Chapter Six

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Yixing's POV:

 
Just when i threw the ball in attempt to pass it to Kyungsoo, Jimin tried to take it, but instead he fell over Kyungsoo leaving the ball flying with its full speed toward the audience and it took me less than one second to realize it was going to hit Haeri's head.
My eyes widened in shock, "Haeri!!!!!" I yelled so she would turn her attention to avoid the ball but she seemed in another world. 
It's like everything was going in slow motion. I would've ran and helped but i already know the ball is faster of course.
Unfortunately the ball hit her head, her eyes closed slowly and her body lost balance making her fall to the floor.
"Omg Haeri are you okay??" I heard this question from several people as they all ran toward her direction to make sure she's okay.
I stood there for a moment before my brain analyzed the whole situation. I took one step preparing myself to run to her when i felt a strong grip on my shirt. 
"You ing bastard better watch your way!!! Last time you knocked her down and now she even lost conscious because of you"
"Listen Jongin that was an accident i didn't mean to-" i was trying to speak to him in a calm way when he suddenly punched me on my jaw leaving a blood stain on the corner of my lips. 
I looked at him in disbelief "I already said i didn't do it on purpose what is your problem!" I yelled at him. 
"You are!" He shot back "Stay the away from Haeri." He pushed me before taking his hands off my shirt then he turned and left. 
I don't understand him, i mean accidents happen why does he have to overreact like this! And it's not like i was trying to kill her, heck i don't want anything bad happening to her. 
He probably thinks violence is the only way to solve problems. Such a problematic boy. 
For a moment i honestly felt like beating the hell out of him but i decided to let it go. I had to check on Haeri, she was more important. 
"Excuse me" I talked to one of her friends who just stepped out of the nurse's room, "Um.. I just wanted to ask, is Haeri okay?"
"Oh it's Yixing right?" To my surprise she sounded friendly. 
"Uh-yes"
"I'm Eunha. Haeri woke up after the ball hit her so no need to worry, but now she's asleep, the nurse said she needs to rest."
"Oh i'm glad to hear she's okay. I was wondering, can i go see her?"
"Well no one is inside right now so i guess you can, but she's asleep"
"It's okay i'll just feel better if i saw her"
"Uh, yeah sure go in" she said before smiling and leaving the place. 
 
I got in where Haeri was asleep, she looked a bit pale. I honestly felt so guilty even though it was an accident but i couldn't help it, i felt so bad. 
I stood closer to her bed observing her sleeping face. 
God she's beautiful. 
She looked like an angel, her gently closed eyes, her pretty light pink lips, her cheekbones, her cute little nose, her thin chin, everything about her is beautiful. 
Her hair shines so pretty, and she has this one blue strand making her even more unique and special. 
Even the way she calmly breathes is beautiful.
I think if she was nicer to people and to her own self, like if she would actually care about things like her own grades and people around her, she might be perfect. 
She would totally be perfect. 
 
I brought my head closer to her face, don't ask me why, but i just wanted to watch her even more closely.
I almost fell back when she suddenly opened her eyes. They widened as soon as she saw my face so close to hers. I have to admit though, she looked so cute. 
"Yixing?" Her voice came a bit low. 
"I'm so sorry for hitting your head" i sincerely apologized. 
"What are you even sorry for, it's all fine" she waved her hand in dismiss and laughed. 
This girl could be so adorable sometimes.  
I smiled back at her and nodded as a 'thank you'. 
 
Haeri's POV
 
"Are you okay? Why are you frowning suddenly, does you head hurt?" Yixing asked worriedly as he placed his warm palm over my forehead. 
"Why are your lips bleeding?" He soon removed his hand from my head and traced the corner of his lips with his fingers. 
"Uh that. I'm fine. Your head is what matters here." He said while nodding with his eyes closed like he's assuring me that everything's okay. 
"But Yixing i wanna know who did tha-"
Few knocks followed by the sound of the door being opened interrupted me. 
Jongin who just came in frowned as soon as he saw Yixing beside me.
"Didn't i tell you to stay away from her?" He said almost losing his patience. 
"Jongin was it you who did that to him?" 
"Next time it's going to be more than just a cut on his face"
"What the hell it was an accident" i said totally not believing this ridiculous situation. 
"I'll see you later Haeri" Yixing said and soon left totally ignoring Jongin's existence. 
"Jongin you didn't have to do that!"
"You fainted what do you expect me to do?!"
"I don't know bring me here maybe?"
He scoffed. "Who do you think carried you here?" His voice became softer.
"Thank you" i softened too, "but-"
"I'm sorry" i didn't get why would he apologize though. "I'm sorry if i overreacted or anything. I can't handle anyone hurting you and you know more than anyone why i'm that overprotective when it comes to you." He slowly caressed my hair and smiled sadly. 
True... I know better. 
"Thank you for always being here Jongin"
"I'll always be here Haeri." 
 
 
"Guys stop worrying i feel better now and yes i can go home alone gosh it was just a ball not a bullet" i tried to convince them. 
"Well yeah but still" Sehun protested. 
"I'm fineeeeeee" I REALLY AM. 
"Glad you're fine Haeri!" Kyungsoo shouted from across the hall before he continued walking leaving the school's gates.
"What's with him" Eunha laughed "he doesn't usually greet."
"Weirdo" Sehun mocked. 
"Is that what he gets for being nice..." Jina murmured as the rest of us immediately turned our heads toward her. 
"What?" Jongin asked like he doesn't believe what she just said. 
"I'm just saying" she shrugged "he was trying to be nice so no need for mean comments i guess" 
"Says the meanest girl among us" Sehun snorted. 
"Last time i checked you were a boy though" Jina shot immediately replacing Sehun's dorky smile with a glare. 
"Ha ha but not funny. I meant you're the meanest among us" and thats how the conversation turned from Kyungsoo to who's the meanest between us. 
Yup it's Jina. 
 
 
 
"Feeling better?" I jumped when i heard a man's voice near my ear. 
"Oh Yixing" i rested my head back against the bus window when i saw it was him. "I feel better" i smiled gently. 
"Mind if i sit?" 
"come" i patted the empty seat beside me before he sat there.
"How come you took the bus today?"
"I think its time for me to use public transportation. At first my friend was driving me around since i was new in the area but i'm getting to know this place better now. I don't wanna be a burden you know" he paused for a moment "besides today i really wanted to come so that i can make sure you'll be fine."
My lips curled up, i couldn't not smile at this sweet person. How did i even dislike him before. 
And the fact that he's been talking more openly to me made me feel better. 
"Hey you're treating me like i got shot or something" i nudged his shoulder and he laughed.
 
We stayed silent for few minutes but it wasn't awkward. It was really comfortable. 
"We're here lets go"
Yixing left the bus first and i followed him. We walked side by side to our neighborhood. 
 
"Hey Yixing"
"Hmm?"
"If you ever need help with directions around here tell me, i can show you around" i said without looking at him but i saw him with the corner of my eye, he nodded and smiled showing me that killer dimple he has. 
"Thank you, Haeri"
 
He asked me when reached his door if he should walk me home but i refused. I didn't wanna act like a little kid and besides my house was literally just few meters away. 
I walked for few steps toward my house before i suddenly felt dizzy again, everything was moving, or maybe i was losing my balance. I can feel myself falling down but just when i expected hitting the cold hard ground, two strong arms held me. They held me tightly and securely. 
I looked up and i saw Yixing's worried face. He held me in his arms as he began taking slow but steady steps toward my house. 
-------------------------
I really hope i'm doing well t^t please let me know <3