Chapter Twenty

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Haeri’s POV

I was falling asleep in our History class when the phone vibrated in my pocket and woke me up.

From: Baby <3

Don’t sleep baby, midterms are soon.

I smiled when I read it because first, it means he was stealing glances at me and second, he really cares.

To: Baby <3

Nae Nae keke.

“Who are you texting?” Jongin raised a brow trying to look at my screen. I immediately locked my phone and tucked it back in my pocket.

“No one” I lied “I got a text it was just some commercial.” I said and pretended to focus back on the board.

I know it’s me being selfish and somehow a coward but I still didn’t tell anyone about me and Yixing. Only Jina knew.

 

“I’m buying food today” said Jina before she walked to the counter with Sehun.

Jongin looked a bit tired and I knew he didn’t sleep all night, he didn’t seem fine.

“Are you sick?” I asked him as we took our seats in our usual table while Eunha decided to join Sehun and Jina instead of Jongin because he didn’t look okay.

“I’m fine” he sighed laying his head above his folded arms over the table.

I moved my chair closer to his and patted his shoulder, “Jongin-ah, talk to me.”

He raised his head and cracked a sad smile, “I’m tired…” is all he managed to say.

He got me really worried because he’s usually more active and playful, and I suddenly felt guilty because for the past couple of weeks I’ve been putting all my attention on me and Yixing and I somehow neglected Jongin.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him worriedly.

He rubbed his forehead before speaking, “it at home Haeri… they’re always fighting again and this time it’s worse” he almost whispered letting a small sigh escape his lips.

His parents went through hard times before, those times were the hardest for Jongin especially because he was younger and he always had to watch them fighting and yelling at each other.

Through those times we all stood by him, but it has always been me who’s the closest to him and I feel like he’s most comfortable talking to me about all his problems.

“This time I don’t think it’ll pass Haeri…” he said sadly and I felt my heart breaking. I never want to see him going through hard times again, even if he is older now but it still must be hurtful.

I held both of his hands between mine and rubbed them trying to comfort him, “is it that bad?”

“It really is” he replied.

“When did it start happening again?” I asked searching for his eyes.

“Few weeks now” he replied looking at the ground and I felt so damn guilty that it started happening probably when my relationship with Yixing started and that’s why I didn’t notice.

“Oh God Jongin why didn’t you tell me before?!”

“I… it started getting this bad only few days ago” he shrugged weakly.

“I’m so sorry Jongin” I squeezed his hands and held them tightly.

“What for?”

“For not being there for you through every hard moment” I looked at the ground while speaking, I felt really bad, “but trust me everything will be okay I will be here beside you” I assured him.

“You’re here now” he said tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, “I’m so lucky to have you Haeri” he said sincerely “sometimes it feels like you’re all I have and I thank God for having you.”

“You have us all, me, Sehun, Jina and Eunha” I said, “we all love you and we are all here for you.”

He smiled thankfully and sat straight when the rest joined us, we ate silently at first then we talked a bit about Jongin’s situation. We all tried to support him and cheer him a bit.

With that happening I felt like it’s totally not the right time to tell them about Yixing. I also decided not to neglect them anymore even though I’ve been doing it unintentionally.

I know Yixing will understand.

 

 

“You’re very quiet today” I told Yixing who took a seat beside me when we got on the bus. we walked the whole way from school to our bus station silently, he didn’t say a word and when I asked how was his day he just shrugged and said “fine.”

“Ah really” he let out a small laugh, “I’m a bit sleepy I guess.”

I know he was lying, he wasn’t sleepy he was just upset.

“Yixing” I called his name.

“Yes?” he replied trying to avoid my eyes.

“Why aren’t you looking at me?”

He looked at me, “I am.”

“What’s wrong?” I asked again hoping he’d honestly answer me.

“Nothing I was just thinking about how fast time is going, like we’ll reach the end of this year in no time” he said.

Fine he wasn’t willing to talk about the real reason he’s upset.

I just nodded and turned my head to face the window, for the first time the ride was a bit uncomfortable, I knew exactly what was on his mind and it bothered me that he chose not to talk about it. I wanted to start the conversation first but I was somehow pissed so I decided to do it later.

 

 

“I know you’re upset” I said as we reached his door, it became a habit to visit his house after school. “You’re upset because today I was holding Jongin’s hands, I saw you looking why aren’t you just saying it?”

“What do you want me to say Haeri?” He said opening his front door and waiting for me to go in first.

“Tell me I saw you with Jongin and I didn’t like it!” I accidentally yelled, I really hate it when he keeps it inside, I’d rather see him scolding me than being hurt and acting like it’s okay.

“What’s the point? I already told you I don’t like it but he’s you’re friend and I can’t oblige you to stay away from him” he answered putting his bag down and helping me remove my coat. This bastard is nice even when he’s upset, “I hate it when you two touch each other because Haeri you’re my girl I want to be the only one touching you” he finally began letting it out and that’s what I wanted.

“Something burns in me whenever he hugs you or holds your hand and I feel like running to you and snatching you away from him and wrapping my arms so tight around you so no one else in this world can lay a finger on you” he looked at me and continued after he placed all our stuff on the couch.

I looked at him kinda astonished because I honestly didn’t know that’s how he felt about me. I felt flattered and happy.

I took few steps closer to him and held his hand gently looking up at him.

“I don’t like it when you keep it inside” I said, “you have the right to be mad you should talk to me about it instead of keeping it inside.”

“But I don’t want to lose you…” he sighed.

“Why would you!” I asked a bit confused.

“Because I know how close you two are and I’m afraid if I tell you I’m jealous of him you’d end up choosing him and leaving me Haeri… and I don’t want to even think about my life without you” he said honestly, holding both of my hands tight.

We sat on the bigger couch still holding hands and facing each other, he looked at me with a worried expression waiting for me to say something.

“Yixing-ah” I started “first of all, I never want to imagine my life without you either,” I confessed and I saw his face lit up at what I said, “and I would never leave you for anyone or anything” I assured him. “What happened today was just me being a friend because he needed me” I talked to him about Jongin’s situation and as I expected he understood the whole thing.

“It’s nice the friendship you two have” he said “but I really hope he sees you like a friend only because you’re mine I won’t let anyone take you away from me” he said pulling me into a warm embrace and squeezing my small figure between his big arms.

I love it whenever he hugs me tight like this. This feeling of safety and love I never found it except with him.

My Yixing <3

We stayed hugging for a while and it felt nice. It was all quiet until he spoke again.

“I think this means you’re not telling them about us now right?”

“It honestly doesn’t seem like the right time at all, Jongin is going through so much it would be rude to just flaunt my happiness in front of him don’t you think?” I spoke honestly and that’s why I love the most about my relationship with Yixing. I never feel like I should hide anything I’m always expressing myself the way I truly am.

“I agree, even though I still want everyone to know that you’re my princess but I guess now really isn’t the right time.”

“Aww” I accidentally let out a small squeal and he laughed, “you just called me your princess” I buried my head deep in his neck as my cheeks were burning.

He held my chin and gently pulled my head away to face him, “you’re my princess and my everything” he said looking into my eyes “I love you” he said and softly placed his sweet lips on mine kissing me passionately.

My heart started beating violently I felt it might burst any time soon, it skipped some beats and sometimes beats came in doubles, it’s like my whole system shutted down then worked again I don’t know how to explain it but I saw stars dancing in my head.

HE JUST SAID HE LOVED ME.

He always said he liked me and he always made me feel loved but now that he said it my heart went wild I barely kept breathing.

I pulled away and I opened my eyes to look directly at his, I wrapped both of my hands behind his neck and pulled him closer to me so our foreheads leaned against each other and his hot breath hit my lips “I love you Yixing” I said with all the sincerity I hold in my heart, “I love you so much” I said before I kissed him giving him all my love.

He closed his eyes right before I did too and he kissed me back I felt like I’m melting in his arms. His lips are the sweetest, I love kissing him, and I love holding him and feeling his touches, I love everything about Yixing to the point I can’t ever imagine myself without him.

“Haeri-ya” he made me sit on his lap my back leaning on his chest and his chin sat on my shoulder. His hands held my waist securely.

“Hmm?” I placed my hands over his arms loving the feeling of him surrounding me.

“Promise me that you’ll never leave me” he whispered next to my ear before he planted a little kiss there that tickled me.

“I will never leave you, I promise” he pressed his lips against my neck and planted a kiss there too. He intoxicates me by his every little touch.

 

 

It was around 6 pm when I went back home.

Yixing gave me a copy of his keys today I couldn’t believe it, he said I’m the one he trusts the most and he wants me to have his keys for emergencies or if I ever felt like going there even if he’s not home. It makes me so happy that he thinks of me like this, we have been dating for not so long but our relationship is so strong I’m blessed.

When I reached my front door I found it unlocked, I opened it and walked in to find my mom on the couch, she was hugging her knees and looked like she was crying.

I didn’t know if I should check on her or just ignore her existence and go to my room. I decided to check on her after all.

“Are you okay?” I asked taking a seat on the couch facing her.

She shook her head but stayed silent.

“What happened?” I asked a bit hesitantly because I know she always cuts me off and pushes me away.

“I broke up with Namsu” surprisingly she replied, and I scoffed at that reply of hers. She always breaks up with her boyfriends what’s new this time…?

“If it makes you so sad then why did you do it?” I asked.

I’ve watched her break up with so many guys but I never understood why, I was really very curious to know the reason.

“Where have you been till now?” she ignored my question.

“Tell me first why do you always-“

“I asked where have you been!” she interrupted.

“With my boyfriend” I was so pissed I rudely replied just like that.

“You have a boyfriend?” she looked at me wiping her face and tying her hair into a bun.

“Yeah” I simply replied.

“How come I don’t know? Is it the guy I met when…”

“When you came back home drunk? Yes it’s him” I said standing up to go to my room “oh but I’m sure you don’t remember which time exactly because let’s face it the times you came home drunk are way too many” I shot before I continued walking.

“Come here young lady I’m still talking to you!” she yelled when my foot was stepping on the first step of the stairs, “don’t be such a rude daughter” she warned.

I turned around laughing, “now you remember that you have a daughter, mom?” I asked bitterly, “you never tell me anything about your boyfriends or your personal life, heck I barely ever see you” my voice came out louder this time, “and I’m not gonna tell you anything about my personal life either” I turned around and left to my room.

She was yelling something about me being impolite but it’s really just me being hurt…

 

 

I woke up at 5:50 am, the alarm hasn’t gone yet and that’s weird. I must have fallen asleep really early. I checked my phone to turn off the alarm before it goes wild and ruins my mood, I found two texted messages.

The first one I checked was from Yixing, he sent it at 9 pm. Damn I fell asleep even before 9 pm.

From: Baby <3

It’s very cold >< Stay warm princess.

I still cringe at the cheesiness of his ID on my phone but it’s also dorky and adorable because he saved it like that.

The second one was from Jongin.

From: Jongin-ah

I want to call but I’m afraid you’re asleep…

He sent it at 11:12 pm, unfortunately I was deep asleep by that time. I hope nothing bad happened at that late hour.

I got off bed and went to the window to peek at Yixing’s house, it was all dark he was probably still asleep.

I washed and fixed myself early so I could prepare something sweet to my amazing boyfriend for once.

 

I met Yixing as soon as I opened the door to leave.

“Good morning beautiful” he said kissing me forehead sweetly.

“Good morning baby” I kissed his dimple and gave him a little hug. He held my hand and we walked together.

“Your hand is cold” he said holding it tightly.

“Yixing-ah” I took two sandwiches out of my bag, “let’s eat” I beamed happily, “I’m hungry” I said. I was really hungry because the last thing I ate was some potato chips the day before with Yixing and it was around 5:30 pm.

He nodded happily and we sat waiting for the bus to arrive since today we came 10 minutes earlier.

Okay I confess I’m usually the one who gets us late…

“That’s delicious” he said after he swallowed and I know he meant it “thank you baby” he thanked me happily.

“Anything for my Yixing” I shyly replied and I saw that precious dimple on his face.

He always makes me happy and for once I felt so happy that I was being able to show him my love and make him smile even with small actions.

My phone vibrated indicating that I received a text message. I took my phone out of my pocket to check it.

From: Jongin

Can’t wait to see you, Haeri-ya.

I gulped when I saw the message because I really didn’t want to ruin Yixing’s mood on this morning. I looked at him he wasn’t looking at me or at my phone, he was looking away like he’s trying to give me privacy.

How not to love every bit of him?

“That’s Jongin” I said, “he texted me last night too, I think something happened but I was asleep I couldn’t reply.”

He nodded quietly while chewing his food. I know it makes him jealous but it’s better than hiding it from him.

 

I went to find my friends near the lockers when we arrived to school, as soon as I reached them Jongin hugged me so tight it took me by total surprise and I felt Yixing’s steps stop suddenly, but then he slowly walked again to class without looking back at us.

“I’m glad you’re here” Jongin whispered.

I rubbed his shoulder gently, “I’m sorry I was asleep last night when you texted me” I said pulling away from his tight grip, “what happened?”

“I was hanging out with Sehun and when I went back home I found my mom in her room crying” he said as we walked alone to class, “he dared to hit her… can you imagine?” he said disappointedly.

“He did what!” I couldn’t hide the shock.

“She said he was drunk and by the time I was home he had already left, I was disgusted and I needed someone to talk to… because I didn’t know what to do” I felt really bad.

“I think it will be best if they divorce…” I gave my honest opinion.

“Me too, I want him to leave us alone then he can go away with his mistresses and let us live peacefully.”

“I know it’s hard Jongin-ah” I said “I’m here for you” I patted his head softly and he cracked a little smile.

“You always are here for me and you always understand me the most” he let out a deep breath “how lucky am I to have you?” he pinched my cheek as we were entering the classroom. I glanced at Yixing uncomfortably, he just lowered his gaze to the desk.

“Oppa!” I heard Sora’s loud voice as I was sitting in my seat in the back, I looked at her direction she was talking to Yixing.

MY YIXING.

“Today I’m buying you lunch” she said excitedly.

“Why are you thinking about lunch since this early morning though” he laughed and she acted all shy and cute.

Ugh

She slightly touched his shoulder and that’s when the blood running in my veins felt hotter. “Because I owe you one” she shrugged and went back to her place happily before he even replied as if she’s sure he’d go.

I immediately felt like throwing my huge English book on her to wipe that fake y smile off her face.

NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO TOUCH MY HOT AMAZING BOYFRIEND OR FLIRT WITH HIM.

-----------------------------

I think that's the longest chapter so far XD should i keep them short or long? Hope you're enjoying it ^^