Chapter Eighteen

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Yixing confessed sincerely and I saw honesty in his eyes.

 “I like you Haeri” he said still holding me between his arms “so much that I feel like I wanna be with you every minute and every moment. I wanna be able to hold you and hug and tell you how much you mean to me. I wanna protect you always and make you smile and laugh. I miss you every time you’re not near me, I need you with me. I’ll treat you right Haeri I promise you, just give me a chance to be with you.”

My heart beats were racing at the speed of light. Never in my life I was so affected like that, and I was never moved by a guy’s confession before but this time my heart skipped several beats it was almost gonna burst.

“Will you do all that?” I asked biting my lip nervously.

He cupped my face and looked me right in the eye before he spoke confidently “I will” he said with a firm nod “I promise.”

His charming eyes captivated my soul, it was so hard to look away. I was nervous but excited, I was losing control over my heart because it literally left my body and jumped to Yixing.

I nodded quickly and excitedly with my eyes still fixed into his. “Yes” I said with a huge smile. I honestly had no doubt that I wanna be with Yixing. In fact, I want to be with him more than anything.

“Yes??” he asked me like he didn’t believe what I just said and I let out a small laugh at his adorable rounded eyes. I repeated “Yes” with even quicker nods showing how sure I was.

“I… like you too” I said trying to avoid his eyes because I was really shy.

He suddenly stood up swiftly and I automatically wrapped both my legs around his torso as I held on to him. I saw happiness in his eyes when he beamed and pecked my lips like a hundred times and I giggled at his dorkiness.

He hugged me tight “I’ll take care of you Haeri” he said sincerely while kissing the top of my head.

I love that about him, he takes care of me and I feel security and safety whenever he’s holding me like this.

“I know you will” I said burying my head in his neck.

 

It was almost midnight. The place was very quiet, there was only the sound of the clock ticking and my and Yixing’s heartbeats heard. We spent the past two hours cuddling, my head laid on his chest and his arms wrapped my waist. I sat between his two parted legs, and I felt so tiny in his arms. I loved that feeling.

“Yixing-ah” I looked up at his face, he was looking down at me, his chin resting on the top of my head.

“Hmm?” he hummed softly.

“I should go home it’s really late.”

“But I’d miss you” he complained while smelling my hair and pulling me closer to him.

I felt my cheeks burning suddenly, “ya” I hit his chest playfully “I’ll see you in the morning, we should get some sleep” I said as I slowly pulled away and fixed my clothes. It felt colder now.

“Okay then let me walk you home” he stood up too.

“It’s fine I’ll go alone.”

“It’s really late and cold” he helped me fix my clothes and he placed his jacket above my shoulders “I’ll walk you” he said slipping his hand into mine and holding it securely.

I looked at him slightly amazed by the way he was really taking care of me.

We walked slowly side by side toward my house where we stood in front of the front door.

“Thank you” I smiled at him, the wind was really cold I felt my nose was red and my face turned pale.

He smiled sweetly before he leaned in and kissed my forehead softly “Good night angel” he said making me blushed for the hundredth time that night.

“Good night” I waved lightly and went in.

 

 

I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm as usual, it was 6 AM and I felt especially tired because I don’t think I fell asleep before 4:30 AM and that was for various reasons.

First, I spent the whole afternoon yesterday asleep and I couldn’t sleep at night. Second, I COULDN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT MY BOYFRIEND.

Oh my God yes yes boyfriend.

My phone surprisingly vibrated indicating that I received a text message which was really rare for me to receive this early so I checked my phone curiously.

From: Baby <3

Good morning beautiful.

A huge smile suddenly replaced my frown and my whole annoyance and tiredness disappeared in less than a moment just like magic.

I contemplated whether I should reply with a ‘good morning baby’ or just ‘good morning’. I didn’t wanna sound too “dry” but I was shy to call him baby just like that. I mean I don’t know the whole thing is still new.

Ugh I even considered not replying at all but eventually I did.

To: Baby <3

Good morning

I threw my phone as soon as I replied and ran away to the bathroom. I took a quick shower before I dried my hair and fixed it into a neat ponytail. I wore my uniform underneath an olive green jacket. I applied a bit of eyeliner and I painted my lips with a soft shade of pink. At last I sprayed perfume all over my body before I threw my bag above my shoulder and ran downstairs.

 

“Omo!” I was surprised when I opened my front door and found Yixing standing there leaning on the tree.

Aww he was waiting for me.

“Good morning” he said with a sweet smile showing his dimple, he looked at me his eyes moving from my hair to my eyes to my lips “you look beautiful” he said.

I smiled shyly at his compliment, “good morning” I said.

He extended his right arm and offered his hand to hold mine.

“You really like holding hands don’t you?” I .

“I really like holding Kang Haeri’s hand” he replied holding my hand and pulling me closer to him.

We walked to the bus station holding hands and it felt so good. It felt like our hands really fit together, just like the pieces of a puzzle.

 

“Sit first” he motioned me to sit beside the window and he took the seat beside me, “baby eat this” he said handing me a beautiful red apple.

*FIREWORKS IN MY HEART WHEN HE SAYS BABY*

“Eh?” I looked at him a bit surprised.

“I know you probably didn’t have your breakfast but you should eat” he placed the apple in my hands “I wanted to prepare something better but I really woke up late” he smiled sheepishly scratching the back of his neck.

He was feeling a bit guilty while I was still looking at him a bit astonished by the fact that he actually got me an apple because he thought I should eat.

Not even my mom ever made sure I ate before school.

“Yixing-ah…” I felt very thankful and touched to be honest “you really didn’t have to…”

“Shh” he placed his finger over my lips “I don’t have to, but I want to” he said “I want to take care of my Haeri” he brushed my cheek softly “now eat this” he said pinching my nose lightly.

MY HEART WAS ABOUT TO EXPLODE INTO PIECES BECAUSE OMYGOD HE IS SO SWEET AND CARING WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS.

I accepted the apple thankfully taking a big bite from it. Yixing was happily watching me while I ate it.

“Yixing-ah” I called his name after I swallowed, “you’ll spoil me like that.”

“Let me spoil my pretty princess then” he shrugged playfully but then he looked at my eyes more seriously, “I’ll treat you well Haeri-ya, always” he said.

*EXPLOSIONS IN MY HEART*

 

Yixing’s POV

She looks extremely cute whenever I tell her something and she blushes and doesn’t know how to reply. She’d look away and smile sweetly and oh God she looks so adorable it flips my heart over.

She offered me a bite of her apple and I leaned in to take one. I suddenly felt her soft lips on my cheeks and I almost choked on the apple. She just gave me a quick peck and turned her head to face the window.

I cracked a smile at her cuteness, she’s such a small kid sometimes. Her hair was done in a ponytail so I clearly saw her red cheeks.

I can finally call her my girl, I felt like the happiest man on earth.

 

 

I held her hand again when we got off the bus. I just love the way her tiny hand fits mine perfectly, like it was meant to be held by my hand only.

“I like holding your hand” I admitted.

She wrapped her small fingers around my hand and held it a bit tighter, “I like it when you hold my hand” she said.

But only after we walked for few meters Haeri slowed down her steps.

“Everything’s okay?” I asked her. She looked a bit nervous.

“Uhm I think it’s better if we don’t hold hands here” she said as she began to untie her hand from mine.

“Uh… you don’t want anyone to know about us?” I couldn’t hide the hint of disappointment in my voice. I wanted ro tell the world she's mine but apparently she didn't feel the same about me.

“No no no it’s not like that” she immediately said “it’s just that it would be a surprise wouldn’t it? I mean no one knows yet, my friends and you know…”

“Yeah sure” I replied.

“I’m really sorry I just need some time...“

“I understand don’t worry” I assured her and smiled to her.

I did want to walk in holding her hand but I understand that she needs to talk to her friends before. I guess it would really be a surprise if we just walked in holding hands.

I walked behind her after she let go of my hand and walked there first.