Chapter Thirty-five

Falling For Zhang Yixing

“How do I look?” Haeri asked Chanyeol who was already done and waiting for her, he raised his two thumbs up.

“Gorgeous!”

She wore a dark red brownish knee-length dress that reflected her iness but not in an overly revealing way. She still looked classy and decent. Her heels matched perfectly and her smoky eye makeup put emphasis on her very beautiful eyes.

“So do you” she winked before the two headed to Eunha’s birthday party that was taking place in a restaurant that she rented for the whole night.

 

Chanyeol and Haeri arrived on time; 7 PM. The place was still almost empty but others started to show up. Other than their usual group, Eunha invited few cousins and friends from her university.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” screamed Haeri as she ran and gave Eunha a huge hug.

“Happy Birthday Eunha!” Chanyeol celebrated by giving her a hug too.

“Oh my God you guys didn’t have to” said Eunha referring to the wrapped gift she got from the two.

Haeri waved her hands, “It’s nothing really, we hope you like it.”

“Thank you so much guys” she looked so thankful.

“YOU LOOK SO PRETTY BY THE WAY” Haeri screamed again.

“SAYS THE GORGEOUS HERSELF!!” Eunha screamed back.

Chanyeol butted in soon making them laugh shyly, “Both of you are stunning” he said.

Jina joined and the three girls began chatting and talking as more and more people showed up and the loud music filled the place. Chanyeol left them and joined Sehun who was standing with Jongin and Kyungsoo.

The girls were later interrupted when Yixing came.

“I’m sorry I’m like an hour late but I had work” he apologized to Eunha, “Happy birthday! This is not much but I hope you like it” he gave her a cute little box and a little hug.

“Thank you so much! Please enjoy the party” she smiled to him.

“I’ll go see the guys” he pointed at them and left but not before looking at Haeri.

“Okay he was totally checking you out” Jina squeaked and so did Eunha making Haeri roll her eyes. “Yah instead of rolling your eyes just admit it he looks so fine tonight” Jina nudged Haeri’s arm.

“There’s a lot of handsome guys here tonight” she shrugged but deep inside she knew she got her eyes on him only.

Their attention was then shifted to Sehun who looked different than usual but in a good way. Instead of looking like a good looking brat, he looked more manly and so handsome. His brown hair was pushed back and he had tucked his light blue shirt inside his black pants.

“Let’s dance” he motioned Eunha to the dance floor where everyone was going crazy dancing under the lights to the loud music. She nodded excitedly and went with him.

Only minutes later Kyungsoo came as well and took his girlfriend to dance leaving Haeri alone.

She looked around searching for Chanyeol or Jongin but both were already dancing with girl.

“Aishh” she rolled her eyes and went toward the bar to get a drink.

The music was so good the she involuntarily kept nodding her head along the beat. She really wanted to dance but her so-called friends all ditched her to dance with other people.

“Hey beautiful” she slightly jumped when she heard a male’s voice beside her ear, “wanna dance?” he asked.

Haeri looked at him, not bad she thought. No, more like really handsome. She gulped her drink down and walked to the dance floor with the dude walking after her.

As soon as they reached the center both of his arms held Haeri’s waist as they danced to the beat.

“Who are you?” shouted Haeri near his ear while dancing.

He leaned in and talked to her ear as well so she can hear, “I’m in Eunha’s class. My name is Jonhee” he said.

Haeri nodded, “I’m Haeri.”

“Well Haeri you’re beautiful” he winked making her giggle shyly.

 

Yixing’s blood boiled inside him as he watched from across the place. He tried to ignore the feeling but seeing the guy’s hands around her body was stabbing him. She looked breathtakingly beautiful and y, her eyes were the prettiest in the world and all he wanted to do is kiss her dark red painted lips.

He was supposed to be the only one touching her because for him she was only his girl.

Yixing cursed under his breath few times when he saw her blushing and giggling to the other guy. The feeling of suffocation attacked him again.

“Dance with me.”

His eyes moved from Haeri to the girl standing in front of him; a tall pretty girl that was dressed in a mini skirt and sleeveless top. He looked back at Haeri who was totally enjoying her time with the other dude and she didn’t give a about Yixing’s existence.

Or at least that’s what he thought.

“Let’s go” he held the girl’s hand and led her to the dance floor where they danced to the energetic and lively music in the center of the dance floor right under the spot light.

Being a very y good dancer, Yixing stole the eyes of few girls there, including Haeri who couldn’t get her eyes off of him.

“Are you okay?” Asked her Jonhee.

She just nodded but her eyes were glued on the hot guy taking over the dance floor, just by watching the way he bites his lower lip ever few seconds drove her crazy.

The girl dancing with him suddenly wrapped her hands around Yixing’s neck and he held her waist in return making Haeri curse endlessly. Nothing was heard though since the music was too loud.

No one is supposed to lay a finger on him other than me.

Yixing’s eyes met Haeri’s. Both were dark and frowning, filled with anger and jealousy, desire and love.

But they were both too stubborn to give up.

Haeri wrapped her hands around Jonhee’s torso and Yixing who’s lips formed a thin line suppressing too much anger pulled the girl closer to his body making her squeak enjoying the feeling of his swift but steady move.

 

“Look at them being so childish and stupid” Jina told Kyungsoo while they were dancing. He laughed and nodded agreeing.

“Let’s never do that” he spoke to her ear, “you’re only allowed to dance with me” his lips went from her ear to her cheek where he planted a kiss, then to her lips.

She nodded after they backed away from the kiss, “only with you” she mouthed.

The dance went on for more than ten minutes before the music changed into something slower. Neither Haeri nor Yixing gave up trying to show the other that they are totally fine but internally they were both just burning with jealousy and longing for each other.

“Thank you for the dance” Jonhee winked to Haeri and went to sit. She on the other hand went for a stronger drink trying to calm herself down.

Chanyeol sat at the bar next to her, he knew she was angry because Yixing was still dancing with the girl.

“Haeri don’t drink too much okay?”

She nodded, “I won’t don’t worry.”

But he was still worried about her. “Are you okay?”

“Yes,” she gulped down her drink in one shot, “Please go have fun and don’t ruin your night by worrying about me. I’m fine I swear.”

He nodded, “I’ll check up on you later.”

Haeri looked around, Sehun and Eunha were together, Jina was with Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Jongin were both with girls, and even Yixing was still with that girl dancing. Her anger turned into sadness and emptiness. In a room filled with people laughing and talking and dancing, she felt the loneliest.

“That bastard, I never stopped loving him but…” she swallowed another drink while talking to herself, “… but now I am falling for him all over again, except that this time I’m falling much harder and I’m afraid I’m losing control.”

 

Yixing was searching with his eyes to find the most beautiful girl in the room. He finally got rid of that girl who was clinging on to him. He only agreed to dance to make Haeri jealous but she wouldn’t let go after that.

“Did you guys see Haeri?” he asked Eunha and Sehun but they shook their heads.

“Aishh where is she?” he wandered the place to find her because he was worried about her. The place was dark with only few lights and it was crowded making it harder to spot her. Until finally he saw her.

He hurried to Haeri when he saw she was leaning her head on her arms over the table.

“Haeri” he called her name but she didn’t reply. He shook her shoulder and leaned closer to her head, “Haeri are you okay?”

She sat straight and he could finally see her face.

“I’m fine” she jerked his hand off her shoulder.

“You don’t look fine.”

She squinted her eyes trying to make a clear image in front of her because her vision was too blurred.

“Oh that’s you” she giggled, “the handsome y jerk.”

“Oh God Haeri you’re drunk” he held her hand that was reaching for another drink.

“Leave me alone” she frowned and pushed his hand away.

“Stop drinking!”

“This is none of your business okay? Just go and leave me alone” she tried to get the drink but he stopped her again.

Haeri tried to push him away again but Yixing held her hand firmly and dragged her outside the place ignoring all her demands of him letting go of her. Thankfully the place was dark enough and everyone was busy having fun so they didn’t make a scene.

“Let go of me!” she yelled when they stepped outside for the hundredth time trying to get away from his strong grip.

“Gosh just stop yelling and stand still!” he looked at her eyes and yelled holding both her shoulders and shaking her in hopes she would stop acting like that.

Haeri stopped. She stood still and looked at his eyes back.

Both stayed silent for a minute just staring at each other’s eyes.

Yixing’s hold loosened up on her shoulders, his hands slipped slowly down her soft arms making her shiver. His gentle touches never failed to give her electric waves all over her body.

Haeri’s eyes felt heavier, everything was blurring again and the ground seemed to be moving.

“H-Haeri!” Yixing immediately held her as she passed out. “Aishh you drank too much.”

The car wasn’t parked near because Yixing came late and the near spots were already taken. He placed both of Haeri’s hands over his shoulders and fixed her body on his back so he could walk to his car with her because leaving her waiting alone till he gets it is dangerous when Haeri is not even conscious.

“Pabo why did you drink that much” he talked not sure if to her or to himself. He walked slowly with steady moves and she was asleep.

Haeri mumbled something in her sleep but he didn’t understand what she said, but his breathing got heavier when she nuzzle against his neck burying her nose and lips into the crook of his neck. He felt her inhaling his scent.

“I miss you” she said softly as her hands tightened around him pulling her body closer to him. Yixing’s stepped slowed as he felt like his heart could explode anytime soon.

She sniffed her tears and snuggled onto him even harder, “I miss you so much.”

His heart sank. All the games left away and all the hurtful things forgotten for a moment, his heart went wild for Haeri. He missed her more than anything.

He hardly swallowed and resumed walking faster until they reached the car. He fixed her in and tied her seatbelt before he got in and drove back home.

His home.

 

Yixing unlocked his door and carried Haeri who was asleep inside. The place was all dark but his hands were busy so he couldn’t turn on the lights. He gently placed her on bed.

A ray of light coming from outside illuminated Haeri’s beautiful features, it shed light on her long eyelashes, her nose, her cheekbones, and her full red lips.

“Gosh you’re so beautiful” he breathed watching her face closely. His eyes observed every part of her; her soft hair, her pretty eyes, her amazing lips that he couldn’t deny anymore how bad he missed kissing them, then her y neck and shoulders and her tiny waist and hot thighs.

Yixing hardly swallowed.

“You are even more gorgeous than you were before” he said under his very heavy breathing.

He tried to shake the unholy thoughts off his mind and back away but Haeri’s grip tightened on his hand.

“Don’t leave” she murmured with her eyes still closed.

He leaned back in, “You’re making it hard for me to stay away… what have you done to me” he whispered over her face. “Even when you were absent you had me” he caressed her cheek gently, “even when you left me, even when I hated you, I still loved you with all my heart.”

Haeri shifted in her sleep, her eyes slowly opened. She found Yixing’s eyes staring at her making her heartbeats double with a crazy pace.

“Yixing-ah” she called with her low hoarse voice.

“Hmm?” he hummed brushing her beautiful lips with his thumb.

Her hand slowly reached his jaw touching it and his neck.

“I’m falling for you harder” she said softly, “I love you.”

God how he missed hearing this word from her, everything in the world seemed fine when she said it. His shattered heart felt like a whole again when the most beautiful words left her lips.

He let out a long heavy breath. A breath of relief.

“I love you way more” he finally said looking at her eyes intensely.

She broke into a wide smile even though her eyes threatened to release tears. Her eyes shifted back and forth between his eyes and lips.

“Kiss me, Yixing” she finally built the courage to ask for the thing he had been dying to do for so long now.

Yixing leaned even closer to her face only a very little space separating them. She bit her lower lip anticipating his next move. His warm breath hit her lips and she felt like she’s melting. Her eyes then closed when his lips finally locked hers.

Yixing kissed her softly, enjoying the feeling he missed like hell. He was finally tasting her sweet lips and so was she. Both Haeri’s hands reached the back of his neck and his hands slid under her waist, he pulled her closer to him and pushed his body closer to hers. The kiss got deeper and more passionate, their lips moved in harmony, so gentle and sweet then so rough and powerful. They were burning with heat, love and desire.

“God I missed you” he breathed between their kiss. He leaned his forehead on hers feeling this huge block that laid over his heart for over a year finally moving away now that he kissed her again.

“I missed you so much” she said brushing her lips against his.

“You’re gorgeous” he kissed the top of her head and helped her lay back down. She was tired and he wanted her to rest. “You should get some sleep it’s already past midnight” he said softly.

Haeri nodded and cuddled with him as he lied down beside her and held her body closer to his just like they used to do when they were together. He missed that feeling so much.

It took her only few minutes to fall asleep which made Yixing laugh.

“You’re still the same adorable baby I fell in love with” he said over her head.

Yixing kissed her bare shoulder one last time before he drifted to sleep beside her.

That night and for the first time in more than a year and a half, he had a good sleep.