Chapter Sixteen

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Haeri’s POV

I was enjoying torturing Yixing, just teasing him, annoying him and making him jealous was making me happy. I guess it’s because every time he’s pissed I can feel how much he cared about me.

And I loved that he cared about me.

Still following Jina’s instructions, I changed the dye of my hair strand from dark blue to something more refreshing and more eye-catching.

I dyed it bright pink.

It was Monday morning and I purposely woke up 10 minutes earlier so I went to the bus station alone instead of walking with Yixing the way we usually do.

I just wanted to show him that nope I am not that interested in him.

But truth is, it felt weird to walk without him. Even though I’ve been walking alone for years but ever since he came things changed and somehow he entered different parts of my life.

It is now harder to imagine it without Yixing.

 

I took a seat next to the window and as if luck was with me, a handsome guy entered the bus and he took a seat beside me.

I saw Yixing from my window walking toward the bus, I don’t know why but my heart skipped a beat.

He hopped in quickly looking around for a seat I guess but suddenly slowed down when our eyes met. I immediately looked away but I felt his gazes on me.

“You know you could have told me you’re coming alone” he purposely threw me a fake smile to show how annoyed he was “I wouldn’t have waited in the rain” he took the seat in front of me and turned to face me.

“I don’t have your number” I simply shrugged and waved my phone in front of him. He snatched it like a jerk from my hand and pressed his fingers on the screen.

“Hey!” I snapped at him trying to take my phone back “give me my phone back” but I couldn’t reach for it.

“Here” he gave it back when he was done “now you have my number.”

I rolled my eyes at him as I snatched my phone back from his hands, “don’t touch my stuff again” I said.

He stayed silent for a moment still looking at me but I wasn’t looking back.

“What?” I said “stop staring.”

“Your hair” he said, the jerk finally noticed “it’s pretty.”

I tried so hard not to blush or smile BUT IT JUST MADE ME SO HAPPY AND IT SHOWED ON MY FACE. I didn’t say anything but I saw him smiling when I smiled.

“Excuse me” he said and I looked at him but he wasn’t talking to me, he was talking to the guy next to me. “Could we change seats?” he asked.

“Uh I’m not sure it’s okay” the guy replied “the girl looked annoyed by you” he said awkwardly and I laughed silently.

“She is not annoyed by me she’s my girlfriend now please change seats” said Yixing in a tougher tone AND MY HEART BURST AGAIN.

He just said the me Kang Haeri is his girlfriend.

“Pfft” I scoffed “I am NOT his girlfriend” I rolled my eyes emphasizing the ‘not’.

“You will be soon” he shot back with so much confidence and I froze for a minute. He wants me to be his girlfriend. And I liked how he said it with too much confidence like he’s not playing games.

 

“See now I can relax” he told me after they changed seats then he laid his head back and closed his eyes while he was still smiling. I looked at him with the corner of my eye, he looked so cute, like really he looked like a pure baby who is filled with positivity and pure emotions.

His beautiful dimple looked so fluffy as usual I somehow couldn’t stop my finger from reaching to touch it. He opened his eyes slowly when he felt my finger on his dimple and he looked at me with confusion.

“It disappeared” I said when he stopped smiling and I awkwardly turned my head to face the window. He pinched my cheek softly and closed his eyes again.

 

 

Yixing’s POV

The walk this morning felt lonely. Ever since I came here Haeri has always been there, sometimes by coincidence and sometimes by planning it but either ways she had been around since day one.

I somehow got attached to her presence, I love her presence, and even though she’s such a troublemaker but I still always want her around.

When I say I like her I really mean it. I just want her to give me a chance to grow closer to her.

This morning she looked so beautiful. She dyed her hair bright pink and it made her look even more lively and bright.

I was walking behind her and comments like “beautiful”, “wow”, “hot” were heard the moment she stepped into the school. Everyone was telling her how beautiful she looked and when I say everyone I mean 90% guys.

I rolled my eyes every time she smiled shyly saying “thank you” and “aww thanks” to everyone. If only I could make them all shut up and stop looking at her.

Unfortunately I had no right to do so.

I took my usual seat in class as it was about to start when Haeri walked in with Jina, they were talking and whispering to each other but nothing was heard at first but then as they passed by my table I heard Haeri saying “I’ll let you borrow the CD Tae gave me yesterday but be careful not to ruin it.”

CD?

Yesterday?

TAE?

Not even his full freaking name!

I almost crushed the pencil from clenching my fist around it too strongly, I just wanted to flip the table.

The more I try to get her the harder it seems to work.

 

 

Haeri’s POV

I giggled with Jina when we saw Yixing’s reaction to what he heard. What I said was obviously a lie I know no one named Tae and I never went on a date yesterday.

“He’s trying not to show it but he’s really angry right now” Jina laughed as she whispered to me.

“How do you know for sure though?” I asked.

“His ears are red and he’ll break the pencil anytime soon” she replied and we laughed more.

“But Jina” I moved closer to her “I don’t want him to think I’m dating and then he’d give up on me” I whispered to her ears.

“Nah don’t worry” she said “this was the last stage of teasing and ignoring him, if he really likes you he’ll stick around.”

“What are you two talking about?” Eunha popped her head between ours suddenly and I gasped.

“ Eunha I thought it was the teacher” I said placing my hand over my chest.

“So what are you talking about?” she asked again and I saw Sehun looking at us wanting to know too.

I wanted to tell them of course because we don’t keep secrets but that was the most wrong time to talk about this so I decided to do it later.

“Uh nothing just planning what to eat today” I shrugged casually and she just nodded.

 

 

We were walking to the cafeteria to have lunch when I saw Yixing walking with Jongdae toward the cafeteria as well. They seem to get along.

“Oppa!” the same annoying voice rang in my ear as Sora approached the two, “let me buy you lunch today Yixing oppa!” she beamed at him and he smiled shyly.

Jerk.

Bastard.

I tried to walk closer to them without making it obvious, because I wanted to hear their conversation.

“Thank you Sora but there’s no need to” he rejected politely.

“But oppa!” she whined “I insist.”

Can I just go punch the ?

She kept insisting and clinging to him until he accepted.

“You can join us” Yixing said “but I’ll buy it for you” he smiled at her and she almost jumped into his arms as she thanked him happily.

 Clingy was throwing herself all over him. The three of them sat together for lunch eventually and I didn’t like it at all.

 

When it was time to leave I hugged my friends goodbye and started walking slowly to my bus. I looked around but Yixing wasn’t there.

He would usually walk next to me or right behind me but he was no where to be found.

“Of course oppa!” I heard Sora’s annoying voice from behind. I turned my head slowly when I saw her and Yixing’s back facing me. They were standing together near the school gates.

“My bus is this way” she said pointing to the opposite direction of our usual station.

I felt the breath got stuck in my lungs and I couldn’t believe what I saw. He nodded and she wrapped her hands around his arm as they walked together toward her bus.

Yixing was leaving with her.

-------------------------------------------

Hey ^^ I was gonna update sooner but something came up~ I'm sorry for typos and mistakes >< Stay warm <3