Chapter Twenty-two

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Haeri’s POV

I turned my head toward my window when I heard few noises coming from outside but I couldn’t see anything because of the curtains.

Knocks on the glass followed the noises and I opened my eyes so wide in shock not knowing who could that be. I stood up with so much effort and walked to the window slowly removing the curtain aside. My heartbeats’ rate lowered when I saw it was Yixing.

“Yixing?” I asked confused after I opened the window for him to come in, “what-“

He pulled me into a warm embrace digging his fingers in my hair and pushing the back of my head into his chest while his other hand surrounded my waist.

“I miss you… so much” he said planting several kisses on my head and forehead.

I closed my eyes shut enjoying his warmth that I could no longer live without. Even though I was mad at him, I still missed him like crazy.

 I buried my head in his chest even more holding his body tighter between my arms as if someone might take him away from me.

He kept whispering “I miss you” kissing every part of my face and forehead and smelling my hair which I was a bit worried about because I was sweating due to my very high temperature but he didn’t complain at all.

“You have a very high fever” he said worriedly as he helped me sit back down on bed, arranging a couple of pillows behind my back and head. “You’re too pale oh my God baby what happened to you” he moved my semi wet hair off my face and placed his palm gently over my forehead.

My mouth was too dry and I felt my lips cracking, talking was hard especially with my sore throat.

I watched him wordlessly as he hurried to the bathroom and got a bowl of cold water with a small towel. He sank the towel in the water then squeezed it to remove the excess, then he started wiping my face and neck with it and I shivered at the towel’s coldness.

“It’ll be okay baby I will take care of you” he tried to comfort me.

He did the process again but this time he left the towel to rest on my forehead before he grabbed what I realized was a lunch box and took a something from it.

A very good smell filled my room when he opened a pot and a lot of steam escaped it.

“Look, I prepared soup for my beautiful princess” he said trying to cheer me up. He filled the spoon and blew softly on in.

“Say aah” he opened his mouth and waited for me to do the same. I smiled weakly at his adorableness; he was treating me like a child.

I honestly felt much better after eating the soup. Last time I ate was yesterday during school lunch and I didn’t even have the appetite then.

“Now this” he said holding a bottle of water and a white pill which I took without any question.

“You’ll feel better in a couple of hours” he said cupping my cheeks and looking into my eyes.

I nodded slowly trying to build energy to speak, “thank you, Yixing” I managed to say and my throat felt so much better than before and my lips were no longer cracking. Thanks to him I was no longer dehydrated.

“Hey” he said still caressing my cheek, “I’m here to take care of you, you don’t have to thank me. I wish I could do more…” he said sadly.

I held his hand that was on my face.

“Pabo” I smiled looking at him, “why did you use the window?” I asked laughing lightly because I had no power to laugh harder and he laughed shyly too.

“I didn’t want you to bother walking downstairs so I figured climbing here would be easier” he explained while sitting facing me our hands still locked together.

“Then I came home and prepared soup after I got the pills from the pharmacy and oh I was so worried the soup would turn out to be a disaster” he laughed showing me the thing that always makes all my pains go away; his dimple.

I know a lot of people have dimples but i'm so in love with his.

I laughed along as he was telling me about how he fell flat on his three times while trying to climb here before he successfully did it.

He really did exert effort.

“Yixing-ah” I called his name softly.

“Yes baby?”

“Would you mind helping me? I want to take a shower.”

“E-eh?” his eyes widened so much I couldn’t but laugh at his innocence.

“Yah” I slapped his arm jokingly, “I just wanted to ask if you could help bring me the clothes I need from the closet.”

“O-oh” he laughed nervously at first and I laughed again at him, “sure” he said and went to the closet to pick them up.

I took a very warm shower and I felt a 100 times better as the hot water ran from the top of my head through my whole body. The pill he gave me really did make me feel better just like he said it will.

I put on the pajamas that Yixing picked for me before I left the bathroom that is inside my room. He was still there sitting on my bed after he arranged it and apparently changed the sheets that smelled like sickness and replaced them with clean ones. The room smelled more fresh and clean.

I took a deep breath and approached him. I sat on his lap and hugged him so tight burying my head in his neck.

“Thank you so much for everything” I sincerely thanked him for all the effort.

He made my back face him as he started combing my hair gently, scared that he might pull it too strongly. After he was done, he got the hairdryer and dried my hair saying that I’ll fall sick again if I slept with wet hair in this cold weather.

It was already 9:30 pm when I finally sat back on bed, after Yixing tied my hair into a loose ponytail.

“Oh I almost forgot!” he beamed taking a bag of M&M’s from his pocket, “I’ll give you the brown ones” he said making me laugh.

He picked the brown ones and gave them to me while he ate the colored ones.

“You ate much more than I did” I elbowed him faking a pout.

“Yah! Don’t be ungrateful” he nudged my shoulder with his, “I gave you the delicious ones” he said.

“Tsk” I laughed “they all taste the same.”

“Ahh then why do you insist on taking the brown ones!” he laughed and I remembered the time when we argued about the same topic before.

“I think I should leave you to sleep now” he kissed my forehead preparing to leave but I quickly held his arm.

“Stay…” my voice came as a whisper.

He looked at me with his clueless eyes like he didn’t understand what I just said.

“Don’t leave… stay here tonight” I said in a louder voice yet not meeting his eyes.

 

It was almost 7 am when I felt a warm breath hitting the back of my neck and two hands around my waist. I opened my eyes slowly and turned my head, Yixing’s lips were on my shoulder, his nose was almost touching the back of my neck, and his legs were intertwined with mine.

Even though it was a Saturday morning, but I didn’t mind waking up early like this. In fact, I never slept so good before. Me and Yixing, we fit perfectly like pieces of puzzle.

I turned my body slowly to face him, he rubbed his nose lightly but he didn’t wake up. I giggled at his cuteness. He looked like an angel I couldn’t help myself I pecked his fluffy lips softly as I pushed myself closer to his chest.

“I love you” I whispered against his chest and closed my eyes again knowing that I won’t fall asleep but I still liked lying next to him that way, his steady breathing was soothing.

 

The phone vibrated indicating that I received a text message, I reached for the phone on the table next to my bed slowly not to wake Yixing up but I realized when I unlocked it that I accidentally took his phone instead of mine, he was the one who received the text message not me.

I couldn’t suppress the huge smile when I saw that both his lock-screen and home-screen were a picture of me. In the picture I was asleep in the bus; he probably took it while I was asleep.

My smile soon vanished when I opened the text message that came from a strange unsaved number.

Oppa, its Sora. I noticed I lost my necklace yesterday… could it possibly be with you?

I locked the phone and sat straight on bed rubbing my forehead.

“Good morning beautiful” Yixing’s husky voice got my attention. He was still struggling to open his eyes and sit straight.

“Are you feeling better today?” he asked after kissing my cheek.

“Yixing are you cheating on me?” I asked him flatly.

His hand stopped halfway as he was running it through his messy hair trying to fix it.

“What?” he looked at me confused.

“I said are you cheating on me?” I asked in a harsher tone leaving my bed.

“This is ridiculous why would I be cheating on you?” he gave me a ‘WTF’ look.

“I don’t know” I threw his phone on the bed in front of him, “didn’t you spend the other day with her?” I started to feel anger building up in me.

He squinted his eyes on his phone screen looking a bit confused.

“No this is not what you think Haeri” he stood up and approached me trying to hold my arms but I pushed him away.

“Don’t even think about lying to me Yixing, I saw you leaving with her and I called you and waited for you all day long but you never came yet I stayed quiet about it yesterday” I almost yelled, “but now she sends a message at such an early hour to ask you if you have her necklace what the hell is that supposed to mean?”

“I didn’t leave with her! Yes I left in her bus but not with her” he defended himself, “It happened that the place I was going to is near the place where she lives” he started, “and I left her as soon as I got off the bus, heck I didn’t even sit beside her in the bus! And I don’t know what the hell is with her necklace I didn’t even know her phone number.”

“And why didn’t you tell me before?” I was still pissed honestly.

“In case you forgot I called you countless times. It was you who wouldn’t pick up then my phone died what was I supposed to do?”

“What was that very important thing that kept you busy the whole freaking day Yixing?”

“You wanna know what?” he asked trying not to lose his patience and I nodded angrily challenging him. “Fine, I’ll go take a shower get ready and meet me in 20 minutes” he said grabbing his bag and jacket harshly after he put on his shoes then he left.

 

“Ya!” he yelled startling me when he came out of his house and found me standing outside, “why aren’t you wearing a scarf and a beanie? Pabo. You want to be sick again? Aish..” he kept murmuring things as he made his way back inside and returned in few minutes.

We were both still frowning when he made me wear the gloves and he placed a scarf around my neck and a beanie on my head.

“Thank you” I mumbled glaring at him.

He held my hand securely before he glared back at me and despite my anger I giggled inside at him being a complete dork.

We reached a crowded place were many stores were aligned next to each other on both sides of the street. Our hands were still intertwined when we finally stopped walking and stood outside a store that apparently opened not long ago.

I looked at the store then at him.

“So?” I asked confused, “where are we?”

He rubbed the back of his neck before looking up and my eyes followed the direction where he was looking.

It took few moments before my mouth opened in complete shock.

“Holy Yixing is that…?”

I stood there speechless looking at a huge poster hung outside the store. The poster was a side picture of a shirtless guy modeling for a certain jeans brand. The picture was black and white, the guy’s hair was pushed back and his side profile killed with his perfect jaw line. He was running his fingers through his hair giving a better view of his side ribs and abs, and the jeans was a bit low showing the edge of his boxers.

To put it in few words; the model looked super hot.

Yixing looked at ground scratching the back of his neck again. He was shy.

“That’s… uh, me” he smiled sheepishly.

“Holy ” was the only thing the left my mouth.

“Y-yah” he shook me who was still standing like a statue observing every detail of the picture.

“Yixing this… you… I mean… Oh God you look damn good” I managed to say, “but how…? I didn’t know you were a model?” I was still very confused.

He held my hand again and we started walking to a place less crowded although he literally dragged me reluctantly because I was planning to stare at the picture for about 10 more years but it made him shy so yeah…

We finally reached a calm and cozy coffee shop where we could talk. He joined me in the table after getting two hot chocolates which were perfect in such weather.

“I’ve been looking for a part-time job ever since I moved to your neighborhood” he started explaining, “but they would always want morning shifts or night shifts so it never worked out. Then one day I came here with Minseok hyung and I bumped into someone because the street was so crowded, and she was holding a hot cup of coffee which burned like hell so I immediately took off my shirt.”

Somewhere in the back of my head I rolled my eyes so hard at the thought of him taking off his shirt and showing his y figure to everyone. But I soon shook the idea off not to lose track of his story.

“So of course I entered the first store I found to buy a shirt to wear” I continued listening. “And there was this woman, the owner of the store, she offered me a job. She said she wanted to start a new brand but she had a very low budget and she wasn’t capable of paying for famous idols or models, so she asked me if I would do it for a lower price” he said, “but by lower price she meant low as in idols wouldn’t accept it but for me it’s more than good.”

He continued explaining about how good the offer was because he got paid for an easy job, yet they kept him the whole day preparing him and taking photos of him which explains why he came back so late that night.

“I’m sorry” I said staring at the table, “I’m sorry because I doubted you…”

He leaned closer and held my hand, “I just need you to trust me half as much as I trust you Haeri,” he said softly tucking my hair behind my ear, “we need to trust each other if we want this to work.”

I immediately squeezed his hand, I hate when the idea of us not working comes up.

“I do trust you Yixing, I do I swear but…” I sighed, “I was jealous…” I admitted.

“But baby you should know I only love you! There’s nothing to be jealous about, she means nothing to me, when will you understand that to me you are everything Haeri.”

“I won’t doubt you anymore” I shook my head like a little child promising her parents that she’ll no longer cause trouble.

“Promise?”

“Promise” I nodded quickly assuring him.

I blushed violently when he leaned in closer and kissed my lips lightly ignoring everyone else in there.

“Zhang Yixing-ssi” I called him playfully.

“Yes Kang Haeri-ssi?” he asked with same playfulness.

“You’re one hot model” I stuck my tongue at him but I meant it.

“Yah! Don’t tease” we both laughed.

We spent the rest of the day together wandering the streets and visiting random stores. Yixing even got me roses. This crazy boy… I love him so much.

 

 

“Good morning” I greeted Jina and Sehun who stood next to the lockers.

“Morning” the replied in union and Jina gave me a small hug.

“Are you feeling better?” asked Sehun.

“Yes I’m fine now” I smiled at him.

“That’s good” he ruffled my hair lightly, “aish Jongin didn’t come today” he complained, “I’ll have to deal with you three freaks alone today” he complained jokingly.

I decided not to comment about this thing even though it was bothering. I had no idea if they knew that he confessed to me but it looked like they didn’t know.

I ignored the topic and we walked to class.

“Jina” I whispered, “thank you” I said.

“Why?” she asked confused.

“Because if it wasn’t for you I would have ruined everything with Yixing” I said, “so thank you.”

“Ahh that’s what friends are for” she smiled and waved her hand dismissingly.

 

After two deadly boring periods, I went out to the bathroom.

I was washing my hands and fixing my hair in front of the mirror when I heard the door opening.

“You really like hanging out near the bathrooms don’t you… Haeri?” I froze knowing exactly who was talking.

“I knew that was you” I scoffed looking at her through the mirror.

“Oh what do you mean?” she asked with so much fake innocence.

“Let’s not play around Sora” I turned to face her, “I have nothing to be afraid of, and you better stay out of my way” I warned before I made my way to the door, I stopped at the door and looked back at her “oh and Sora, stay away of Yixing because you have no chance with him” I spat.

I turned to leave but stopped again when she spoke.

“I wouldn’t be too sure if I was you” she smiled like a and walked slowly to me, “see Haeri, I really like Yixing” she pouted but soon turned that fake pout into a y smirk “and I’m not willing to easily let go of him” she continued, “and I will NOT let go” she emphasized the ‘not’ before she walked outside the bathroom making sure she bumped her shoulder into mine.

 

That rude … did she seriously just tell me that she’s gonna fight for my boyfriend?

I walked back to class holding my head up high trying to show Sora that I was not affected by her words.

I really am not.

I trust Yixing, she stands no chance. She can never take him away from me.

--------------------------------

I don't know about this chapter sometimes i'm lame >< i'll do better in the coming chapters tho i promise