Chapter Five

Falling For Zhang Yixing

HAERI’S POV

What I like about our school is that they have a mini basketball stadium and an indoor swimming pool. That’s why we always enjoy PE classes so much. Whenever there’s a basketball game or tennis or volleyball or something like that we get to play in the stadium. And on days when we have swimming classes we go to the indoor pool.

My favorite sport is swimming; I’ve learned to swim ever since I was like 10. Actually it was Jongin who taught me, and I can’t be any more thankful because it became the only sport that relieves my stress.

In my class everyone knows that I’m the best swimmer, only after Jongin though.

 

“Ugh I really wanted it to be a swimming class today” I told Eunha who was struggling to fit in her shorts.

We were in the ladies dressing room changing into our sports uniforms which are made of dark blue shorts with a matching jacket.

I glanced at Eunha who was standing by my side, her shorts were a little too short, and too tight.

Eunha, Jina and I are all thin but Eunha is the curviest. We often hear guys saying her figure is the iest. Jina on the other hand is the tallest, her legs are long and slender.

Me? Uh… Haha… I don’t know but I hear they call me pretty XD

I looked at Eunha from head to toe, confusion written on my face. She obviously didn’t gain any weight but why does her uniform look like it will burst any time soon.

“Drying machine…” she sighed.

“Why did you even?” I gave her a why-are-you-so-stupid look.

“That was my mom” she rolled her eyes.

“Well look at the bright side” I saw question marks on her face, “YOU LOOK H O T” she really did!!! We winked at each other and laughed before entering the stadium to find Jina.

 

I spotted Jina standing near the sidelines of the court by herself. I went to her alone since Eunha was trying to avoid standing up and walking with that tight uniform as much as possible.

Just when I reached Jina I clearly heard her whispering something like “ing squishy” to herself. My eyes followed the direction where she was looking and there were only two people standing there.

Our coach and… Do.Kyung.Soo.

She couldn't be meaning the coach right?

“Kyungsoo?” I casually asked and I noticed how she jumped in surprise.

“Uh w-what?”

“You’re nervous” I stated as a fact, not in a questioning tone.

“I’m not” She tried to sound uninterested but FAILLLLLED because I know her too much to be fooled.

“Yes you are” i simply replied.

“I am NOT” She answered louder but she was clearly avoiding my eyes, aaaand her nervousness started to show.

“You just said Kyungsoo is squishy” I slightly shrugged.

I swear I saw her cheeks blushing as she was trying to deny it “pftt pfttt, I did not!”

“Yes you did!” I stated firmly implying that there’s no need to lie because I already know for sure that she did say he is squishy.

“I said no but whatever” she shrugged.

“Kyungsoo is cute” I teased. I do mean it though, he really is squishy and cute ><

“Shut up”

“JinSoo ~~~~~~” I sang earning few slaps from Jina on my arm.

“Get lost Haeri, tsk” that’s when Jina decided to put an end to our conversation I guess.

She walked to Eunha and I followed her still laughing. I decided to stop teasing her after I laughed out loud at her for few minutes. She’s cute when she’s angry hahaha.

 

“Don’t even ask” Eunha raised her hand giving Jina a ‘stop’ sign.

“Drying machine” there, I killed her curiosity.

“Okay so class” the coach clapped twice to grab everyone’s attention before he continued “run 10 laps to warm up before boys can choose teams and girls can either play something on the side or sit and watch”

I laughed at Eunha who was running in front of me clearly struggling with her shorts. I was more like jogging, but what can you expect from a lazy like me.

I don’t understand why this happened but my knees felt kinda weak when Yixing’s left shoulder brushed slightly against mine as he passed me.

He was running a bit faster in front of me, my eyes automatically fixed themselves on his tall manly figure. I’m sure that the sleeveless shirt he was wearing caused my heart to skip a beat… again.

I saw his y arm muscles for the first time ever, and that view was not healthy for me.

 

Yixing ran much faster than me, his figure gradually disappeared and it was replaced soon with Jonghyun’s.

Jonghyun aka jerk-player-loser-gross-etc.

WAIT WHAT DID I JUST SEE!!!!!!!! THAT DISGUSTING JERK HE JUST PINCHED EUNHA’S OMG SHE SHOULD SLAP THE OUT OF HI-

HOLLY TTT! IS JONGHYUN EVEN STILL ALIVE?

Okay okay lets calm down I’m sure you don’t understand what happened. Let me go again.

So Jonghyun pinched Eunha’s that cheap jerk and just when she turned around to face him HE RECEIVED A FLYING PUNCH FROM SEHUN.

RIGHT ON THE NOSE.

YES HE IS KNOCKED DOWN ON THE FLOOR.

I DON’T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHERE DID SEHUN COME FROM.

DAMN HE WAS NOWHERE NEAR MY VISION.

HE MUST HAVE RAN IN THE SPEED OF LIGHT.

Okay I got carried away, lets calm down again. But first let me say one thing:

I AM PROUD OF OH SEHUN.

“Here put this on” I saw Sehun placing his jacket over Eunha’s shoulders gently even though his faced burned with anger. The jacket covered her body better since it was oversized.

“Thank you” Eunha whispered still shocked.

“You okay?” he slightly ruffled her hair before he continued “don’t worry I’ll break his bones if he does that again.” Sehun patted her shoulder and jogged away before she could reply.

 

 

“I’ll choose two captains and then each can choose 4 players to be in their respective teams” the coach started grabbing everyone’s attention.

“Kim Jongin and, hmm let’s see..” he traced his pencil along the list of names in his paper before choosing the captain of the second team “Zhang Yixing”.

Oh wow! That’s gonna be interesting.

For the past few years it’s always been like this, Jongin being a captain, him choosing Sehun and few others, then them winning. And I don’t expect anything different this year.

“Bro” Jongin smiled pointing at Sehun who smiled back at him and joined his side hitting a high-five. It was obvious that Jongin was going to choose Sehun first, just like he always did.

 Aww those two <3

I wondered how Yixing who literally has no idea how anyone plays will be able to choose. He chose anyway. “Kim Jongdae.” Jongdae gave Yixing a thank-you look and joined his side.

“Minsoo”

“Do Kyungsoo” (Ohh Jina’s squishy boy XD)

“Jimin”

“Park Chanyeol”

“Minho”

“Bang Yongguk”

So eventually team one had Jongin, Sehun, Minsoo, Jimin, and Minho. And team two had Yixing, Jongdae, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Yongguk.

Cheerings turned louder as the coach blew his whistle and the game started real strong.

I sat with Jina and Eunha watching the game and cheering. I’d be lying if I say I took my eyes off Yixing.

UGH I REALLY COULDN’T!! I couldn’t take my eyes off the way his muscles moved every time he stretched his arm or folded it, the way his long legs were moving swiftly on the playground, the way his fluffy hair bounced every time he jumped, and the way his forehead shined with droplets of sweat.

And then there’s the way he gave instructions, the way he took control and how he ordered his teammates around, he looked so bossy and manly, just so y.

“KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE TARGET CHANYEOL!” he yelled for Chanyeol to hear him.

“Kyungsoo!! Pass the ball pass it right now!!” He ordered.

“Yongguk!” he yelled again before he passed the ball to Chanyeol to shoot since he’s the tallest. And scoreeeeee!

Smart move there Yixing *claps slowly* he shouted Yongguk's name shifting everyone's attention to him but he passed the ball to Chanyeol instead.

Anyway.

The way he was focused on the game is so attractive, he played with passion and that was so beautiful.

Good thing I took the front seat so the view was really nice and clear.

“Damn Jongin’s team is behind!!!” Jina shouted near my left ear as if I’m deaf.

“Now that was so unexpected!!” Eunha shouted back near my right one. Why am I sitting between these two?

Surprisingly Yixing’s team was few points ahead. But i can't say it was easy, Jongin's team was going very strong as well.

But i guess Yixing's team used Kyungsoo’s speed, Jongdae’s accuracy at passing the ball, Yongguk’s strong defense, and Chanyeol and Yixing’s strong attacks. They cooperated so well. The two hardly missed any shots!

That Zhang Yixing… Really is full of surprises.

 

Suddenly Yixing’s head turned toward me, his eyes met mine. I saw horror on his face, everything was going in slow motion. It seemed like every voice around me died, all I saw was Yixing’s widely opened eyes and echoes of his voice yelling my name rang in my ears.

And that’s when I felt something hard bumped my head right before all the sounds completely died and everything went blank.

------------------------------------------

I really hope you guys like this, I love you all <3