Two

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

I will run away.

 

The bar is quiet much to Chanyeol’s liking. There isn’t much to do or say coming from Kyungsoo’s part. He is just waiting for Chanyeol to express himself the way he is supposed to. Kyungsoo knows that something is going on with his best friend. A few drinks will do to get the elder into speaking. Though, it will be hard because Chanyeol never gets drunk. The elder can drink a whole bottle on his own, and he will be perfectly fine. “It’s being a while since we last had a drink...” Chanyeol sighs in content. The music consists of upbeat but not overpowering, something that Chanyeol really appreciates.

“It has...” Kyungsoo says right before taking a sip of his beer. Again, there is silence. It doesn’t take long for the place to get packed. From young to older people, there is a mass variety of ages (21 and older). They, of course, know who Chanyeol is. Some of them stare while others try to get away as fast as possible. The majority that stays to stare are young girls, snapping a few pictures of him from time to time. They know that Chanyeol is one of the wealthiest men in South Korea, and how important he is to the nation. To say that Chanyeol doesn’t mind the snapping and whisperings would be a lie. He doesn’t like it but lets it go with a small smile, the type of smile that is not friendly or disrespectful. It is enough to let everyone know that he wants his privacy. “Why was I blessed with a celebrity as a best friend?” Kyungsoo jokes.

Chanyeol refrains himself from rolling his eyes. That can only cause a scandal if someone snaps a picture of him doing such act. All Chanyeol wants is to have a normal and quiet time with his best friend, enjoying of a few drinks. Though he is rich, he usually enjoys drinking Soju beer. Someone with Chanyeol’s status wouldn’t dare to be caught drinking such beverage back in the day. Times had changed and Chanyeol sure likes to drink it. Actually, now that he thinks about it he hasn’t had a normal day in his life since he turned 22. He started to work at his father’s company and by the age of 28, he became the CEO. His twenty-fives were his happy days. He would party and travel. He was happy because he was working with his father. It was something that he had wanted for a very long time. It was about time to start using his abilities and design. Every person praised him for having good ideas and for his ways of thinking. He was finally going to design something on his own. Unfortunately, that never happened.

Mr. Park continues to design. Chanyeol never gets to do something on his own. All he does is say yes to what his father is doing. Again, his CEO position is worthless. Chanyeol wants to do something new. Mr. Park is always doing the same things over and over again. Buildings, houses and malls all look very familiar. Chanyeol thinks that his father should update his style. Though the style is what makes up someone, doing the same for every client is not good. Chanyeol feels that every person is different hence they should get different designs that match their personalities and some of the designers as well. Chanyeol likes to recycle. He would love to make a house out of recycling material.

His style is very rustic. Chanyeol feels that his inspiration is slowly dying. He doesn’t like designing anymore, which is something of rather importance to him. He doesn’t want to spend the rest of his life doing something that others want him to do. “You should feel lucky” Chanyeol says with a grin.

Chanyeol’s phone starts ringing breaking the silence. Chanyeol frowns as he looks at the caller ID, which is no other than his father. He frowns deeper and with a sigh, puts it back on the table. Kyungsoo raises a brow at him, as if asking what is wrong. Chanyeol sighs. “Mind sharing your thoughts with me?” Kyungsoo says, looking down as he takes a sip of his beer. He hears Chanyeol sighing again. “Or you can answer your phone...” Kyungsoo says, this time looking up at his best friend straight in the eye. He doesn’t want for Chanyeol to build up so much anger in him. That can only cause problems.

The phone stops ringing only to beep a few seconds later. Chanyeol knows that it is a text message. He was supposed to sign some papers for a construction that is about to take place. Chanyeol doesn’t know why his father gave him his CEO position when the old man still takes care of designing and choosing where to. “I am just tired...” finally, Chanyeol says. He grabs the bottle in between his hands, playing with it as he speaks. He opens the text only to find out that his father is very angry. It reads that Mr. Park had to sign the papers in Chanyeol’s place.

Chanyeol bitterly laughs, placing his phone back in the table right before locking it. “Tired?” Kyungsoo asks, though he knows what Chanyeol is trying to say.

“Yeah...” Chanyeol looks up at him. “I am tired of everything. Of my father and my ty job that shouldn’t even be ty to begin with. I am the ing CEO for s sake and I can’t do !” he exclaims quite lowly but loud enough for Kyungsoo to hear the frustration behind the words. “He is angry because he had to sign papers for me. I am starting to think that he was just sick of the meetings. I am worthless as the CEO. It wouldn’t really matter if I am not there because my father can sign in my place.” he exclaims in frustration.

Kyungsoo signals a waiter for more beers. He can’t drink as much as Chanyeol, but they are necessary at the moment. “I can’t go on trips, I can’t wear casual clothes. I am tired of this...” he points at his black suit, pulling it in frustration. “I look like a ing old man!” Kyungsoo finds himself chuckling.

“Not really... I think they suit you very well. I mean at least you are tall enough to look good on them. Not like me...” says the younger with a slight pout on his lips.

“I don’t know what to do. My mother is the same. She is never home and...” he sighs, “I am 29 years old. I don’t need my parents. I can do things on my own, but they-“

“Always chose for you.” Kyungsoo finishes the line. Chanyeol closes his mouth as he nods. He takes a rather big gulp of his new beer, making an ‘erk’ noise at the end. “Why don’t you... I don’t know-” Kyungsoo doesn’t want to be that friend that says something good that looks bad. He wants to help Chanyeol, but the elder is always complying to his parents’ wishes, always putting himself at last. Of course parents should be respected, but you as a person should look out for yourself. Enjoy life and do the things that you like, not what others want you to do. That is such an awful way of living. Chanyeol is an artist. He is passionate and his passion depresses him at times. Maybe that is why some of the best artists out there commit suicide. “Why don’t you just take a break? You’ve been working since you were 22 nonstop.”

A break? Chanyeol never thought of that. Actually, he never thinks of anything but what his father might want. He doesn’t have a life of his own. Kyungsoo has everything. He has a job that he likes as a singing teacher. He has a place of his own and his parents were a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter