Chapter Ten

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Haeri’s POV

I’m used to my mom being like that, I don’t cry anymore, but that night in particular, I missed my dad so so much, I missed the days he was there, and I couldn’t hold my tears back.

I didn’t wanna look all weak and vulnerable in front of others but eventually I was actually feeling weak and vulnerable and I had no strength to cover it up.

You know how sometimes you’re perfectly capable of suppressing your tears but then someone asks you “Are you crying?” or “Are you okay?” and there you let all the tears flow like a stream down your cheeks?

That happened to me right when Yixing asked me if I was crying.

When I was crying and feeling so cold Yixing wrapped his arms around me tightly surrounding me with his comforting warmness.

He kept whispering things like “Shh it’s gonna be okay” and “it’ll all be okay” to my ears and for a moment I felt the safety and security that my life has been lacking since a very long time.

His words brought me so much comfort.

For a moment there I felt like everything indeed will be okay.

In fact, at that exact moment everything was okay.

“Thank you… Yixing” I managed to say through my tears and uneven breathing.

We stayed like that for a while, till my breathing calmed down and my tears dried.

 

 

“Morning” I smiled at Yixing who was locking his door. He turned his head to me and smiled widely.

“Morning!” he greeted cheerfully, “How are you?” he asked and I know he was referring to what happened the other night.

“Great!” I replied with a big smile on my face.

Not lying though, I really am fine.

Of course I was sad when it all happened but eventually I really am used to it. It’s always like this but I wake up the next day like nothing happened.

There’s no use of crying and depressing every day.

 

I walked with Yixing to the bus station. The ride to school was quiet but comfortable.

I excused myself when we reached school to go find my friends. I miss them we didn’t meet this weekend.

 

“Morningggg!” I greeted Sehun, Jina and Jongin who were standing together by the lockers just like usual.

“Hey!!” Jina greeted back with a little hug, “I missed you stupid” she stuck her tongue at me.

“Missed you more” I imitated her.

“Y’all need to hug each other every time you meet?” Sehun asked with a you’re-so-lame tone.

“Tsk, always grumpy” Jina slightly slapped the back of his head.

“Ya!” That kid…

I noticed Jongin was still silent, crossing his arms against his chest and leaning on his opened locker. He was staring at the wall across the hall.

“Someone’s in a bad mood today” I , leaving Jina and Sehun fighting next to us.

“Nope” he didn’t look at me “perfectly fine.”

“Is everything okay?”

“Yep”

“Jongin”

He nodded lightly.

“You didn’t come the other night” I said remembering that he said he was coming but then I met Yixing and we stayed together till I felt tired and I went to sleep.

“Noticed huh?” he scoffed bitterly.

“What happened?” I was worried because he never said he’d come and not show up.

“Nothing” he shrugged.

“Why aren’t you even looking at me?” I searched for his eyes.

 He looked at me and he looked angry.

“I said nothing” he closed his locker door shut as the bell rang. “Let’s go” he nodded at Sehun and Jina and I suppose me too although he didn’t look at me.

I don’t know what was wrong with Jongin I kept thinking about whether I did anything to upset him but I can’t find any reason.

 

We walked into class and Jongin immediately sat next to Eunha where Sehun would usually sit leaving Sehun to sit beside me.

“Ya” I nudges Sehun slightly.

“Hmm?”

“What’s wrong with Jongin?” I whispered. He looked at me all confused.

“What is wrong with him?” he asked.

“He’s too quiet today, and it seems like he’s avoiding me.”

“Really?” he shrugged “It’s not the first time we switch places if that’s what you’re implying.”

“It’s not just because of the seat it’s… ya would you just simply answer me?” I started losing patience. He acts like a stupid little kid sometimes.

“What!” he whispered loudly.

“Did something happen or did it not?!”

“Oh Sehun and Kang Haeri!” the teacher’s loud voice suddenly interrupted us. “It’s been 8 minutes since class started and you two still haven’t stopped talking.”

Him and his boring class…

“Sorry” we both muttered and then stopped talking.

I don’t know what the hell is wrong but something is definitely not normal.

 

Another 30 minutes of this deadly boring class hardly passed.

History classes are the worst, it’s like even when I decide to focus I end up daydreaming about something. So it’s always one of two things, I either talk to someone, or I space out.

I glanced over Yixing who was sitting two tables in front of me. His table was placed in the middle of class, not in the front neither in the back.

Wow weird, he seemed to be sleeping. It’s weird because for what I’ve seen so far this dude has got some pretty good marks.

The weirder thing is that I glanced over to see Jongin and he wasn’t asleep!! He’s always asleep how did this even happen?

Such a weird day…

I took a look at my watch. 5 minutes till class ends.

FINALLY.

“Sonsaengnim” I raised my hand “may I go out?” I pretended to need the bathroom but all I really needed was to get away of this freaking boring class.

“Don’t take too long, 2 minutes” he said.

Yeah you wish.

I went out and literally roamed the whole building. Damn this watch moves too slowly.

When the bell finally rang signaling the end of history class, I glided happily back to class.

An eraser was flying toward Yixing’s head as I was entering the class. He was still asleep but it woke him up.

The history teacher was already out but the next teacher didn’t come yet.

“Ouch!” he woke up but his eyes were still half closed. He rubbed his head where the eraser hit him.

“Ouch that must’ve hurt” I sheepishly scratched my head standing in front of him.

“Huh?” he said as he rubbed his eyes and nose. Damn he looked so adorable.

“OMG Yixing!” I snapped and he looked startled, “you have ink all over your face!” I kinda screamed covering my mouth with one hand and pointing at his face with the other one.

I don’t know why I was screaming it’s not like it’s blood or anything but blame my brain for that overreaction.

“Huh?” he asked again looking so clueless.

“You have freaking ink all over your face” I stated in a calmer way.

He looked at his hands and they were painted with blue ink.

Someone did that to him while he was asleep. They painted his hands with ink knowing that he’d probably rub his face when he wakes up.

I took a look at the students but it was hard to tell who did it.

Some were laughing at him and others didn’t pay attention.

No one in particular looked guilty.

“Aish” he said rolling his eyes “I’ll just go wash.”

He stood up to go to the bathroom but soon fell hard to the floor.

“Omg!” I gasped “are you okay?” I asked immediately.

He looked at his feet and so I followed his gaze. Both his shoelaces were tied together that’s why he fell when he tried to walk.

“Who did that” I heard him whisper to himself.

He didn’t care about others laughing, he just responded with simple nods to those who asked him if he was okay.

He simply untied his shoelaces then tied each alone before he stood up and went to the bathroom.

Damn he didn’t even ask who did it…

 

Soon the Chemistry teacher entered class “Take your seats” he ordered and so everyone did.

“Sehun?” I nudged him.

“Hmm?” this bastard is always lazy to reply.

“Who did that to Yixing?”

He scoffed, and then tried to suppress laughter “that was funny” he said.

 I frowned at his actions and nudged him again urging him to reply “who?”

“Jongin” replied Jongdae with an annoyed tone. He’s the guy who was sitting next to me from the other side.

Jongin?

Why would he do that to Yixing?

---------------------------

Hey! Sorry if there's any mistakes t^t I'd be happy if you guys let me know what you think ^^ Love you all <3