Chapter Twenty-three

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Haeri’s POV

I could tell Sora decided to begin with her evil plans when I saw her in the hall during our break sitting on the floor in front of Yixing saying something about her ankle.

“This hurts so much… I can’t stand up, oppa please help me” she extended her hand waiting for him to help her get up and so he did.

“Stop faking it Sora” I went and jerked her hand away off Yixing’s. “We both know you’re faking it, just stand up alone.”

“Haeri why are you being like this?” she looked at me with hurt eyes.

“Haeri, she just fell down no need to be harsh” he tried to whisper to me but I knew she heard when I saw a smirk on her face.

“She’s faking it” I hissed angrily.

“Oww” she pretended to be in so much pain as she tried to stand up until eventually he helped her.

“You stood up now get lost” I rolled my eyes at her.

“Haeri your hair is really beautiful” she said touching one strand but I pushed her hand away immediately.

“I mean it makes you unique you know? Like even if I saw you from behind I’d immediately know it’s you” she faked a smile, “don’t you agree, oppa?” she turned her head to Yixing.

I looked at her a bit confused. What was she doing?

“Yes it’s beautiful” he smiled warming my heart and making her angrier.

“But it has some disadvantages too…”

“Eh?” he asked confused as well.

“I mean…” she unlocked her phone and I understood where she’s going, “see this picture was taken meters away from you guys that’s why anyone can’t tell it’s you oppa, but we can easily tell it’s you Haeri” she giggled pretending to be just throwing a joke.

She pretended like she didn’t know it was Jongin.

“Huh?” Yixing was lost, until he took the phone and squinted his eyes on the screen.

I can tell he tried to hide his emotions which seemed like a combination of shock, anger, disappointment, and hurt. But he failed to hide them.

“Oppa you look pale! I’m just joking, sorry if the picture upset you I just took it for fun but I will delete it if it makes you feel better” she spoke with apologetic eyes.

“Yixing…” I held his wrist calmly ignoring her.

He didn’t say a word he just gave her phone back and walked away. I took a deep breath preparing to walk after him but she soon held my wrist.

“You’re pathetic” I told her letting a small laugh. I shook her hand away and walked after Yixing.

 

“Haeri” Eunha’s voice stopped me.

“Eunha-ya” I softened when I saw her, “I miss you” I said giving her a warm hug.

“Me too…” she said, “Especially since you barely hang out with us anymore.”

“Ah about that…” I looked at the ground feeling sorry.

“I already know you’re with Yixing” she said giving me a small smile, “I hope you’re happy, congrats!” she smiled again turning to leave.

“Eunha” I stopped her, “why do we seem like strangers?” it came more like a whisper.

“Haeri… I wish you could have trusted me more. I thought our friendship was too strong” she said.

“Of course it is!” I held tighter to her hand. It’s something I realized I tend to do when I’m afraid of losing someone.

“Except that Jina knew about you and Yixing even before you guys started, but you still tried your best to keep it away from me” she sounded disappointed, “I really am happy for you, but it just makes me sad that you kept us all away, and now you barely spend time with us.”

I let out a deep breath.

“Everything was going too fast and I was scared… I’m sorry” I searched for her eyes.

“It’s fine” she placed her hand over my shoulder assuring me, “I have to go but let’s talk later” she smiled and waved before she answered her phone that was vibrating and walked away.

She was being nice as usual and I felt like . She made me realize how bad I miss them. I used to spend my whole time with them but in this past week it has all been a mess…

 

 

“Can you stop ignoring me?” I asked Yixing as we entered his house after he kept his earphones plugged in his ears the whole way back home.

“I am not” he said coldly. Something he wouldn’t usually do.

“That was nothing” I said referring to the picture, “you don’t really think I’m cheating on you with him right?”

“No I don’t” he said throwing his stuff on the couch.

“He confessed to me and… tried to kiss me” I said still standing by the door holding my stuff, “but I pushed him away nothing happened.”

“I said I know that nothing happened and I know you are not cheating” he was still using his cold tone.

“Then why are you like this?”

“If it wasn’t for her, I would have never knew right?”

Just when he asked me that I understood why Sora did it. She knew he trusts me, and she knew he would believe me, but she also knew that by doing this he’ll think that if it wasn’t for her he would have never known. She was showing him that she could show him things I was trying to hide.

“I wasn’t planning on hiding it.”

“It definitely seems like you weren’t planning on revealing it either.”

“Things were going fast okay? You disappeared and I fell sick and then we had that fight…” I was pissed because Sora was successfully planting doubt in our relationship.

First the fight I started with Yixing and now this.

“Yeah you just found it easier to accuse ‘me’ of cheating when it was ‘you’ who got kissed by another guy and still kept it away from me.”

“I said I wasn’t planning on doing it!” I yelled but he stayed silent. “Fine” I said turning to the door to leave.

“Wait!” he hurried and closed the door which I was opening.

“Let’s not fight” he said holding my hand, “let’s just calm down” he took my stuff and placed them on the couch and pulled me calmly to sit beside him.

We overcame another fight.

 

As time passed, Sora kept trying to come between us every now and then. On days we’d both ignore her or even laugh at her desperateness, but on other days she’d succeed into making us fight.

Even huge fights sometimes. But we’d always overcome them together.

The school was near it’s end, we still had around a month before the exams.

I was sitting with Yixing in the cafeteria which is something that became a daily routine. I glanced at my old table, where I used to always sit with Jongin, Sehun, Eunha, and Jina.

It was empty.

A lot of things had changed and it hurt, I miss them so bad. I miss us so bad.

I still talk to them of course, but it’s just not like it used to be.

Sehun and Eunha would always be together. They’d be eating or chatting and laughing, and sometimes they’d be even studying together. Their friendship has always been so strong.

Jina confessed to Kyungsoo. She finally confessed to him and to nearly everyone that she likes him. I was shocked at first that she did it but then again she’s always been strong and fearless. I looked at them sitting together enjoying their lunch across the room, she looked happy. They looked happy and it warmed my heart. I couldn’t be any more proud of her strength.

And there’s Jongin…

Jongin that I missed so much. It makes me cry when I see our old pictures together. We have always been so close, we have always been like brother and sister and I can’t believe we’re like strangers now.

Just one kiss ruined everything.

I wish I could fix everything. It’s not supposed to be hard keeping your friendships and your love relationship right? People normally fall in love, and they’d have their friends around them too.

Why wasn’t it like that for me?

 

 

I grabbed few books from my locker and ran quickly to class as I was running late.

“Yah!” I yelled after I bumped into someone and my books fell on the ground.

“Oh sorry sorr-“ he froze when he was gathering my books and stopped talking as soon as our eyes met.

“J-Jongin” I whispered.

We stared at each other’s eyes for few moments, he looked different.

His eyes were tired, and sad.

It looked like he lost weight, he didn’t look healthy.

And I… I realized how much I miss him.

“It’s been a while” he cracked a broken smile as he finished gathering my books together, he stood up and so did I.

“Yeah…” I replied awkwardly.

“Here” he said softly giving me my books back.

“H-how have you been?” I asked stopping him from turning around and leaving.

I didn’t want him to leave.

He looked at my eyes and smiled like telling me he misses me. He didn’t have to talk to let me know what’s going on in his mind, I already know him too well.

“Fine” he said, but I knew better.

He wasn’t fine, he was anything but fine.

I felt like I can’t swallow, something was stuck in my throat, maybe the tears I tried hard to suppress.

“We’ll be late” he said, “let’s go” he turned and walked away, and I followed him weakly to class.

 

 

“Aish where’s my phone” I mumbled to myself while looking for my phone between the pile of uniforms in the girls’ changing room. It was time to leave, the last period we had was PE class and I changed back to my uniform but I couldn’t find my phone.

I used Jina’s phone to dial my number and I finally found it when it vibrated, it was on a small chair near the doors.

Weird I don’t remember putting it there.

I threw my bag over my shoulder and walked outside the room to leave.

“Haeri” I looked to see who’s calling me, it was Jongdae. “Yixing is waiting for you in class” he said slowing down but not stopping.

“In class?” I asked confused but he just shrugged and left.

 

Yixing’s POV

Right after PE class ended it was finally time to leave, I grabbed my stuff and went to wait for Haeri. She was probably changing.

I checked my phone after it vibrated, I received a text message from Haeri.

Meet me in class.

In class? I thought it was really weird but I went anyway.

It was empty when I entered and looked around, she wasn’t there so I decided to wait few minutes for her.

“Haeri-ya” I smiled and placed my hands over hers after she covered my eyes from behind.

“Baby why did you wanna meet here?” I asked her but she remained quiet for few seconds before she suddenly crashed her lips into mine kissing me so strongly it took me by total surprise that I held her waist.

I was soon very shocked when she removed her hands to see that it was Sora not Haeri. I backed off immediately but it was too late, Haeri was already froze next to the class door.