Chapter Thirty-one

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Third POV

“Haeri!” Chanyeol knocked again on her bedroom door, “hurry up.”

He was leaning his shoulder against the door and he almost fell in when Haeri opened the door violently.

“Geez stop nagging!” she snapped, “I don’t get what’s so exciting about hanging out with my friends in a freaking park.”

“Don’t be so grumpy, I’m just happy to get to know them more. I like them” he grinned stupidly.

Chanyeol grabbed his car keys but Haeri stopped him. “Let’s just walk there” she said.

 

The two were walking down the street heading to the park where they were going to meet Eunha, Jina, Jongin, Sehun and Kyungsoo. Haeri took out her phone from her pocket to check the time and Chanyeol’s eyes automatically checked her screen as well.

“That’s your boyfriend?” he asked pointing at her lock screen photo.

“Yeah” she looked at it sadly. It was a selca of them they took on prom night; Yixing was hugging her from behind and his chin resting on her shoulder.

“You must really love him” Chanyeol smiled, “I have never seen you smiling like that before” he said referring to Haeri’s smile in the photo.

“More than anything” she said in a low miserable voice.

“What? Got problems?”

Haeri tucked her hands in her pockets, “I don’t know…” she shrugged “he’s always busy, we barely talk and I feel like the distance between us is growing to more than just the distance between our countries.”

“Well, he’s a trainee you said, right? So it’s normal if he’s always busy” Chanyeol said.

“Yes I know, but regardless of the reason, being so far away from each other is so hard. I don’t know if he even misses me, or if he feels like he needs to talk to me you know? Like, I called him twice before and a girl answers his phone. Am I supposed to be fine with that?”

“What did he say about it?”

“He said that I should trust him because with no trust we can’t work out.”

“And do you trust him?”

“I’m don't know… I love him, and I want to trust him but sometimes I just don’t know…”

“Haeri” he stopped walking and turned his sister to face him, “you either trust someone or you don’t. So when you don’t know if you trust them, it means you don’t. I can see you love him so much, unfortunately I don’t know him so I can’t judge about him, but think well before you choose whether to work on your trust issues or to end it.”

Haeri’s head and shoulders dropped. She loves Yixing so much, and as much as she hated to admit it, she was no longer sure about their relationship. Of course she loves him more than anything, but most of the times it feels like they’re not even together.

She got a headache from over thinking through all the way.

~*~

“No don’t get me wrong I really love staying here,” said Haeri, “but our house there is much closer to my university which is starting in few days. If I stayed here I’d have to wake up earlier and take a long ride in the morning.”

“But Chanyeol can drive you with him” said Mr. Park.

“Yes Haeri please!” Chanyeol wined like a baby. “I’m so used to having you around” he pouted in hopes that he can convince her.

“Besides Haeri, I’d be worried if you had to stay there alone.” Her mom spoke too.

“Mom I’m no longer a child. And even if Chanyeol drove us there it would still take a lot of time,” she argued “I really hate waking up early, and Chanyeol-ah I’m really used to you too but I don’t know… maybe you can stay there with me instead?”

“Me?” he pointed at himself surprised.

“Yeah I mean why not? It’s much closer to our university. It’s like having a roommate, except I’m not annoying and you wouldn’t have to pay” she tried to convince them. “Or let’s discuss the payment later” she snorted but soon stopped when no one reacted to her joke.

“That could work too” Haeri’s mom commented, “at least with Chanyeol there I wouldn’t worry about her” she told her husband.

“We can still spend weekends here please you guysss don’t make it a big deal” Haeri complained.

Chanyeol didn’t care about leaving his huge house and huge room to go live in an average house. He was actually glad that Haeri asked him to be her roommate, and he was more than willing to stay with his sister instead of staying lonely at his huge house.

Haeri was looking at him waiting for his reply. “So?” she asked impatiently.

“I’ll go!” he grinned making and ‘okay’ sign with his fingers.

“WOOHOOO” Haeri clapped twice and shook her lightly doing a victory dance causing the rest to laugh.

 

~*~

Yixing finally went back to his dorm; it was 1 AM and he was so tired and sleepy from the hard work since 7 AM. It was like that every day, the agency saw in him so much potential and they wanted him to debut as soon as possible, so they didn’t go easy on him. He went through different types of training daily and so whenever he came back to his room he’d be completely worn out that he’d immediately fall asleep right after taking a shower, and he never cared about skipping his meals.

He missed Haeri so much, but 14 hours difference in their time zones weren’t helping either because it meant often during his breaks, when he has the most time to talk, she’d be probably asleep.

“Dude, you should take more care of yourself” his roommate said. “You’ll fall sick like that.”

“They don’t give me enough time to rest though.” Yixing stretched his arms and yawned wildly. His eyes looked tired.

“Same here.”

 Yixing groaned burying his head deeper in the pillow, “I barely speak to my parents and my girlfriend.” He took his phone and checked it for any new messages from Haeri but he found none. He sighed. Did she forget about him? He called her.

“Hello?” He closed his when he heard her voice.

“Haeri-ya” he called her name tiredly.

“Yixing, are you okay? Isn’t it really late there?”

“Yeah I just missed you.”

“I miss you too.”

He felt like something was not right, he felt uneasy. Haeri would usually sound happier when he calls her. “Baby, are you okay?” he asked her.

“Yes I’m fine, why?” she didn’t sound mean, yet she didn’t sound like normal to him.

“You don’t sound like it.”

“Well, I’m just a bit nervous about tomorrow” she laughed, “omg I sound just like kids.”

“Eh? What’s tomorrow?” he asked confused.

“I told you twice before but I guess you forgot… anyway, it’s the first day of university.”

He closed his eyes when he remembered that she texted him about that just the day before. “O-oh right, I’m sorry baby, but don’t worry you’ll do fine! Fighting!”

She faked a small laugh, “thanks.”

“Why are you like this Haeri?” he asked kinda frustrated kinda irritated by her tone.

“Nothing you’re just forgetting a lot of things lately, it’s good you still remember me though.”

“Didn’t I just call you?!”

“Yeah thanks for that too I guess.”

“What the hell has happened to you?” Yixing hissed furiously. He was so tired and he missed her but she was so dry and bitter it pissed the hell out of him. He didn’t understand why she was acting like that and what happened to her.

“Nothing” she said coldly.

In fact there were a lot of things hurting her, mainly him being away. But she knew she couldn’t do anything about it. Things like him having to hang up few minutes after every time she calls, girls answering his phone, and him forgetting things she tells him. Heck they speak so little she hadn’t even told him about Chanyeol yet. All he knows is she has a stepbrother, but he knows nothing about him or her stepfather.

“Let’s just talk later Yixing, I know it’s late and you should be resting because you probably have to wake up early.”

“Don’t pretend like you’re worried about me just so I can shut up and go to sleep. You could just say that you don’t really want to talk to me if thats the case.”

“Pretend? I’m not pretending! I don’t wanna talk right now because it’s freaking late at your place and I want you to rest!”

“Fine Haeri,” Yixing rubbed his eyes, he spoke in a tired tone “as you like, goodnight” he hang up not waiting for her reply and threw his phone away before burying his head back into his pillow.

She stayed quiet for a moment. “Goodnight” she said softly even though she knew the call was already disconnected.

~*~

Haeri’s POV

Ever since I started university, I’ve been busy with studying, because I decided to work hard and try my best to get high marks. The childish immature high school Haeri changed into someone with bigger goals and dreams.

I am now studying literature since I surprisingly found out that I have passion for reading and writing. I even developed a new hobby of writing and sometimes I post my writings online. I go to my university and come back home daily with Chanyeol since, thankfully, our schedules happened to match.

It was 7 PM when I finished taking a shower and sat lazily on my bed. I opened my laptop and started working on my homework. Minutes later, my phone started ringing; while my eyes were still focused on the laptop’s screen, I picked up and placed the phone between my shoulder and ear so I could continue typing.

“Hello?” I greeted.

“Hey” I stopped typing when I heard Yixing’s calm voice.

“Yixing” I held the phone against my ear.

“It’s been a while” he said.

“Well, you don’t call anymore.”

“You don’t either.”

“You’re always busy, you probably wouldn’t have picked up.”

He sighed. “What happened to us Haeri?”

I let out a breath that I realized I was holding since the moment I heard his voice.

“T-this is too hard… Yixing… it feels like we’re not together” I said honestly.

“W-what?” he whispered.

“You’ve been away, we never speak yet when we do we always end up fighting, we never know anything about what’s going on with the other, we- we have grown really apart.”

“Haeri… d-do you mean you don’t l-love me anymore?”

“No this is not what i mean Yixing” my throat began to feel sore, “I’m just tired… are we really together? It doesn’t feel like it. I’m losing my strength, I feel like I’m hanging onto a very weak thread…”

“Don’t Haeri, don’t say you’re leaving me” he choked struggling to suppress his tears but mine already started falling like a river down my cheeks.

“It’s not easy for me either” I managed to say through my sobs, “I love you so much Yixing, more than anything but I can’t do this anymore, I’m so sorry.”

For a minute I heard nothing but him crying.

“You can’t leave me” he cried, “I know it’s not easy… but, I can’t live without you Haeri.”

“We’re already living without each other” I sobbed, “It’s too hard, I’m sorry.”

“Haeri please, please don’t, I love you so much I’m so sorry for everything I’ll treat you better, I’ll take more care of you-“

“It’s not your fault! You’ve been doing everything you could and I know you’re tired. I’m sorry for not being able to stay strong and i'm sorry for being selfish” I gasped for air.

“So… so this is what you want?” his voice cracked breaking my heart with it.

“Yes…”

“I’m so sorry if I hurt you but you should know Haeri that I never stopped loving you” he said through his tears, “I love you Haeri, I will always love you.”

I covered my mouth with my hand trying to hold back my sobs as much as I could.

“I’m sorry… I love you” I whispered softly before hanging up.

I held the necklace that never left my neck, and I wasn’t going to take it off now either. Yixing asked me to remove it only if I stopped loving him, and even though I ended things between us, I still love him so much.

“Haeri-ya” Chanyeol called me while knocking on the door, “are you okay? Are you crying?” he kept asking and my sobs got louder. “I’m coming in” he said before opening the door.

“Chanyeol-ah…” I cried.

“Oh God Haeri what happened?” he ran and sat on bed beside me, “are you okay?” he asked looking at me.

I shook my head. “I broke up with Yixing” I was choking with tears.

“What! I mean, why?”

“Because I can’t go on like that anymore! Our relationship changed so much. When he was here we used to stay together the whole time and now we don’t even talk and I know it’s not his fault I swear I know… blame me for being too ing weak but this doesn’t feel like a relationship anymore Chanyeol, do you understand me?”

“Yes, its okay, it’s all gonna be okay” he said offering me his shoulder to cry on. I cried and cried while he sang for me with his soothing deep voice the whole night; he kept patting my back trying to comfort me. The last thing I remember before falling asleep is how heavy my eyes felt.

~*~

Third POV

Yixing became like a machine. All he does is practice and work out and study, he obeys the rules and does everything he’s asked to do by his over demanding instructors. He skips meals and barely sleeps; he tries his best to keep himself busy, even busier than before.

Yet every time he ends up in bed so late at night, memories of him and Haeri would never leave his mind. He feels like a knife is twisting in his heart. She still brings tears to him, even two months after breaking up, he still feels like he’s suffocating, like his breath is stuck somewhere and won’t come out.

 

“I’ve got news for you” said the CEO of the agency to Yixing after he asked to meet him personally, “you’ll be debuting soon.”

“W-What?” Yixing was surprised, he was supposed to train for a year, and even though he knew they might make him debut earlier, he never expected six months earlier.

“For now, you’ll start as a model in different countries, then based on what happens we’ll see if you’re ready to debut as an actor too” the man said.

Yixing smiled for the first time in so long, debuting soon means this hell will end. This endless training and the hectic practicing will be over. He will be set free out of this prison and he will start his actual career instead.

“Thank you sir!” he repeated bowing several times, “I’ll work hard” Yixing promised.

~*~

{4 months later}

Haeri’s POV

“Stop being so damn loud I’m trying to study here” I yelled at that noisy brother of mine but he didn’t stop playing with his stupid mini cars, “for God’s sake Chanyeol shouldn’t you be studying for your finals too?”

He sighed and stopped playing with them but then suddenly screamed “Let’s go get ice cream!” he grinned.

I was supposed to study for my finals because I wanted to do as good as I did on the last semester, but I’m weak for ice cream, especially now that the weather is nice again and summer is almost here. Chanyeol stood next to the door waiting for my reply.

I groaned “I don’t know if you’re the worst or the best brother ever” he laughed as I quickly put on my shoes and walked to the door, “let’s go.”

 

“What flavor?” he asked as we approached the ice cream place.

“Chocolate, duh, with Oreos. I’ll wait for you here” I said pointing at a bench outside.

“Okay I’ll be back soon” he said before entering and I sat there waiting.

 

While I was waiting, a group of school girls came out of the place chatting loudly and squeaking. 

“OMG did you see how hot he is??” one of them said.

“So hot!!! And he’s really manly, his shoulders are so broad and his lips are so kissable!” another one said.

“I KNOW RIGHT! Where has this gem been? I’m collecting all his photos ever since I saw him” the first one spoke again showing her friends a stack of pictures with different sizes. “I’m so glad he’s debuting as an actor too” she jumped happily.

The girls were already walking further when I noticed one of them dropped a picture on the ground near me.

“Oh, hey” I called her as I picked the picture from the ground but the girls were already too far. “She didn’t hear m-“ my eyes widened in great shock when I flipped the picture and saw the guy they were fangirling about.

Or should I say the model and soon-to-be actor?

“Y-Yixing…” I breathed still staring at the picture in my hand. My heart sank.

“Here’s an Oreo chocolate ice cream for my sis!” Chanyeol’s cheerful voice came from behind me. “Why are you standing like a statue? What happened?” he asked still holding both ice creams.

“E-eh?” Is all that came out of my mouth. A million thoughts were already striking my brain.

I’m so glad he’s debuting as an actor too.

His shoulders are so broad and his lips are so kissable.

Where has this gem been?

I’m collecting all his photos ever since I saw him.

The girls’ conversation kept running in my head. I got too many mixed emotions I felt like I was shaken from deep inside.

“Haeri it will melt in my hands what happened?” Chanyeol interrupted my thoughts.

“Ah sorry” I left the photo at the bench and took my ice cream, “nothing let’s go.”

Chanyeol just shrugged and we went back home while eating our ice creams which I totally lost the appetite to continue.

 

I went upstairs when we got back home straight to take a shower. “Stop thinking about him Haeri” I spoke to myself as the cold water was hitting my head harshly. “You left long ago stop thinking about him. It is all over now.” I kept slapping my face and shaking my head trying to stop thinking. “And don’t you dare cry” I firmly scolded myself.

“You better get yourself together Kang Haeri!” I scolded my reflection on the mirror again before I decided to go continue studying.

~*~

“We’re finally done with finals ~~~” I sang beside Chanyeol who was driving. We were going to my stepdad’s house since he asked to see Chanyeol.

“YES we’re so gonna enjoy the vacation” he smirked and I totally agreed.

 

“Hello,” Chanyeol greeted one of the maids and I did the same. “Is dad home?” he asked her.

“Yes he told me to tell you both to meet him in his office” she said and bowed before leaving.

“Eh? Me too?” I pointed at myself.

Chanyeol shrugged, “I guess? Let’s go see.”

 

“Hello kids,” my stepdad greeted us with a big sweet smile as usual, “how was your finals?” he looked at us both.

“Good!” Chanyeol raised a thumb up. He looked at me then waiting for my answer as well.

“Good!” I copied Chanyeol.

“I’m glad” he smiled proudly.

“So dad what did you want to see us for?” Chanyeol asked him as both of us took our seats beside each other.

“Well, I need you both to do me a favor,” he started. Me and Chanyeol looked at each other with clueless faces then we turned back to listen to him carefully. “I need you both to attend a party next week, it’s a business thing. It is for charity and our company needs to participate especially because we are considered one of the most important fashion companies in the country.”

“M-me too?” I asked confused.

“Yes of course! I’d be proud if my son and my daughter both represented me” he replied instantly with a big wide smile on his face.

It made me so emotional, happy and proud. The fact that he always treats me and Chanyeol equally makes me appreciate and respect and love him more each day.

“We’ll go” Chanyeol grinned, “right Haeri?” he turned to me.

“Right” I nodded happily, “we’ll go together.”

~*~

Yixing’s POV

After the successful debut as a model, things got crazier. Suddenly my life changed, I started getting more offers and compliments, but the most precious and touching part is the people that became my fans.

“It’s time to leave France” my manager spoke as I was falling asleep in the car. We came here for the fashion week in Paris. “You have another schedule,” he said and I rolled my eyes because I haven’t had a break for so long. “Don’t worry you’ll have a break after that” he assured me.

“Yes thank you” I replied trying not to fall asleep. It was already past midnight and we didn’t seem to be anywhere near the hotel I’m staying in yet.

“Our flight is tomorrow morning, at 7 AM.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yes because the other flight to South Korea would be very late at night.”

“W-where?” my heart skipped a beat.

“South Korea, there’s a charity party that is arranged and attended by the biggest fashion companies in Korea. You’ll be attending.” He said leaving me speechless.

--------------------------------------------

Guys omg sorry for the late update t^t

Y'all Yixing and Haeri are attending the same event. Oh and Chanyeol too.

Speaking of our angel, seeing him injured made me cry... I hope he's recovering well <3

Also sorry for any typos