Chapter Seven

Falling For Zhang Yixing

YIXING’S POV

I was about to enter my house when I saw Haeri’s steps slowing down until she stood for a moment before starting to lose her balance.

Good thing she wasn’t too far I ran and caught her before she fell to the ground. Guilt crept inside again as soon as I caught her tiny figure between my arms… I know the ball hit her so hard.

“Haeri! Haeri talk to me are you okay?” I slightly shook her body.

Thank God she didn’t lose consciousness this time, yet her eyes were barely opened.

“Haeri you look so pale” I worried even more when I noticed her pale face, she looked so weak.

“I-I’m fine” she managed to say.

“Let’s go see a doctor”

“No I’m okay I’m just a bit tired, I’ll go home” she tried to pull back and stand by herself but for some reason I didn’t feel like letting her go. She didn’t look strong enough.

“I’ll take you” I said before I got on my knee “here” I pointed on my own back.

“W-what? You don’t have to, I uh.. I can go alone”

“Aish this girl… come on don’t be stubborn” I insisted.

I felt her hand softly touching my right shoulder, I knew she was hesitating.

“It’s okay Haeri, hold on tight” I tried to assure her that it’s fine.

Soon she wrapped her arms around my neck softly as I held her skinny legs around my waist.

“You’re so heavy” I teased and she scoffed.

“Am not!”

“Yes you are!”

“Yah! Put me down I’m gonna kick your ” she lightly slapped my shoulder. Ahh this girl I really laughed at her cuteness.

“Now I’m sure you’re fine” I playfully teased again then when I turned my head to see her face she was pouting and I gotta admit I felt something like a shiver in my heart.

“Okay okay I was just kidding” that pout was too cute I immediately gave in.

“Okay watch your steps I don’t wanna fall because of your clumsiness” she stuck her tongue at me. We both laughed lightly, and it felt really nice.

“We’re here” I said as she slid off my back gracefully.

“Thank you” she smiled softly and I knew I had to turn and leave but my feet refused to walk. I don’t understand myself but honestly I didn’t feel like leaving.

She noticed I was still standing with both of my hands tucked in my pockets, “Uh, wanna come in?”

And I know it’s rude but I was afraid if I refused she wouldn’t insist so there, I shrugged giving her a why-not look not to seem so desperate. As if it wasn’t already obvious that I am. Ugh.

I leaned on the wall near her door watching her as she searched her bag for her keys.

I watched her closely, she touched the upper corner of her lip with her tongue as she struggled to find the keys. Her hair kept flying over her face making it harder for her to focus on finding them.

You know what i thought to myself? She’s damn beautiful.

I began to realize she’s a nice adorable person, but for some reason that I still don’t understand she tries to act like she’s a real badass.

I noticed she froze for a moment when I gently brushed her hair off her face.

“F-found it” she raised the key for me to see before she quickly turned to the door I saw her hand slightly shaking as she tried to unlock the door. And i love the way she tried to cover her blushing cheeks.

 

I entered her house behind her, it’s not too big neither too small, not overly fancy yet it was well furnished, but it felt a bit cold.

“You live alone?” I asked surprised.

“Kinda” she scoffed throwing the keys on the dining table and her bag on the couch. Her laugh was bitter though.

“Kinda?” what is that supposed to mean?

“I live with my mother” she mumbled.

“Oh really?” I searched the room with my eyes but soon Haeri spoke,

“She’s not here” her tone changed into an annoyed one, or maybe sad.

But it seemed like she didn’t wanna talk about it so I didn’t wanna push it.

“Oh my god Haeri is that you?” I beamed excitedly holding a wooden frame that was lying on a shelf in the living room with a picture of an around 5 year old girl wearing a cute pink dress and hugging a man who seemed to be her dad.

She smiled but I saw sadness in her eyes, “yeah”

“That’s your dad right?

“Yes”

“He’s not here too?”

“No, He… He died when I was 6” her voice cracked and I punched myself mentally a hundred times.

I quickly placed the frame back on the shelf and looked at Haeri, her eyes were teary but she didn’t cry.

“I’m- I’m so sorry Haeri I truly am-“

“It’s okay” she smiled weakly “you didn’t know.”

“Ahh I’m glad it’s already weekend” she said turning around quickly, she obviously tried to change the subject. I was curious to know more but the topic made her sad so I decided not to ask.

“I should go now but Haeri, please rest well okay?”

“Yeah I will, thank you for bringing me here by the way”

“That’s the least I could do” I replied while walking to the door, “See you around” I said as I stepped outside.

“Sure, see you” she smiled before closing the door softly.

 

I thought about Haeri’s family while I was walking back home. It seems like her life is much more than I thought. I always thought she was just a spoiled girl who believes she’s better than everyone because she has everything she wants.

It turned out she lost her father long ago, and something was telling me she didn’t have a good relationship with her mother.

And now I feel like I want to know more and more about her. I don’t know when and how it happened but I seem to think about her more and more now.

 

WAKING UP WITHOUT THE ALARM’S ANNOYING SOUND IS THE BEST FEELING EVER.

I yawned and stretched my arms rolling my body freely on the mattress. Ahhhh I slept so well. I looked at the clock near my bed it said 8:16 AM.

I guess waking up early every day becomes a habit.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth before changing into my sports suit and putting on my running shoes. I decided to take a shower after running around this neighborhood for an hour.

I went out meeting the fresh air and the shining sunlight, good thing I put a cap on before leaving. I felt so energetic and I just wanted to run endlessly.

 

After running for around an hour and a half I ran back home. Since I turned around the neighborhood I had to pass by Haeri’s house to reach mine.

I involuntarily stopped running when I met her standing outside her door.

I failed to suppress the laughter when I saw her standing wearing baggy bright pink pajamas with mini hello-kitty drawings all over it.

She was struggling to open her eyes and her hair was messy, but the funniest part is she was holding a soda in her hand. And damn she already drank half of it.

“What are you laughing at” she asked all grumpy which made me burst in laughing.

“It’s 10 in the morning for God’s sake Haeri why are you drinking a soda”

“Why can’t I drink a soda at 10 am?” she spoke with a what-the-hell tone.

“I don’t know maybe because it’s umm UNHEALTHY?”

“Chill” her eyes were still half closed and she looked so adorable I wanted to ruffle her hair.

“Your body is probably rotten inside” I shook my head in disapproval.

“Yah!” grumpy again.

“Nice pajamas by the way” I teased and it seemed that only when I said it she realized she was standing outside wearing that.

Her eyes widened into two cute rounded balls as she looked down at herself before she immediately ran inside.

“I hate you zhang yixing!” she yelled disappearing behind her door.

I laughed wholeheartedly as I walked home.

I wouldn’t have guessed… Kang Haeri is an adorable cute girl.

-------------------------

Guys guys i wanna say thank you to everyone who commented on this story, i've been worried about whether you're liking it so far or not because i want to keep it inetersting, and i really appreciate it when you tell me what you think. Even if there's anything you don't like please tell me. Love you all and i also want to say Merry Christmas if you're celebrating! Spend it happily <3