Thirteenth

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

 

He takes a quick glance at the clock hanging on one of the walls before sighing. This is by far not his day. Kyungsoo hasn’t had one single bite of his lunch, and his break is about to come to an end. His feelings are slowly killing him. They are tiring him so much, not being able to express what he feels openly, is him deeper into stress. What infuriates him the most are the feelings that he had developed towards his best friend. It is more than a grossly crush.

Kyungsoo is in love.

He is disgusted with himself, for falling in love with a straight man. What will Chanyeol even think of him if he ever found out about it? The thought of it scares Kyungsoo. He doesn’t even want to think about it. It only tires him even more. He prefers to live his life without love than without his best friend. “Hah....” he sighs as he stands up from his small brown chair, pacing around his office.

Students keep on knocking even though he is on his break. But he doesn’t mind them. In fact, he loves to help his students and they love him very much. “Mr. Do?” another knock is heard. A young girl opens the door, peaking cutely through the side.

Kyungsoo puts on a smile, contrasting his usual glare that he has whenever out of work. It is a smile that his students have grown to love. “Come on in, Jimin.” he says as he sits straight on his chair. “How can I help you?” he places his untouched, cold coffee to the side.

She nods, shyly. “I have trouble with my breathing and I can’t hit the proper notes...”

He eventually gets a break after instructing his top student. “Thanks, Mr. Do!” she smiles brightly at him, closing the door seconds later. Kyungsoo walks over to the small fridge that’s inside his office, and opens it. He is really not hungry and his lunch is looking unappetizing at the moment.

“I read that people that sing should take care of their bodies the most. That is if they want to be able to sing well. If you are tired then it will show in your voice.”

Kyungsoo stares at the vitamin bottles that he had placed on his fridge. It was rather late when he woke up. To say that he was angry would be an understanding. Kyungsoo is never late to work. His students eventually noticed the tired look on their favorite teacher’s face. He regrets having his best friend staying so far from him. Even Chanyeol has a hard time not being able to spend time with the younger like they used to, but he is happy for what’s about to come – though he doesn’t know. The architect still has a lot to learn from his roommate.

Kyungsoo got back home pretty late last night, ended up sleeping past three in the morning. He takes a vitamin bottle with one hand, chuckling to himself. It makes him frown. Why is he chuckling over something so trivial?  But maybe it was because he had a lot of fun the previous night? Baekhyun and Jongin are quite an interesting duo. However, Kyungsoo still has a hard time trying to cope with the youngest.

He really doesn’t know why, though.

Loud music breaks the silence of the office, sending Kyungsoo into a jumping and silently cursing tantrum. “Aigoo!” he glares at the lighting device on his desk. “Ahhh, I got scared!” he curses as he walks towards his phone. “Who... is this?” he asks no one in particular.

He sets the phone back on the desk with a shrug, walking back towards the small fridge. He is not hungry but he is very tired. Jongin might be right. Kyungsoo can’t have his students worrying over him. He needs to get his life back together. But the device continues to ring nonstop, eventually frustrating him to no end. “I don’t answers unknown calls!” he says in between gritted teeth. Whoever it is, it better be important. “Hello?” he answers, not sounding one bit pleased.

“You sound even angrier on the phone, hyung...” Kyungsoo’s eyes grow larger than ever. He stares at his phone in disbelief before placing it back on his ear.

“Jongin? How did you get... my number...” he rolls his eyes, mentally strangling his best friend.

“Chanyeol-ah...” comes Jongin’s soft yet deep voice. Kyungsoo can imagine the grin plastered all over Jongin’s face. It makes him roll his eyes. “How are you?” Kyungsoo frowns. “Have you taken your vitamins?” Jongin asks.

It’s very weird. Kyungsoo can’t grasp how Jongin became so concern about him. Why? It makes Kyungsoo feel... warm? He shakes his head, sighing. “You are always tired. Hyung, you don’t want to look older than what you really are, right? I mean, it is bad for someone your age.” Kyungsoo is trying hard not to shout at the younger through the phone.

Forget about him feeling warm. Jongin is an .

“Jongin, I am working at the moment-“

“Wait!” the younger shuts him. “You never answered me. How are you?” he asks again.

The warm feeling is coming back again, weighing down on the pit of his stomach. Someone is really worrying over him. Damn, Jongin is very weird. But it makes Kyungsoo smile. He really needs someone to talk to, but is Jongin reliable? – No! What on earth am I thinking?! Kyungsoo silently groans. Why become a burden to someone else. “I was about to take one... a drink.” he says, taking the bottle into his hands. “I’ll just give it a while to make an effect.” he shrugs.

“Good!” on the other side of the line, Jongin is motioning his instructor to give him a few more minutes. Yixing and Taemin roll their eyes as they make their way back to the studio. “Hyung, I think we have a problem.” the elder frowns, not understanding what the younger is saying. “It’s about Baekhyun’s parents, uncle and aunty Byun.

“We? Care to elaborate how Baekhyun’s parents are a problem of mine?” Kyungsoo asks in utter confusion.

Jongin rolls his eyes. He can hear the glare and frown in the elder. “Who was the one that made my best friend sign a contract, particularly stating to never say who Chanyeol is?” Kyungsoo’s frown disappears. The younger might be into something. “They want to meet their son’s new roommate. Uncle Byun is scary when he is angry. Baekhyun is pushing them to their limit. He hasn’t answered them in a while.”

Kyungsoo takes a quick sip of his small drink. “Why isn’t he answering them?” he asks the moment he gulps down the drink.

Jongin sighs through the phone. – He has a cute voice. Kyungsoo grows red. – He must have a nice singing voice. He says, telling himself that the only reason he thought of that is because he is a vocal instructor. “Because Baekhyun at lying.” frustration can be heard in Jongin’s voice. “You should have seen him in the morning. He lied about his wet-” Jongin bites his tongue rather harshly, preventing the rest from slipping out of his lips like butter. “Errr, he can’t lie to his parents, and he doesn’t know what to tell them about Chanyeol.”

Kyungsoo nods, finally understanding the situation at hand. He never really thought about it when he made Baekhyun sign the contract. “I’ll talk to Chanyeol about it.”

“Ok...” Jongin sees Yixing signaling him that he only has one more minute left. He pouts as he nods in response. “Hyung, when will you come back?” he asks, surprising himself as well. Jongin wants to give Baekhyun some space. He knows that his best friend needs space to get to know his roommate better. But he also knows that it will only mean that he won’t be able to spend much time with Baekhyun. “I had a lot of fun last night.” he honestly says. “I have to go. Dance practice is about to start....” Kyungsoo isn’t saying anything. “One last thing, hyung...”

“What?” Kyungsoo asks.

“Kyungsoo-ah, I know you hate me but you will be mine!” and the line goes dead.

“The hell?!” Kyungsoo says.

 

Baekhyun had managed to let his feelings cool down after a while of talking with Chanyeol. But there was one thing that he wanted to do, and that was to go out. But he wasn’t going to leave Chanyeol all alone, when there are a lot of things to do out. “Come on! No one will recognize you!” Baekhyun grins widely. “You don’t look old like before....” he teases.

The architect sends him a glare, which Baekhyun shrugs with a laugh. Chanyeol is taken by surprise when Baekhyun drags him towards a taxi. “You will like it. I promise.” the two of them get inside the vehicle. “I want to show you around Hongdae. A lot of people think that it’s for youngsters only, but old people...” he shoots the elder a quick glance, one side of his mouth twitching up into a smirk. “Like you, also get to have fun.”

“I’m not old, Baekhyun-ah...” says Chanyeol with a small pout. Baekhyun giggles to himself, earning a raise brow from the elder.

The architect looks different from hours ago. Baekhyun had felt so bad for him but he didn’t dare to ask anything. He hates seeing his roommate so sad and confused. “We are here!” he shouts in excitement, earning looks from both the driver and Chanyeol.

Baekhyun gets out of the vehic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter