Six

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

Mixed feelings.

 

 “At last!” Jongin rolls his eyes for the nth time. Baekhyun keeps on jumping up and down on the couch. He is way too excited to give a damn about the looks that his best friend is giving him. “The architect will be here in a couple of hours. Aren’t you excited?” Baekhyun asks to which Jongin shakes his head.

“Annoyed is the word. Seriously, he is everywhere...” Baekhyun raises a brow. “Everywhere and now he is your roommate.” Baekhyun still doesn’t know what the deal with Jongin and Chanyeol is, but he doesn’t really care because he has a roommate now. And Jongin is still having a hard time trying to believe that Chanyeol, the architect, really is the one. Jongin noticed who Chanyeol was right away, but why didn’t Baekhyun? Maybe it’s because Baekhyun doesn’t like to watch the news. He finds them saddening and unreal. To him, they are a bunch of lies created in order to hide what really is going on around the world.

Either way, it is so unbelievable. “How is the apartment? Does it look dirty?” Baekhyun asks Jongin, sounding much like a maniac. Jongin shakes his head while taking a good look of the place. Everything looks clean. The kitchen, bathroom and rooms are all clean. “I spent the entire night cleaning. I took forever to clean. Going to school was the last thing I wanted to do in the morning.” Jongin bitterly laughs. They were late to their classes, and it was all because of Baekhyun. In addition, Baekhyun’s entire body screams for mercy. Everything is sore, especially his arms and legs.

Jongin can tell how excited Baekhyun is. He knows it and he can see it. It is one of those things that Baekhyun does whenever he is excited. The elder jumps, sings, dances and all combine is just a joke. It’s funny and cute but stupid. “Baekhyunnie...” the elder stops dancing. “What happen to the food?”

The elder frowns. He snorts out in laughter but Jongin doesn’t know what’s so funny. “What do you mean?” he asks while approaching the younger. He stops in front of Jongin, who moves to the side. Baekhyun blankly stares at the empty fridge, trying to process the fact that there’s no more food in there.

“What happened to the food?” Jongin asks again. It’s been a month since Jongin bought Baekhyun some food.

Baekhyun blinks and then thinks back. He snaps his fingers and says, “We finished it. I haven’t thought about it because I was too worried searching for a roommate.” Jongin spent most of the nights with Baekhyun. The two of them finished the food. Jongin is impressed because it lasted the whole month. The two together usually finished everything in two weeks. “Oh, my god!” Jongin jumps a bit startled. “Do you know what this means?”

Jongin nods, shrugging like if that was the most stupid question ever asked. “You will starve?” Baekhyun face palms.

“This is perfect!” and Jongin still doesn’t know what the elder is trying to say. “It’s like...” Jongin swears he can see a little cloud floating above Baekhyun. Whatever it is that the elder is thinking must be stupid. “I will go grocery shopping with Chanyeol. Like a date!” Baekhyun waits for the younger to say something, but Jongin is just blankly staring at him. A frown forms on Baekhyun’s forehead when he sees and hears Jongin laughing his out. The younger was right. What Baekhyun just said is way too stupid.

Baekhyun glares at him for a couple of times, but he doesn’t stop daydreaming about his ‘date’ with the architect. “How the hell is that a date and where do you get such ideas?” Baekhyun shrugs. “Baekhyunnie...”

“Yes...” The elder hums in annoyance. He plays with the hem of his shirt in irritation. Baekhyun knows that Jongin is about to scold him.

Jongin places his arm around Baekhyun, bringing him even closer to him. The action annoys Baekhyun but he doesn’t move. “The old architect is not gay.” Baekhyun pushes him away. “You need to stop drooling all over the floor. You will freak him out.” he says.

And Baekhyun remembers the promise he made. He promised to not tell Chanyeol that he is gay. Baekhyun doesn’t know why the hell Jongin asked him to do such thing. The younger was the first one telling him to never hide who he really is. So why is Jongin asking him to hide it? “Yah!” exclaims the elder. He clearly wants to find an answer towards that question. “I don’t want to hide the fact that I am gay!” he says, arms cross around his chest. “Why. Tell me why I have to hide it!” Jongin sighs while Baekhyun sulks on one of the corners.

There are a lot of reasons, but one that Baekhyun needs to keep in mind the most. “Not every guy you see is gay.” and Baekhyun knows it’s true. He just likes to think that every guy he sees is gay. There is no harm in dreaming, but Jongin has a hard time trying to keep Baekhyun from flirting. For some odd reason, the guys end up flirting back. Maybe it’s Baekhyun’s personality and cute appearance that attracts others. “You need to control your hormones. Sometimes I swear that you are worse than me.” Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “And stop being so damn sassy. It is hard to control your flirtatious behavior as it is. It is even harder when you get all sassy.”

“Ok, enough! Thank you so much for insulting me. I didn’t know that having a gay friend was such a pain on the !” says Baekhyun, feeling rather offended.

But that wasn’t Jongin’s point at all. He hates it when Baekhyun thinks that way. They are best friends and Jongin will never change him for anything. “I never said that.” but Baekhyun ignores him. “How do you think the media will act when they discover that Chanyeol’s roommate is gay?” the elder frowns. “They will make false articles about it. They might even start a scandal. ‘Park Chanyeol is dating his roommate’ do you want that?”

Baekhyun shrugs. “That wouldn’t be a bad scandal...” Jongin groans. “Ok, I was just kidding. I don’t want that. I don’t want to cause him any harm.” It is only making him feel so self-conscious about himself, and he’s never felt that way before. He is only now realizing that he is not well accepted in society. Not that he ever ignore it on the first place. “That won’t happen, though... I signed a contract.”

“What?” Jongin asks in confusion. He wasn’t there when Kyungsoo explained the deal with the contract. Baekhyun explains everything to him. “Jail... what the hell!” Jongin exclaims.

Baekhyun nods. He opens a drawer and takes a piece of paper and a pen out. “So you can’t say anything.” says the elder while writing some things down on the paper. “I have a feeling that he wants privacy. I don’t know. All I know is that I wasn’t going to find a person before the month was over. And you can’t deny the fact that Chanyeol seems like a nice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter