Chapter Four

Falling For Zhang Yixing

I was suddenly running full speed toward the bus station with Yixing running in front of me and his hand securely holding mine. It was all happening so fast it took me some time to analyze what just happened.

I realized when we stepped into the slowly moving bus that we would have missed the ride if we didn’t run so fast to catch it. Actually the bus was ready to move when we were still few meters away, that’s when Yixing held my hand and dragged me behind him.

“You sit first” He said gently letting go of my hand as soon as he made sure I jumped into the bus safely, coldness soon replaced the warmth I felt on my palm.

I sat on the empty seat next to the window where he was pointing and he took a seat beside me. It was actually the last seat left available in the bus. Yixing sat there quietly, he didn’t say a word he just laid his head back closing his eyes. I watched him with the corner of my eye, he looked tired.

“Are you okay?” HE IS NOT ASLEEP. I immediately looked straight in front of me pretending that I wasn’t looking at him.

I replied with a “hmm?” just like I had no idea what was he talking about.

“You were staring” he didn’t open his eyes yet.

“Pftt how do you know?” I scoffed, “were you watching me?”

He smiled and turned his head toward me, his face was so close and his dimple was right beside my eyes. HIS EYES ARE CLOSED AND HIS LIPS ARE FORMING A BEAUTIFUL SMILE. IS THAT WHAT ANGELS LOOK LIKE? I’m pretty sure my heart skipped a beat and this is so weird I’ve never been like this before. Those weird feelings in my heart... STOP. I looked everywhere trying to avoid looking at his terribly close face.

“I just sensed it” his voice was soft next to my ear.

I felt my cheeks getting warmer and I didn’t know what to say. Luckily the bus stopped and a girl who looked like a college student hopped in automatically grabbing both of our attentions since we were sitting right next to the bus door.

Yixing immediately stood up after she entered knowing that there were no more empty seats for her to sit.

 “Sit here please, noona” he smiled and bowed politely to her. . THAT WAS SO ING ADORABLE. I can already tell he was so tired yet he immediately offered the girl his seat. And the amount of politeness he has… It made me think about how I scolded the kid earlier this morning. Why do i feel like a rude ? 

The girl smiled at him and bowed back before sitting next to me.

“You’re lucky. Your boyfriend is very polite, it's really hard to find guys like him these days” she said smiling. MY BOYFRIEND?!

“U-uh we’re not.. he’s not my boyfriend” I smiled awkwardly.

“Oh sorry” she just said before plugging her earphones in and closing her eyes.

I was looking at Yixing who was standing by the door where our seat was. He was holding onto the handle for support and he was staring at the road outside.

 It had been a while since school started and I still can’t figure him out. He has this mysterious aura around him.

It’s like at times he’d smile and talk to everyone around him, but on other times he seems in a totally different world, like he’s physically there but God knows where his thoughts are.

 And I can’t tell if he’s stupid or smart, lame or funny, lazy or active, liar or honest, sad or happy, nice or a jerk. I mean sure he seems nice at times yet I feel like I can’t judge because I know nothing about him.

This is confusing me so much because I can usually tell what a person is like from the first encounter. But then there’s him. I have no idea about how he thinks or what is he like. And even when I spend time with him, he’s like a closed book.

The worst part is, I keep getting more curious about him, I want to know him better and I can’t seem to shake that feeling off.

"Haeri we're here" Yixing's voice interrupted my thoughts, he was stepping outside the bus when he stopped to call me because i didn't notice that we arrived. I nodded as i stood up quickly and jumped out.

Honestly I wanted to start a conversation somehow, I wanted to get over the silence between us but it wasn’t easy. Guys would usually die for my attention but he doesn't seem to care for it.

“So how come you moved here” I started since we had to walk a bit before reaching our neighborhood anyway, so better avoid the awkward silence.

“I moved to Korea not so long ago” he briefly stated.

“Alone?”

“Yeah”

"Your Korean is not bad" i mumbled trying not to sound so desperate.

"I guess."

The hell with his short answers. Silence filled the air for few minutes.

“You don’t take the bus in the morning” here I go trying again. I cringed at how pathetic i sound.

He still replied without looking at me, “My friend gives me a ride every day.”

“You have friends already! That’s nice”

“Yeah I met him back in China actuall- Oh sorry let me take this first” GREAT just when it seemed like he was going to start talking to me more his phone had to ring.

*Minseok hyung! Yeah. oh really? Now? Sure okay I’ll meet you soon* I heard him talking on the phone.

He hung up by the time we reached his house.

“Do you want me to walk you home?” I knew he was just asking to be polite and i appreciated it, but he looked tired and I heard him say he wanted to meet that Minseok guy.

“It’s okay I’ll be fine” I smiled, “Besides my house is over there I’ll be there in a minute.”

“Have a good night then, Haeri” he smiled back and I waved at him before I continued walking home.

 

It’s getting darker and I’m so tired and sleepy I can’t wait till I step in and take a loooooong nap.

“ JONGIN YOU SCARED ME” I met a frowning Jongin standing by the tree in front of my house and I didn’t see him until I got really close.

“Is that why you ignored my text messages and calls?” Pointing to the direction of Yixing's house.  He was mad, no kidding.

“What?” I asked confused as I pulled my phone out of my pocket I saw few text messages and missed calls.

“Oh my God it’s still on silent I totally didn’t notice it” guilt creeped inside.

“You could have just said you wanted to hang out with the Chinese boy Haeri” He sounded really angry.

“It’s not like that Jongin. We had detention, and besides I said I didn’t notice the phone why are you overreacting?”

“Whatever.” He just said turning around to leave but I grabbed his arm soon.

“Why are you being like this Jongin!” I really can't take Jongin being upset and mad at me.

“I was ing worried about you Haeri! You know we’ve been friends for so ing long and you never ignored any of my texts or calls before. I went to pick you up but you already left school, then I came here and you weren’t here either. I thought something bad happened. Then I came and found you with him.” He yelled.

“Jongin-ah” I wrapped my arms around him tightly, “I’m so sorry. Sorry sorry sorry, hmm?” I pouted hoping he’d forgive me.

I knew he wouldn’t stay mad, he’s a sweetheart, I saw the corner of his lips slightly lifting up.

“AWW YOU ARE THE SWEETEST JERK EVER” then I saw his teeth as his smile widened.

“Go inside now stupid, I’m going home I need some sleep” he gently smiled, tucking his hands in his pocket and walking away. I feel so lucky for having such friend.

“Sleepy bastard, see you tomorrow!” I yelled behind his back. He waved his hand up in the air as a reply without looking back.

Jongin is like the brother i never had. I can't explain how much i truly love him.

 

 

YIXING'S POV

My eyes opened reluctantly when the sound of my alarm filled my small room at 6:20 AM. I honestly had no energy to stand up specially since I slept late last night but I had no other choice.

After I was done cleaning at school I came back home and continued unpacking, then I went to see Minseok hyung who was helping me find a part-time job but nothing worked yet.

They either needed me for morning shifts or all night shifts and I couldn’t accept either because I have school. But it’s okay I guess I’ll keep looking.

I came back home late and I had to study; I had homework and few upcoming quizzes. It’s such a stressful period for me, I barely have the time to even eat. So that’s why I ended up sleeping super late.

Life gets hard when you have to balance between school and finding a job, but I need the money, I don’t have much left and well I have to pay for my rent and food. I have so much to worry about lately, it gets tiring...

I decided to take a cold shower, that’s the only way I could refresh a bit in this early morning.

I was putting my books in my bag when I saw Haeri outside, she was probably walking to the bus station. She looked toward my house and seemed to frown.

Such a weird girl.

But i'm sure she didn't see me because my window is too dusty, there's no way she saw what's inside.

That reminds me i still have some cleaning to do...

So about Haeri, i can't deny that she's very pretty, but I honestly still can’t tell if she’s a terribly rude girl or just a nice innocent one. I know she treats people badly sometimes, yet sometimes she looks so clueless and innocent especially when she’s staring at something while being lost in her deep thoughts.

But her whole squad… I don’t know…Sometimes they're too much.

I don’t see a reason why anyone should be rude or mean. What’s wrong with being nice and respectful? I really don’t like rude people. That’s why I don’t know how to treat her.

She’s okay sometimes but when she’s being rude… I’d rather stay away.

 

Minseok hyung’s honk got me out of my thoughts. I threw my bag over my shoulder and left.

“Good morning hyung!”

“Good morning!” he greeted back happily.

I feel so lucky to have met this hyung, he’s always smiling and he gives so many positive vibes.

“Hyung, I think I got a little bit used to the directions, I must start using public transportation.” I really don’t wanna burden him, he has his university to attend too and I feel bad that he’s been waking up earlier just to give me a ride before he goes.

“Well if you think you’re ready then okay, but you have to know that I’m totally okay with giving you a ride” he smiled assuring me that it’s really okay.

“Thank you” I sincerely thanked him.

“Ahh it’s fine! So any interesting plans for today?” he asked, his eyes focused on the road.

“Well I heard there’s gonna be a basketball game”

“Eh? You mean you’re gonna watch one?”

“No, I mean at school, PE class. We’re playing” I said with a wide smile.

 

This is going to be interesting because I like basketball so much and I’m a very good player.

-----------------

Thank You again for everyone reading this <3