Chapter Fourteen

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Haeri’s POV

“Because” he angrily replied before he held my face with both of his hands and I felt my head lightened when his soft lips locked mine.

Electricity shot through my whole body when the warmth of his sweet lips met mine. Involuntarily I clutched the hem of his uniform with my hand as I placed the other one on the frame of the door behind me to prevent my weak knees from giving up on me.

“Because I care about you” he whispered right to me ear after he softly pulled back from our small kiss. His hair tickled my ear and I don’t think my heart ever pounded so violently like this ever in my life.

His hands slid gently from my cheeks to my shoulders down to my arms when I finally got back to reality.

“I h-have to… go b-back” I barely managed to say through my heavy breathing and I know he liked what he just did to me.

“Sure” he smirked like a little devil as he pulled away giving me a space to leave.

I my heel with very little power to walk, my knees were literally gonna give up on me anytime soon.

“Wait” he held my hand very gently and it didn’t take much force to make me freeze. He didn’t turn me around to face him, “have lunch with me today” he said.

My hand brushed against his hand softly as he let it slip off and I slightly shivered as coldness replaced the warmth of his palm.

I walked back to class without saying anything. I was just too flustered to even say a word.

 

 

I was walking to the cafeteria with my friends still thinking about what happened in the morning. Yixing asked me to have lunch with him but Jongin was barely speaking to me and I couldn’t afford making him mad again.

As much as I wanted to spend my lunch break with Yixing, I also wanted my friends to forgive me.

Besides, when I remember that jerk’s y smirk after he kissed me… Tsk I feel like doing the total opposite of whatever he asks for.

“Yah!” I yelled as I rubbed the back of my head with my hand, “the hell was that for?” I glared at Jina who smacked my head.

“Pabo it wasn’t even me” she rolled her eyes.

“Huh?” I asked and she nodded her head toward Sehun.

“You brat what was that for” I glared at him this time.

“Because I was talking to you but you were in some other world” he stuck his tongue playfully.

“Ah really?” I smiled sheepishly as we took our seats on our usual table.

“It’s okay” he laughed it off “let’s go get some food” he said.

I walked with Sehun and Jongin toward the counter to buy our lunch, it was my turn to pay.

“I’m getting your grumpy some chicken” I nudged Jongin playfully in attempt to fix things between us. He let out a small smile.

“I’ll go order” Sehun said leaving us alone near the doors.

I stood facing Jongin for few moments looking at each other’s eyes with poker faces.

I smiled first as I slightly hit his shoulder.

“Ya” he complained jokingly breaking into a wide smile.

“HOW DO I TAKE THIS?” I asked dramatically “KIM JONGIN SMILED TO ME HOW CAN I TAKE THIS” I placed both hands on my chest teasing him.

“But when will you stop this stupid joke” he laughed loudly suddenly ruffling my hair and messing it all up.

“But my stupid joke makes you laugh” I said when he stopped messing my hair.

“Come here” he gave me a warm hug and I folded my hands tightly around him.

“I missed you stupid” I said and I heard him laugh.

“I missed you too” he broke off the hug, “Now let’s go get some chicken!!!!!!!!!!” he beamed excitedly.

Jongin threw his arm around my shoulder before we walked together toward the counters where Sehun was waiting for us.

My heart suddenly sank when I noticed Yixing leaning his shoulder against the frame of the door, his hands were folded in front of his chest and his now dark eyes were fixed on us.

And I knew it from the way he looked at us, from the way his palms were clenched into tight fists instead of being relaxed, and from the way his lips formed a thin line.

He saw everything. And he didn’t like it.

I pretended not to see him, I just continued my way with Jongin and then I had my lunch with my friends.

 

 

“Byeee” I waved in the air to Jongin who was standing behind me as I ran quickly to catch the bus.

Those freaks keep me late sometimes.

I hopped in right when the bus door was about to close thank God I made it but when I looked around it was already full, there was no place left to sit.

I saw Yixing sitting beside a girl but his eyes were already closed and his earphones were plugged in. he didn’t notice me.

“Aish” I muttered annoyingly as I almost fell when the bus started moving so I held the handle tightly to support my body.

I suddenly felt a hand placed over my hand that was clutching the handle, I looked behind me and I saw a tall guy with dark hair.

I glared at him before I turned my head back and moved away from him but soon his body touched mine from behind.

“Hey!” I yelled at him “what’s wrong with you?” I moved away again.

“Chill babe it’s the bus pushing me” he smirked disgustingly showing his teeth.

I was about to reply when suddenly someone held him by his collar, “get the hell away from her before I break those teeth of yours.”

My eyes widened in shock when I realized it was Yixing. He looked at me with dark eyes and nodded toward his seat, “go” he ordered and I just obeyed.

That protective aura was too hot, he looked so manly and handsome at that moment that my body obeyed his words with no second thoughts.

“Chill” that stupid guy said again lazily “I’m not looking for trouble.”

“Then get lost” Yixing slightly pushed him and returned to stand beside my seat.

“T-thank you” I said awkwardly looking up at him but he ignored me, he kept staring out the window the whole ride.

I took faster steps to catch up with him after we went down the bus. He walked real fast and I hardly reached him.

“Could you at least wait for me?!” I snapped at him when I finally reached his level.

He glanced at me for less than a moment before he looked straight in front of him again and sped up.

“Yah!” I called.

That jerk.

That ing jerk.

He suddenly stopped walking and turned to face me causing me to bump into his wide chest.

“I told you to have lunch with me.” He said.

“Tsk” I scoffed “and since when am I supposed to follow your orders?”

“You…” he said taking a step toward me as my foot automatically took a step back. He narrowed his eyes at me “is there something between you and Jongin?”

I don’t know why but I enjoyed making him jealous so much. I wanted him pissed and frustrated, it made me feel powerful and I enjoyed it.

“I said before this is none of your business.”

I was expecting to see his raged eyes looking at me but surprisingly he smiled, a big wide smile. I gasped when he slipped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him, I rested both of my hands on his shoulders as my eyes were still widely opened.

He leaned in dangerously close, he slowly smelled my neck then dragged his soft lips to my ear “fine Haeri” he whispered “don’t answer me” he let a soft smile and my eyes slowly closed when his hot breath hit my jaw “I don’t need you to answer” he paused for a moment then he continued “in fact I already know you loved it when I kissed you, and I know you love the way I’m holding you right now.”

He pulled off and slipped his hand back off my waist, he looked at me standing like a complete mess barely holding my posture.

He smirked again, he smiled in victory before he walked to his house that was already very close leaving me astonished on the road.

I would have never expected seeing that other surprising side of Yixing, and as much as I wanted to deny it, I was completely and helplessly falling for him.