about how you lied when you promised you’d never leave me, and how you left and went for someone else instead.”

Then it hit me that the idiot thought Chanyeol is my boyfriend. That ing jerk I told him clearly that my stepbrother’s name is Chanyeol and he knows that my stepfather is a Park. He probably either forgot or didn’t even pay attention at that time.

“I never lied to you Yixing you-“

“Get out Haeri.” His voice was low and firm.

“W-what?”

“You can do whatever you want I don’t care” he said through his gritted teeth, “Just go.”

I looked at him in disbelief.

Bastard

“Fine.”

I got out and slammed the door, and he sped away as soon as I did.

----------------------------------------

So when i was reading the previous chapter to remember where i stopped i discovered many hilarious typos lmao i was so embarrassed XD

Has anyone ever had a dream about Yixing? I did t^t I don't know if it saved my life or ruined it because how to live in reality now? t^t

Anyway, sorry if there are any stupid embarrassing typos LOLOL