Fourteen

Need a Roommate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy!

Confusion is written all over Kyungsoo’s face. He really doesn’t know what the younger had meant with you will be mine. But he doesn’t get to dwell much on it, as he is already sending his best friend a message, informing him about Baekhyun’s parents. The bell rings seconds later, informing that lunch has just ended. Kyungsoo pouts before turning the lights of the office off.

Back in the studio, Jongin smiles brightly because he is determine. There is something about the elder that has Jongin wanting to know him more. Jongin will make Kyungsoo his second best friend. He wants to remove Kyungsoo’s frown away from that innocent looking face, because Jongin likes it when Kyungsoo smiles.

“Jongin!” startled, the 21 year old man turns to look at his instructor. “Stop daydreaming and get to stretch!” Jongin nods as he does his routines the way he is supposed to. Taemin and some of the girls stretching send Jongin a knowing look before giggling. Though they don’t know who Jongin was talking to, there was a look on him that radiates... fluffiness?

 

Baekhyun dragged Chanyeol into his favorite Bibimbap restaurant called, Bap. It is located next-door Hongdae Notio, a place filled with a charming atmosphere. “This is where Jongin and I spend our evenings at times. He loves it here and I am sure that you will too.” Baekhyun informs with a smile, eyes already scanning the menu.

“It’s hard to imagine Jongin in a place like this,” Chanyeol scans the place that’s not filled with youngsters but old ladies.

It’s homely and the staff is not young, unlike what Chanyeol had seen in a lot of places. It is very charming, indeed.

Baekhyun laughs, still looking at the menu. “We are talking about authentic Korean dishes here,” the younger looks up, meeting eyes with his roommate. “Jongin will love anyone who cooks as good as my mother or his.” he says with a chuckle.

“Authentic dishes?” the elder asks, already feeling the hunger in him kick in. He wasn’t hungry when Baekhyun suggested eating, but he was glad that Baekhyun had managed to change topics in a discreet manner.

“Hello, what can I get you young boys today?” a middle age lady asks.

The architect continues to study his surroundings, taking in sight that the place is almost empty. It allows Chanyeol to breathe comfortably. He thought that it was going to be packed, but Baekhyun told him that the busiest hours are during the mornings and nights. “Aigoo, such good looking men we got here. How do you manage to catch the handsome ones?” Baekhyun blushes.

He starts to talk to the ajummas, whom he apparently already knows. “You got a nice one, Baekhyunnie.” one of them pats him on the shoulder, giving him a knowing look.

Baekhyun chokes on one of the drinks that his favorite ajumma had provided them with. “Ajumma!” he wines, cutely.

“Ahh, no need to get all shy about it...” the younger turns his sight towards his roommate. “But he seems very familiar...” says the ajumma, eyeing the architect with a raise brow.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol was too busy being molested by the curious old ladies. He would give his roommate a few pleading looks, but Baekhyun just laughed, shrugging his shoulders. “It must be because he is so handsome. He looks like those idols from nowadays.” she says and Baekhyun sighs in relief.

“Can we keep my ummm...” Baekhyun makes her lean forward a bit, whispering his secret to her ear. “Please?” there is a confuse look on the ajumma’s face, but she nods nonetheless. It took her by surprise given that the younger never hides who he is.

“Of course, dear, I will get you the usual, Baekhyunnie.” the younger nods. “Oh, will Jongin come?”

Baekhyun was about to speak but another ajumma cut him off, “Oh, he was here just a day ago!” the ajumma that kept on complimenting Chanyeol says. “That boy has an amazing appetite. That is why he is so tall and handsome. Aigoo, I already ask him to date my granddaughter, but he says that girls are too complicated.”

– He said that? Baekhyun wonders to himself. – Oh, well it sounds like something Jongin will say.

The architect gets to breath after a while. Baekhyun would only laugh at the elder. “They are very...” Baekhyun raises a brow. “Passionate.” the younger cracks into laughter.

The ajummas antics are no surprise to Baekhyun anymore. They were like that to him and Jongin when they first arrive to the restaurant. Now they are regulars and, in all honesty, the ajummas’ favorites. Both Jongin and Baekhyun are like their grandsons. “How did you find this place?” Chanyeol asks.

He is starting to think that he underestimated both Baekhyun and Jongin. They are definitely not like the kids from nowadays. The food arrives minutes later. Baekhyun’s eyes widen at the delicious sight. Chanyeol even takes a moment to admire the different side dishes in front of him.

Baekhyun bows to the ajummas, who leave them to do their jobs. “I was about 15 when I first got here.” he says with a faint, sad smile. Chanyeol frowns as he places the food on his mouth, taste buds exploding in ecstasies. “Jongin and I come here ever since then, especially when we get out of university or from Jongin’s dancing lessons.” the architect pays close attention, nodding here and then. “The food is amazing, right?” 

Chanyeol can’t deny that this food is the best, well, Kyungsoo’s food is perfection. “Very... I haven’t had this in so long.” says the architect with a mouthful.

Baekhyun giggles as he nods. Chanyeol stares at the younger, smile spreading through his face as he hears Baekhyun’s funny food noises. The younger sure loves the food by the way he moans and compliments once in a while. – Cute.

Eventually, Baekhyun notices the elder starting. His cheeks grow a crimson color. “What’s your favorite food?” Chanyeol asks.

“I love everything!” Baekhyun admits proudly. “But my favorite food is Japanese.” the smile soon leaves Chanyeol’s face, and Baekhyun hates that look on the older. “What, you don’t like it?” he questions.

The architect shakes his head, brows knitting into a frown. “No, I don’t.” so cold and Baekhyun is starting to get uncomfortable. “I mean, I always had it but never actually ate it” he says.

Puzzled, Baekhyun states, “If you have never ate it then how you do really know that you don’t like it?” the architect tilts his head to the side.

Well, Chanyeol never saw it like that. He just... hates it.

 

17 years ago

“Omma...” 12 year old Chanyeol bites his lips, head looking down. “Minsoo, where are you going?” he asks, turning his gaze to the microwave.

“It’s none of your business, Chanyeol-ah.” says his mother in her usual cold tone. “Just eat your food. Your father will be back soon. I don’t want you complaining about the food either.”

“But you always give me the same. I want to eat what you used to cook for my father and I. Omma, can you stay?” he asks, tears threating to roll down his cheeks.

Chanyeol knows how irritated his mother gets, and the frustration always gets the best of her. Chanyeol wants to throw a tantrum, but he knows that it won’t do any justice.

Foods, they aren’t anything like they used to be. He doesn’t remember when the last time his mother actually cooked for him was. She only feeds him microwave Japanese food. The sight of his mother leaving every day has him crying to himself. His father is barely home and his grandpa isn’t as strong as before. The old man is getting sicker by the day. Chanyeol feels lonely.

He hates Japanese food with all of his guts.

 

Baekhyun wipes his mouth, placing a hand on top of Chanyeol’s. “I know that we haven’t spent much time together. That you and I don’t really know each other that well. But I want you to know that you can always tell me anything.” the architect eyes him, not being able to find his voice.

“Kyungsoo just sent me a text.” Baekhyun removes his hand away, face flushing. – Why did I say that?

The poor 22 year old man feels his face heating up in embarrassment. “What did it said? If I can know.” he asks.

“It’s about your parents,” Baekhyun’s eyes widen.

“What about them?” he asks in concern, checking his phone for any missing calls.

It’s true that he hasn’t answered them, but he had sent them a couple of texts messages. That at least calms them down a bit. “He says that they want to know who your roommate is...” Chanyeol says with a frown. Baekhyun sighs in relief. He was already thinking the worst.

“Ah, yeah, they are kind of... very protective that way.” Baekhyun says with a faint blush, rolling his eyes because he can already see his parents’ curious eyes rooming all over his roommate.

“Well, it’s okay with me. You said that I don’t look like the architect anymore.” Baekhyun nods. “It should be fine, right?”

The younger thinks before nodding. He is excited but at the same time nervous. His parents aren’t the quiet type, and they will have a lot of questions to ask. “What should I call you?” the architect raises a brow. “Chanyeol can give you away. We should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter