Chapter Thirty-six

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Haeri’s POV

My deep sleep was ruined by a loud noise beside the bed. It’s like something solid fell on the ground and it startled me.

“What is this?” I mumbled annoyed while I rubbed my eyes and shifted my body to the other side where the sound came from.

“ I’m sorry I didn’t mean to wake you up.”

At the sight of Yixing standing in front of me with nothing but a towel hanging around his waist and water dripping from his hair down his neck, I immediately sat straight with eyes wide opened. He had an apologetic smile on his face and his hands were one on his waist and the other on the back of his neck and I had no idea what was going on.

“W-why am I here?” I asked with a hell lot of confusion.

“You… You don’t remember last night?”

I looked at myself just to check again but I was fully dressed.

“Last night?” I wasn’t sure what was he talking about but my head was hurting like hell and I smelled like alcohol I kinda understood why I couldn’t remember anything about the night before.

His smile dropped and I felt guilty seeing a bit of disappointment in his eyes.

“I have to hurry up not to be late. My manager is waiting.”

I was going to tell him that I’m leaving so he could get dressed but he grabbed his clothes and entered the bathroom again before I could say anything.

I banged my stupid head trying to kick the severe headache out and bring some useful memories instead but the last thing I could remember was Chanyeol telling me not to drink too much.

Thinking about him reminded me to check my phone and I freaked out at first seeing 15 missed calls and 3 messages but then I checked and they were all from Chanyeol. Why am I not surprised?

From Chanyeol: Yah where did you go???? Answer your phone!

From Chanyeol: Why aren’t you answering?? I’m worried where the hell are you???

From Chanyeol: ANSWER YOUR DAMN PHONE

Ugh when did I even put it on silent mode? I was going to call him but Yixing came out of the bathroom shirtless this time but wearing jeans and looking so damn y I couldn’t handle that in the early morning.

“Make yourself at home” he said while throwing a shirt over his head and slipping his arms in it, “there’s food too so don’t skip breakfast.”

He seemed to be in a hurry and for some reason I felt like he was avoiding looking at me.

I got out of bed and fixed my dress that I was wearing last night covering more of my thighs. “Yixing” I called his name softly. He stopped brushing his hair and looked at me through the mirror which I used to look at him as well, “I can’t seem to remember anything about last night, w-what happened?”

“We’ll just talk about it later hmm? I really have to go now.” He grabbed his car keys after spraying himself with an amazing perfume and hurried to the door but stopped right when his hand reached for the knob. He looked back at me who was still standing like a total mess with my heart throbbing against my chest. “I’ll see you later” he said and I just nodded quickly.

 

 

I walked back home at 7:30 in the morning earning few looks from people on the road which got me asking myself why the hell isn’t everyone asleep? And so what if I’m walking with high heels and a mini dress and some messed up make up at this early hour?

People…

There was no specific reason to sneak in but I still went in trying not to make the slightest noise.

“Where were you?”

I placed a hand over my chest and jumped slightly hearing Chanyeol’s deep low voice coming from the living room. “Omg you scared me!”

“It was YOU who scared me” he unfolded his arms from above his chest and pointed at me accusingly. “Didn’t I tell you not to drink so much? And didn’t I call for like a million times?”

“Well, to be more accurate, it was 15 times.”

“Shut up” he rolled his eyes.

“Okay but weren’t you supposed to be freaking out since I was missing?” I threw my shoes on the floor and sat on the couch, “I mean you gave up on me and stopped calling at 12:30 AM.”

“A dude said he saw Yixing carrying you on his back which you’d probably want to explain?”

“On his back?” when he said that, blurred images came to my mind at first but clearer ones came along and suddenly every memory from the night before got back.

“Holy !” I yelled.

“What??”

“I think I remember!! Oh my God Chanyeol!!!” I held his shoulders and shook him.

He held my shoulders and shook me back in return, “Whattt??”

“We kissed!” I screamed.

“WHAT?” he screamed too.

“I just remembered now when I was on bed and he kissed me he was above me and-“

“Woaahhh” he interrupted, “no further details are needed.”

My cheeks burned at the realization. “S-sorry” I smiled awkwardly making him laugh.

“You guys .”

I frowned at his words. “What the hell, why?”

“Because I tried so hard getting you back together but every single time you’d end up fighting and the only time I decided not to interfere you go kissing each other” he threw a desperate hand in the air. 

“What?”

“Who do you think gave Suji noona candies and told her that Yixing loves candies? And you really thought the door got locked by itself?” he looked at me like I’m the stupidest person on earth and I’m starting to think I actually am. How come I never noticed?

“You freak!” I yelled, “How did you think you were getting us back together by sending her when you know she’s pretty and funny and she flirts a lot?”

“I thought if you realized how jealous it makes you then you’d try to get him back?”

“You’re such an idiot sometimes.”

“Whatever I stayed up because of you, I’m gonna go sleep” he stood up and walked tiredly toward the stairs, “and take a shower you stink” he yelled as he made his way up.

He was right I did smell like alcohol which worried me a lot because Yixing probably spent the night next to me which brings me back to thinking, why didn’t he say anything about the kiss? Could it be that I was just dreaming and it didn’t even happen?

But then what did he mean when he asked if I don’t remember last night? What if he thought it was a mistake and he didn’t want it to happen again?

I grabbed my hair in frustration and decided to just go take a shower and go out for some morning coffee. It would probably be the best cure for my severe headache.

 

 

 

“But if we did kiss then why didn’t he say anything about it?” I asked them who were all enjoying lunch and I was just sitting there waiting for someone to reply me.

“You said he was in a hurry.”

“Well yeah but-“ I tried to talk but got interrupted.

“Sehun please swallow before you talk.”

“But-“

“Jina please shut up” he mimicked her, after he swallowed though.

“Yah” Kyungsoo warned.

“Shut the hell up and let me talk!” I didn’t yell because we were in public but I spoke sternly enough to make them all shut up and listen.

“Haeri-ya just wait till he’s done working and talk to him about it okay?” Jongin spoke calmly.

I knew I had to stay calm too and just wait till Yixing has time but I couldn’t help but feel nervous and a slight of fear. It’s like everything was on the line and I was between two sides; we either kissed and might have a chance to get back together or we never did and I’m such a delusional girl.

Fingers crossed it’s the first option.

“He’s right, just wait till tonight” agreed Jina.

 

 

After eating lunch, we all went to the park which is basically our place to hang out. We always have the same benches in the same location under a huge tree. The summer breeze was amazing as usual and we were having fun even if just by sitting there and chatting without really doing anything.

“I’ll be right back” I excused myself to go to the bathroom before I piss my pants.

 

“What happened?” I asked them as I took the seat I was in before leaving. They were all talking together and my phone was with Eunha which made me realize I forgot it on the bench.

“Your babe just called” she stuck her tongue.

“What?” I quickly snatched my phone from her hand and checked my calls list. “! He did call oh my God what did he say what did you tell him??”

“I told him we’re hanging out and he can join if he wanted to” she shrugged simply as if I’m not dying to know if he’s joining or not.

“AND?”

“Oh look who’s dying to know” Sehun teased.

I gave him a what-the-hell look and looked back at Eunha like “???????”

“He’s joining” spoke Chanyeol thank God but there goes my heart beats running at the speed of light I thought I might run out of beats. “But not here” he said and everyone stood up while I looked up at them like a lost child who can’t find her parents.

“Where are we going??”

Do I have to plead for information?

“Amusement park” he replied and grabbed my hand pulling me to stand up too. He must have known my knees were too weak.

“Everything will be okay don’t worry” Jongin smiled sweetly trying to encourage but I AM ON MY WAY TO MEET THE LOVE OF MY LIFE AND SETTLE FEW THINGS DOWN OKAY I CAN’T NOT WORRY.

 

It was around 7 PM when we made it to the amusement park. It was like half of me wanted to face Yixing and set things straight and clear but the other part hoped he didn’t come yet because what if happens?

Being the unlucky person I had always been, my eyes met Yixing’s I bet around the 3rd minute after I stepped into the place. He was walking toward us and oh I was nowhere near fine.

“Why are you clutching my shirt from the back?” asked Chanyeol glancing down at me.

I looked at him then at my hand. Damn when and why did I even grab his shirt?

“Sorry” I muttered quickly letting it go.

“Ahh you’re that worried?” he laughed and pinched my cheek hard, “Such a cutie!”

“Yah!” I jerked away, “Can’t you see I’m practically dying? Leave your weirdness for later.”

“Hey” I completely shut up when Yixing greeted. I barely dared to look at his eyes and cracked a weak smile before my eyes wandered the whole place avoiding his eyes.

“Haeri are you okay?” he asked me.

“Me?” I pointed at myself like an idiot, “I mean, yeah” a stupid awkward laugh came out of my mouth.

Why the hell was I like that?!

“So what are we going to do?” asked Kyungsoo excitedly.

“Charity!” Eunha yelled happily and we all looked at her questioning her brain. Her smirk didn’t leave her face, instead she pointed somewhere and all our heads turned there.

“THE KISSING BOOTH?” yelled Sehun and Yixing in union and she nodded confirming.

“How is that charity? Do you choose who you want to kiss?” Yixing asked and for a slight second he looked at me stopping my breath with that look. Was he implying something?

“Actually it’s charity because you have to pay for the kiss and they will give the amount they raise for charity” explained Chanyeol.

“And no you can’t choose your partner which is why me and Kyungsoo are good here” Jina smiled like an angel but we all knew her hidden message under that smile. More like I’d kill you Do Kyungsoo if you even consider it.

Kyungsoo laughed and agreed while Yixing and Sehun didn’t look so happy about it.

“Let’s do something else though” Sehun protested and Yixing instantly nodded supporting his opinion.

“You do something else, you’re no fun” Eunha rolled her eyes and grabbed my hand, “me and Haeri are going.”

She ran dragging me behind her to the kissing booth before I had the chance to open my mouth and state my opinion.

I do not want to kiss anyone other than Yixing and I REFUSE THAT YIXING KISSES SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME.

“What if you got Yixing?” I asked her but she just laughed.

“I’ll peek and if it was him I’ll just switch with you” she suggested and I agreed.

 

Yixing’s POV

I wasn’t so sure about this whole charity kissing thing but I went with Jongin, Sehun and Chanyeol since they were going and my Haeri was there I couldn’t stay back.

“What’s this charity kissing for?” grumbled Sehun.

“I know right? Can’t they do charity without kissing?” I agreed.

“What’s wrong with you two? If you don’t wanna kiss just simply go back” said Jongin.

“I get that Yixing probably wants to go for Haeri right?” he looked at me and I nodded firmly, “But what’s the matter with you?” he squinted his eyes on Sehun who stayed silent.

Jongin looked at him like he’s waiting for him to speak but Sehun didn’t. “It’s been three years Sehun just spell the freaking words already” complained Jongin.

“It’s obvious he loves Eunha” I said.

“FOR 3 YEARS NOW?” yelled Chanyeol shocked, “And you still haven’t told her?”

“I just don’t want to lose her if she refused me okay?” he snapped.

Chanyeol scratched his forehead like he was thinking of something while we waited in the line after we paid for our turns to come.

“What?” asked Jongin.

“I’m thinking there’s no guarantee that Yixing will end up kissing Haeri, also Sehun kissing Eunha.”

“I hate this stupid thing” complained Sehun and again I nodded agreeing.

“Except if…” Chanyeol snapped his fingers, “I’ll go count how many is there in front of them and we’ll try to match Yixing’s and Haeri’s numbers as well as Sehun’s and Eunha’s!”

I felt a huge burden moved off my chest.

“YOU ARE A GENIUS BRO” Sehun high-fived us all and a wide smile lingered on his face knowing he will kiss Eunha.

After about 5 minutes Chanyeol returned to us running.

“Eunha is 5th and Haeri is 6th in the line” he said between his heavy breaths as he held both his knees.

First thing we did automatically was switch positions since I was a number ahead of Sehun but it still didn’t work out because Sehun’s number became 6th and mine 7th.

“Okay we just have to switch with the guy in front of us so I’d become 5th then you 6th and he’ll get the 7th” explained Sehun quickly before the line keeps moving faster and it’s too late. I nodded quickly.

“Excuse me” Sehun smiled in a friendly way and spoke politely to the guy, “would you mind switching places?”

The guy with a face looked at us from head to toe before looking straight in front of him again.

“No” he simply said wiping Sehun’s smile off his face and mine too.

“But my girl-“

“I said no” the rude jerk interrupted me.

“Listen” Chanyeol appeared from behind me with Jongin, “You better move your before the line gets to the 5th spot which is you right now.”

“Or?” the guy scoffed challenging us.

He was really getting on my nerves especially that time was passing and there was only one left in front of us. “Or you will go kiss her missing a ing tooth” I snapped at him and he finally seemed to understand that we were not joking around.

“Ayyyeeee that’s my bro” laughed Chanyeol.

“You heard him” said Jongin, “she’s not gonna like kissing a toothless bleeding jerk so get the back.”

“Bastards” he hissed leaving the whole line. He didn’t want to participate anymore but at the moment I couldn’t feel sorry or care less because I was nervous as hell.

Sehun turned to us before he went in, “Okay I’m gonna confess now wish me luck!”

“Fighting!!” we yelled in union because we had no time for more encouragement. It was his turn already and my heart was pounding so hard knowing that I’ll be next and Haeri will be my partner.

Even though I kissed her last night, kissing her when she’s fully conscious is way different.

“You’ll be fine” Jongin patted my shoulder.

I almost nodded but nervous curses left my mouth when it was announced that it was my turn.

I moved the curtain and stepped in to the small room where two chairs were placed facing each other. Haeri wasn’t there yet and I got scared while waiting because I don’t want someone else to enter.

The quick taps of my leg against the floor stopped when the curtains moved and my heart almost exploded as the one I was anticipating for entered the room.

“H-Haeri” I stood up quickly.

She looked surprised but if I didn’t mistake the smile on her face she was relieved to see me there.

“Yixing?”

I held her hand and gently motioned her to sit in front of me.

“Yeah, I decided to do charity too” I laughed nervously.

Our knees touched when we both sat down. I placed my hand over her soft chin and my eyes never left her beautiful lips. I leaned in closer pulling her face gently to me until our warm breaths met as the tip of her nose touched mine and her eyes closed slowly.

“I hope this helps you remember” I whispered before I pressed my lips on hers softly but firmly. My lips moved perfectly against hers. She tasted as sweet as ever, this feeling of kissing her takes me to heaven every time. My hand slipped around her waist and I pulled her along with the chair closer to me making her moan with the swift move. Like that the soft kiss hardened and became more passionate, I tasted every part of and she let me do so. I felt her hands running through my hair on the back of my head accelerating the beats of my heart and driving me crazy.

“I couldn’t forget even if I wanted to” she said breathlessly and we resumed our wonderful sweet kiss.

“Guys your time is up!” we heard someone saying from outside but our kiss didn’t stop immediately. Then she backed away still holding my neck and I loved the feeling of her hand on my skin.

“Let’s go out” she held my hand and stood up; I followed her searching for a quieter place with no crowd.

 

We were walking silently next to each other in a dark street with the moonlight shining over us both until I stopped and stopped her as well. I turned her to face me and she looked gorgeous under the moonlight.

“Yesterday we-“

“We kissed” she said taking a step closer to me. I looked down at her and she looked up at me, I always found our height difference perfect and compatible. “I remembered later when I went back home.” I knew she was shy from the way she stared at the ground.

“I loved it” I admitted. I don’t want to keep it in my heart anymore, I don’t care about anything that happened before, all I want is to tell Haeri how madly I am in love with her.

“I loved it too” she said softly.

I held her chin and raised it making her look at me.

“I love you Haeri” I finally said it. “I always did. Ever since we got to know each other and when I was in America with you and without you, you have always been in my heart and I love you I love you I never loved or wanted someone so much.”

From the little amount of light that shined on her face I saw her lips smiling. I was waiting for her to say something but instead she gently touched my pinky finger with hers tying them together.

“Yixing-ah.”

My heart melted just by her calling my name.

“You have always been my everything. I love you and I want you back Yixing I want you back in my life with me because living without you was the hardest thing I ever had to do and I never ever want to go another minute without you.” She looked down again before speaking, “I’m sorry that I was weak and stupid to let you go. I want you back Yixing.”

She was suppressing her tears I knew it. I pulled her into my embrace and hugged her so tight like we used to hug each other back then. She held me so tight as if she’s afraid I’d leave her alone and go.

“Don’t cry baby” I whispered over her head but her suppressed tears flowed just when I called her like I used to call her before, “I never left, I had always been yours only Haeri” I confessed honestly.

No one ever owned my heart other than her.

I finally breathed right now that my beautiful baby was in my arms again.

----------------------------------------

Woohooo they're finally back together *claps claps*

I reaaaalllyyyy hope you like this chapter

I'm sad because there's probably one more chapter to go before it ends t^t

I know i messed this story up at some parts but overall i hope the good parts are more than the bad ones.

Guys, i love you all <3