Chapter Twenty-seven

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Haeri’s POV

Mondays are so tiring and hard and ugly. It was already 8 pm when I decided to stop studying because my brain couldn’t take in any more information.

School since early morning and studying after school is too much. And I was thinking about how the worst part is I barely saw Yixing today when he texted me.

From: Baby <3

Done studying? I miss you.

Since I was pretty bored I decided to mess with him a bit.

  • Me:        Yup, done. Thank you ^^
  • Yixing: … >_> Come over
  • Me:        What do I get if I go? ^^
  • Yixing: Just come and you’ll see ~-~
  • Me:        Better be something good I’m telling ya
  • Yixing: What do I get if it is?
  • Me:        Uhmm… me not kicking your (^-^)
  • Yixing: @_@ just come…

I tucked my phone in my pocket and went straight to Yixing’s house. The smile lingered on my face. I enjoy teasing him the most.

 

“So what did you bring me here for?” I asked him loudly from the living room as I sat down on the couch and crossed my legs under me.

“This” he threw himself on the couch next to me and dragged a small table placing it in front of us. He had a very wide smile on his face as he emptied the plastic bag on the table.

“Puzzle?” I narrowed my eyes on him, “PUZZLE?”

“Yah don’t be too fast to judge its fun okay? Besides the pieces are very big it won't even be hard” he defended.

“Then do it by yourself,” I rolled my eyes at him.

“Don’t be like this just come and help me do it,” he dragged me closer to him.

I whined and complained but he insisted. Is that what fun looks like to him? Oh God…

I started fixing the pieces which were pretty much all black and had silver lines and curves on them.

“What is it even?” I asked but he just shrugged. He was right though the pieces were big and I was easily putting them together.

I tiled my head as I was completing it and it all made sense when I fixed the last piece. My eyes widened and my lips parted in shock.

“Oh My God” escaped my mouth.

I looked at the beautiful black piece in front of me, where a very beautiful silver “I Love You Haeri <3 Would You Go To Prom With Me?” was written on it.

“Holy Yixing you did this…?” I asked still placing my hands over my mouth.

“Haeri-ya,” he said my name gently after he stood up straight and took a very beautiful red rose from behind his back. “I know it's a bit early but, Would you honor me by going to prom with me?”

Aashakjdhfgwuifhwohfcworbfgurhfilhqoicnq

SORRY THAT WAS MY HEART FLIPPING A THOUSAND TIMES.

I didn’t know if I was smiling or crying or just screaming like crazy but I stood up and jumped into his arms literally clinging with my hands and my legs around his body.

“Yes yes yes!!!” I squeaked happily.

WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE SUCH A SWEET BOYFRIEND!

I was so happy that even though we’re together and it would only be normal for us to go together he still made the effort to ask me in such a way.

I regretted being a jerk about the puzzle thing but oh he knows the lazy me, so he won’t be sad XD

 

 

 

It had been two hours since I started studying with Jina, Eunha and Kyungsoo. Everything was going well, Kyungsoo was being really helpful. For once I felt like I actually do have a chance to make it through this exam.

“I’m nervous,” Eunha complained laying her head over her arms on the table.

“No need though, we’ll do well” Kyungsoo said confidently and Jina nodded agreeing.

“We finished everything now we still have a week to go over any hard points we find,” said Jina.

“Yeah we’re finally done covering everything,” I yawned wildly.

It’s true that we finished studying early, but it took hell lot of work and effort.

“I’ll get that,” Jina stood up and went to get the door.

“So how’s studying goin-“ it’s like Jongin’s words were stuck in his throat when he entered and saw me.

“It’s good,” she replied, “take a seat.”

He nodded quickly and took a seat next to Kyungsoo who surprisingly seemed to get along with him just fine. They were talking about some kind of video games.

“Guys I have to leave,” Eunha gathered her books and stood up, “my mom told me not to stay out late so…” she said her goodbyes and left.

“Kyungsoo-ya,” called Jina after few minutes, “would you mind helping me? I remembered I still have something I need to go through because I didn’t quite get it.”

“Yes sure sweetie,” he immediately stood up and they left to another room leaving me alone with Jongin.

He looked awkwardly to his left and to his right.

 “I heard you’re attending Seoul Arts University.”

“Y-yeah.” He stuttered.

“Best of luck!” I raised my fist not so high.

“For you too, good luck in getting into SNU.”

“Not sure if I’m gonna make it but… thank you anyway.”

“Of course you’ll make it! You’ve always been smart all you needed was a little studying,” he said finally getting a bit more comfortable speaking.

“Ah you think so? Thank you” I smiled and so he did. “I should be going home before it gets darker outside” I gathered my books in my bag.

“Umm… Do you want me to walk you home?” he asked suddenly, I nodded accepting.

“I… I missed you.” I said after walking for few minutes with complete silence.

He quickly shifted his eyes to me after they were wandering every part of the street avoiding me only. He softened and I sensed some sadness in his eyes.

“Y-you… don’t hate me?” he asked more like a whisper. I laughed lightly.

“Of course I don’t stupid, I could never.”

“Haeri I’m so sorry for everything that happened before,” he apologized sadly.

“Don’t… it’s okay now… I’m sorry for everything I did as well…”

He shook his head and swallowed hard, “you didn’t do anything wrong it was all my fault. After we parted away I realized few things. I guess… I guess it wasn’t really love Haeri, it was just that since we’ve been kids it had always been you and me, we always faced everything together, I was used to always having you and to you always having me.” He started opening up more, “then he came, I mean Yixing… and he took your attention and he was there for you through everything. I felt jealous and scared, he was replacing me and I found it hard to accept it. I got mixed feelings and I confused our friendship with love. At that time I was going through a lot of hard times and it all affected me. I never meant to hurt you Haeri I’m really sorry for everything.”

Tears welled up in the corner of my eyes especially when I saw tears in the corner of his eyes.

“Pabo… I would have never given up on you, no one can replace you. At first I was scared to tell you about him and then when you confessed and we fought I thought you hated me… but if I remained honest since the very start this would have never happened to us, I’m so sorry Jongin” I lowered my head in regret and remorse but he quickly held my hand and lifted my chin up.

“Then we both made mistakes so let’s both just forget about them, hmm?”

“Of course,” I smiled.

The walk home was very nice, the weather was good and the streets were calm. We talked more about how life’s been and what’s new till we reached my house.

“So you don’t… you know… love- me?” I asked awkwardly as both of us were standing in front of my front door.

“Why? You want me to love you?” he smirked and I hit his shoulder jokingly. “Of course I love you,” he said, “you’re my little sister.” He pulled me into a hug just like he always used to do.

“Go in now,” he said, “don’t stay up late your exam is soon.”

I nodded and waved goodbye before I went in.

 

 

Yixing’s POV

 

To: My Princess

Babyyyyyyy, I’m waiting for you in front of your house

I watched her window knowing that her head will pop anytime soon and so it did.

“Come here” I mouthed and made a gesture with my hand telling her to come.

“Okay” she said and nodded excitedly.

She still didn't know about the offer i got, and i still didn't confirm anything but i still felt like i'm missing her all the time. I just wanted to spend time with her as much as i can.

When she came out I was waiting with my arms wide opened. “RUN,” I yelled. Her lips formed a huge smile as she came running to me and jumped into my arms like a very light feather making me inhale her breathtaking scent as the wind blew in between the strands of her hair. It’s like her legs automatically crossed themselves around my waist and I loved whenever she did that.

“I miss you,” I whispered to her ear and kissed it making her giggle from the tickling feeling.

“I miss you more,” she said taking my lips into her and kissing them so passionately it made me want more.

Since I was already holding her I walked back home with her in my arms. I pushed the door open with my shoulder as my lips were still on Haeri’s. She’s like drug to me that I could never get enough of.

I pinned her to the door as soon as we entered making her hiss in pain.

“Sorry” I murmured through our kisses and i loosened my grip not to be harsh.

“You’re being so naughty tonight,” she smirked escaping away from my grip and running away from one corner to another laughing loud and teasing me.

“You’re such a tease,” I rolled my eyes at her.

“You’re such a hottie,” she stuck her tongue.

“Yah Kang Haeri, don’t test me” I narrowed my eyes at her threatening to chase her till I catch her.

“Pftt I’m not scared,” she stood on my bed crossing her hands against her chest.

“Are you sure?” I challenged and she just shrugged.

I looked at her from head to toe, “IT’S ON!”

She let out a loud combination of squeaks, screams, and laughs as I attacked her and pinned her to the bed tickling every part of her.

She kept screaming through her loud laughs “GET OFFFF YIXING I CANTTTTT HANDLE TICKLING.”

“YOU SAID YOU WEREN’T SCARED THOUGH” I laughed at her like a devil.

“OKAY OKAY WAITTTT” I stopped tickling her ready to hear what she has to say.

She laughed again as she was still laying on the bed underneath me as I was sitting on top of her placing a knee at each side of her waist.

 I looked at her, her hair was covering her now red face because she moved and laughed so much.

I watched her every movement, she was breathing heavily, trying to brush her hair off her face.

I realized once again how she drives me crazy. She’s a combination of hot and cute. God how much i'd miss her...

“You’re stunning.”

The words left my lips naturally without me planning to say them. She stopped laughing and looked at me.

“I love you so much,” I got off her and pulled her into my arms planting little kisses over her whole face.

“I love you too baby,” he said softly curling her tiny body between my arms and clutching tight into my shirt.

I love it when she holds on to me like that.

 

 

I stood outside the building waiting for Haeri to finish her exam just like I promised I will. I was praying for her to do well, I know she wants to enter SNU so bad.

Students finally started getting out and I anxiously waited to spot my Haeri.

After around 10 minutes I finally saw her. She came out with Jina, Eunha, and Kyungsoo and they seemed to be discussing the questions and answers of the exam.

“Haeri-ya” I called her and waved from afar.

“Yixingggg-aaaaaaaah” she was screaming my name while running to me like little kids I couldn’t help but laugh at her adorableness.

She hugged me tightly when she reached me.

“Yixing I did so well!!! I was discussing my answers with the rest and we answered the same things I think I did pretty well!!”

“See!! I knew you can do it! I’m so proud of you baby.” I kissed her forehead and gave her a chocolate bar because she was probably hungry.

“Is that only my treat?” she frowned.

“Yah by the way there’s a word that sounds something like ‘thank you’.”

She chuckled and pecked my lips lightly, “well that’s my thank you” she smirked.

“Naughty,” I whispered to her ear and she giggled.

“Hey guys how did you do?” I asked her friends when they reached us. I saw Eunha and Jina exchanging looks and giggles while looking at us.

“Pretty well,” said Kyungsoo.

“Congrats!” I felt genuinely happy for them all.

“Yixing, you should join us sometime so we could all hang out together,” spoke Jina.

“Ohh really?” I smiled shyly scratching the back of my neck.

“Totally, we’d have fun.” Eunha winked at me and Haeri.

“Sure!” I agreed.

 

 

Haeri’s POV

I grabbed my books and ran to Yixing’s house to study. After I was done with my entrance exam we still had the national exams to get over with before we finally graduate.

I was studying with Yixing daily. I helped him with subjects I’m better at like literature, and he helped me with what he’s better at.

Pretty much everything.

My fist that was ready to knock stopped right in front of Yixing’s door when I heard him talking to someone who based on his voice I realized is Minseok.

“It’s just one year though,” Minseok said, “Haeri will understand.”

“But hyung it’s America we’re talking about,” Yixing said, “I’ll be on the other half of the globe without her…”

My legs went completely numb when I heard his words.

America? One year? What was going on?

“But Yixing this became your dream! I know you really want to go…” Minseok said sounded frustrated.

“It is my dream but Haeri-“

“But if Haeri loves you she will understand and she will wait for you.”

Everything I heard hit me so hard. I was still frozen outside with a million thoughts crossing my mind and tears welling up quickly in my eyes.

What will happen to me and Yixing next? Is he really leaving?

The door in front of me opened suddenly and I gasped lowly in surprise. I quickly stepped back.

“H-Haeri?” Yixing’s eyes widened in shock when he saw me, he spoke nervously, “baby why are you standing here, come in. Since when are you out here?”

“Are you leaving?” It came out like a whisper.

“Uh I’ll just leave you two alone,” Minseok excused himself awkwardly and left.

“…What’s going on?” my voice cracked as I asked Yixing. He held my hand and leaded me inside to sit on the couch as he took a seat next to me.

“Okay but first you should know that nothing is confirmed this is just an offer,” he said trying to calm me down.

He told me about an offer he got to join a very famous agency that would help him become a model and an actor, but to do so he had to leave for America for one full year.

“A-Are you going?” I found myself holding my breath while waiting for his answer.

“I’m not sure… I don’t wanna leave you Haeri, ever” he held both of my hands tightly.

“No but Yixing if I wasn’t in your life, would you have accepted to go?” as much as it pained my heart, I would never agree that he gives up on his dreams for me.

“I- I think I would have, but Haer- my God baby are you crying???“ he squat in front of me trying to remove my hands that I used to cover my face.

Just that thought of him leaving shattered my heart. I didn’t want to look so weak and annoying but I just couldn’t suppress my tears.

I shook my head telling him that no I am not crying but who am I kidding? My tears were already streaming.

“Baby please don’t cry, please, nothing is confirmed” he pulled me into his chest and just by smelling him my tears fell even harder.

I can’t live without him…

“I’m sorry Yixing.” I apologized for crying and sounding like a weak child that is about to ruin his goals and dreams.

“Don’t apologize Haeri, in fact I am sorry listen to me I swear I won’t do anything that would make you sad,” he raised my chin and wiped my tears away.

Is he seriously willing to stay just for me?

I took a deep breath and tried to calm down before I spoke again.

“You should go for it” I said firmly, “you’d be stupid to give it up just for me.” It made my heart pound in sadness but I meant it.

“But I love you Haeri… I don’t want to leave you, I don’t want you to forget all about me if I go” he looked sadly at the ground.

“No but Yixing it will be okay, time flies so fast. A year will go so fast too, and I will wait for you, I will still be here when you come back.”

I’m not sure who was I trying to convince more that time flies so fast, him or me.

I knew too well that a year without him would be hell.

I don’t know what a year apart would do to us but what I know is I love him. I love Yixing so much and I don’t think a year or two or ten could ever make me forget about him.

And the thing I have to pray for is that he wouldn’t forget about me.