Chapter Fifteen

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Haeri’s POV

“Why all of a sudden?”

“Because Jina, I’m dead bored and tomorrow is Saturday anyway so just stop questioning me and come sleep over” I told Jina over the phone.

“Okay okay” she said “I have nothing better to do anyway, I’ll be there in 30.”

“Cool” I hang up and laid back on bed waiting for Jina to come.

 

It was 5:17 pm when I ran downstairs and opened the door to Jina. We immediately went to my room where we’d usually stay when she or any of my friends come over.

“Isn’t Eunha coming?” asked Jina as she was throwing herself into my bed.

“I called her but she said they’re having a family dinner” I threw myself next to her.

“Oh okay.”

“Jina!” I suddenly sat straight on bed and held her hand to pull her so she could sit facing me, “I wanna tell you something.”

She narrowed her eyes and waited for me to talk.

“I kinda like someone…” I said slowly.

Her eyes widened in shock as she held both my shoulders and screamed “WHAT! DO I KNOW HIM?  ARE YOU TOGETHER? DID YOU KISS? AND OMYGOD WHO?”

“OMG Jina relax!” I snapped at her.

“ANSWER ME KANG HAERI.”

“Yes you know him, and no we are not together, and yes we sort of… kissed.”

“ when! And for God’s sake who is it? Tell me!!!”

“OKAY WAIT I’LL TELL YOU EVERYTHING.”

She nodded her head quickly and folded her legs placing her chin over her palm “okay talk” she said and waited to listen carefully.

“Okay but don’t freak out and just listen till the end” I said.

“Okay go.”

“So you know my new neighbor is Yixi-“

“I SWEAR HAERI I KNEW IT, YOU TOTALLY HAVE A THING FOR THE CHINESE DUDE” and there she said she wouldn’t interrupt… “YOU TWO KISSED OM-“

“Jina shut up and listen” I flicked her forehead, “he moved here and we started taking the same bus daily and most of the times we walk together to the bus station and back home, we’d also occasionally meet on the street or so, and besides we are in the same class. So I don’t know I somehow ended up really liking him.”

“Tell me more” she said.

“He’s very polite and gentle, he’d always stand up for ahjummas and ahjussis or girls and kids to sit if the bus is full, he’d do the hard work instead of relying on others, he’d cheer people up, he studies and tries hard to be the best he can be, he laughs like a little baby, his dimple is the most precious thing and sometimes he’d look so lost and clueless his eyes would turn into these cute big balls and his lips would form a little ‘o’, and sometimes when he doesn’t understand what I’m saying he’d say “huh?” and he looks so adorable I just squeal so hard inside…”

I didn’t pay attention to how long my list was, my words kept flowing and flowing until I noticed Jina smiling widely and almost laughing.

“Haeri-ya” she pinched my cheek lightly “you really like him so much don’t you?”

I felt my cheeks turned a bit pink even though I’m not the type to be shy. At least not in front of Jina. “I guess I really do” I said.

“So he likes you?” she asked excitedly.

“He asked if there’s something between me and Jongin so I asked why he cares to know” she kept nodding quickly asking for more “so he kissed me and he said he cares about me.”

“OMG HAERI THAT IS ING SWEET OMG” Jina squealed like crazy “so what did you say???”

“I told him it is none of his business” I smiled proudly but Jina soon smacked my head.

“Ouch!”

“Why the hell would you say that?” she gave me a you’re-ing-stupid look.

“Because he kissed me like he owns every bit of me and he smirked like a devil and I don’t want to give in so easily you know?” I defended myself.

She stayed silent for a moment thinking.

“You’re right” she agreed “shouldn’t be so easy.”

“Right? But I really do like him I don’t want him to stop chasing me either” I honestly said.

“Then you should do one thing” she smirked. I looked at her with my clueless eyes waiting for her to explain when she finally spoke “Make. Him. Jealous.” She said “he should be sure you’re single but still feel like he didn’t own you yet you know? Like you could simply be falling for someone else. Just and make him jealous and mad, yet don’t go too far you understand?”

I blinked for few seconds before a wide smile almost ripped both our faces.

“You think so?” I asked and she nodded like a devil as we high-fived and burst into laughter.

“So how?” I asked the devil.

“Do you know where he goes or what he does on Saturdays?”

I thought about it for a moment before I answered “he goes for a walk around 8.”

“In the morning?!” I nodded “Ugh we’ll have to wake up early.”

 

 

I woke up to my crazy annoying alarm that wouldn’t shut up, I looked to my side Jina was still asleep like a bear. I had no energy to stand up and I swear I almost fell back asleep but Zhang freaking Yixing was probably running outside and I had to do what I had to do.

“Hey” I shook Jina “wake up” she mumbled few things as she tried to cover her head with the pillow.

Yixing was locking his door when I peeked from my window toward his house trying to see if he’s out yet.

“Yah wake up” I shook her more violently before I walked to my bathroom to wash and brush my teeth.

 

“I can’t believe you’re making me wear shorts in this cold weather” I complained as we left my house.

“Just shut up and walk” she said and we went off.

We took the direction that would lead us to cross paths with Yixing, we kept walking and walking and my thighs were freezing.

“This is endless” I muttered but Jina ignored me.

“Omg I think I see him” Jina elbowed me and I squinted my eyes to see the figure approaching from afar. It was indeed him.

“Okay now when he’s near, ignore him slightly” she said “let’s just laugh loudly like we’re having so much fun” she winked and I nodded.

Yixing’s POV

I was surprised to see Haeri and Jina jogging at around 8:30 in the morning, they don’t seem like the type that would get up early.

At least not Haeri.

Haeri was wearing short sports shorts and damn she must be crazy to wear such thing in this cold weather, but honestly her legs are so hot.

She looked so good and I hated that other guys might see her like that because I know what those milky thighs would lead them to think of.

“Good morning” I greeted the girls with a smile as I slowed down to talk to them.

“Oh morning” Haeri who was laughing with Jina barely glanced at me and replied before she turned her head back to her and they continued laughing hard.

She didn’t even slow down to greet me properly, just like no one was there.

That is so embarrassing and annoying. I mean what’s that hilarious thing at this early morning that took all her attention? She acted as if we were strangers!

Whatever. I tried to let my anger go as I continued my way just like nothing happened.

 

 

It was already 2 in the afternoon when I decided to go out and eat, I was really hungry and was dying for a chicken burger with some French fries.

I put on my light blue jeans and my red sweater under my black jacket before I went out. I heard voices talking as I was locking my door so I turned to look and I saw Jina and Haeri walking down the street. She didn’t seem to pay attention for me.

Annoying.

“Hey” I greeted, they both looked at me and smiled “where you’re going?” I casually asked trying not to show too much interest.

“Oh just to the-“ Haeri stopped talking when her phone vibrated “sorry” she said as she picked up.

Aish stupid phone… She was about to tell me where she’s going.

“Sehun-ah” she began “Hmm, yes, about 10 minutes, yeah she’s with me too, okay we’ll meet you there” she ended the call.

“See you later Yixing” she waved and smiled before walking off.

“H-Haeri” I called before she went further.

“Yes?” she turned her head toward me and asked.

“You never showed me the supermarket” okay I know that was stupid but I had nothing else to say.

She was talking to Sehun and I know Jongin was there too, she was going out with them but she didn’t give me a slight hint of where were they going.

“Ah sorry about that but I have plans now” she smiled sheepishly “I’ll do it later I promise!” she beamed and walked off without waiting for my reply.

I was looking for some way to prevent her from going or at least if I knew where they were going I would have pretended to be going the same place. but I didn’t wanna follow her around like a stalker either.

Ugh this is frustrating.

This whole Jongin thing is driving me freaking crazy.

Are they really just friends? Or are they more than that?

Yesterday I kissed her and I know she liked it but now she’s acting like I’m just any acquainted guy that she barely knows…

What are her real emotions?

Aishhh Kang Haeri. You’re driving me crazy.