Chapter Nineteen

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Haeri’s POV

“Morrrningggg!” I greeted Sehun and Jina who were standing next to our lockers.

“Someone’s in a good mood today” Jina winked at me and I immediately winked back giving her a hint that things are going great.

“What are you two hiding” Sehun raised a brow. He seriously works like a radar sometimes.

“Eh? Nothing” I waved my hand dismissingly and laughed but he still looked at us his eyes going back and forth between me and Jina.

“It’s nothing” Jina smacked his head slightly and he glared at her.

“When will you stop hitting me” he clicked his tongue in annoyance.

“When you stop being a pain in the ” she stuck her tongue mocking him.

“Sometimes I wonder how you two ended up being best friends when all you do is argue” I rolled my eyes at them.

“He loooves me” she trying to mess his hair up but failed because he’s too tall to be reached. He tried to roll his eyes at her but couldn’t hide the smile on his face.

“Shorty” he teased ruffling her hair.

These two…

I suddenly felt two hands covering my eyes from behind and I couldn’t see anything anymore.

“Hey who is it” I tried to move their hands away but I couldn’t, “yah Jongin-“

“How did you know it’s me?” he complained.

“I just know” I shrugged.

“Here” he gave me a cookie “Mom baked those cookies that you like so I brought you some.”

“Ayyeee I love them they are my favorite!” I exclaimed before I munched into one happily.

“I know you do” he smiled sweetly as he out of nowhere kissed my cheek causing me to choke because I knew Yixing was standing across the hall.

“Yah eat slowly, the cookies won’t run away” Jongin laughed while he rubbed my back and Jina gave me water.

“L-let’s go” I quickly said making my way to class and they all followed.

Yixing entered after us, he gave me a very brief half smile before he sat down and I felt a bit relieved that he wasn’t mad but I’m sure deep inside it annoyed him.

“Let me sit beside Haeri today” Jina said motioning Jongin to stand up.

“No this is my place” he said.

“Don’t be a pain in the Jongin just stand up before the teacher comes.”

“But-“

“You only sleep anyway! I wanna talk to her get up before I beat you right now” she warned angrily.

“Aish sometimes I doubt you’re a girl” he hissed annoyed as he stood up “sit you monster.”

She rolled her eyes at him and sat ignoring his words.

“So!” she whispered excitedly “what happened!!!”

“Well” I beamed happily “he’s my boyfriend now!” I whispered, we both squealed like little girls and Jina looked really happy she clapped her hands enthusiastically.

“What’s going on?” asked Eunha popping her head between us taking us by surprise. I tried to keep my smile but I was a bit nervous.

“I- uh”

“Take your seats everyone” thank God the teacher interrupted and Eunha went to sit back in her place.

I felt a bit guilty that I didn’t tell her yet but there hasn’t been a chance yet.

 

The periods were passing very slowly It was dead boring. I was falling asleep when my phone vibrated in my pocket.

From: Baby <3

Meet me at the rooftop? I miss you.

To: Baby <3

Pabo, I’m right here keke. Rooftop it is, I miss you too.

He tucked the phone in his pocket with a wide smile on his face, even though I was sitting behind but I still got a glimpse of his beautiful precious dimple.

 

“You go ahead I’ll follow you in a bit” I told my friends who were on their way to have lunch.

“Where are you going?” asked Jongin.

“Uh… to the bathroom, I’ll be right back” I was about to walk away when Eunha held my wrist.

“Wait I wanna go to the bathroom too” she joined.

Aish…

I couldn’t go meet Yixing because Eunha stayed with me all the time, I had to get back to the cafeteria with her.

To: Baby <3

Yixing-ah, I’m sorry I can’t go t^t

He walked in soon after I sent him the text message and sat beside Jongdae as usual for lunch, he looked a bit disappointed but again he gave me a little smile from across the room.

“Say aaah” Jongin broke my eye contact with Yixing as he held my chin with his hand and held the chopsticks with his other hand.

“H-huh?” I looked at him kinda shocked with his move.

“Open your mouth before the food falls!” Jongin urged me while my eyes kept nervously going back and forth between Yixing who was closely watching and the chopsticks which held the food and Jongin kept urging me to eat which made the whole situation even more stressful and I felt like I had no choice but to open my mouth and eat and so I did.

“Ahh good girl” Jongin patted my head softly.

“Yah why are you being like this today?” I asked jokingly but deep inside I really meant to ask.

“Like what?” he asked casually as he stuffed his mouth with rice.

Jina and Eunha were talking to Sehun they didn’t give us much attention and Jongin continued eating so I dropped the topic. But it honestly was uncomfortable.

I always acted naturally around Jongin and I was never disturbed by his actions. But I don’t know if he’s being a bit too friendly or is it just weird now because it is happening in front of my boyfriend.

I glanced back at Yixing, he wasn’t eating, he was just playing with his food and that’s when I lost my appetite too.

 

“Hey” I heard Yixing’s soft voice right behind me, I was on my way to the bus station and he joined me.

“Heyy” I replied calmly but happily.

“Give me this” he said taking my bag off my shoulder.

“It’s okay it’s really not heavy” I waved my hand telling him it’s okay.

“Still” he shrugged and took it anyway. We reached the bus and he motioned me to get on first and so I did. I took the seat next to the window as usual because Yixing always made sure I sat before he did, and he’d always take the seat beside the passageway so that people passing wouldn’t hit me with their stuff.

I knew he wanted to say something and I was actually expecting it but it seemed like he didn’t know how to start.

He took a deep breath and rubbed his hands together.

“Are you cold?” I asked him softly.

“Eh?” he smiled nervously “I’m fine.”

I gently slipped my hand into his and held it, “I’ll make it warmer” I said laying my head on his shoulder, not looking into his eyes.

He took a heavy breath against my hair smelling it before he kissed the top of my head, “I missed you so much” he said over my head. I closed my eyes enjoying the warm beautiful feeling with him.

“I missed you too” I said as we spoke still sitting in the same position, my head on his shoulder and his chin over my head.

“I’m so sorry about today, Yixing-ah” I apologized “I don’t know why Jongin was acting like that today I’m sorry you had to see that…”

“I can’t deny that I didn’t like seeing that… at all” he said but he was still calm “I hate that someone else other than me was touching you and feeding you and taking care of you… and I had to only watch.”

“I know you do, and have the right to” I pulled away and looked at him “It’s just that I didn’t have the opportunity to tell them yet, only Jina knows about us… but I will fix everything just give me some time” I said holding into his hand tighter because I don’t know why at that moment I was afraid he’d let go of my hand.

“Hmm” he nodded before he leaned in and kissed my forehead gently “I trust you, Haeri-ya.”

I felt my heart melting and shaking so violently like it might burst and explode into tiny little pieces. How I love the way he kisses the top of my head and my forehead. It gives me a huge feeling of comfort and I feel like the whole universe is a safe and beautiful place.

I felt honored when he said he trusted me, he made me feel better about myself.

 

“Baby” he called me as we were walking hand by hand from the bus station home. Awwww I already missed him calling me that ><

“Hmm?” I smiled shyly.

“Did you eat well today?” he asked.

“Not really” I stopped walking and held my stomach, it was growling. “You didn’t eat well either I saw you” I narrowed my eyes and pointed at him accusingly.

He scratched the back of his neck and smiled “I’m starving” he admitted and laughed.

“Same to be honest” I admitted and laughed along.

“Let’s go eat then! My treat” he held my hand a bit tighter preparing to walk and take me with him but I stopped him.

“Yixing-ah”

“Yes baby?”

“Let’s just order something and eat at your place” I suggested, “I wanna spend some time with you” I confessed shyly.

I saw his lips drawing a huge smile, he pulled me into a warm embrace and nodded quickly.

“Anything you wish for, beautiful” he said and I basically heard the happiness in his voice “let’s go in” he said dragging me to his house.

 

We both threw our bags on the floor as soon as we entered his house. Even though it’s a one-floor small house that’s more like an apartment, I loved the place more than any other place in the world. It’s very cozy and warm, and Yixing is in every corner of the house. Because only he lives there, his stuff are everywhere and the house kinda smells like him.

I sat on the couch as he changed into something more comfortable, he came to the living room wearing gray pajamas pants and he was still slipping his white t-shirt on so I tried to peek secretly on his abs but he caught me.

“Well well” he said sitting next to me as I ‘innocently’ looked away, “my baby is being a naughty girl” he teased.

“Pft” I scoffed but I already felt my cheeks blushing hard. Thank God the bell rang and I stood up quickly “PIZZA IS HERE!” I clapped happily “I’ll get the plates and you get the door” I said and went to the kitchen.

Yixing’s POV”

I paid for the pizza and followed Haeri to the kitchen. I placed the pizza on the table and took a seat as I watched her.

“Ahhhh it smells so goooooodddd” she sang while still standing on her toes trying to reach for the plates.

She murmured something like “Aishh why did he place them in a high place.”

I tried to hold my laugh as I watched her struggling to reach for the plates. She looked so cute I stood up to go and help her.

“You should’ve just called me” I said reaching easily for two plates over her head. She turned around to face me, our bodies were so close to each other, she’s shorter than me so she looked up to meet my eyes and hers formed two cute little balls.

I swear she’s the cutest in this world.

I couldn’t hold myself I pecked her pretty cherry lips quickly and I saw her cute cheeks blushing. She smiled and suddenly wrapped her arms around my torso and buried her face in my chest.

My heart started beating like crazy. I don’t know when it started, but this girl is day by day becoming my whole entire world…

 

“Oh my God this is just so delicious” she said while eating with huge appetite and I love that about her. She made me enjoy eating even more.

“I know right! Damn this is so good!” I replied and she nodded agreeing.

“If you tell me you don’t have a soda I’m running home to get two right now” she said after we finished eating.

I laughed at her, such a weirdo sometimes.

“I have soda” I laughed, I got it for her honestly because I know she loves to drink soda.

 

We sat lazily on the couch after we were done eating, no one was willing to do the dishes any time soon so we decided to do them together later. Maybe in a couple of hours.

“Come here” I pulled her closer to me, she sat between my legs her back facing my chest and her head laying against my neck, we cuddled on the couch and I smelled her hair, I love the smell of her hair.

“Haeri-ya” I called her, “are you uncomfortable because of the school uniform?” I asked because her uniform looked tiring.

She nodded slowly with a little pout.

Damn my heart felt weaker when she pouted that way.

“Come let me give you something to change” I stood up and dragged her to my room.

“Eh? You have girl’s clothes?” she asked with a frown.

“No” I laughed “I’ll just give you one of my sweaters.”

I waited outside the bedroom till she was done. She came back with a shy look on her face, wearing my brown turtle neck sweater, it covered her whole upper body but it barely covered her thighs.

I couldn’t swallow properly at first because everything was stuck in my throat which I hardly managed to clear.

She looked breathtaking.

“Come” I gestured her to come and cuddle again the way we were earlier and she came.

I held her beautiful tiny hand that barely came out of the oversized sleeve, I kissed it and placed it over my chest.

“I’m so lucky Haeri” I told her “I’m the luckiest person to have you.”

She laid her head back enough to look at me with her back still leaning on my chest, when our eyes met she sat straight and faced me with the sweetest and prettiest smile ever.

“I’m the lucky one Yixing” she placed both of her hands on my cheeks and looked me right in the eye, “I’m the luckiest girl in this world to have you” she said sincerely and I pulled her into a very tight hug.

This feeling I developed for Haeri is more than just liking her.

I love her.

------------------------------------

Honestly reading your comments is the best thing ever <3