Chapter Twenty-five

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Third POV

 “Let’s break up, Yixing.”

Yixing froze upon hearing Haeri’s words. He thought he’d never hear them. He thought they were going too strong and nothing could ever break them.

“W-what?” he uttered, “you’re joking… right?” he let out a small laugh but he didn’t find it funny at all.

“No,” she replied, “let’s just break up.”

Even though she didn’t want to ever let go of him, she already made up her mind.

She was a mess, her life was a mess and she wasn’t handling things well.

The fear of her being a bad person, a “not good enough” person, started to control her. Thoughts like: Yixing deserves better scared her the most.

 

Yixing held her wrist firmly with one hand and reached for the keys with his other one. She watched him silently as he unlocked the door with his shaking hand.

He soon dragged her inside and closed the door shut.

“What are you talking about? W-we can’t… you can’t do this to me… you can’t break us like this.” He held her hands and made her sit on the couch; he sat facing her and began talking quickly and nervously trying to get her back into her senses.

“You have to trust me baby that was one of her ed up plans… you should believe that I didn’t cheat on you… baby I thought you already trusted me please- please don’t do this… don’t leave me…”

She closed her eyes and lowered her head, “It’s better this way” she said softly.

“No! No, you’re just having a bad day. You don’t mean what you’re saying. I’ll just pretend you didn’t say anything, just… just sleep now, we- we will talk about this in the morning okay?” He forced a smile trying to calm down.

“Just… let go Yixing.” She spoke with very little energy.

“Why!” He yelled in frustration. “Why are you asking me to let go now Haeri? Why do you want to leave now after you became my whole life? Why now!” his voice changed into a lower more desperate one, it was trembling and she knew he would cry anytime soon. It made her heart pound harder in pain, she couldn’t speak.

“Answer me!” she flinched due to his unusually loud voice, “why aren’t you holding tightly into my hands like you usually do!!” he yelled angrily feeling her hands loose against his.

“Because can’t you see what a mess I am?” she stood up and her voice came out louder.

“Can’t you see how I ruin everything? How I hurt everyone? Can’t you see how I up every good thing I ever have? Sora was right, you deserve better.” A tear escaped her eye.

“You seriously allowed her to mess with your brain?” he closed his eyes trying not to lose her patience.

“No but she is right! Look at me and my life. My relationship with my mother doesn’t exist, I broke the friendship I had with the only people who ever loved me like real friends, I broke Sohee’s heart, I have the worse grades and I might miserably fail our college entrance exams, i-“

Haeri stopped talking and broke into tears when Yixing pulled her into a huge embrace and held her tightly between his arms.

“I love you Haeri” he said kissing the top of her head, “Shh… it’s not your fault; everything is not your fault.” He pulled her closer into his chest and caressed her hair. She collapsed into a crying mess between his arms.

“Yes it is,” she cried and spoke into his chest and it hurt him to see her like that, “I’m a disgusting person Yixing why do you even love me?”

“Hey hey,” he slowly pulled away and held her chin making her face him, “look at me” he spoke softly wiping the tears off her face. “You are a beautiful person Haeri,” he said looking at her eyes, “from the inside before the outside. You are beautiful and I love everything about you, do you understand?” he held her head and leaned in kissing her forehead and cheeks and her wet eyes.

“Come here,” he carried her and took her to his bed and brought her one of his sweaters so she could change her school uniform.

He sat on bed laying his back against the board and crossing his legs, and she sat beside crossing her legs as well and leaning her head on his shoulder.

“Talk to me baby, let everything bothering you out, I’m here I’ll keep listening to you.” He said as he placed one hand around her waist to keep her close to him and used the other one to hold her hand and rub it in attempt to relief her stress. Because after all, he knew she was just tired and sad and that’s why she talked about breaking up but he wasn’t going to allow it to happen.

Yixing listened carefully for the next hour to everything Haeri had to say. She talked to him more about her parents and her life without her father and with her mother, and she explained to him all about Sohee and how she unintentionally broke her heart.

It was dark outside, Yixing turned off the lights when Haeri said her eyes hurt, but they didn’t fall asleep yet, they kept talking.

“And I want to be a better person you know? I want to score high marks, I want to be a better student when I attend university, I want to work hard and make for myself a good future,” she was calming down and tears no longer fell. The more she talked to him the better she felt, and the lighter her heart felt.

“Hmm” he replied shortly not wanting to interrupt her.

He was in fact happy that she chose to talk about everything bothering her instead of choosing to break up and just leave.

And he was willing to keep listening to her till morning if it means he will understand her even more and hopefully try his best to make her happy in every way possible.

“I want to be someone my parents would be proud to call ‘daughter’. I want to be someone you’d be proud to call ‘girlfriend’, Yixing I want to be good enough.” Her voice was so soft and gentle, she sounded like an angel indeed making Yixing’s heart flutter.

“I… also want to… to…” her voice faded gradually as she fell asleep in his arms. Her breath became finally steady and she no longer needed to gasp for air, her eyes completely dried and her fists didn’t clench hard anymore.

She finally slept peacefully.

Yixing looked down at her face that was against his chest. It was dark inside but a ray of moonlight shed on her face giving him a clear view of how peaceful and beautiful she looked.

“You asked me what I love about you Haeri,” he whispered over her head. “I love everything about you. You might not know it yet but you are one of the strongest people I met. I know how hard life turns to be sometimes, and you’ve been holding on for so long it took you till now to break down. Don’t you know how strong you are that you were capable of staying fine till now?” he her soft long hair that he adored.

“I’ll stay beside you till everything gets better Haeri-ya, I promise you.”

He was watching her lovingly as she was asleep. Every breath she let out was fascinating. She would scratch her nose every now and then and he’d laugh at her cuteness.

“Pabo,” he laughed lightly still watching her, “you have no idea how much you scared me when you said we should break up.”

Her hand tightened slightly around his thumb while she was still asleep setting fireworks in his heart.

“Aren’t you just an innocent little baby?” he smiled lovingly over her sleeping face and kissed her forehead. “I love you.” He whispered to her before he finally drifted into a deep sleep.

 

 

Haeri’s POV

I barely saw a blurred 5:51 a.m. on the bright screen of my phone that felt like was burning my eyes.

Woah I woke up early. Like super early.

I turned my head to the other side and saw Yixing sleeping next to me. He was very deep asleep.

I turned off the alarm and decided to wake him up later by myself.

Memories of yesterday came back. Now that I was looking at him I can’t believe I was going to break up with him.

How did I even think I could survive without him?

I leaned in and kissed his cheek and inhaled the scent of his skin that I adore with every little piece of my heart.

“Yixing-ah, I love you so much” I smiled naturally just by looking at his angel-like face.

If it wasn’t for him I don’t know what would have happened to me yesterday, I am the luckiest to have him.

 

 

“RUN FASTER WE’LL BE LATE,” he ran in front of me but still holding my hand and I was struggling to catch up.

“Yixing slow down!” I yelled so he could hear me, “If I fall down I’m kicking your !”

He burst into a loud laughter while still running and dragging me behind until we finally, FINALLY, reached the bus station and thank God we made it to the bus while it was still there.

He was still laughing hard and gasping for air when we entered the bus and everyone looked at us like what-the-hell.

I sat beside a girl that was the only one who had an empty seat beside her and Yixing had to stand up beside my seat the whole ride.

“What’s so funny?” I asked him questioning his weirdness in that early morning.

“Nothing,” he placed his hand over his chest catching his breath, “I remembered the first time this happened and I held your hand and dragged you, then when you said you’d kick my I remembered when I entered MY OWN house and got punched by you.” He laughed again but lighter this time.

The memories came back to me too and I smiled feeling genuinely happy.

 

 

 

“Haeri-ya,” he squeezed my hand when we reached the school gates.

“Yes?” I looked at him slightly worried.

“Everything will be okay hmm? I’m here for you and only you.” He kissed my forehead assuring me that it will all be fine. I know he was referring to Sora.

“Hmm” I nodded firmly and confidently squeezing his hand.

“That’s my girl!” he winked setting butterflies in my stomach.

“Yixing-ah.”

“Yes baby?”

“…Nothing” I sighed.

“Baby,” he stood facing me, “I know you miss them, you should go greet them now.”

“But what if they don’t want me to go…?” I asked worriedly.

“Nonsense! They’d be absolutely happy trust me. Just go and you’ll see” he gave me an encouraging smile and it gave me more strength.

 

 

After Yixing released me to go, my steps were slow and they lacked the usual confidence I had. As I got closer to our lockers, where we’d usually be, I saw Sehun and Jina laughing with Jongin.

Damn how I missed them…

I wanted to walk closer but I kept hesitating. I was scared they’d ignore me.

Being the radar he is, Sehun shifted his gaze over to me and I immediately looked at the ground and pretended to be searching for something in my bag.

Thankfully my phone vibrated and I had something to check for real instead of standing there like a complete fool.

From: Baby <3

Yah! Walk walk, don’t just stand there… class will start soon

I looked back and I saw Yixing looking at me, he motioned with his hands for me telling me that I should go greet them before class starts.

I glared at him and replied.

To: Baby <3

Don’t pressure -_-

He smiled sheepishly and mouthed me a “sorry.”

 

“Haeri!” I heard a loud voice all of a sudden exploding near my ear.

“! Eunha you scared me” I placed a hand over my heart.

“Yaah why are you standing here comeee,” she walked quickly and I think it’s out of habit since she always comes late, and she dragged me behind.

“GOOD MORNING” she yelled at them and Jongin who’s back was facing me covered his ear.

“God why do you have to shout?” he complained still not knowing I’m there.

“I MISS YOU ” Jina screamed and ran for a hug taking me by surprise.

“I miss you so much” I hugged her tighter.

I saw Jongin from the corner of my eye, he was turning his head confusingly and his face changed when he saw me but I couldn’t quite read the expression on his face.

Weird because I’d usually know.

“Ahh some things never change” Sehun rolled his eyes at me, “You still hug and-“

“Shut up” I stuck my tongue at him.

His lips curled up into a little smile, “come here” he opened his arms but the bell soon interrupted our little hug as it rang indicating the class has started.

“! Let’s go!” Sehun exclaimed and we all ran toward our class.

I had no chance to face Jongin.

Yet.

“Haeri-ya” Eunha whispered to me when we took our seats, “let’s hang out later, you me and Jina okay?” she asked excitedly.

“Okay!” I did and okay sign with my hand.

I saw Sora looking at me then at Yixing, but I decided to ignore her existence. I avoided looking at her face.

 

 

Lunch break finally came, I was really hungry, lately I have been missing many meals.

Jongin walked out first alone, like he was running away.

“Don’t worry about that,” Jina told me after she saw me looking at him, “things will work out very soon trust me, we’ll talk about it later though I have to see Kyungsoo now,” she winked and we laughed together.

“We should totally celebrate your relationship because we still haven’t!!!” I shook her shoulders dramatically.

“YES YES” she beamed and we decided we’d plan something later.

 

 

I walked to Yixing who was waiting for me next to his desk with a smile on his face.

“Things seem to be going better right?” he said holding my hand.

I felt like a huge burden got off my chest.

“Yes baby yes!!” I squeaked happily holding his other hand and jumping slightly and he laughed at me.

“See I told you it’ll be alright” he ruffled my hair softly.

“Emm sorry to interrupt you, love birds.” I turned my head to see Jongdae standing next to us awkwardly scratching his neck.

I blushed at the word “love birds.”

“Can I buy you two lunch today?” he asked sweetly.

I looked at Yixing not sure what to say but he instantly agreed.

 

I waited not for so long on the table before they both joined me bringing along trays of food.

We ate quietly at first until Jongdae finally decided to speak.

“The reason why I wanted to see you today… I’m really sorry about yesterday.” He said and I looked at him confused.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“When I saw Yixing looking for you I understood what happened. Sora had told me earlier to tell you that Yixing was waiting for you in the class and it didn’t occur to me that-“

“It’s okay” I interrupted him, “I know you didn’t mean it” I smiled at him and he looked surprised.

“So you’re not mad at me?” he asked confused.

“No” I waved my hand dismissingly and laughed.

“Uh- t-thank you!”

I smiled at him again assuring him that everything is okay and I’m already over that thing.

“Excuse me guys I’m going to wash my hands.” Yixing excused himself and left me alone with Jongdae.

“You and Yixing,” Jongdae spoke breaking the silence and I looked at him, “you’re a nice couple.”

“Ah really” I smiled awkwardly, “thank you.”

It surprised me because I always thought Jongdae hated me, and I thought he had the same idea Sora had, that Yixing deserves someone better.

But hearing those words from him made me happy.

 

Yixing’s POV

I was relieved that Haeri was feeling better. Based on what I saw Eunha and Jina treated her well, even Sehun did and for a start that’s good.

When I finished washing my hands and drying them I felt the phone vibrating in my pocket. I checked the caller ID, it said Mineok Hyung.

“Hyung!” I picked up.

“Yixing-ah! HUGE NEWS! Guess what?” he sounded happy and excited.

“What??” I asked curiously.

“Someone asked about you when they saw your modeling pictures!”

“Eh? Who?!” my heart began beating faster.

“It’s a big company! Let’s meet today and we will talk about the details okay?”

“Yes sure, I’ll meet you after school.”

“Okay then, see you!” he hang up.

A big company?

My heart beats went faster. Mixed emotions of excitement, nervousness, and happiness filled my heart.

That was unexpected.

----------------------------------------------------

So i changed the pic lol... Umm i have something to say

Being my first fic, it gets hard sometimes...

I guess what i'm trying to say is, if it's not that good, PLEASE FORGIVE ME

I'm trying... t^t

//hides away// but anyway, I Love You All <3