Chapter Thirty-two

Falling For Zhang Yixing

Third POV

Chanyeol was ready; he was waiting for Haeri downstairs in the living room with his father and stepmom. Their eyes widened when they saw Haeri; first because of the drastic makeover she underwent, and second because she looked stunning. With her new look, Haeri looked so different, in a good way.

The professional stylist that her stepdad brought for her changed her hairstyle completely; he cut it short that it became her jaw’s level and he changed her hair’s color to light brown unifying the color with no more different strands. Her makeup was perfectly done.

“You look stunning” said Chanyeol when Haeri showed up at the living room’s door. He was still looking at her with wide eyes. Her hair was curled into loose beautiful curls; it looked so soft and shiny just like celebrities. She wore an elegant black dress, floor-length, long sleeves, ; it fit her perfectly, it was simple yet she looked flawless.

“You look handsome yourself” she grinned looking at him from head to toe. Chanyeol was wearing a dark grey suit with black shirt underneath, no tie, and black shoes.

 “Take care of your sister” Mr. Park told Chanyeol and he nodded assuring him that he will. The parents complimented both kids as well before they left.

 

“I’m done,” Yixing informed his manager who was waiting for him outside his hotel room.

“Your tux fits you perfectly. This is very important to us since you’ll start working in Korea, we should make sure you get offers from the biggest companies. Being already famous isn’t always enough; you still need to show them that you are good enough to be their model. But anyway I’m sure all of them will die to have you signing contracts with them” the manager raised his thumb making Yixing smile humbly.

“Thanks hyung” Yixing thanked before they left for the event.

 

Yixing got out of the car when they arrived to the hotel where the event was taking place. He heard few comments from here and there praising his looks and fashion sense as he made his way through the huge well-decorated lobby. He looked dazzling indeed wearing black Armani tux with white shirt, black skinny tie, and black leather shoes. His dark pushed back hair showed up his handsomeness more.

 

Yixing’s POV

The party wasn’t bad at all, in fact, it was nice. I got to meet new people as soon as I stepped in, mostly owners of companies and models, both males and females. I chatted with different models about things like the whole training process and how our careers are going. I knew how lucky I am when some of them said they trained for 3 and 4 years while I got away with 6 months only.

“Yixing-ssi, right?” An older, very wealthy looking woman approached me.

“Yes, I’m Zhang Yixing” I answered and bowed respectfully.

“I heard a lot about you,” she said holding a drink, “so the news about you being very handsome isn’t false” she laughed lightly.

“Thank you! It’s an honor to hear that from someone as gorgeous as you!” I complimented her confidently making her lips widen into a huge smile. Something I was taught during my trainee days was that confidence and self-esteem is one strong weapon. And it was obvious from her face expression that she was impressed.

“Please enjoy the party” she smiled and turned away. Before she left she introduced herself as a fashion designer and I could tell she’s someone with high status.

I smiled in victory knowing that I grabbed someone’s attention in the first 20 minute of the event, someone like her.

I knew someone important just arrived when the few reporters in the place hurried to the entrance door and began clicking endless photos. I was wondering who was that until I overheard the people behind me talking.

“Oh isn’t that Mr. Park’s son? Ahh he’s such a handsome young man.”

“Yes it is, just by looking at him you can tell he’s the son of one of the richest businessmen in Korea.”

“But who is the lady with him? Is he engaged already?”

“I’m not sure either; she looks so beautiful from here though.”

I glanced over to their direction but none of their features were clearly visible since the lights were dimmed and the girl’s back was facing me. But I could tell all eyes were on her as I heard everyone talking about how beautiful she is.

 

Third POV

Yixing was on his way to one of the tables across the lobby where the drinks were placed when he heard a very familiar voice. His legs froze and suddenly couldn’t take another step.

“No I’m really glad I came with you.” Yixing heard that voice saying. He slowly turned his head to that direction, the pace of his heartbeats increasing more and more. For some reason, he was scared to look directly.

“I’m glad you came too, Haeri-ya.”

His heart sank hearing that name. It was confirmed, the beautiful lady that grabbed everyone’s attention with her elegance and beauty is none other than Kang Haeri.

She is the girl who shattered his heart and left him with no mercy during his hardest times when he needed her with him the most, just like she promised she’d always be.

He observed her from head to toe, her new short hair, her dress, the smile on her face, the way she’s moving and acting and talking.

Just like she had always been, she was, tonight too, breathtakingly beautiful.

For a moment, Yixing saw no one, he saw nothing and heard nothing, in front of his eyes there was only this stunning lady in black.

Haeri tilted her head as she was laughing lightly with Chanyeol about something.

Her eyes met two dark eyes watching her closely with a slight frown. That wide smile on her face disappeared slowly and her expression changed from happy into a shocked one. It was like her heart was set on fire. Something was burning bad.

Reality hit Yixing back when he saw that Haeri clutched into the tall guy’s arm beside her. Haeri looked away, she whispered something to that guy and they walked away to the other side of the lobby. She didn’t look a bit shaken, she maintained her posture well.

“What is it?” Chanyeol worriedly asked his sister who urged him to move from their previous spot. She shook her head slightly, her words were stuck in . “Haeri you’re shaking are you okay?” Chanyeol leaned in closer to look at her eyes. He was worried about his sister who suddenly changed.

“I’m fine don’t worry” she squeezed his arm around his wrist assuring him. “Let’s talk about later hmm?”

“But-“

“Please, Chanyeol.”

“Okay” he agreed.

Yixing was watching from afar, he felt like his chest was getting stabbed with a hundred knives. A feeling was suffocating him and his hands automatically curled into tight fists.

Stop watching her, don’t feel like this, stop feeling like this. She left you, she went for someone else, stop this ing feeling inside.

Yixing kept mentally yelling at himself. He shouldn’t fbe feeling anything, he should just ignore her existence. She doesn’t deserve his feelings.

He turned away, his back now faced Haeri and Chanyeol. He went for a stronger drink.

 

The night was almost ending, the smooth music that was played before turned into a slow song, and the DJ invited people to enjoy a dance before the night ends.

“Hello,” Chanyeol and Haeri looked at the very handsome young man in front of them, “I was wondering if I may have this dance with the beautiful lady?” he asked politely looking at Haeri and offering her his arm.

Haeri didn’t know how to react, she looked at Chanyeol who gave her a nod.

“Of course,” she smiled placing her hand over his gracefully.

Yixing was trying his best to avoid looking at them, but the way that other guy had one hand on Haeri’s little waist made it hard for Yixing to take his eyes off of them. It felt awful looking at the guy’s fingertips touching Haeri’s . It felt terrible watching her smiling for him as he was looking at her with so much fascination.

Haeri’s eyes met Yixing’s again sending shivers down her spine but she shook it off well. All eyes were on her as she is now a member of the Parks family and she was dancing with one of the most famous heirs there. She wasn’t willing to ruin her stepdad’s image by any inappropriate action or movement. She maintained her bright smile and her head held high no matter how bad it was eating her from the inside.

Haeri saw him watching her with unreadable eyes, she couldn’t tell exactly what his eyes were saying but all she knew was they weren’t saying something nice. They had a mixture of anger, disappointment, and maybe hatred.

~*~

“Haeri you’re terribly quiet, would you tell me what happened?” Chanyeol asked his sister who was silently watching the streetlights from the passenger’s seat as he drove back home.

“Yixing was there” she said in a barely audible voice.

“What?! Because there were a lot of people there, I didn’t see him.”

“Yeah… or maybe because he really changed” she said with her tired voice, “he looks different than the pictures you saw on my phone.”

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked.

Haeri wasn’t okay at all. She shook her head letting out a shaky breath. “No…” she buried her face in her palms and burst into tears that she had been holding for few hours.

Chanyeol parked on the side quickly, “hey” he called her softly but she didn’t reply, she was sobbing and he knew better that she didn’t want to talk. “It’s okay cry till you feel better and let everything out, I’ll keep driving around till you’re ready to go back home.”

Haeri nodded. She cried her heart out while Chanyeol aimlessly drove around through the night.

~*~

“Are you okay?” the manager asked Yixing. He was kept constantlt tapping his foot nervously while he was sitting on the backseat biting his nails.

“Yes” he replied shortly.

“You look nervous, did something happen there?”

“No.”

“But you-“

“Hyung” Yixing impatiently looked at his manager through the mirror making it clear that he was in no mood to listen to his words now, “can we just drive back to the hotel? I’m tired.”

 

As soon as he stepped inside his room, Yixing shut the door closed, his hands immediately worked to loosen the damned tie that was choking him. But after he took it off along with his suit and shirt, he realized he was still suffocating, he was still unable to breathe well and his throat felt sore.

He stood in front of the mirror in his bathroom after he took a cold harsh shower. A big white towel tied around his waist and a small one rested on his shoulders. He leaned in closer to the mirror holding into the sink in front of him for support. He was watching the reflection of his face with so much anger.

The fact that seeing her ed his feelings up like that made him even angrier.

“Don’t be stupid” he hissed talking to his reflection. “She left you. She was your everything and she simply left you after she promised you that she would never do. She left you when you were working your off to build your future and become someone better because you knew that was what she deserved.” His tone got colder, and louder, “stop feeling things when you see her you stupid bastard can’t you see she’s over you? Can’t you see she’s got someone else now? She only looked for someone better than you” he shot louder still gazing at his own eyes that were threatening to release tears.

“You ing can’t you see she doesn’t ing love you?!” he yelled throwing a punch at his reflection on the mirror.

The glass cracked into many smaller pieces reflecting now his shattered image. He was broken just like what the mirror in front of him showed.

His fist was bleeding, little pieces of glass got stuck over the cut but it didn’t hurt even a bit. The only pain he felt was in his chest. The water that was dripping from his wet hair over the sink got mixed with the tears he failed to suppress.

“Look at yourself you pathetic loser” he spoke with a cracked low voice to his now broken image, “you’re still crying over her…”

Yixing washed the blood and glass off his hand and he used few tissues to cover the cut not caring if it recovers or keeps bleeding. He put on sweatpants and threw himself between the sheets, after the hectic day he had, and the endless tears he cried, he was worn out. His eyelids felt so heavy, he fell asleep.

~*~

The next morning, Yixing woke up around 11 AM since as promised before, it was his day off; it had been so long since he didn’t have to wake up super early for schedules.

His yawn was interrupted when he was awake enough to get memories from the night before. For a moment it all felt like it was just a terrible nightmare but looking at his wounded hand, he knew it really happened.

Yixing changed into a light blue jeans and a plain white t-shirt before going to meet his manager in the lobby.

“What happened to your hand?!” The manager freaked out.

“Ah don’t worry it’s nothing” Yixing dismissed the topic ignoring the manager who insisted that Yixing should see a doctor. “Hyung, are we going to travel somewhere new now?” Yixing asked hoping to hear a yes from his manager.

“Not now,” the manager disappointed him. “You know our agency is Korean after all, and so far you haven’t worked here yet. You’re going to have to stay here for a while now before we move back to international work especially that the agency is working on debuting you as an actor here.”

Yixing desperately wanted to leave Korea and if possibly not come back, at least for now. But unfortunately he had to stay.

“I see” Yixing nodded.

“Just go and enjoy your day off with your friends, and treat that hand of yours or else I’ll carry you to the doctor with my hands” he pointed at Yixing and narrowed his eyes at him.

Yixing cracked a half smile, “I’ll see you tomorrow” he said before leaving the hotel with the car.

He was on his way to meet Minseok who he hadn’t seen in over a year now. He missed him so much.

~*~

“Haeri if you don’t open the damn door I’m breaking it!” Chanyeol hissed on the other side of Haeri’s locked bedroom door. He was trying to keep it low so that their parents won’t hear him. the night before Chanyeol and Haeri came back home so late their parents were asleep so they didn’t see Haeri’s awfully puffed eyes, and he was trying not to draw in their attention now.

“What!” Haeri opened the door forcefully and snapped. She looked terrible, her eyes were still puffed and under them black bags were formed.

“You look awful” Chanyeol said.

“Gee thanks” she threw a y smile, “now let me stay alone.”

She was closing the door back but Chanyeol stopped her half way there. “You didn’t sleep did you? You’ve been crying all night.”

“I’m fine” she said, “I’m sorry Chan I just need to say alone.”

“And cry for the rest of the day? No, go take a shower we’re going out” he stated.

“Um, yeah but no thanks” she tried to close the door again but he stopped her. "WHAT?"

“Yah! Stop closing it on me!” he scolded, “you think our parents won’t notice you’re misery? They’ll bombard you with endless questions so just take a shower, put your sunglasses on, and let’s go out” he instructed firmly.

Haeri thought about it for a moment, he had a point.

“Fine I’ll be ready in 30” she said before closing her door and going for a shower.

Chanyeol smiled, he wasn’t really doing that because of their parents, he just didn’t want his sister to cry miserably alone all day. He decided to take her out for shopping and lunch.

 

“So why are we in the mall? We could have just gone to our other house” Haeri said in a dead tone.

“Would you stop being a party pooper?” Chanyeol said annoyed, “Stop with your stupid grumpy attitude and let us just enjoy this.”

Haeri rolled her eyes at him, was he seriously scolding her when she’s already in the worst mood ever? “Fine” she mumbled and followed his lead.

As they were walking around wandering the mall, Chanyeol kept doing things to make Haeri’s mood better.

First, he called their friends to meet later for lunch. Then, he offered shopping for clothes but she refused, so instead, he treated her with her favorite ice cream flavor, he kept throwing his silly funny jokes making her smile every now and then, and he even bought her one of those huge sized white teddy bears that he knew she loved because every time they went out she’d point at one of them.

Being the loving and caring person he is Chanyeol tried his best to take care of his sister.

Chanyeol couldn’t see Haeri’s eyes because of the dark sunglasses she wore to hide them, but he could already tell she was feeling much better since she started smiling more often. His plan was working.

“So what do you wanna have for lunch?” he asked her while they were still walking around in the mall with the huge teddy bear that is almost Haeri’s height.

“A huge hamburger with as much fries as there could be and the biggest sized pepsi,” she grinned at the thought of eating them.

“That’s my sister!” Chanyeol smiled excitedly as the two continued walking to one of the restaurants there.

~*~

“So how have you been lately?” asked Minseok.

Yixing shrugged, “fine I guess.”

“Hey let’s go have lunch!” Minseok tried to cheer his friend.

 

“OMG guys” Eunha gasped with shocked eyes, “isn’t that Yixing?” she pointed at him from the other side of the hall. He didn’t see them.

Sehun narrowed his eyes at Yixing’s direction, “I think it is” he said.

“Oh my God he looks so different” Jina said.

“So handsome honestly” Eunha replied and Jina nodded agreeing.

“When did he come back?” wondered Kyungsoo.

“The question is, does Haeri know he’s back?” Jongin said worriedly.

“And if she does, then is she fine?” added Sehun.

“Let’s go and see” Kyungsoo said and they all walked together to the restaurant where they were supposed to have lunch with Haeri and Chanyeol.

 

Yixing’s POV

I sat with Minseok hyung waiting for our lunch to be served when I saw a group of people I know so well entering the place. The five took seats on a table facing mine and I internally thanked God she wasn’t with them. They didn't seem to see me as hyung's figure was covering mine.

My relief faded so soon; I mentally cursed when Haeri entered the place. That feeling of anger and bitterness filled me up again when I saw her. She came with that tall guy again holding one huge teddy bear he most probably bought for her earlier.

Is he better than me? Is he the reason why she left? He does things I didn’t do to her?

 “Are you okay?” Minseok asked getting my attention back.

“Yeah” I replied shortly.

I’m not sure if she saw me or not because her eyes were covered. She said something to the rest and walked out.

 “Hyung, I’ll be back” I said before walking outside.

I followed her steps one by one, turning whenever she turned, slowing down whenever she slowed down, and quickening my steps whenever she did as well. Yet I left a good distance between us.

What the hell are you doing? I thought to myself…

You don’t want to see her. You’re better off without her, you do not miss her. You ing dumbhead, she left you!

I stopped walking. My brain was telling me the ugly truth that I seemed to forget for a minute there. She didn’t stop walking and I didn’t care, I wasn’t going to be stupid this time.

I turned around and made my way back to the restaurant, asked the waitress to pack the food to go, and left with Minseok hyung.

I don’t ever want to see her face again.

 

Third POV

Chanyeol and the others watched Yixing who was frowning angrily. He said something to his friend and walked out.

“Maybe they spoke?” asked Sehun.

“If they did, then it didn’t go well” answered Jongin.

“True, he looks so angry” said Jina.

They were all wondering if something happened between the two.

“Guys” Eunha spoke, “do you think we should try to get them back together?”

Chanyeol tilted his head with a smirk on his face, “I think we should.”

Suddenly they all gathered closer to each other and everyone talked together.

“Hey!” Kyungsoo snapped making everyone shut up, “I can’t hear or understand anything stop talking together” he hissed and they all stayed quiet. “Good, now what’s the plan?” he asked.

They looked at each other, everyone seemed to be thinking about something.

“I think I know what to do” Chanyeol smirked again.

They were curious to know his plan but he shushed them up when he saw Haeri coming froming afar. It seemed like she had no clue Yixing was following her earlier, but her heart skipped a beat when she saw his now empty seat.

------------------------------

When i was writing this i thought, if I was given the chance to be the person Yixing loves, I'd hold onto him so damn tight and i would literally never let him go. lol

I wonder if you guys are Yixing biased or? 

Anyway, i really hope you like this chapter, i'm trying t^t