Chapter Eight

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Haeri’s POV

“Nice pajamas by the way” he mocked and I saw him suppressing his laughter.

I honestly had no idea what pajamas I was wearing, my eyes were barely opened and I was still half asleep. I looked down to check myself and found out I was wearing my baggy hello-kitty one.

OH MY GOD!!!

My eyes widened in horror and all I could do is run and hide inside.

 “I HATE YOU ZHANG YIXING” I yelled as I slipped inside and closed the door shut as if some monster is running after me.

I managed to take a glimpse of him as I was shutting the door. He was laughing wholeheartedly and very loudly. He held his stomach with one hand and pointed at me with the other one. His eyes were closed from laughing so hard.

That jerk was laughing at me right in front of my face.

I walked to my room and looked at myself in the mirror right after I closed the door. My morning face looked like , my hair was messed up, and I have to admit I looked ridiculous in that oversized bright pink pajamas.

Ugh I look ridiculous.

I stared at my reflection frowning for few more minutes when suddenly Yixing’s image laughing so hard popped in my head again and that’s when I burst into laughing.

Stupid bastard I’m even laughing at myself because of him.

 

 

After spending my morning watching TV or surfing the internet and laying here and there, I took a shower and put on my black skinny jeans with a white top, a denim jacket, and my white Nike shoes. I dried my hair before getting out because the weather changed and it’s getting colder. I really don’t wanna catch a cold.

It’s already 1pm and I still didn’t eat a proper meal, my stomach is screaming!!!! I decided to grab something to eat so I hurried out.

 Thank God the supermarket wasn’t that far, just few minutes walking to reach it. I’d usually try to cook something or I’d order something but today I just felt like cooking instant noodles.

I soon left the supermarket after buying 4 packets of noodles and some popcorn and chips and cookies.

Blame my hungry stomach; I couldn’t prevent myself from buying junk food.

It’s really getting colder! The wind kept hitting my face harshly and pushing my hair in front of my eyes while I was on my way back home.

 I hang the plastic bag containing the stuff I bought on my wrist and tucked my hands in my pockets to hide them from the cold wind.

“Haeri!” I slightly jumped hearing someone yelling my name. I turned my head to face the source of the voice as I was brushing the hair that covered my eyes away from my face.

 I met Yixing wearing light blue jeans with a zipped-up black jacket. He looked good.

“Do you have to be so loud?” I rolled my eyes at him.

“Uh you didn’t hear when I called for the first time” he said taking few steps toward me.

“What do you want” I asked pretending to be annoyed.

“Still in a bad mood huh?” HE SUPPRESSED THAT LAUGH AGAIN JUST LIKE HE DID EARLIER THIS MORNING.

I just rolled my eyes and turned to continue my way home but he held my arm and stopped me.

“Okay okay sorry” he said as he turned me around to face him, he was still smiling.

“So what do you want” I was really hungry I wanted to go eat already.

“Uh I’m, I actually need help to reach the supermarket”

“Okay so take the left turn here” I said pointing at the end of the road “then walk for few meters you’ll find a pharmacy and to its right there’s this narrow road take it and at its end take the right turn then-“

“W-wait… Hae- Haeri… HAERI!” he stopped me.

“What!” I wanted to scream I AM HUNGRY LET ME GO YIXING.

“Go with me” he'd be crazy if he thought i'd go back to the supermarket before even eating.

I gave him the no-freaking-way laugh before replying with a simple “no.”

 I turned and took few steps away from him but I soon stopped when I heard him mumbling “And she said I should ask her if I ever need help.”

I pressed my lips in a thin line, “But I’m dead hungry I wanna go eat” I complained pointing at my house.

“But I’m dead hungry too” he mumbled again avoiding my eyes and I really felt bad for him. He was all alone, he had no one to cook for him and he needed to go to the supermarket if he wanted to cook.

“Okay I have a good idea” he raised a brow, “come have lunch with me I’m cooking.”

“You cook?!”

“What makes you think I don’t” I folded my arms against my chest, the plastic bag still hung on my wrist.

“I don’t know” he simply shrugged.

“Whatever, follow me” I rolled my eyes and walked home, Yixing following me.

 

YIXING’S POV

“Follow me” she said and so I did.

She leaded the way and I followed her, then I took faster steps and walked beside her. Her hair kept flying occasionally hitting my cheek.

I never knew getting hit by girls’ hair would actually be painful.

 

She told me to take a seat at the kitchen’s table as she cooks. She stood by the counter after taking her jacket off and tying her hair into a messy bun.

I was curious about what kind of food she’d be cooking when to my surprise she pulled few packets of noodles from the plastic bag she got from the supermarket.

I swear I tried not to laugh but the fact that she called instant noodles cooking was funny. I mean seriously who doesn’t know how to cook instant noodles? I kinda found it funny but in a cute way, this girl is really something.

“What are you laughing about” she asked, I was facing her back but I guess she heard my little laughter.

“Eh? Nothing”

“You don’t like instant noodles?” she asked bringing two filled bowls to the table. She took a seat facing me.

“No I really do, thank you so much” I replied with a thankful smile.

I was honestly hungry and I can see she was too. We ate silently first, then we talked about our neighborhood for a while.

“I still need to know where the supermarket is” I said, “unless you’re cooking for me every single time” I teased.

“You wish” she scoffed and I laughed at her answer.

“What makes you think you cook better than me?”

“You cook?” she raised her eyes while her head was still close to the bowl that’s placed on the table.

“Well I…” how to say i try to cook but always fail?

“Pft and you compare yourself to me” she scoffed again and continued eating.

“Oh please that was just instant noodles”

“Oh so now you’re saying it’s not good enough?” she looked at me in disbelief. She stood up and took both our bowl to the sink.

“But I’m not finished yet!” but she took it anyway from right under my chin!

“Go cook something better for yourself” she shrugged turning to the counter making me face her back again.

“Aish I really didn’t know your temper is that bad” I said after I went and stood next to her. She was preparing to do the dishes.

She didn’t reply me so I lightly elbowed her, then I leaned near her ear and whispered “I really loved this meal, thank you so much.”

I really was thankful not just because she cooked for both of us, but because if she weren’t there I’d be all alone. I'm kinda getting used to having her around.

I saw a little smile forming on her face saying she's no longer mad.

she was pretty.

I gently helped her when I saw she was struggling to tie the apron.

When my fingers touched her soft hands I felt like she shouldn’t do the dishes. She already prepared the food.

“I’ll do them” I said stopping her from tying the apron.

“I-its fine, I can do them”

“I want to” I insisted and so she let me. There was really almost nothing I finished them in 5 minutes.

 

“Yixing!” I heard Haeri yelling from the living room “Come eat chocolate with me!”

This girl…

I went to the living room where she was sitting on a couch picking M&Ms from the small brown bag.

Woah she was picking the brown ones! I always do that!

“Heyyy leave me some brown ones too!” I quickly sat by her side.

“No the brown ones are mine!” she folded her palm around them trying to hide them.

“But I like the brown ones!!” I complained trying to unfold her palm.

“BUT THEY ALL TASTE THE SAME LEAVE MY BABIES ALONE” she yelled.

“THEN WHY ARE YOU HOLDING ON TO THE BROWN ONES ONLY?” seriously though.

She kept raising her hand and pulling back and I kept reaching for her it, “You stubborn girl give me some!” I think I pushed a little too hard and before i knew it she was lying on the couch right under me.

I suddenly lost my breath, my heart was barely beating, and the atmosphere suddenly felt so hot.

Our bodies were too close, her warm breath hit my neck softly. I felt her chin on my chest and her forehead touched my lips.

“Y-Yixing, I-i..” she was trying to say something but she was barely breathing too. That’s when I realized my weight was on her, I was suffocating her.

Immediately I threw myself off the couch right before I stood up fixing my clothes and clearing my throat and she did the same right away.

“I.. uh i-“ I was stuttering not knowing what to say. Stopping me from forming  a complete sentence we heard the door unlock and both of our heads automatically turned to the door.

A woman looking around her mid thirties came in. She was well dressed and she looked like those rich women who take so much care of their looks that they never look old.

She looked kinda sick and dizzy though, her face was pale and she barely kept her balance.

“Mom” Haeri whispered more to herself. Her face suddenly changed, she looked angry, sad, and disappointed.

It was Haeri’s mother. And she was drunk.

-----------------------------

Thank You so much for everyone who left a nice comment i really appreciate the support <3