Chapter Thirteen

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Haeri’s POV

I felt a sudden strong grip around my wrist interrupting my conversation with Yixing.

“Where the hell have you been” Jongin hissed angrily still grabbing my wrist so tight I felt like it might crush.

“J-Jongin ow- my hand”

“Answer me Haeri!” his tone got sharper “you said you were going to the ing bathroom then you just disappear like that.”

I don’t know how I totally forgot to tell them that I wasn’t going back to the café. I reached for my phone with my other hand but I couldn’t find it.

“Of course” he scoffed “you didn’t even notice that you forgot it on the table because you didn’t even think about telling us that you’re not coming back.” His rage kept increasing and he looked so angry.

“Let me explain Jongin- but my wrist plea-“ the pain was too sharp I couldn’t speak.

“There’s nothing to explain there! You ditched us for him” he nodded angrily towards Yixing.

I hissed again in pain as his grip got tighter.

“Jongin it wasn’t her fault let her hand go you’re hurting her” Yixing butted in and thank God Jongin decided to let my now red wrist go.

But unfortunately he left it not because Yixing asked him to, nor because I said it hurt, but because he went to grab Yixing’s collars with both of his hands.

“You stay the away of this” Jongin warned him between his gritted teeth “this is none of your ing business.”

I saw Yixing closing his eyes and taking a deep breath like he’s trying not to lose his patience and I got so worried that they might start a fight.

“G-guys people are looking at us calm down” I said tying to separate them but Jongin wouldn’t even look at me “security might come here Jongin please just let him go” I pleaded but he still ignored until we saw to cops around.

He turned to look at me, and I swear he never looked at me like that before.

He looked angry yet disappointed.

“Jongin” I called his name softly “I’m sorry.”

“You know what Haeri… you can go anywhere you want with anyone you want I won’t interfere anymore” he said “so don’t even say sorry” his tone changed into a disappointed one.

“Jongin i-“

“Just stop I said it doesn’t matter” he turned around to leave but immediately stopped and turned back to me.

“Here” he opened my hand and placed my phone there then he looked at Yixing disgustingly “you better make sure she reaches home safe” he told him before he left.

I left Yixing standing alone as I was running to catch Jongin when Sehun stopped me.

“Haeri where the hell have you been we were worried sick about you” he held my shoulders and looked at me from head to toe checking my whole body “are you okay? Did something happen?” he kept asking to make sure nothing happened to me.

“I’m fine Sehun-“

“Where’s Jongin? Wait let me tell him I found you he’s been looking for you for almost three hours now, he was worried as hell” he said dialing Jongin’s number but I soon stopped him.

“Sehun stop I saw Jongin” I said.

“Huh? Where is he?” he asked searching with his eyes around.

“H-he just left.”

“Why? And by the way where were you?!” he started asking so much questions I got a headache.

“I was going back to the café but…” I was honestly worried that Sehun would be pissed too.

“But…?” he asked.

I rubbed my forehead with my fingers before speaking “I kinda met someone and I don’t know I guess i…“

“Would you speak clearly already?” Sehun urged me “just what happened?”

“Haeri!” Yixing’s voice interrupted as he walked faster toward us “you ran suddenly, I lost you” he told me.

“Oh now I get it” Sehun said looking at Yixing.

“Sehun I can explain-“

“But honestly Haeri what’s to explain? You’re totally fine and nothing bad happened to you” he said “don’t get me wrong I’m more than glad that you’re fine but we’ve been searching like crazy for 3 hours when you simply chose to just ditch us and hang out with someone else.”

Now that he puts it this way I really felt bad. I’m such a horrible friend I can’t apologize enough.

“It’s not that I ditched you Sehun” I said looking at the ground “I’m so sorry it just happened I don’t even know.”

“It’s fine” he shrugged but I knew it’s really not.

“I’ll pick Eunha and Jina they’re probably still waiting in the café” he said “then we’ll leave, go home safely Haeri” He said before he left.

Even Eunha and Jina waited for me how the hell did I forget about that.

“I’m so sorry” Yixing said suddenly after Sehun left “you should’ve told me you were busy when I asked you.”

“It’s not your fault” I simply replied “I wanna go home.”

“Come on lets go” he said and we went back to our houses.

 

 

I hurried to the lockers where my friends always hang out in the morning before classes. Usually they’d all be there except Eunha who always comes late, but today it’s just Jina and Sehun.

“Morning” I greeted.

“Morning” Jina replied with a half smile whereas Sehun just nodded.

“Guys I’m so sorry about yesterday” I sincerely apologized “I didn’t mean to leave suddenly but things just happened like that” I helplessly explained.

“Forget it Haeri” Jina smiled softly “it’s okay” she gently patted my shoulder.

“Thank you so much Jina” I hugged her tight, I was just so thankful that at least Jina understood.

“Sehun-ah” I called his name.

“It’s okay I guess” he shrugged and briefly smiled.

“Thank you” I said hugging him too.

“Where’s Jongin?” I asked.

“In class” Jina answered.

“5 minutes earlier?” I asked surprised.

“Yeah.”

 

“Jongin” I leaned to his desk and called his name near to his face “I know you’re not asleep, answer me please.”

He still didn’t answer.

“I know you were really worried yesterday and it was my entire fault I admit. I’m really sorry hmm?”

Still no reply.

“Jongin-ah don’t do this I know you are not sleeping” I shook him “just look at me would you?!”

“Just let me sleep!” I almost fell back when he suddenly snapped.

“Why are you being like this just listen to me at least!” I whispered loudly.

“You ing ditched us for that jerk Haeri and we were ing worried about you there’s nothing more to explain” he whispered back avoiding students’ attention.

“But Jongin i-“

“Good morning class” interrupted the teacher “take your seats please” he said.

I went to sit reluctantly. Today too it was Sehun beside me instead of Jongin.

“He was worried, that’s it” Sehun told me “give it time he’s just pissed now.”

 

Yixing’s POV

I was sitting in class but my mind wandered somewhere else.

Yesterday was so much fun, I had the best time with Haeri.

I realized she’s a very interesting girl that’s fun to be around, she’s also so pretty and cute.

It was all perfect until Jongin showed up. I still don’t understand why he’s overreacting anytime I’m around. It makes me think that he might have more than ‘just friends’ feelings toward her, and for some reason I didn’t like that at all.

In fact even the thought of it makes me mad.

When he held her wrist so hard I saw pain on her face, and it took all I had not to beat the crap out of him at that moment.

I am usually calm and nice but Jongin is taking it too far. Who is he to act like he owns her?

I looked back to glance at Haeri who was sitting in the back as usual. Sehun was next to her instead of Jongin.

I turned my head back and smiled inwardly but I was also worried because I know how much their friendship is important to her I and I didn’t want it ruined because of me.

“Sonsaengnim” Haeri’s sad voice interrupted my thoughts “may I go out?”

I waited for a couple of minutes before I asked for permission to go out as well. I knew she wasn’t alright and I felt like checking on her.

I went to the boys bathroom which is facing the girls bathroom.

I leaned on the bathroom’s door outside for a minute waiting for Haeri to come out.

“Yixing?” she asked surprised that I was there.

I raised my head and immediately stood straight.

“Did you cry?” I asked taking few steps closer to her. She just sniffed and shook her head.

“But your eyes are red” I said.

“I’m fine” she tried to walk away but I held her wrist and pulled her back.

“Ow” I quickly let go of her wrist when she hissed in pain.

“Oh God I’m so sorry did it hurt too much?” I checked her slightly bruised wrist.

That bastard did that to her.

“That jerk” I mumbled.

“Hey! Don’t talk about him like that” she quickly defended him.

“But look at your wrist it’s swo-“

“I don’t care” she pulled her hand away and tried to leave again but I held her shoulders and pinned her to the door.

Haeri’s POV

“Yixing what are you doing!” I whispered not to grab anyone’s attention. The hallway was empty but teachers would fill the place if they heard our voices.

He looked right into my eyes and asked me firmly “Does he love you?”

“What?!”

“I asked does Jongin love you? And do you love him?” he asked again slowly.

“This is none of your business! Let me go” I shook myself trying to escape his grip but he fixed me against that door again.

“Answer my ing question Haeri” he said again almost losing his patience.

Damn that was the first time I hear him cursing like that. I don’t know if it was his closeness, or the way he was pissed, or the way he cursed but he looked so hot. So hot I wanted to kiss him.

“What if he does? Huh?” I challenged “and what if I do? Why do you care?”

“I care God damnit Haeri!” He hissed slightly hitting the door with his palm, “I ing care” he said.

“Why!!” I pushed his chest with both of my hands and I felt his beautiful abs again.

“Because” he angrily replied before he held my face with both of his hands and I felt my head lightened when his soft lips locked mine.

Yixing kissed me.

 

-----------------------------

Guys i'm seriously worried that i might be messing this up because i don't know if it's good enough T^T (sorry of any typos and mistakes)