Chapter Thirty-four

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Chanyeol’s POV

I went to the company to see my father who said he wanted to ask few things about the event I attended with Haeri. It didn’t take too long, only about 15 minutes and I was already outside his office.

As I was about to leave, my father’s secretary stopped me to flirt just like she always does whenever she says someone she thinks is handsome. She’s a good noona though, she’s really funny and softhearted.

“Why our handsome Chanyeol-ah is here today?” she smiled sweetly at me.

“Why Suji noona, aren’t you happy to see me here?” I pouted making her blush.

“Yaah what are you saying” she complained cutely, “I wish to see you here more often.”

I laughed, “Then I’ll come to visit noona more.”

“Oh excuse me for a second” she said before answering her phone.

Yes sir. You still have an important appointment for today at 12:30. Yes sir with Zhang Yixing. Okay sir.”

The name caught my attention instantly. Did she say Zhang Yixing?

“That was my father?” I asked trying to inquire more.

“Yes he was asking about the schedule for the rest of the day.”

“Meeting a new model huh?” I asked casually.

“Oh yeah I heard a lot about him being handsome so I’m excited to see him. Your father wants to sign a contact with him.”

“Is that so? Cool.” I pretended not to be interested, “I have to go noona, see you later!”

“Come here more often Chanyeol-ahh” she yelled behind me.

Oh I will noona, I will.

~*~

“Why didn’t Haeri come too?” asked Jongin. We were all except Haeri having ice-tea in the park where we always hang out.

“She went shopping with my step-mom.”

“Can’t believe how stubborn this girl is” Jina shook her head in disapproval, “it’s been more than a week since she ‘bumped’ into Yixing in the park and still no progress.”

“I know right? And we already made them meet in the supermarket before” complained Eunha. “We’re always trying to make them see each other but nothing ever comes out of it.”

“In fact the only thing that comes out of it is them fighting more.”

I nodded to what Kyungsoo said. Whenever they meet they either avoid each other at all costs or they end up fighting.

“Then the plan must be changed” suggested Sehun.

“How?” I asked curiously.

“If all they want to do is fight then let’s make them fight” he said.

I noticed everyone looking confused so it wasn’t only me who got lost.

“What do you mean?” asked Eunha and he smirked like a devil before telling us his plan.

“Let’s make them see that they can’t stand seeing the other with someone else, got it?”

“Jealousy” Jongin nodded with a smirk.

“OMG exactly!” Jina snapped her fingers, “you brat are a genius! Let’s not push it though, she’s the type to get very jealous.”

Everyone nodded and Sehun just smiled proudly.

~*~

I went to the company early in the morning, it was around 10 AM. But this time I didn’t want to meet my father; I just wanted to finish some business.

“Suji noona!” I greeted her happily. She raised her eyes that were on the laptop screen and smiled widely.

“Chanyeol-ah! Wait, you were here like 3 days ago how come you’re visiting more often?” she raised a brow.

“I got you sweets and candy” I pouted raising my hand to show her the bag of candies I got for her. “I thought you’d be happy but if not then I should leave…” I turned around to leave but as expected I smirked when she stopped me.

“I’m just kidding come here!”

I chatted with her for around 10 minutes to get from her the information that I needed. She said Yixing will be in the company’s studio which is in the 1st floor from 10:30 AM to 12 PM.

 

Haeri’s POV

I cursed when my phone started to vibrate. It was 10:45 in the morning and even though it was one of those beautiful summer days where the weather is just perfect for going out, I was lying lazily on bed. Too lazy to move and grab my phone that was out of reach.

“I left my bed for you. This better be worth the effort” I said right away.

I heard Chanyeol’s scoff over the phone. “Have I ever told you how rude you actually are?”

“Yes, too many times.”

“Whatever, listen, there’s a red folder on dad’s desk can you bring it to the company? I forgot to bring it with me and dad needs it.”

“Oh alright I’ll ask Kim ahjussi to drop it there” I answered referring to one of the drivers.

“W-what? No! You bring it!”

“Hey why does it matter who brings it if you’ll receive the folder anyway?”

“You always ruin my mood with your stubbornness” he let out a breath, “can you just for once do something without me having to ask you like a million times? Get the damn folder and come!”

 

After taking a shower and straightening my hair I wore a black pair of jeans with a purple high-neck short sleeve top. Just simple and casual clothes.

 

To Chanyeol: I’m here, where should I drop the folder?

From Chanyeol: The studio, 1st floor.

I went straight to the studio to give the folder to Chanyeol. I opened the door preparing to speak to Chanyeol but my eyes widened and I stayed silent when I saw Yixing there instead. Suji, my stepdad’s secretary was there with him too.

“But you would always stay handsome even if you ate a lot of candy” she giggled and slapped his shoulder jokingly.

I forgot to mention Suji is the biggest flirt I have ever met. She is cute and funny and she really is softhearted so guys usually like her. But damn I never had seen someone who flirts as much as she does.

Yixing laughed and took the candy she was offering; it was obvious that he was enjoying their conversation so much. I don’t know why but I suddenly felt like punching his handsome face and then hers.

I cleared my throat loudly making them both turn their heads to me.

“Suji unnie” I tried not to sound like I’m spitting some venom but I was just annoyed don’t even ask why.

“Haeri-ya what brings you hear dear?” she asked smiling sweetly and I saw Yixing looking at me with confusion.

“I was supposed to see Chanyeol here” I answered ignoring Yixing’s existence, “he wants this folder” I raised it higher so she could see it.

“Eh?” she walked toward me and took a closer look at the folder, “I’ll go give it to him if you want” she suggested.

“Yes thank you” I bowed my head slightly and gave her the folder. She turned and waved to Yixing before leaving, he smiled sweetly and waved too in return.

I involuntarily scoffed and rolled my eyes so hard after she left.

“Why?” he asked looking at me as my hands were folded in front of my chest.

“Why what?” my tone came out annoyed. I was just mad for no reason… I don’t know.

“Why are you mad? Or maybe jealous?” he smirked and I looked at him in disbelief.

CRAP. HIS COCKY MODE WAS SO ON AND I CAN NOT HANDLE THAT.

“Pfttt! You gotta be kidding me.” I laughed but it was honestly fake af.

I turned to leave as soon as possible before I lose my . Unfortunately, the stupid door decided to get stuck and it just wouldn’t open no matter how hard I try to push and pull it.

“Aishhh!” I hit the door desperately.

I heard Yixing letting out a laugh, or maybe I should say a mocking laugh. He was sitting on one big table and for a slight second I thought wow those long hot legs casually reach the floor even though the table is high.

I mentally slapped myself and got back to my senses.

“What’s so funny?” I raised a brow.

“Nothing” he said with his mocking voice which made me angrier. He folded his arms against his chest.

I must say he looked like slayer with the black pants and the white collar shirt. His first two buttons were undone and his sleeves were folded to his elbows. My mouth started to feel dry and I my lower lip trying to hydrate it again.

I saw his eyes looking at me from head to toe slowly observing me. He raised his eyes suddenly to meet mine. Wiping the mocking smile off his face he stood up and walked toward me making my heart beats go a hundred times faster.

 

Yixing’s POV

I stood right in front of her and tucked my hands in my pockets.

“What brings you here?” I asked in a low voice.

 “Chanyeol asked me to come.”

I got the urge to beat him at the mention of his name.

“That jerk” I hissed bitterly.

“Don’t insult him.”

“Why? Does it hurt you?”

“Yes” she replied shortly.

I took a step closer to her, and then I took another one and another one until there were only few centimeters separating us and the door behind her back. Her eyes widened and she gulped when I leaned in so close that my lips brushed against her ear. I knew her heart was beating so fast and her knees got so weak I also noticed her heavy breathing.

I know it was stupid to approach her like that but I couldn’t control myself.

“Does he make you feel like this?” I whispered.

“Why? Does it make you jealous?” She challenged just like I challenged her earlier.

She still refuses to lose. Just like she always had been.

My hands slipped around her small waist and held her strongly.

“W-What are you doing” She placed her hand on my shoulder and slightly pushed me away.

I scoffed looking at her hand over my shoulder, “Why?” I held her arms strongly, “You’re pushing me away because of that bastard you’re with now?”

“You know what? I am sick of you talking about him and let go of me because you’re hurting me!” She yelled.

“You are the most selfish hurtful person I have ever met” I said looking at her eyes and feeling so much anger. I tried to hide the pain. I let go of her harshly and turned my back to her.

“He is my brother you jerk” she said.

I didn’t know if I misheard what she just said.

 “What?” I turned to face her again.

“This is why we broke up, because you never listened to me. Right now I don’t even ing care how busy you were back then. I told you about Chanyeol being my new stepbrother but of course you don’t remember.”

She turned around and tried to open the door again but it seemed locked or something which was really weird so she called Chanyeol while I was still silently standing shocked behind her.

“Chanyeol-ah, please send someone to open the studio door RIGHT NOW or I’m gonna find a way to break it.”

“You mean he is your brother?” I asked again but she ignored me until the door opened and she immediately left.

Chanyeol looked at her leaving then he looked at me. He is so tall and masculine.

When she said she got a stepbrother I don’t know I imagined someone smaller. I do admit that I didn’t ask her much about him because I was busy at that day and she never got to show me a picture of him. And I did forget his name… but how was I supposed to guess that he is her stepbrother? Even “Park” is a very common name here in Korea I thought it was a coincidence that he and her stepfather have the same name.

“You two are hopeless” he let out a desperate breath. “I guess I’m just gonna stop now.”

“Eh?” I asked clueless.

“I was the one who locked the door, and I tried to make you meet many times” he admitted. “I thought you two still love each other and that you are better together that’s why I wanted to get you back together. But I think it’s time for me to just stop trying” he half-smiled sadly and left after Haeri.

I stood there processing everything that just happened. So the guy that I was jealous of is actually Haeri’s brother and he was trying to make us get back together?

I rubbed my forehead feeling like the biggest idiot in the world.

A part of me wished Chanyeol wouldn’t stop trying but the other part of me knew that even if she didn’t date anyone after me, she still left me after she promised that she never will. And I thought she loved me enough to stay.

~*~

“Why that house?” asked Minseok hyung looking at me like I was insane or something.

“Because I lived there before and I like it” I shrugged.

“Not because of her?”

“No!” I answered firmly. “I just like it because I lived there for nearly a year and I got really used to it. Besides, don’t you think it’s perfect for my budget?”

He laughed. “You can rent or buy much better houses what are you talking about…”

“I’m trying to save money.”

“More like trying to create excuses to be closer to Haeri” he stuffed his mouth with hamburger.

“I said no” I frowned.

How many times should I say I’m not going there for her? Why doesn’t he believe me?

“Fine whatever just eat your food” he said.

“I lost my appetite.”

He rolled his eyes, “Don’t be a kid, just eat.”

~*~

{Few days later}

Third POV

It was Thursday night, Yixing was already moving in to his old house where he used to live before leaving. Luckily the house was empty just like he left it because the owner said no one rented it after Yixing.

When he first stepped in, a feeling of nostalgia filled his heart. All the memories of him with Haeri played themselves in front of him. In each and every corner of the house there had been a memory of them together. Even though he was standing in the middle of the dusty-aired house, something in the air still smelled like it used to before when everything was so simple and happy and beautiful.

“Am I just looking for excuses to be near you?” he spoke softly.

“Am I that weak for you Haeri?” he sighed.

Yixing then shook the weakness and went out to grab the last box.

 

Haeri and Chanyeol were on their way back home after going for a night walk. Having Chanyeol always by her side made things much easier for her.

“Oh my God Chanyeol!” Haeri pointed at Yixing’s house and Chanyeol’s eyes followed the direction.

“Oh! The door is opened.”

Haeri walked faster kinda jogging until she reached the half opened door. She was about to push it and completely open it but instantly stopped when Chanyeol spoke.

“Yah you can’t just enter someone’s house!” he yelled since he was standing few meters away from her. He walked quickly until he reached her and stood beside her.

“I’m just curious to know who came” she said feeling her rush calming down.

“Your curiosity will put you into trouble one day” Chanyeol’s eyes narrowed at her. She suddenly remembered thinking the same thing about a year ago when she decided to enter this same opened door just because she was curious.

“You’re right” she said stepping away from the door, “it could only bring trouble…”

“Let’s go home we’ll meet our new neighbors later, and in a more appropriate way” said Chanyeol holding Haeri’s hand dragging her home with him.

Meanwhile Yixing was standing inside holding his breath as he heard everything from the other side of the door. The thought of Haeri entering the house scared and weakened him. He wasn’t sure why but his heartbeats got faster when she almost entered.

Maybe if he was left with her in this particular place he wouldn’t be able to contain his feelings anymore.

“Why can’t you just leave my heart alone” he punched the wall desperately because no matter how hard he tried to deny it, his heart was beating for her and only her. All his attempts to hate her and start over without her were miserably failing, because she never left him.

 

Yixing’s thoughts were interrupted when his phone began ringing. He didn’t know the number.

“Hello?”

“Hey Yixing!” It was a female’s voice who seemed familiar. “It’s me Eunha” she said.

The call was so unexpected but hearing her voice brought back a happy feeling and his smile automatically widened. It’s like when you smell something or listen to a song and it reminds you of a beautiful period in your life.

“How have you been?” he asked sounding happy to hear her voice.

“Same old same old” she laughed and so did he, “I’m sorry I have to admit I stalked you to get your number but I promise this call has nothing to do with any hidden plans.”

“Uh yeah never mind” he let out an awkward laugh.

“So what I wanted to say is my birthday is on Sunday and I’m throwing a little party for me and my friends” she said, “you know just a little get together and I’d like to invite you too.”

“Me?” Yixing asked surprised, “I don’t know… wouldn’t it be awkward if I went?”

“Nooo, not at all! You guys are grownups now and you already met few times so there’s nothing to be awkward about. Besides, our squad really missed you, eventually we all were friends right?”

“I guess you’re right” he said.

“So you’ll come?” he practically heard her grin over the phone.

“I will” he confirmed.

“Yes great! I’ll text you the time and place then, thank you for accepting!”

“Thanks for inviting me!”

 

Even though he wasn’t sure how would that end up, Yixing was happy that he’ll get to see the others again.